Review : Lock, Stock and Two smoking Barrels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Corran
This was very good and quite clever and witty. I liked the way it was cleverly put together to come to the ending the way it did. The comic value of the imcompetance and obvious lack of criminality of the Marijuana growers, the two idiot scouse robbers with the 2 different gangs eventually annihalating each other was worth paying for in itself.
Vinnie Jones as Big Chris was fantastic and the character was written very well too, Mr Breaker was excellent too, the seemingly harmless looking lunatic with the afro.
The cinemtography was very well done in a seemingly new or different style to anything else I can think of.

I've heard people suggest it is just like Reservoir Dogs but set in London, although there are obvious similarities with all the shooting and gansters this movie has a greater element of wit and more of a rugged feel, it also flows in the correct sequence with all the pieces seemingly separate until near end where they are cleverly put together.

A blast(excuse the pun).

Watch this movie **** out of 5.

Thomas H
a masterpice!

mah
twas funny

Billy The Kid
magical

Ushgarak
Reservoir Dogs in London? Who on Earth ever thought that? The two are entirely different in style. You may as well call it The Godfather in London, for all the sense that makes.

Good film.

Tex
They movie makes London look really ugly.
and what the hell is a traffic warden?

mechmoggy
A traffic warden is the evil spawn of satan himself, sent to earth to hand out vile parking tickets to innocent drivers who park in restricted areas. Bastards. mad

I thought the film was good but I prefered "Snatch" myself.

Ushgarak
ALternatively, traffic wardens are the very hard put-upon people who actually make some effort to enforce the parking laws that so many thoughtless drivers ignore. More power to them, I say.

BTW, London IS ugly!

mechmoggy
You've never gotten a parking ticket have you Ush. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Corran
Ush, having read my post it is not clear in there that I do not agree with the Resevoir Dogs in London statement, hence me describing the differences, this was merely how someone described it too me, hence me not watching it until recently as I did not wish to watch a copy movie, but it was as Thomas H put it, a masterpiece. And now for Snatch.

Ushgarak
Corran, I wasn't saying you DID agree with that statement! I was just saying that it was a silly thing for whoever said it to say.

No Mech I have never got a parking ticket, and if you have, tough, you should have stayed within the law.

mechmoggy
Bloody traffic wardens, give em' a uniform and they think they're Hitler. mad

J-ROC
I liked Lock, Stock, but Snatch was so much better in so many ways. Snatch is one of my fav movies... cool

Ushgarak
I say give Traffic Warden powers to string up offenders and hang signs saying "Worse than Hitler" around their necks...

mechmoggy
Are you related to a traffic warden Ush? I see no other reason why someone of sound mind would support these devils. confused

Thomas H
hehe

Ushgarak
Possibly you didn't detect the hint of irony in that last one...

But in any case they are hard working people who get a bad press for simply enforcing the law. If you park in a place where you might get a ticket you know the risk you take, no point blaming the Wardens for it!

BackFire349
this has to be the worst a topic has ever gotten off topic. you're talking about traffic wardens roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
I thought it was a very good movie, Vinnie Jones is such a bad ass cool

Thomas H
he sure is, he is Great!!!

Billy The Kid
yes,,he is great.

Lock stock and Snatch. Two fantastic movies!

mechmoggy
I have a friend who makes false teeth for a living and he did some work for and hence knows the chap who played George (the boxer) in Snatch. According to him Vinnie Jones is a complete t**t but Brad Pitt is one hell of a nice chap. I can believe that too.

mah
Vinnie Jones has never had a nice-guy image, no...

chico23
Lock, Stock was awesome. Snatch was better.

Kinda on a related subject that movie transporter looks like it will kick ass.

Befor anyone says anything i know it doesn't remotely follow the lines of either movie. Just a related actor.

Wow I'm being defensive today!

J-ROC
I agree The Transporter looks ****n sweet! cool

TheDogMuppet
if you like snatch and lock stock, come and talk about it here:

SPAMING IS NOT ACCEPTED

its a growing site, but it is probably the best on the web already, and the forums are great!

I'd apprechiate it if you came and said hi! smile

LanceWindu
SPAM ALERT!

TheDogMuppet
shuddup!

it really is a good site..... smile

Thomas H

LanceWindu
OK where do you get telling a senior member to shut up? wink

And that's still SPAM and we don't tolerate it here.

TheDogMuppet
ok. i am sorry.

how then, to you suggest i get up some members for the forum?

any help here would be hot...

LanceWindu
Join a message board that has a Promote board and put a link there.

Join some banner exchanges.

Also join a web-ring or two.

TheDogMuppet
thanks!

do you know of any such message boards?

finti
You can also go to your profile and put that link in your signature, more like Lances

TheDogMuppet
ok. thanks for helping a insulting spammer! by the way, i've been to stavanger, finti. its a very nice place!

finti
and you are from?

BackFire349
or you can do it more discretely. by putting it into a existing thread and intigrating it into a topic.

finti
nah, the mods will react to that

TheDogMuppet
Australia.

oh, Back fire you mean like:

g'day. my name is TheDogMuppet. i come from australia. i am really interested with lock stock as a matter of fact, i go to a website on it! Isn't that a co-incidence? Why, its URL is:
(removed)
If you just go there and say hi, i'm sure they'll be appreciative of you. just say you know dog.

lol

BackFire349
nah, ive done it a few times. watch.

www.ebgames.com for all your gaming needs.

TheDogMuppet
i think he got away with it....

Ushgarak
If the link is designed to increase someone's hits we remove it regardless; somehow I doubt Backfire is an EB rep.

Please keep this on topic.

finti
vinnie jones

Thomas H
what about him?

finti
we should keep it om topic

Corran
Vinnie Jones is cool, he was also cool in Gone in 60 seconds.

Thomas H
he rocked!

finti
He was cool when he played for Leeds United too

TheDogMuppet
never give in to the power of staying on topic!

It is a purely evil force only associated with things like this

http://www.fineart-gallery.com/tiki-god21.jpg

Thomas H
we got to get something medical shit so we can learn to stay on topic!

finti
would tree oil be ok by you wood boy?

Thomas H
dont know...go drink some Tran, fish oil grandpa!!

Mujaffa
you checky bastard!

mah
cheeky bastard?

Mujaffa
no chekkybig grin

steve-o
Snatch WAS WAAAAAY BETTER!!!! I respect Lock, Stock, but MOVIE WISE- Snatch was the better film in so many ways. Snatch is one of my fav movies.

finti
movie wise? oh please dont tell me you analyzed them both

steve-o
Say what? Movie wise! Snatch is a better movie! It's got better acting, action, pacing, music, style etc. As a movie it is better.

finti
opinions

steve-o
Obviously they are just opinions.

Corran
Vinnie Jones in swordfish was good again. I never thought he would make it as an actor but he's good at what he has done so far.

Thomas H
Vinni Rock, cant wait to see the Mean Machine, I will buy it but right now I cant afford it!"

Corran
mean machine
mean machine
mean machine
mean machine
mean machine
mean machine
mean machine
mean machine
mean machine
mean machine
mean machine
mean machine

mah
mean machine was indeed very bad

Thomas H
ok..dont care about your opinion!

finti
and we dont care about yours

Thomas H
ok...then I will quit the forum, because I am the most important man in the world!

Fire
saw this movie for the first time, on TV a few days back, great flick I recorded it on DVD, I remembered hearing it was good from this thread

it's my first TV flick on DVD

Vampiree
eek! MY FAVORITE MOVIE EVER!!!! gooooo Soap!!!

mook
Lock Stock and Snatch are very similar and both great films.

its gonna be interesting to see if Guy Ritchie can do any other type of film (especially after 'swept away').

i expect he will do one more film in this style, to make a loose trilogy.

botankus
I turned it off after 5 minutes a few years back. All I remember from the movie was that the accents were atrocious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.