FF8 GFs vs FF10 Aeons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pulse2
Personally I prefered the GFs in 8 more then I did in other FF games except when 10 came along.

Which sets would you say is better if you have experienced both games.

Not just in graphics, but instead with sheer power and character designs smile

Doomtrain was really quite amazing and so was Eden in FF8, but Brahamut and Anima were amazing in 10.

Cloud_VII
http://www.ffinsider.net/ff10/daeons.php

Pulse2
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
http://www.ffinsider.net/ff10/daeons.php But they're dark Aeons smile

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Pulse2
But they're dark Aeons smile
I think it's fair to let the strongest versions of the monsters battle it out. Anyways, FFX Aeons I believe are the only creatures that can learn abilities involving White and Black Magic. Also, they can exceed damage limits and have really high HPs. I don't think the Gaurdian Forces stand a chance anyway.

Darkstorm Zero
Pure gameplay goes to FFX IMO... since the creature you summon can actually stay on the field and fight as characters, rather than simply coming in, attack and then retreat... (Exemptions for this are when you have to fight the GFs in order to obtain them.)

But, nothing beats Eden... that GF was just to powerful, and too cool stick out tongue

MadMel
lol..eden takes this..doom train poisens them, then eden comes and obliterates them big grin..

Kadesh
you do know FFX international animas overdrive is 16 hits compared to the 1 hit in the US version?

Example, you perform oblivion with anima in the US version, the most you can do is 99999.

In the international version it hits 16 times so its like 99999 x 16

Cloud_VII
Whoever thinks the Gaurdian Forces win should see the link I posted about the Dark Aeons. Bahamut alone can petrify the Gaurdian Forces with Impulse, and Anima can inflict just about every status ailment, two of which render the Gaurdian Forcess inactive, and can cast Doom on all creatures. Also, In case one or some of the Aeons get killed, another Aeon can just bring them back to life with Auto-Life, one of the White Magic ablities FFX Aeons can learn.

draxx_tOfU
one word...

DOOMTRAIN!!!

j/k, gameplay goes to the aeons (of course!), although i think diablos of ff8 was cool...

kamikz
Originally posted by Kadesh
you do know FFX international animas overdrive is 16 hits compared to the 1 hit in the US version?

Example, you perform oblivion with anima in the US version, the most you can do is 99999.

In the international version it hits 16 times so its like 99999 x 16

LOL! It only hits one in the US version? Tough luck...

Cloud_VII
Plus if this involves the Final Aeon in X, The Gaurdian Forces are pretty much screwed as well.

draxx_tOfU
^^^^^^^^^^^yep...

gameplay really favors the aeons by a mile even without the final aeon...

Cloud_VII
Haha, I think the Gaurdian Forces are more about gameplay anyway since all of the Aeons have appeared in CG cutscenes, and not just in gameplay.

draxx_tOfU
noted...

i meant that gf's are summoned to do one-time damage only...

Kadesh
well in cut scenes animas pain move is an instant kill attack, the finael aeon also being able to take down sin whom could send the world to oblivion while yojimbos zanmato is a sword from hell move which splits anything in half

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
I think it's fair to let the strongest versions of the monsters battle it out. Anyways, FFX Aeons I believe are the only creatures that can learn abilities involving White and Black Magic. Also, they can exceed damage limits and have really high HPs. I don't think the Gaurdian Forces stand a chance anyway.

Eden does over 30,000 points of damage with one hit. He was the first thing to exceed the 9,999 limit with one attack. Eden would nuke them all.

draxx_tOfU
also the deux ex machina called odin...

ESB -1138
The GFs outnumber the Aeons by a good margin as well.

draxx_tOfU
20 if you add odin, gilgamesh, chocobo, and phoenix pinion...

not sure if minimog and griever can be considered GF's as well...

Pulse2
Odin and Gilgamesh also do 1 hit kills, so does that not count for something :O

BackFire
I liked the gameplay element with Aeons in FFX. It was more then just an elaborate magic attack, as they've always been in prior FF games, it actually required strategy and tact to use them well in X.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Eden does over 30,000 points of damage with one hit. He was the first thing to exceed the 9,999 limit with one attack. Eden would nuke them all.
If they cast Protect then the damage would be decreased significantly. Also, they have the option of slowing down the GFs while greatly hastening themselves, so chances are, the Aeons will be making the first move. Anima's Oblivion would be an instant kill to all the GFs.

TricksterPriest
Bull. Eden's shown to be blowing up planets in it's attack. and 2nd, you're assuming they'd fight the same way they do in the games. And half of 30k is still 15k, which could be enough to one shot most of them. Not to mention Gilgy and Odin's one shotters. Seems like a curbstomp in favor of FF8 by virtue of superior firepower and numbers.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Bull. Eden's shown to be blowing up planets in it's attack.
What's that?

and 2nd, you're assuming they'd fight the same way they do in the games.
So how else would they fight?

And half of 30k is still 15k, which could be enough to one shot most of them.
15,000 is greater than 99,999, and the Gaurdian Forces will make the first move seeing as how they're slowed down and the Aeons are significantly sped up.

Not to mention Gilgy and Odin's one shotters.
Means nothing most of the FFX Aeons' specials are instant kills in battle. Also if an Aeon dies, another can resurrect it, but we don't have to worry about that happening.

Seems like a curbstomp in favor of FF8 by virtue of superior firepower and numbers.
You obviously know little about what FFX Aeons can do, and don't think of telling me I don't know about the Gaurdian Forces since I've played and finished VIII long before I began playing X.

draxx_tOfU
Bull. Eden's shown to be blowing up planets in it's attack.

eden indeed does deal ALOT of damage...

but...

i still dont understand it's eternal breath attack, i dont even know where eden is during its sequence...

is it a planet? or a huge bird type creature?

meh...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.