I killed Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moopoo
I hear everyday "Oh superman cannot be killed again. Doomsday is the only one who could." Bah I know there are other ways to kill him and i want to hear you guy's opinion about it and your diferent ideas of hot to well... kill superman I truthfully think hes just to powerfull. (No offence you superman fans out there im just being truthfull.)

Kraken
well of course he could be killed hes not immortal. on smallville he got shot by a kryptonite bullet and almost died if it wasn't for his parents. on superman returns he almost died by being stabbed by a kryptonite knife. theres more but others could say.

Gregory
1) Brute force. I know that Superman is supposed to be invulnerable, but Doomsday didn't have kriptonite; he just hit Superman over and over again, very hard.

2) Kriptonite. Everybody knows about Kriptonite.

3) Put him under a red sun, wait for his power reserves to run dry, and kill him the same way you'd kill anybody else.

4) Magic. I've never been sure why, but pit him against enough powerful magic-users--the Spectre could probably do it by himself--and it's buy-buy Superman.

pr1983
Originally posted by moopoo
I hear everyday "Oh superman cannot be killed again. Doomsday is the only one who could." Bah I know there are other ways to kill him and i want to hear you guy's opinion about it and your diferent ideas of hot to well... kill superman I truthfully think hes just to powerfull. (No offence you superman fans out there im just being truthfull.)

truthfull in your opinion... erm

as gregory said, 4 ways to kill him that are obvious enough...

information
Superman must be killed in a 6th movie (not actor of course) and then revived by Jason (son) who seems to be that special.

I watch Pokemon
Originally posted by Gregory

4) Magic. I've never been sure why, but pit him against enough powerful magic-users--the Spectre could probably do it by himself--and it's buy-buy Superman.

The Spectre would murder Supes.

King Kandy
Spectre is so much overkill on Supes it's not funny.

Dr.Fate would be better.

moopoo
Originally posted by pr1983
truthfull in your opinion... erm

as gregory said, 4 ways to kill him that are obvious enough...

look at everyone of his fights he gets his ass kicked for the whole begining of the fight. then out of the blue he musters up his "God" like strength and beats the hell out of his opponent. A freind told me about a fight hes had with the hulk and superman won after hulk came out of nowhere and nocked him through a ton of buildings and was pummled into the ground taking punch after punch from hulk. then out of nowhere he whops up on the hulk. How can he do that sure he gets strength from the sun i understand that. But after all that he still beats the hulk.

(sorry for the novel reply)

Gregory
Originally posted by King Kandy
Spectre is so much overkill on Supes it's not funny.

Dr.Fate would be better.

Well, he wanted to know how Superman could be killed. I wasn't trying for a fair fight, I was trying for a fight Superman would lose.

pr1983
look at everyone of his fights he gets his ass kicked for the whole begining of the fight. then out of the blue he musters up his "God" like strength and beats the hell out of his opponent. A freind told me about a fight hes had with the hulk and superman won after hulk came out of nowhere and nocked him through a ton of buildings and was pummled into the ground taking punch after punch from hulk. then out of nowhere he whops up on the hulk. How can he do that sure he gets strength from the sun i understand that. But after all that he still beats the hulk.

(sorry for the novel reply)

there are plenty of people with more ridiculous comebacks, and just as many that are more powerful, singling supes out isnt right...

and being beat on by hulk doesnt make him any less strong, supes has plenty of durability, hulk caught him out, big deal, once supes got back in the fight he was able to actually give as good as he got, i dont see whats so wrong about this...

and what superman/hulk fight is this?

and theres a reason he starts off losing... he holds back constantly, it takes time to judge how much damage someone can take... superman doesnt want to go overboard and kill them...

MattDay
Originally posted by Gregory
1) Brute force. I know that Superman is supposed to be invulnerable, but Doomsday didn't have kriptonite; he just hit Superman over and over again, very hard.

2) Kriptonite. Everybody knows about Kriptonite.

3) Put him under a red sun, wait for his power reserves to run dry, and kill him the same way you'd kill anybody else.

doomsday's kryptonian dna allows him to damage superman, kinda like a natural kryptonite if you will, they bypass eachothers invulnerability, like the fight with zod, the rest is correct

MattDay
superman's explanation of his powers is pretty good, obviously when he first came out they never really explained past he's an alien, but the sun thing works for me, and it gives him a limited ability in our solar system he is superman, more to him than people think, more than characters like logan and so on, they pretty much lend parts of the man of steels story, being he was the solid first "super" hero.

MR.Grum
I hear everyday "Oh superman cannot be killed again. Doomsday is the only one who could." Bah I know there are other ways to kill him and i want to hear you guy's opinion about it and your diferent ideas of hot to well... kill superman I truthfully think hes just to powerfull. (No offence you superman fans out there im just being truthfull.) it wont realy matter if no ones watching the gates of hell superman will just rip threw it anyway and come back and pwn and died then come back and pwn then die and come back>>>>.

K3VIL
Originally posted by MattDay
doomsday's kryptonian dna allows him to damage superman, kinda like a natural kryptonite if you will, they bypass eachothers invulnerability, like the fight with zod, the rest is correct
Wrong.
Superman has an invulnerability composed of two elements:
-His denser than human physical structure.
-His skin-like bio aura.
Like Thor he has a body which is denser than that of a common human so he has resistance both physical and energy attacks to an extraordinary extent.
His bio aura grants him addictional protection but this doesn't mean he cannot be hurted.Beings with sufficient strength to bypass his defenses, which have a limit, high but still existent, or energy attacks of sufficient power can cause him pain, injuries, blood losing and death.
Magic seems to pass through Supes bio-aura and damage him, if his body wasn't denser than human, he would have been murderer from a long time.It's his denser structure which saves him when he gets hit from the likes of Shazam lightning or something like that, but anyway a sufficiently powerful magical assault will slay him down, quicker than physical force or other energy attacks, unless the energy attacks are of really high magnitude.

Ultraman Baltan
I release the following characters on Superman all at once: Darkseid, Thanos, Doomsday, Judas, Zetton, Grand King, Unicron, Eclipso, Evil Black Adam, Lex Luther with Supersuit, Zod, Dark Baltan Seijin, Magma Seijin, Galvatron Supreme, Zoom, and Antimoniter. I don't want him to lose. I want him to suffer!

Ize19
Originally posted by K3VIL
Wrong.
Superman has an invulnerability composed of two elements:
-His denser than human physical structure.
-His skin-like bio aura.
Like Thor he has a body which is denser than that of a common human so he has resistance both physical and energy attacks to an extraordinary extent.
His bio aura grants him addictional protection but this doesn't mean he cannot be hurted.Beings with sufficient strength to bypass his defenses, which have a limit, high but still existent, or energy attacks of sufficient power can cause him pain, injuries, blood losing and death.
Magic seems to pass through Supes bio-aura and damage him, if his body wasn't denser than human, he would have been murderer from a long time.It's his denser structure which saves him when he gets hit from the likes of Shazam lightning or something like that, but anyway a sufficiently powerful magical assault will slay him down, quicker than physical force or other energy attacks, unless the energy attacks are of really high magnitude.

Actually, you're both right. You are absolutely correct on all but one account, which is that his explanation is wrong. You see, Kryptonians are, somehow, able to bypass each other's bio-auras. So no, he's not wrong, though your explanation, though slightly incomplete, is also correct.

Entity
There is only one way to truly defeat Superman.

Go back in time and kill Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster before they were ever born!!!

Symmetric Chaos
Basic just pit him against the protaganist from any good anime (not DBZ)

2-D

U bastard!!! mad WHY?!!!!!!!!!! :'( laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
because he hates america and everything that superman stands for laughing

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
I release the following characters on Superman all at once: Darkseid, Thanos, Doomsday, Judas, Zetton, Grand King, Unicron, Eclipso, Evil Black Adam, Lex Luther with Supersuit, Zod, Dark Baltan Seijin, Magma Seijin, Galvatron Supreme, Zoom, and Antimoniter. I don't want him to lose. I want him to suffer!

or you could have Yuki Nagato attack him

she's three years old and stronger, faster, smarter and more versetile than even Pre-Crisis supes

yay Anime beats Comic Books

MattDay
anime is wack

Symmetric Chaos
How so?

MattDay
my imagination doesn't go into madness

Symmetric Chaos
I don't follow

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
or you could have Yuki Nagato attack him

she's three years old and stronger, faster, smarter and more versetile than even Pre-Crisis supes

yay Anime beats Comic Books

Nah, he'd just use T-Vo and beat her at her own game. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Nah, he'd just use T-Vo and beat her at her own game. roll eyes (sarcastic)

whats T-Vo?

Endless Mike
Some plot - device superpower he used to beat a cosmic being once but was never seen again.

Symmetric Chaos
Kind of like Yuki's power in the novels

At one point she somehow disables another IDE while her access to the IDE is cut off but its never explained how

Galvaclaw
After looking up Yuki Nagato, I agree she would win. she appears to be omnipotent. But it's idoicy to say the protagonist from any good Anime could beat Superman. I'd be suprised if Spike Speigel or Akito Tenkawa had what it takes to beat Supes. Those being the protagonists of two excellant anime's.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
After looking up Yuki Nagato, I agree she would win. she appears to be omnipotent. But it's idoicy to say the protagonist from any good Anime could beat Superman. I'd be suprised if Spike Speigel or Akito Tenkawa had what it takes to beat Supes. Those being the protagonists of two excellant anime's.

Techinaclly Yuki is not omnipotent because her power is a facet of another being (the integrated data entity is omnipotent not Yuki) but thats just semantics

OK OK I was exagerating

but really many superpowered characters in anime possess abilities far beyond that of superman

MattDay
none can beat him though, there's a difference

Galvaclaw
A full powered Tenchi would own Superman. There are Anime characters that would dominate Superman. But they're at the unversal threat level of power.

Symmetric Chaos
Ichigo could probably take him

Symmetric Chaos
none can beat him though, there's a difference

I just saw this and all I can say is

what are you talking about?

Endless Mike
How the hell would Ichigo beat him?

Assuming you're talking about Ichigo Kurosaki.

Symmetric Chaos
How the hell would Ichigo beat him?

Assuming you're talking about Ichigo Kurosaki.

well supes can't see, hear or smell Ichigo

plus his attacks are magical so they bypass the supes's defenses

Endless Mike
In a vs. match involving Bleach it's usually assumed that Shinigamis can be seen and interact with their environment normally.

Besides, even if we don't say that, Superman does have "Soul Vision".

Symmetric Chaos
In a vs. match involving Bleach it's usually assumed that Shinigamis can be seen and interact with their environment normally.

Besides, even if we don't say that, Superman does have "Soul Vision".

aww nuts

MattDay
lol well what do u expect, superman was known for doing pretty much anything he wanted

Symmetric Chaos
lol well what do u expect, superman was known for doing pretty much anything he wanted

so does Yuki (a personal favorite character of mine)

she has succeded in defeating God and stealing its powers (I think supes was stopped by spectre or something)

managed to out think and apparently overpower an near omnipotent and totally omnicient entity while on her death bed with no powers

every form of entertainment has characters with obscene levels of power

MattDay
yea, like comedy has jim carrey

Symmetric Chaos
big grin

raguah
lol stick out tongue
who is better superman or spiderman?

guy222

I killed Supes smile

Entity
Originally posted by Entity
There is only one way to truly defeat Superman.

Go back in time and kill Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster before they were ever born!!!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by guy222
I killed Supes smile

So did I

MattDay
Originally posted by Entity

That wuld be a good way but then alot of influenced heroes that came after him would be completely different to the way they are now, spiderman is one example, stan lee loves superman and used his job, and similar backgroundish ideals, i.e. parker lost his parents, so did clark, lived under with family or in clarks case, adopted family.

As much as u can hate a fictional character (weirdos) he has influenced so much in the comics since him i dont understand the hate of it all???? must be all the world knows now

Symmetric Chaos
That wuld be a good way but then alot of influenced heroes that came after him would be completely different to the way they are now, spiderman is one example, stan lee loves superman and used his job, and similar backgroundish ideals, i.e. parker lost his parents, so did clark, lived under with family or in clarks case, adopted family.

As much as u can hate a fictional character (weirdos) he has influenced so much in the comics since him i dont understand the hate of it all???? must be all the world knows now

If you're not going to say anything mean, don't say anything at all.

moopoo
Ha in the new series 52 sups is finaly out matched by super boy of earth something or other otherwise known as Dark Superboy he kills superman of Earth 2 he kills our superboy he kills a ton of greenlanterns and TeenTitans Nocks off Panthas head and punches a whole through someone (not a really important character) but yeah just finaly proved HE CAN DIE BY NORMAL STANDARDS......now how to kill Dark Superboy jk

ragesRemorse
wait for a solar eclipse and then spray some nerve gas in his face.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.