music and me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whirlwind_lies
does anybody know any new song artists for rap or rock? i have all the known artists such as snoop dogg and jay z. but there are some artists i haven't heard about and there famous. someone reply please. okay thanks.

lorddreamer
I know that if you enjoy the old Jay-z stuff, you'd probly enjoy the wordplay in Lupe Fiasco.
You may want to specify what you are lookng for... Asking which artists that are famous but notSnoop and Jay-z is not very much...

-hh-
rap? what's rap? you mean hip hop?

anyway, as lorddreamer said, if you enjoy old school Jay-z material, then you would enjoy the wordplay in Lupe Fiasco (Food & Liquor). Jay's new album is pretty good too (Kingdom Come). Not as good as Reasonable Doubt but it's still listenable. The new Nas album is pretty good as well (Hip Hop is Dead). Check that out.

as for Snoop, if you like his old school material (DoggyStyle), then don't expect much from him. Snoop is one of the worst mc's out right now in my opinion. His flow still sounds the same (which isn't actually a bad thing, he knows how to ride the beat) but the lyrics are boring and unoriginal.

if you want some interesting hip hop music, check out

Cannibal Ox- Cold Vein
Gza- Liquid Swords
Nas- Illmatic
Organized Konfusion- Stress: The Extinction Agenda

if you want new stuff, go with these:

Lupe Fiasco- Food & Liquor
The Roots- Game Theory
Self Scientific- Change (DJ Khalil has incredible beats)
Jedi Mind Tricks- Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell
Jay-z- Kingdom Come
Nas- Hip Hop is Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.