Batdude's tourney odds thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Devil Lance
This is Batude's ourney odds thread

post how good of a chance you think each team has of winning the tourney.

here are the teams and their characters so far

BW / DC - Black Alice - 1st
Baldey / DevilLance - Quasar -
trolly / King Kandy - Fallen One -
Roldz/Nino - Superman Blue -
captian / MartianMind - Captain Atom -
Digi / Scoob - Adam Warlock -
PR/Rewmac- Iceman -
Bran / Darthgoober - ???

King Kandy
I have 8th odds.

bigbran
Originally posted by King Kandy
I have 8th odds. confused

pr1983
Originally posted by bigbran
confused

double confused

Devil Lance
Originally posted by pr1983
double confused

don't spam this thread mad
stick out tongue

pr1983
Its not spam... messed

but ok...

Blair Wind
The current favorites have to be the returning champions from the last few tourneys: Me and Scoobless based solely on experience (which has been shown to be important in the past) and the fact that our partners are considered "big guns" (DC and Digi respectively) as well.

But PR/Rewmac are regular forums, as are bigbran/goober. And plenty of people have made names for themselves taking down "big guns" in tourneys before (I myself, for example, was hardly a favorite going into the Ironman level tourney where I pwned Scoobs).

So...

If 8/1 is the average, we'll start Me/DC and Digi/Scoobs at about 6/1. PR/Rewmac, Goober/Bigbran and Roldz/Nino at 8/1. King Kandy/trollyl and Devil Lance/BB at 10/1. MM/Captain at 12/1 (captain hasnt been around has he?)

This could all change though, and obviously will.

So, what odds would all of you have?

DigiMark007
Anyway:

There's always a few things you can look to (since I've seen my share of these things).

1 is experience. Blair/DC and Scoob/Myself are the tourney vets. It doesn't mean we'll win, but historically "tourney vets" have fared well (even if they haven't won).

2 is a strong draft. We'll know more as rounds 2 and 3 play out. I'm sure everyone will have their opinion, but I'll withhold mine until we know more.

3 you can't really account for. Occasionally someone just comes out of nowhere. But generally you can sort of see it coming with a solid draft or a lot of tourney involvement.

P.S. Blair's assessment seems about right. But it will obviously change. thumb up

King Kandy
So are you guys betting or something?

pr1983
Originally posted by Blair Wind
The current favorites have to be the returning champions from the last few tourneys: Me and Scoobless based solely on experience (which has been shown to be important in the past) and the fact that our partners are considered "big guns" (DC and Digi respectively) as well.

But PR/Rewmac are regular forums, as are bigbran/goober. And plenty of people have made names for themselves taking down "big guns" in tourneys before (I myself, for example, was hardly a favorite going into the Ironman level tourney where I pwned Scoobs).

So...

If 8/1 is the average, we'll start Me/DC and Digi/Scoobs at about 6/1. PR/Rewmac, Goober/Bigbran and Roldz/Nino at 8/1. King Kandy/trollyl and Devil Lance/BB at 10/1. MM/Captain at 12/1 (captain hasnt been around has he?)

This could all change though, and obviously will.

So, what odds would all of you have?

i pretty much agree with you on the odds part, this tourney could go the way of the tourney vets walking it or the newcomers causing an upset... i think once the draft is finished things will start to become clearer...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by King Kandy
So are you guys betting or something?

Nah just having fun.

And people like Blair and myself actually gained a lot of noteriety in tourneys (though I didn't win mine). I probably wouldn't be a mod if I hadn't been so active and successful (yet respectful and intelligent) in the old herald amalgam tourney (which caught the attention of Tron and Paola).

King Kandy
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Nah just having fun.

And people like Blair and myself actually gained a lot of noteriety in tourneys (though I didn't win mine). I probably wouldn't be a mod if I hadn't been so active and successful (yet respectful and intelligent) in the old herald amalgam tourney (which caught the attention of Tron and Paola).
So this could be my break into the big time...

sweetness.

Smoki
how does this work can anyone join

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Smoki
how does this work can anyone join

Yeah, but we already had sign-ups a couple weeks ago. Since you're kinda new, you might be better off just watching the proceedings anyway, then if you're interested you can get involved in future tourneys.

Howard_Jones
Hmm. It depends. From what I've seen of Digi and Scoob, Scoob knows a lot about Iron Man, and I haven't seen much of you Digi, no offense. I like Scoob's style, because he gives the cold, hard facts. I respect that a lot, and I think it gives a huge advantage.

I'm assuming the DC is Darkcrawler, who is one of my favorite guys to talk comics with on SHC. He's very aggressive with his debating style, and keeps people on the ropes. As for Blair, he's also aggressive, but in my opinion annoying, which keeps people's minds off balance. Sure it's low, but it's effective. The only problem is that when debating against someone who is maticulous, you'll leave yourself open for a counterpoint that might f#@$ up your whole presentation.

The underdogs are Bran and Goober. Both these guys are good buds of mine, and know their facts more than anyone I know. They are both awesome and presenting literally everything they can find to win a debate. I kinda imagine two dudes sitting next to each other with a mountain of comics reading through each panel looking for feats. I wouldn't be suprised if they win the whole thing.

So, that's how I see it. Can't wait to see how it pans out.

Blair Wind
....I think I'll just take that as a compliment, and move on in life. Though in tournys I am also known for my creativity (as DC can tell you later evil face ) erm

Thanks HJ for the honest opinions though smile

grey fox
Got a feeling Roldz and Nino will do well....

Bald Bugger
Martian Mind and Captian FTW.

Howard_Jones
....I think I'll just take that as a compliment, and move on in life. Though in tournys I am also known for my creativity (as DC can tell you later evil face ) erm

Thanks HJ for the honest opinions though smile

Not a problem. I'm excited to see how the draft pans out.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Hmm. It depends. From what I've seen of Digi and Scoob, Scoob knows a lot about Iron Man, and I haven't seen much of you Digi, no offense. I like Scoob's style, because he gives the cold, hard facts. I respect that a lot, and I think it gives a huge advantage.

I'm assuming the DC is Darkcrawler, who is one of my favorite guys to talk comics with on SHC. He's very aggressive with his debating style, and keeps people on the ropes. As for Blair, he's also aggressive, but in my opinion annoying, which keeps people's minds off balance. Sure it's low, but it's effective. The only problem is that when debating against someone who is maticulous, you'll leave yourself open for a counterpoint that might f#@$ up your whole presentation.

The underdogs are Bran and Goober. Both these guys are good buds of mine, and know their facts more than anyone I know. They are both awesome and presenting literally everything they can find to win a debate. I kinda imagine two dudes sitting next to each other with a mountain of comics reading through each panel looking for feats. I wouldn't be suprised if they win the whole thing.

So, that's how I see it. Can't wait to see how it pans out.

Im not even mentioned?ouch

miffed

DarkCrawler
Yeah, BW is really creative. I have barely thought up any ideas myself that are as good as his.

I'm more in charge of the scan department. stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Yeah, BW is really creative. I have barely thought up any ideas myself that are as good as his.

I'm more in charge of the scan department. stick out tongue

Scoob thought up a few more characters than I did but we both contributed plenty. We had our share of weird (possibly clever) ideas, but a lot of it was just going through every possible character for each round from any company or comic and narrowing it down through a process of elimination.

It's always amusing have backup plans to the backup plan....and half the challenge is deciding which "plan" to choose, since we could have taken teh draft multiple ways (and still can, to an extent, in the next 2 rounds).

But I'm usually less about the weird plans and gimicks, so I have a lot of respect for Blair, because it takes guts to draft, say, Shaman (or Black Alice) without a proven track record for that character on the forums.

And respect threads are a life-saver. We were able to dig up a decent amount on our own, but without KMC's respect pantheon this tourney would be a lot different.

pr1983
Interesting to read what everyone thinks of each other, its not something that seriously gets talked about much on the forum, those 'who is your' threads are complete cack imo...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Im not even mentioned?ouch

miffed

Find a partner. Then we'll talk. no expression

Interesting to read what everyone thinks of each other, its not something that seriously gets talked about much on the forum, those 'who is your' threads are complete cack imo...

Tourneys are fun like that.

wink

pr1983
Find a partner. Then we'll talk. no expression

Tourneys are fun like that.

wink

lol... i wonder will peoples opinions of each other become more... whats the word... negative... once the tourney begins... one controversial decision and its world war III... stick out tongue

DigiMark007
:lol

Most are forgiven eventually. For example, I hope Blair wouldn't hold my banning the dupes in the last tourney against me.
'
But yeah, it gets messy sometimes. wink

Blair Wind

Most are forgiven eventually. For example, I hope Blair wouldn't hold my banning the dupes in the last tourney against me.
'

Nope, I'm good. Only grudge I have ever held was being called a "kryptonite dildo" no expression

sore loser disgust

But I'm usually less about the weird plans and gimicks, so I have a lot of respect for Blair, because it takes guts to draft, say, Shaman (or Black Alice) without a proven track record for that character on the forums.

You haven't seen the icing on the cake my friend evil face

Anyways, anyone have any favorites based soley on draft 1? (debating skill is what I put my odds on, but who you have as a character always helps)

Baldey / DevilLance - Quasar - 2nd
trolly / King Kandy - Fallen One - 3rd
Roldz/Nino - Superman Blue - 4th
captian / MartianMind - Captain Atom - 5th
Digi / Scoob - Adam Warlock - 6th
PR/Rewmac-Iceman - 7th
Bran / Darthgoober - ??? 8th

pr1983

'

whats with all the winking confused

stick out tongue

Nope, I'm good. Only grudge I have ever held was being called a "kryptonite dildo" no expression

sore loser disgust

You haven't seen the icing on the cake my friend evil face

Anyways, anyone have any favorites based soley on draft 1? (debating skill is what I put my odds on, but who you have as a character always helps)

Baldey / DevilLance - Quasar - 2nd
trolly / King Kandy - Fallen One - 3rd
Roldz/Nino - Superman Blue - 4th
captian / MartianMind - Captain Atom - 5th
Digi / Scoob - Adam Warlock - 6th
PR/Rewmac-Iceman - 7th
Bran / Darthgoober - ??? 8th

i think baldey and devilLance made a a very shrewd choice in quasar, their other choices are going to be of great interest to me...

DigiMark007
Besides my own team? smile

I would concur with pr actually. Quasar is as solid a choice as you'll find in round 1. Scoob and I didn't want to use the high pick we'd need to get him, so we waited, but it's obviously a solid pick.

To me, Iceman and Fallen One seem the only questionable picks, but I'll have to wait to see how you guys use them. Otherwise, I don't think anyone has seperated themselves yet.

Scoobless
I can't believe we never even considered drafting Iceman ... I mean c'mon .... he can, y'know .... make stuff cold ....... and stuff......

no expression

laughing out loud

jk

stick out tongue

Soljer
Originally posted by Scoobless
I can't believe we never even considered drafting Iceman ... I mean c'mon .... he can, y'know .... make stuff cold ....... and stuff......

no expression

laughing out loud

jk

stick out tongue

He's a powerhouse, as has been evidenced on KMC time and time again.

But honestly? Too many Green Lantern/Silver Surfer types gonna be in this tournament to make me too confident in Iceman's ability to compete.

Also, too many people that can react in nanoseconds, where as Bobby still thinks as slowly as a human.

Not to mention - where does the actual COMBAT take place? All these herald levellers would indicate some sort of space scenario, where Iceman is next to useless...

pr1983

no expression

laughing out loud

jk

stick out tongue

no expression

Scoobless
no expression

evil face

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Soljer
Not to mention - where does the actual COMBAT take place? All these herald levellers would indicate some sort of space scenario, where Iceman is next to useless...

No clue. You'd have to talk to batdude.

Blair Wind
so, we have had a few contestant changes and draft number two is up and running. Thought I'd bump this

ExodusCloak
I think this is the new list...includes two of the second round choices.

BW / DC - Black Alice
Lucid Lui / DevilLance - Quasar
trolly / King Kandy - Fallen One
Roldz/Nino - Superman Blue
Souja/ MartianMind - Dr Light
Digi / Scoob - Adam Warlock
PR/Rewmac-Vulcan(Darwin) (Superman the current/post crisis/non-energy version)
Bran / Darthgoober - Earth X Absorbing Man Despero

xmarksthespot
BW and DC, and Digi and Scoob probably have the best odds...

Scoobless
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
BW and DC, and Digi and Scoob probably have the best odds...

Don't worry ... we'll change all that with a crappy pick in round 2.

no expression

Howard_Jones
Bran and Goober are playing with a loaded deck there.

Blair Wind
I agree.....though I dont remember absorbing man ever being finally cleared erm

....or vulcan. What powers?

inamilist
PR and Rewmac have a pretty solid team thus far...

Darwin???

Howard_Jones
We haven't seen the limits of Darwin yet. Though he is awesome, we don't really know what he can do.

Scoobless

Neither of them has been fully cleared yet.

inamilist
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
We haven't seen the limits of Darwin yet. Though he is awesome, we don't really know what he can do.

I know

A good debater could probably do some ridiculous things with his feats though

its a good pick stick out tongue

Blair Wind

Good to know smile

Scoobless

BW / DC - Black Alice
Lucid Lui / DevilLance - Quasar
trolly / King Kandy - Fallen One
Roldz/Nino - Superman Blue
Souja/ MartianMind - Dr Light
Digi / Scoob - Adam Warlock & Majestic
PR/Rewmac - Vulcan(Darwin) & (Superman the current/post crisis/non-energy version)
Bran / Darthgoober - Earth X Absorbing Man & Despero

Newjak
Me I would give the biggest advantages to DC/BW Scoobs/Digi

Probably with the slight nod going to DC/BW since they recently competed in a similar tourny just recently so they know a lot more of the strategies that work and a little bit more of what to expect from certain characters.

pr1983
Originally posted by inamilist
I know

A good debater could probably do some ridiculous things with his feats though

its a good pick stick out tongue

aww... touched

i promised myself i wouldnt get all mushy,

DAMMIT!!! blowup

PR/Rewmac - Vulcan(Darwin) & Superman (the current/post crisis/non-energy version)

uugh... had a grammar nazi moment there... sick

darthgoober

Well, batdude said that AM was cool by PM, and he hasn't shown any sign of recanting it, so I think he's pretty much cleared. I'm not sure of his stance on Vulcan(or what power's he's allowed if he IS cleared) though.

Scoobless
uugh... had a grammar nazi moment there... sick

Yeah, yeah ... I didn't make the list... I just reposted it.

stick out tongue

Still don't see how you can have Superman when someone else already has him though.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
Yeah, yeah ... I didn't make the list... I just reposted it.

stick out tongue

Still don't see how you can have Superman when someone else already has him though.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing out loud

semantics, my dear scoob, semantics...

Scoobless
laughing out loud

semantics, my dear scoob, semantics...

Seriously though ... someone drafted Superman.... so you drafted the same guy from a few days later in his life.

Maybe I should have Drafted Despero from a week later than the other teams Despero.

stick out tongue

darthgoober
Seriously though ... someone drafted Superman.... so you drafted the same guy from a few days later in his life.

Maybe I should have Drafted Despero from a week later than the other teams Despero.

stick out tongue
Well, you might have gotten away with drafting the "Classic" version of Despero.

pr1983

stick out tongue

you just love stirring shit don't ya... stick out tongue

Scoobless
I'm the best there is at what I do ..... and what I do is stir shit up!

stick out tongue

Scoobless
Originally posted by darthgoober
Well, you might have gotten away with drafting the "Classic" version of Despero.

What's the difference?

darthgoober
What's the difference?
He was less buff and his fin was sideways.

pr1983
I'm the best there is at what I do ..... and what I do is stir shit up!

stick out tongue

i won't argue with that...

Scoobless
He was less buff and his fin was sideways.

Ha ... I always wondered who the fish-lookin, sideways-finned, guy was from an old JLA cover I saw a while back.

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/5506/jlofa1dl7.th.jpg

Is that him playing chess?

Devil Lance
Ha ... I always wondered who the fish-lookin, sideways-finned, guy was from an old JLA cover I saw a while back.

yes

darthgoober

Yep that's him. Quite an appearance change huh?

DigiMark007
Meh, I would have just assumed someone like EX Absorbing Man was banned, so even if we had thought of it, we would have simply dismissed it. We also thought limited-issue people were a no-no. We considered regular AM, but we also figured he's end up in the "brick" category.

Wrong on all 3 counts. Go figure. no expression

...so with the insane possibilities that that presents, I'm honestly going to say bran and goober are my favorites at the moment. We have a ton of stuff we'll be able to do with our team, but it's likely that they have more stuff planned than we have counters for....simply because that version of AM is rather godly imo (he became a math equation!). And we're ready for Despero, but he's obviously a good pick too.

So we'll see. We have a wicked good team right now, and we'll only make it better with our third pick, but I'm not ready to say my team's the favorite.

Otherwise, my opinion is still about the same. Pr and Rew improved themselves by taking Vulcan, and their chances are about the same as when this started. We'll see how the draft plays out though....still a round to go, and lots of debating to ensue.

Blair Wind
Meh, I would have just assumed someone like EX Absorbing Man was banned, so even if we had thought of it, we would have simply dismissed it. We also thought limited-issue people were a no-no. We considered regular AM, but we also figured he's end up in the "brick" category.

Wrong on all 3 counts. Go figure. no expression

......I would have agreed with you on all accounts erm

WHY is he allowed?
HOW is he catagory one material?
HOW is it that someone who had such a fast beginning and END and no true way of knowing what he can and cannot become because he has never done it before be allowed? no expression

darthgoober
WHY is he allowed?
Because even though he has the potential to exceed the cap, we're not going to do that.
Originally posted by Blair Wind HOW is he catagory one material?
Because just about all of his abilities stem from energy/matter manipulation.(Also, his abilities are magical in nature.)
Originally posted by Blair Wind HOW is it that someone who had such a fast beginning and END and no true way of knowing what he can and cannot become because he has never done it before be allowed? no expression
Because we have a reference in the standard version of Absorbing Man. It will be up to us to convince the judges that he can do what we plan on doing with him. If we fail to do that, then that just makes it easier for everyone else.

DigiMark007
I understand bran and goober's position....I might not agree with the decision on him, but I respect your right to trying to get the best team you can. So it's not an attack at any one person, just general opinion.

And it's not a totally unstoppable combo. We already have it accounted for in various ways...and it'll be up to the judges to determine who's right (if we ever face in the tourney, that is).

...and for what it's worth, you already have 2/3 of your team, and it's very solid, so kudos on a good draft. I can't say it's unexpected (probably 4-5 teams were considering Despero at some point, so it's not a shock he went early) but it's a good start.

King KAM
i bet the house on myself.

SpunkySmurph
Just out of curiosity...

Because we have a reference in the standard version of Absorbing Man. It will be up to us to convince the judges that he can do what we plan on doing with him. If we fail to do that, then that just makes it easier for everyone else.

Would that mean that Earth X AM is your and Bran's shared character to debate for?

Scoobless
E-X AM is probably over the caps on his own, giving him 616 AM feats to draw on definitely puts him over the cap.

Absorbing Man put up a good fight against Odin ffs.

MR.Grum
if he gets to use his belt(inf matter storage case)and jobber aura he might end up top no expression

Scoobless
Originally posted by MR.Grum
if he gets to use his belt(inf matter storage case)and jobber aura he might end up top no expression

What? ... you talkin' about Batman?

Blair Wind
E-X AM is probably over the caps on his own, giving him 616 AM feats to draw on definitely puts him over the cap.

no expression

Scoobless
no expression

I heard that in another thread ... haven't actually checked for myself.

embarrasment

Accel
He did stalemate Odin, but it can be argued that Odin wasn't going all out.

Blair Wind
no expression

no expression

Scoobless
Um....

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/746/1uq4.th.jpg http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/8332/journeyintomystery12305pb3.th.jpg http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/7891/journeyintomystery12306py6.th.jpg http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/6810/journeyintomystery12309cl4.th.jpg http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/1218/journeyintomystery12310na2.th.jpg

EX-AM should be banned .... regular AM looks like he should be banned as well.

no expression

DigiMark007
Question:

Will the EX AM be super-intelligent like he was in EX? Or will that be something that he'd have to absorb, and won't have at the fight's onset?

Blair Wind
no expression

darthgoober

We'll just be using the "regular" AM's transformations as examples of what he's capable of while transformed into whatever substance he is at the time.

Um....

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/746/1uq4.th.jpg http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/8332/journeyintomystery12305pb3.th.jpg http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/7891/journeyintomystery12306py6.th.jpg http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/6810/journeyintomystery12309cl4.th.jpg http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/1218/journeyintomystery12310na2.th.jpg

EX-AM should be banned .... regular AM looks like he should be banned as well.

no expression
Hey I've been saying from the start that he has the potential to exceed the cap, but we won't be using feats like that(so we won't be turning into the Odin Force, or anything like that). We plan on keeping him under Thanos level for the course of the matches, so I don't see what the problem is.

DigiMark007
Meh, we're ready for him (I think). I think Scoob just likes stirring sh*t up.

wink

Scoobless
Hey I've been saying from the start that he has the potential to exceed the cap, but we won't be using feats like that(so we won't be turning into the Odin Force, or anything like that). We plan on keeping him under Thanos level for the course of the matches, so I don't see what the problem is.

We draft Galactus ... but promise to limit him to only doing things that are 99.99999% of Thanos' power levels

no expression

I think Scoob just likes stirring sh*t up.

wink

shifty

darthgoober
We draft Galactus ... but promise to limit him to only doing things that are 99.99999% of Thanos' power levels

no expression

shifty
I actually brought up that argument, when Blair and DC said they planned on keeping Black Alice "Under Thanos". laughing

Scoobless
There are too damn many people breaking the rules but using that excuse to keep their characters in.

They should either be in or out... no limitations.

erm

Blair Wind
which is alot more plausible than AM no expression

BA depends more on who we steal. She in and of herself is not really all that powerful. It all depends on who she takes her powers from (and she has taken PLENTY that are under thanos) erm

AM, your version, can turn into whatever, AND if one your characters blasts him with a super powered shot he suddenly becomes it (or can "intercept" a shot from an opposing team and become his power). He is immune physically from everything and that I know of mentally right? no expression

DigiMark007
There are too damn many people breaking the rules but using that excuse to keep their characters in.

erm

Co-signed. This has hapened in past tourneys too where we limit the hell out of characters so that they're "acceptable" but it usually all ends up coming out in the battles anyway.

And I'd expect bran and goober to use AM to his fullest in the battles, so the fault doesn't lie there.

darthgoober

BA depends more on who we steal. She in and of herself is not really all that powerful. It all depends on who she takes her powers from (and she has taken PLENTY that are under thanos) erm

AM, your version, can turn into whatever, AND if one your characters blasts him with a super powered shot he suddenly becomes it (or can "intercept" a shot from an opposing team and become his power). He is immune physically from everything and that I know of mentally right? no expression
Not everything. I actually sent batdude a small list of ways that we could be beaten in some of the more powerful possible transformations. He won't be EASY to put down, but it IS possible. But the way I see it, at least when people go up against us they'll have a decent idea of what they're up against. Black Alice's ability to steal 2 people's powers at the same time, means that your opponents won't even really know what they're facing until the match starts. Will it be Blue Devil and Ragman, or Black Adam and the Enchantress? With AM people can at least have some kind of game plan before the match is under way.

bigbran

erm Wait, when has AM done things over Thanos's level, besides one feat, where Odin wasn't going all out?
He wrecked a weak team of Avengers, he fought Thor, he fought Hulk, tell me, where in this, has he officially put his power over Thanos?

DigiMark007
You know what guys? I think a lot might just be the inability to plan for everything you might do. I may not totally agree, but I'll content myself with the pick.

But Scoob and I have our own plans for stuff, and we're confident that we'll make it a helluva fight against anyone.

So don't take any of this the wrong way. AM was approved, and I wish you guys the best with him.

smile

bigbran

AM, your version, can turn into whatever, AND if one your characters blasts him with a super powered shot he suddenly becomes it (or can "intercept" a shot from an opposing team and become his power). He is immune physically from everything and that I know of mentally right? no expression Oh, is that why she can steal powers from anyone in this tourney?
Your limiting her, from what? Stealing Spectre power level, to stealing Thanos power level?

Also, about that Odin feat... how many feats does Superman have of him beating Skyfather level characters?
Am has one of him stalemating a holding back Odin, but that is not acceptable?
Superman has... too many!
Blue Superman has him fighting Heaven's lead bull, fighting a Mxy enhanced Doomsday, but I see no one saying a thing about that.

We have the ability to turn into various materials, with one Skyfather-esque feat, and he is not acceptable?
But in the meantime, some characters can turn intangible, use energy to grow in strength, and in size?

DarkCrawler
She can't steal powers from anyone in the tourney. It has to be magic, and stealing powers from our opponents was banned anyway.

Anyway, I have nothing against Absorbing Man really.

DigiMark007
You know what guys? I think a lot might just be the inability to plan for everything you might do. I may not totally agree, but I'll content myself with the pick.

But Scoob and I have our own plans for stuff, and we're confident that we'll make it a helluva fight against anyone.

So don't take any of this the wrong way. AM was approved, and I wish you guys the best with him.

smile

She can't steal powers from anyone in the tourney. It has to be magic, and stealing powers from our opponents was banned anyway.

Anyway, I have nothing against Absorbing Man really.

...yeah, I'm taking the high road from here on out. Vulcan? AM? Bring it. I'll just enjoy the challenge.

Scoobless
...yeah, I'm taking the high road from here on out. Vulcan? AM? Bring it. I'll just enjoy the challenge.

stfu3

no expression

DarkCrawler
I'm sensing that you two do not make decisions together. stick out tongue

DigiMark007
I'm sensing that you two do not make decisions together. stick out tongue

Huh? I have a partner?!

...well damn. He better start pulling his weight or I'll have to get a new one.

*un-bans jplatinum and PMs him*

stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
Jplatinum is banned from this tourney.

The internet could not contain the power of the Man Who Broke the Bat...blink

Newjak
Jplatinum is banned from this tourney.

The internet could not contain the power of the Man Who Broke the Bat...blink Didn't JP alreadt particpate in one of the tournies?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Newjak
Didn't JP alreadt particpate in one of the tournies?

He was in the street (Spidey) amalgam tourney .... someone pwned the crap out of him in the first round.

shifty

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=366528&highlight=jplatinum+scoobless+forumid%3A77

stick out tongue

Newjak
He was in the street (Spidey) amalgam tourney .... someone pwned the crap out of him in the first round.

laughing out loud Thats right he picked people like Rurouni Kenshin and tried to tell everyone he could run 100 mphs

Yeah I wanted him the first round

DigiMark007
*Fanfare plays. Digimark enters wearing a robe of golden vibranium silk*

Let the tourney begin!

Damn I'm a dork.

embarrasment

stick out tongue

Lucid Lui
laughing

bigbran

shifty

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=366528&highlight=jplatinum+scoobless+forumid%3A77

stick out tongue I don't know how you won...
This one should have gave him the win...
Originally posted by jplatinum
Good point, excpet you left out the part where he dies.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Colossus21
u idiot u admitted that u lost. u r done JP. done!.....* kills off a months old legend, and takes the title of JP to himself*.......i am the new JP...u r now only Jplatinum.....a stupid memeber on KMC

The death of the JP legend

stick out tongue

King KAM
I won the only tourney i entered.

King KAM
Originally posted by King KAM
I won the only tourney i entered. and took out Jinzin...which is a feat in itself...i forget who else i went through...but they were known names, i at the time wasnt

Blair Wind
dots

DigiMark007
ninja

BW / DC -
Black Alice
All-Star Superman
The Keeper??

Lucid Lui / DevilLance -
Quasar
X-Man
Mangog ??

trolly / King Kandy -
Fallen One
He-Man

Roldz/Nino -
Superman Blue
UNION

Souja/ MartianMind -
Dr Light
Juggernaut

Digi / Scoob -
Digi: Adam Warlock
Scoob: Majestic
Both: Thor

PR/Rewmac-
Vulcan(Darwin)
(Superman the current/post crisis/non-energy version)
Hal Jordan

Bran / Darthgoober -
Earth X Absorbing Man
Despero
Surfer

DigiMark007
Personally, it's hard for me to objectively analyze the combatants at this point, because of my own team. There's a few really strong teams that we have great answers for....so I'm not as worried as I might be otherwise.

So besides my own team, I'd have to give props to DL and Lucid. Not only did they come in late, but they drafted one of the better teams....though I actually thought Nate should've been a round 1 pick (not round 3). But meh.

bran/goober and DC/Blair seem to still be consensus picks of "favorites" along with me and Scoob, but there's lots of other good picks out there. I'm not counting out any teams as "dead weight" just yet.

Howard_Jones
Digi, your avatar is creepy.

DigiMark007
...that's the point.

wink

Blair Wind
scared

Howard_Jones
...that's the point.

wink

Fine then. I'll outcreep you.
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/08/31/michael_wideweb__430x392.jpg

Michael Moore's impression of Arsheim the Judge.

DigiMark007
ninja

BW / DC -
Black Alice
All-Star Superman
The Keeper??

Lucid Lui / DevilLance -
Quasar
X-Man
Mangog ??

trolly / King Kandy -
Fallen One
He-Man

Roldz/Nino -
Superman Blue
UNION

Souja/ MartianMind -
Dr Light
Juggernaut

Digi / Scoob -

PR/Rewmac-
Vulcan
(Superman the current/post crisis/non-energy version)
Hal Jordan

Bran / Darthgoober -
Earth X Absorbing Man
Despero
Surfer

...I updated as much as I could. This should be pretty much up-to-date.

Newjak
Personally, it's hard for me to objectively analyze the combatants at this point, because of my own team. There's a few really strong teams that we have great answers for....so I'm not as worried as I might be otherwise.

So besides my own team, I'd have to give props to DL and Lucid. Not only did they come in late, but they drafted one of the better teams....though I actually thought Nate should've been a round 1 pick (not round 3). But meh.

bran/goober and DC/Blair seem to still be consensus picks of "favorites" along with me and Scoob, but there's lots of other good picks out there. I'm not counting out any teams as "dead weight" just yet. I will agree this has probably been one of the better drafts I've seen. No really weak teams here and I could see alot of the newer people to tournies putting some great strategies together.

Could be a great tourny

Lucid Lui
...I updated as much as I could. This should be pretty much up-to-date. Nice work. I did not want to figure the draftings for myself. big grin

Beta Ray Howard
I'm tellin ya though. Bill is a good pick.

Someone better pick up the hint.

Martian_mind
I was gonna suggest him but it would ruin my strategy

Beta Ray Howard
I think I see where you're going, MM. I won't tell though. Anywho, anyone looking for a planet busting powerhouse, he'd fit pretty perfect.

He'd have been a better pick than Vulcan.

DarkCrawler
Some really badass and unique teams here.

leonidas
were i looking at JUST picks, LL/DL have the best on-paper team so far, imo.

Blair Wind
Really?

Besides my own team (which will kick everyone's ass)
and not looking at the contestants....I would go with Bran/Goobers team for best on paper team erm

With Scoobs/Digi and DL/LL being a baby's small step behind.

Beta Ray Howard
Considering they have QUASAR!

Yeah, LL and DL have a good team.

Question about Black Alice though. How did she fare against Spectre?

leonidas
rather well . . .

DigiMark007
Originally posted by leonidas
rather well . . .

There's limits in place though. There won't any Spectre-busting feats out of her.

DigiMark007
And I'd agree for the most part about "on paper" teams. Excluding my own team, DL/LL and bran/goober seem to be the best on paper. I really can't say about BW/DC because I have no idea what we'll see out of a couple of their picks. And obviously people like Superman Blue and a few others are really good picks, so no team is out of it....a lot will depend on the debates.

Hell, I'm half worried about fanboy-Superman pwning the sh*t out of the tourney with pr backing him.

But there's going to be a lot of surprises from plenty of teams too. I doubt we know everything about each team's overall power just yet.

Blair Wind
shifty

expect the unexpected.........

Stay Windy rock

Blair Wind
ninja

Martian_mind
chair Blairs the one on the ground shifty

Blair Wind
They are both "on the ground" no expression

Ill be the red one big grin

pr1983
Hell, I'm half worried about fanboy-Superman pwning the sh*t out of the tourney with pr backing him.

i was going to be flattered, but you used the 'f' word... so i don't know... stick out tongue

and as of a few days ago, Vulcan has no Darwin, we're still consulting with batdude as to whether Sway and Petra are allowed (and no, sway has more than just stopping/slowing time stick out tongue)

PR/Rewmac-
Vulcan (No Darwin)
Superman (the current/post crisis/non-energy version)
Hal Jordan

batdude123
I dunno.... I really like the Hal/Kal combo....

pr1983
Originally posted by batdude123
I dunno.... I really like the Hal/Kal combo....

glad someone thinks so... big grin

Blair Wind
and as of a few days ago, Vulcan has no Darwin, we're still consulting with batdude as to whether Sway and Petra are allowed (and no, sway has more than just stopping/slowing time stick out tongue)

Like?

pr1983
Like?

well if i told you that i'd be giving the game away wouldnt i? or you could just go and read the comic... stick out tongue

and batdude confirmed sway and petra, so as of now, the lineup is...

BW / DC -
Black Alice
All-Star Superman
The Keeper??

Lucid Lui / DevilLance -
Quasar
X-Man
Mangog ??

trolly / King Kandy -
Fallen One
He-Man

Roldz/Nino -
Superman Blue
UNION

Souja/ MartianMind -
Dr Light
Juggernaut

Digi / Scoob -

PR/Rewmac-
Vulcan (Sway & Petra, no Darwin)
Superman (the current/post crisis/non-energy version)
Hal Jordan

Bran / Darthgoober -
Earth X Absorbing Man
Despero
Surfer

at least i think thats it... messed

DigiMark007
...not quite. You're missing BRB and Graviton. And Roldz/Nino still have to make a pick (I can think of at least a few good ones left).

But close.

Blair Wind
They picked Void.....not sure which one though

pr1983
...not quite. You're missing BRB and Graviton. And Roldz/Nino still have to make a pick (I can think of at least a few good ones left).

But close.

aww hell... i dun even know who picked em... i'll go check...

DigiMark007
...better update. And I forget a few of the character assignments (for each partner, and the "both" character).

BW / DC -
Black Alice
All-Star Superman
The Keeper??

Lucid Lui / DevilLance -
DL - Quasar
LL - X-Man
Both - Mangog

trolly / King Kandy -
Fallen One
He-Man
Graviton

Roldz/Nino -
Superman Blue
UNION
Void?

Souja/ MartianMind -
Dr Light
Juggernaut
Beta Ray Bill

Digi / Scoob -

PR/Rewmac-
Superman
Hal Jordan

Bran / Darthgoober -
Earth X Absorbing Man
Despero
Surfer

...and I'm honestly surprised by some of the picks. I can think of a few in round 3 that would be just as good (or better) than a few of the picks...but I guess that's true of all rounds to an extent (though I was impressed with Round 2 for the most part).

pr1983
...better update. And I forget a few of the character assignments (for each partner, and the "both" character).

BW / DC -
Black Alice
All-Star Superman
The Keeper??

Lucid Lui / DevilLance -
DL - Quasar
LL - X-Man
Both - Mangog

trolly / King Kandy -
Fallen One
He-Man
Graviton

Roldz/Nino -
Superman Blue
UNION
Void?

Souja/ MartianMind -
Dr Light
Juggernaut
Beta Ray Bill

Digi / Scoob -

PR/Rewmac-
Superman
Hal Jordan

Bran / Darthgoober -
Earth X Absorbing Man
Despero
Surfer

...and I'm honestly surprised by some of the picks. I can think of a few in round 3 that would be just as good (or better) than a few of the picks...but I guess that's true of all rounds to an extent (though I was impressed with Round 2 for the most part).

ah, sweet dude, thx...

Blair Wind
so now that mostly everyone has their team (confirmation thread excluded for the moment)

what do you guys think of teams?

Beta Ray Howard
I hope Souja and Martianmind go up against Digi and Scoob. Should be a good one.

Blair Wind
I think DL/LL vs Bran/Goober would be a good match yes

Beta Ray Howard
That it would. Or your team, Blair, and King Kandy/Trolly's team.

Blair Wind
Bring them on evil face

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
I hope Souja and Martianmind go up against Digi and Scoob. Should be a good one.

Meh, we'll see. After talking with BD, I kinda have an idea of some possible macthups (or at least who we won't be fighting in round 1).

But I haven't really given much thought to who I'd like to see face each other....though I'm partial to beating up He-Man ( wink ).

Blair Wind
dammit. I wish I had an idea of who I wasnt facing sad

DigiMark007
dammit. I wish I had an idea of who I wasnt facing sad

*avoids the question*

...come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing Roldz/Nino fight once before possibly facing them. I'm confident we can beat anyone, but I don't know anything about 2/3 of their team. Knowing what you're facing is always a bonus.

Blair Wind
I'm confident we can beat anyone

pride comes before a fall shifty evil face

is anyone planning a writeup of what they think of all the characters and debators akin to what DC did last tourny? I thought that was pretty cool, with team ratings, unique names, and power factors.

pr1983
just thought i'd bump this...

pride comes before a fall shifty evil face

is anyone planning a writeup of what they think of all the characters and debators akin to what DC did last tourny? I thought that was pretty cool, with team ratings, unique names, and power factors.

what does that involve? sounds interesting...

Blair Wind
Well basically DC wrote up the names of the characters on the team and the debators. Then he gave his opinion on the characters (I think all were positive in some way or another) while giving slight factors of negative sides (ie: Juggernauts lack of mobility). He also gave them a uniqueness rating on how unique the team was, and I THINK he gave them all a power rating on how powerful they were as a team. He then proceeded to give all the teams nicknames or if they already have team names, just added the team names....hmmm....lemme see if I can find it.

Found it finally

From Darkcrawler:

So, now that teams are complete, I did a little writeup what I think of them. big grin

The Uniqueness Rating tells how interesting the teams are to me. It doesn't tell anything about overall formitability.

1. Newjak/Blair Wind
G.L. Kyle Rayner (BW)
Shaman (Team)
Juggernaut (Newjak)

I'm liking the Lords of Chaos team. They sure have a nice stability with an powerful cosmic force, powerful magic, and sheer brute force and durability. Only thing that might be concerning is the Juggernaut's lacking ability to fly...when most teams have all their members in the air.

Team Uniqueness rating: 7.5/10

2. Leo/Kahn
Silver Surfer (Team)
G.L. Hal Jordan (Kahn)
Loki, dammit! (Leo)

The Plot Devicestick out tongue team is strong as ever, and they have even more plotdeviceness with the addition of plot device magic from Loki. All are powerful characters.

Team Uniqueness rating: 6.7/10

3. Batdude/DC
Magneto (Team)
Captain Atom (Batdude)
Morg (DC)

evil face

Physics R You

Team Uniqueness rating: 9/10

4. AW/Accel
Quasar (AW)
Ronan the Accuser (Accel)
Hyperion (Supreme Power) (Team)

Cosmic Guy team is cool. Both Quasar and Ronan are very unique choices. Only time will tell how the relatively unexperienced Supreme Power Hyperion will do here against some more established characters.

Team Uniqueness rating: 9/10

5. GF/Psyquis
Cyborg Superman (GF)
Thor (Team)
Ray II (Psyquis)

Cyborg Superman was certainly someone I couldn't except, unlike Thor. Ray II seems interesting, it will be fun to watch how he is handled in Brute and the Beast team.

Team Uniqueness rating: 7.9/10

6. DL/Superherovandal
Gladiator (Team)
Martian Manhunter (SHV)
Orion (DL)

Martian Manhunter is a character I didn't think to be in tourney like this. But him combined with Orion and Gladiator is interesting, and this team clearly has lot of raw power, so maybe Martian Manhunter will compensate to that with his more exotic powers. Last of the Mohicans team will be followed by me.

Team Uniqueness rating: 6.9/10

7. Khell/KVD
Black Bolt (Team)
Beta Ray Bill (Khell)
Witchfire (KVD)

Silent Thunder is a solid, powerful team. Witchfire is character who I don't know nothing about, so it will be fun to see how he works with Beta Ray Bill and Black Bolt. And Black Bolt and BRB are also very nice characters.

Team Uniqueness rating: 8.2/10

8. AJ/Sam Z
Majestic (??)
Black Adam (??)
Supreme (??)

What Royal Rumblers lacks in something, it makes up with Superman type characters. Certainly an interesting choice to not have any cosmic characters, or magic besides of course Black Adam. Will be nice to watch. Haven't also seen a lot from Supreme.

Team Uniqueness rating: 7/10

pr1983
whoa... impressive...

Blair Wind
yep...someone should try it whenever Darth/Goober make a pick! smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>