EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Typhus vs Stormfront13 (Vote Now!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
Here's a link to the rules:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=431566

All tournament participants must vote.

Typhus

-Morg
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/morg.htm

-War Machine (Parnell Jacobs)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/war_machine3.htm
-Emma Frost (White Queen)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/emma_frost.htm

-Carnage
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Carn...letus_Kasady%29
-Deadpool (earth 1036)
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/deadpoolvisions.htm

-Classic Deathstroke the Terminator (before becoming immortal)
http://www.titanstower.com/source/w...eathstroke.html
-Boba Fett
http://members.shaw.ca/david.p.z.88.../boba_fett.html

vs

Stormfront13

Herald: Pulsar
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Rambeau,_Monica

E.Meta: Mimic, and Prysm
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/chara...asp?fldAuto=712
http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/prysm.html

Meta:Vixen, Meltdown
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/chara...asp?fldAuto=698
http://www.answers.com/topic/vixen-comics

Street:Echo, Ravenger
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Echo_(Maya_Lopez) (no precog)
http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/rose.html

Typhus's Write-Up

Stormfront13's Write Up

Vote now!

Evangel94
Also, I apologize for starting it 10 minutes late. I discovered the character limit while making the post. I had to lower the character count in my post so it delayed me a bit.

Typhus
I just want to point out a few things.

1) Mimic is not a 'good guy' and in fact hates the x-men. He worked with them for a while, but was kicked off the team cause he's selfish and NOT A TEAM PLAYER. Hm, that might pertain to the current situation...

2) Second of all, although he retains the powers of the original 5 x-men, his telekinesis is not powerful enough to "make force fields around your entire team". Shield them from SOME damage while he's in the area perhaps, but not create force fields.

3) Also, I want to point out that my team is so much more experienced and intelligent it's not even funny. Deathstroke alone can use 90% of his brain, and Fett has outsmarted some of the most cunning creatures in his galaxy

4) Finally, based on stormfront13's strategy, using pulsar like that would be incredibly taxing. Also she's at best equal to or less than Green Lantern in energy power and projection. She IS NOT in Morg's league.

B dot Rob
You're going to get ripped apart for that one :P

stormfront13
1)Typhus... you haven't cuntered my stragety yet.

2)my above stragety didn't even include vixen, who will have Grodd level Tk, and TP.

3) Carnage isn't working with people that he just met, he'd try to sabotage your team in hopes of everyone going down

4) Morg knew he needed help to defeat tyrant, he will want to solo this and likely attack his own team

5) Deadpool will try to kill frost because on his homeworld, that's what he does

6) Emma isn't working with someone who has killed cyclops, and wears his visor. she'll try to mindrape him

7) mimic was once a good guy, and would have no problem fighting alongside my team

8)his TK is on the levels on regular jean grey, and i have the issue to prove it

9)your team is full of insane killers, and all work alone more often than not, they have less expierence working on teams, and are less intelligent. hell...half your team is insane

10) pulsar does things like that normally now, and has help from Prysm

11) your team is full is disfunctional people who prefer to work alone

12) all of my team has enhanced/superhuman reflexes, and prysm and Pulsar in her power cosmic form speedblits your team. no one except morg can stand up to having a person made of cosmic enbergy pass through them except morg, and even he is weakened by it. now it's just morg VS my team.

ExtraMision5555
to set the record straight, If Deathstroke is only useing 90% of his brain, in reality he should be somewhat retarded (humans use 100% of thier brain)

but im fimiliar with that comment and i understand it was said to emphasize that he is very intelligent/multitaskual (multitaskual?)

DigiMark007
ker-pinned. Good luck.

hulk10
I think Typhus will win.

stormfront13
Also Typhus, mimic has an unlimited supply of energy with icemans powers, so any avalanches and such will be useless because he can control it. ALso Vixen has powerful force-fields that she can use to protect the team, and considering that Pulsar has easily flown straight through Fin Fan Foom, and Boomer has Blown up his insides, morg will be easily distracted and taken out after a while. now while i realize that Echo and Ravanger will be taken out, with vixen and boomer in a force-field, with mimic, prysm, and pulsar creating illusions and holograms, morg is goin down. Also, there's nothing he can do to my teams most powerful members because they are naturally intangible

Typhus

grey fox
How does this work then ? Judges or People votes ?

Typhus
Originally posted by stormfront13
Also Typhus, mimic has an unlimited supply of energy with icemans powers, so any avalanches and such will be useless because he can control it. ALso Vixen has powerful force-fields that she can use to protect the team, and considering that Pulsar has easily flown straight through Fin Fan Foom, and Boomer has Blown up his insides, morg will be easily distracted and taken out after a while. now while i realize that Echo and Ravanger will be taken out, with vixen and boomer in a force-field, with mimic, prysm, and pulsar creating illusions and holograms, morg is goin down. Also, there's nothing he can do to my teams most powerful members because they are naturally intangible

How can he control a rock/ice slide? That's not one of his powers first of all, and second, I told you he's be tied up with War Machine and Emma Frost. And the most powerful members of your team are not 'naturally intangible'. Pulsar has to shift into energy form and that is incredibly taxing on her. She can't stay in it indefinitely.

Loot

Typhus
It'll be closed around the same time tomarrow I imagine. (1 pm central)

Loot

Typhus
Originally posted by Loot
how does vixen have force fields? is vixen allowed to use gorilla grodd telepathy in telekinesis in this tournament? i remember there was some rules about this character so you could have her in meta level, can someone remind me of that?

Yeah, I want a ruling on this by Evangel.

Evangel94
Originally posted by grey fox
How does this work then ? Judges or People votes ?

Vote by saying who you would think would win and why.

All tournament participants must vote. Anyone who has at least 800 posts on kmc forums can vote in the tournament as well.

Soljer
I realize that the debate is no where near over yet, but I'm going to put in an early vote for Typhus. His pre-battle strategy was beautifully planned, and it would seem that he picked far more efficient characters than Stormfront. He also did a very good job of explaining away team friction.

Assuming stormfront can save herself, I'll reserve the right to switch my vote, but for now? Typhus is certainly in the lead.

B dot Rob
Cosign on Soljer

Scoobless
At the moment I'm torn:

I'm completely unconvinced that Carnage and Co will be able to work together.

I'm also unconvinced that Stormfront's team can take out Morg the way she claims they can ... when Has Pulsar ever turned anything else intangible?

Can't vote until this is cleared up.

stormfront13
Typhus, do you know what Pulsar is capable of? she can switch in and out of forms in a nanosecond. she is already going into this battle in her power cosmic form, and none of your characters can stand up to the power cosmic unless they are herald. so, while my team is in a double force-field by mimic and vixen, prysm and Pulsar take out everyone under herald. how will your under herald team stay consious when they are hit by a full force of cosmic energy?

Also, X-force 52 vonfirms that mimics powers have grown just like thr original x-mens have, his power levels all have grown.

Your Rockslides won't do much anyway, because meltdown will be able to protect her team from that anyway. ALso, how will you avoid my rockslides. as i said in my prep time meltdown puts her time bombs all over the place, and at the beginning of the match she ignites tem all. are you aware than boomera time bombs have hurt externals, taken out Selene in one hit, and have gone through and severly hurt Fin Fan Foom. Her time bombs have actually knocked Fin Fan Foom out. so how will your team except Morg survive the assualt of meltdowns hidden time bombs, and a big assualt of power cosmic?

stormfront13
Originally posted by Scoobless
At the moment I'm torn:

I'm completely unconvinced that Carnage and Co will be able to work together.

I'm also unconvinced that Stormfront's team can take out Morg the way she claims they can ... when Has Pulsar ever turned anything else intangible?

Can't vote until this is cleared up.

Nextwave confirmed that she can turn things she's touching into energy.

***Ev, i was wondering if we could ignore soljers vote when I'm in a match? he will vote against me everytime, guaranteed. this is fact.

Soljer
***Ev, i was wondering if we could ignore soljers vote when I'm in a match? he will vote against me everytime, guaranteed. this is fact.

Only if your opponent outdebates you which, thus far, he has. I don't see why you think I'm so biased? It's not like I'm the only one that thinks Typhus is in the lead right now. confused

Scoobless
Nextwave confirmed that she can turn things she's touching into energy.

Can you show it please.

ExodusCloak
Typhus' strategy seems more solid right now...his team will work together in order to survive...even though he's using Classic Emma I believe even Current Emma would sell Cyclops down the river and work with Deadpool in order to maintain her own survival.(As Cassandra Nova pointed out) Same applies with Carnage(Although he might just end attacking everyone after this Tourney is finished), Bob Fett, Deathstroke and even Morg. If this is really a matter of life or death...then all would be willing to make compromises.

On the other side...you have Mimic with the Original X-Mens powers..but who's only able to use half of the potential(And I believe Current Mimic copied Phoenix's power so I'm not sure how that works in this Tourney)...and Vixen(With Grodds powers) which even though a good strategy(Might have worked in Batdudes Tourney for a combined Krypto + Grodd powerset) but I believe it conflicts with the last rule in this particular tourney. I mean Grodd is certainly above Meta.
Pulsar cannot compare to Morg...and I think that's what makes this fight a bit lopsided...Speed Kills and as Typhus pointed out, Morgs speed is in a total different league.

From what's shown so far...my vote goes to Typhus for now....unless Stormfront13 can come up with something to counter Morg.

stormfront13
Originally posted by Soljer
Only if your opponent outdebates you which, thus far, he has. I don't see why you think I'm so biased? It's not like I'm the only one that thinks Typhus is in the lead right now. confused

i'm not basing it on this, it's just common knowlege that your biased against me consdiering your posts twords me

stormfront13
Can you show it please.

I don't have a scanner, but it was in the newly reeleased nextwave TPB

Typhus

stormfront13
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

On the other side...you have Mimic with the Original X-Mens powers..but who's only able to use half of the potential...and Vixen(With Grodds powers) which even though a good strategy(Might have worked in Batdudes Tourney for a combined Krypto + Grodd powerset) but I believe it conflicts with the last rule in this particular tourney. I mean Grodd is certainly above Meta.
Pulsar cannot compare to Morg...and I think that's what makes this fight a bit lopsided...Speed Kills and as Typhus pointed out, Morgs speed is in a total different league.

1) mimic can use the original x-mens powers at full potential

2) Vixen wasn't able to use Grodd's powers at full potential

3)Pulsar can go faster than the speed of light, and Prysm can go the speed of light, speeds not a problem on my team

Soljer

Scoobless
I don't have a scanner, but it was in the newly reeleased nextwave TPB

A specific issue number will be fine. (should be listed on the TPB somewhere)

StarsNeverFall7
I'll resubmit after work.

stormfront13

Scoobless

stormfront13
A specific issue number will be fine. (should be listed on the TPB somewhere)

sorry, I don't actually have the book, i was just checkin it out for this tourney because Pulsar is in this. Also, why is everybody voting now, the debate has barely begun, and already i have no chance of winning, because it's like 5-0

Loot

stormfront13
I think that him teaming up with Venom would settle it.

I mean, if Carange is willing to team up with, pretty much, his MOST BITTER enemy, he'd probably be cool with teaming up with these few for survival.

Morg can always just threaten to Sentry him, if he doesn't comply, wink.

you do realize that's it more in character for carnage to betray his own team right?

Typhus
do you realize that it's more beneficial for carnage to betray his team? as it is for Morg, Emma, DP, and Deathstroke. your whole team is backstabbing lying cheats. if it's more beneficial for them to turn against their team, which it is...then they will.

Dude... that doesn't even BEGIN to make sense. Why would it be more beneficial to betray his teammates? AFTER the battle perhaps if there was something to win. Durring? No.

Soljer
Every time Carnage has worked with Venom he has tried to kill him at some point.

During Maximum Carnage he turned on his own team and even killed Doppelganger.

He escaped prison and specifically hunted down the only person who was ever his friend.

He's the worst guy I could think of to put on any team ... and he's capable of taking out half of your own team during the prep time

True, true, but I'm a little curious as to why storm thinks it would be advantageous or beneficial for Carnage to turn on his team. He's psychotic, but he isn't stupid. He knows that Pulsar and Prysm are on the way in just a few short hours, he isn't gonna try to tangle with THEM one on one...

stormfront13

stormfront13
True, true, but I'm a little curious as to why storm thinks it would be advantageous or beneficial for Carnage to turn on his team. He's psychotic, but he isn't stupid. He knows that Pulsar and Prysm are on the way in just a few short hours, he isn't gonna try to tangle with THEM one on one...

knowing Carnage, he'll betray his team during battle, and make a deal with my team. he isn't stupid, if my team sees him fighting with us they wouldn't attack him

Typhus
Every time Carnage has worked with Venom he has tried to kill him at some point.

During Maximum Carnage he turned on his own team and even killed Doppelganger.

He escaped prison and specifically hunted down the only person who was ever his friend.

He's the worst guy I could think of to put on any team ... and he's capable of taking out half of your own team during the prep time

Granted, but he doesn't discard his allies until he no longer needs them. Would Carnage betray my team AFTER the battle's won? Undoubtedly, however, like he ALWAYS does, he'd put up with them while it was necessary.

Evangel94
Emma is getting taken out in the first 2 seconds by meltdowns time bombs, and pulsars power cosmic attack

Pulsar doesn't have power cosmic. She's not a Herald of Galactus.

Loot
Originally posted by Typhus
Granted, but he doesn't discard his allies until he no longer needs them. Would Carnage betray my team AFTER the battle's won? Undoubtedly, however, like he ALWAYS does, he'd put up with them while it was necessary.

that would definitely happen, unless morg survives, even so carnage is crazy enough to try and kill all his team mates

stormfront13
Dude... that doesn't even BEGIN to make sense. Why would it be more beneficial to betray his teammates? AFTER the battle perhaps if there was something to win. Durring? No.

no, if he betrays your team during the battle, my team won't attack him if they see him fighting for us. besides, he gets taken out in the first 2 seconds by the hidden time bombs, and the power cosmic. anyway....

1) Typhus's team is just Morg, everyone else is taken out in the first 2 seconds by the hidden time bombs and the power cosmic

2) mORG IS unable to hit my two most powerful characters because their natural state is intangible

3) the batte field is in my favor, as is the numbers, and th energy output levels

stormfront13
Originally posted by Evangel94
Pulsar doesn't have power cosmic. She's not a Herald of Galactus.

she's turned into the power cosmic in the past, as well as has the green lantern energy pattern so she can turn into that if she wants

stormfront13
*people, if carnage starts to attack his own team, and my team sees that, we wouldn't attack him because he is helping us out, and morg, you still have no way to take o0ut Pulsar and Prysm

Typhus
OK, well I have the page right in front of me (Venom and Carnage) and they ally for a day. This battle isn't taking a day. And Besides, if Carnage exibits overly aggressive behavior to begin with, Emma would just force him to obey orders from the team. It's really a moot point.

stormfront13
OK, well I have the page right in front of me (Venom and Carnage) and they ally for a day. This battle isn't taking a day. And Besides, if Carnage exibits overly aggressive behavior to begin with, Emma would just force him to obey orders from the team. It's really a moot point.

talking about everyone except morg is really a moot point, because they won't be surviving the hidden time bombs, and the power cosmic assualt

ExodusCloak
1) mimic can use the original x-mens powers at full potential

2) Vixen wasn't able to use Grodd's powers at full potential

3)Pulsar can go faster than the speed of light, and Prysm can go the speed of light, speeds not a problem on my team

Hey that's just my opinion...I don't even think I should be debating...in this thread...that's Typhus' job.

But from what I recall from mimic he was never able to use the powers he copied to it's full potential.(i.e. Blair Winds Iceman) Unless this has changed? Which then I retract my previous statement...his last appearance was what Thunderbolts?

Granting herself Grodds powers certainly places her above Meta Level regardless if it's full potential or not. Just saying it's iffy...

Heralds travel over ridiculous speeds feats...way over light speeds. Monica won't be able to match it.

But like I said I'm just here to vote...not debate.

Typhus
no, if he betrays your team during the battle, my team won't attack him if they see him fighting for us. besides, he gets taken out in the first 2 seconds by the hidden time bombs, and the power cosmic. anyway....

1) Typhus's team is just Morg, everyone else is taken out in the first 2 seconds by the hidden time bombs and the power cosmic

2) mORG IS unable to hit my two most powerful characters because their natural state is intangible

3) the batte field is in my favor, as is the numbers, and th energy output levels

First of all, that STILL doesn't make sense. He betrays my team to join yours? Why? He'd just betray your after that and finish off your young unsuspecting team. Also, as I said in my write up, Carnage and DP play DEFENSE! Freaking read...

Evangel94
she's turned into the power cosmic in the past, as well as has the green lantern energy pattern so she can turn into that if she wants

Comic & Issue Number?

Even if she did in the past, you're not starting out with Power Cosmic.

I want to make this clear. I'm not debating for or against anyone. I just want to make sure everyone who reads this thread knows how the teams are starting out.

You're only starting out with the basic electromagnetic spectrum powers. You do not have Green Lantern Energy and you don't have Power Cosmic

stormfront13
Hey that's just my opinion...I don't even think I should be debating...in this thread...that's Typhus' job.

But from what I recall from mimic he was never able to use the powers he copied to it's full potential. Unless this has changed? Which then I retract my previous statement...his last appearance was what Thunderbolts?

Granting herself Grodds powers certainly places her above Meta Level regardless if it's full potential or not. Just saying it's iffy...

Heralds travel over ridiculous speeds feats...way over light speeds.

But like I said I'm just here to vote...not debate.

1) your thinking of Exiles Mimic, 616 is able to use his copied powers at full potential

2) I'm debating with you to try and change your vote

stormfront13
Comic & Issue Number?

Even if she did in the past, you're not starting out with Power Cosmic.

I want to make this clear. I'm not debating for Typhus. I just want to make sure everyone who reads this thread knows.

You're starting out with the basic electromagnetic spectrum powers. Not Green Lantern Energy and Definitely not Power Cosmic

why not, it's what she's done? if your going to limit me, then you have to limit Typhus as well, only fair

Soljer
why not, it's what she's done? if your going to limit me, then you have to limit Typhus as well, only fair

What the f**k?

stormfront13
What the f**k?

what? that's only fair, if she limits me when i already have 5 votes against me, then she has to limit typhus as well

Typhus
talking about everyone except morg is really a moot point, because they won't be surviving the hidden time bombs, and the power cosmic assualt

No it's not, because I told you the strategy my men would follow. Your ONLY argument is that Carnage is unpredictable/uncontrolable. Easily remedied with one thought from Emma. Period, the issue is dropped.

Soljer
what? that's only fair, if she limits me when i already have 5 votes against me, then she has to limit typhus as well

But Typhus isn't doing anything wrong....erm.

ExodusCloak
1) your thinking of Exiles Mimic, 616 is able to use his copied powers at full potential

If that's the case doesn't that put him over War Machine Level? Because that would mean he has "Blair Winds" Iceman's powerset? Which for all purposes makes him practically indestructible and since Matter Manipulation is banned and Telepathy limited...for this Tourney he'd practically be unstoppable.

stormfront13
But Typhus isn't doing anything wrong....erm.

and I am for using my character to the best of it's abilities?

stormfront13
If that's the case doesn't that put him over War Machine Level? Because that would mean he has "Blair Winds" Iceman's powerset?

both icemans for this tourney are limited a little

stormfront13
No it's not, because I told you the strategy my men would follow. Your ONLY argument is that Carnage is unpredictable/uncontrolable. Easily remedied with one thought from Emma. Period, the issue is dropped.

explain how your team except Morg can survive an assualt of a couple hundred of time bombs that have taken Fin Fan Foom out, and an assualt from power cosmic energy. none of your team has a ton of durability except Morg

Soljer
explain how your team except Morg can survive an assualt of a couple hundred of time bombs that have taken Fin Fan Foom out, and an assualt from power cosmic energy. none of your team has a ton of durability except Morg

'Power Cosmic Energy'?

Wasn't that JUST nixed?

stormfront13
'Power Cosmic Energy'?

Wasn't that JUST nixed?

no, not unless Typhus gets limited with Morg

Loot

Soljer

Wait, wait, so you just got promoted? Since when were you the authority for this tourney? I thought this was Evangel's game? Suddenly you have precedent over her? What the f**k?

ExodusCloak
both icemans for this tourney are limited a little

Huh really? I just looked at the rules...I'll go read the discussion thread...but from what I'm getting from the rules:

No offensive matter manipulation. Meaning he won't be able to do anything to his foes insides...it still would mean Iceman would be indestructible seeing how there's still moisture in the atmosphere and seeing how telepathy is limited and offensive matter manipulation banned.

I'll go read the draft thread to see if there were any restrictions to Iceman that weren't in the rules.

Other then that I'll keep quiet and allow you guys to continue.

Typhus

If you're saying you start out basically nuking my side with Meltdown's overrated power than that's a one hit kill and it's against the rules. And if it isn't then be VERY thankful I haven't just launched a sub-nuke from War Machine yet and gotten MY instant kill.

Scoobless

stormfront13

Evangel94

Pulsar may or may not have absorbed power cosmic in past, but she doesn't generate or tap into that power on her own. Only Galactus and his Heralds do that.

Her powers are the manipulation of the electromagnetic spectrum. And that's how she starts out in this battle. With just those powers.

Why should I limit Morg or anyone on Typhus's team? He hasn't violated any rules.

stormfront13
Wait, wait, so you just got promoted? Since when were you the authority for this tourney? I thought this was Evangel's game? Suddenly you have precedent over her? What the f**k?

never said that, but she wants this fair, and limiting someone from using their characters powers, and not toe other is unfair, and gives Typhus an advantage in which case i will just forfeit right now

Loot

stormfront13
Pulsar may or may not have absorbed power cosmic in past, but she doesn't generate or tap into that power on her own. Only Galactus and his Heralds do that.

Her powers are the manipulation of the electromagnetic spectrum. And that's how she starts out in this battle. With just those powers.

Why should I limit Morg or anyone on Typhus's team? He hasn't violated any rules.

I haven't violated any rules either, Pulsar has downloaded the wavelength of the power cosmic and has used it before. if your limiting me, then you just minuswell give Typhus the victory right now, cause i'm not wastin my time

Typhus
it comes down to

Morg

VS

Pulsar
Prysm
Mimic
possibly Vixen
Possibly Meltdown

^^He can't touch Prysm and Pulsar, because they are naturally intangible.

1)there will be Hundreds of ice statues and holograms to confuse Morg, while Vixen, Meltdown, Mimic, Prysm, and Pulsar all unload all their energy on him. he's goin down

Confuse Morg?... cosmic awareness.

Try again.

Prysm isn't naturally intangible and no one under herald level should travel at light speed...

stormfront13
If you're saying you start out basically nuking my side with Meltdown's overrated power than that's a one hit kill and it's against the rules. And if it isn't then be VERY thankful I haven't just launched a sub-nuke from War Machine yet and gotten MY instant kill.

How is that a one hit kill? that's stragety.

stormfront13
Confuse Morg?... cosmic awareness.

Try again.

Prysm isn't naturally intangible and no one under herald level should travel at light speed...

actually yeah she is, she's just light

Typhus
How is that a one hit kill? that's stragety.

Sayingmy guys get blown up at the bell cause of Meltdown's stupid power is a one hit kill, NOT strategy. You're saying my guys can't even react before they die - that's the very nature of a one hit kill. You're relying on cheap tactics that bend the rules and you're getting mad because people are calling you on it. I actually took time to write out a decent, working strategy that involves my whole team. Maybe you should have done the same.

stormfront13
also Typhus, pulsar is phasing your axe right out of your hands, so he's going to lose his weapon, and my team will be wielding it

Typhus
What your argument boils down to is:

I get a one hit kill or a forfiet. And you CANNOT say that isn't cheap...

ExodusCloak

Loot

stormfront13
Sayingmy guys get blown up at the bell cause of Meltdown's stupid power is a one hit kill, NOT strategy. You're saying my guys can't even react before they die - that's the very nature of a one hit kill. You're relying on cheap tactics that bend the rules and you're getting mad because people are calling you on it. I actually took time to write out a decent, working strategy that involves my whole team. Maybe you should have done the same.

1) so your saying that if i let meltdown just walk right up to Morg and let him hit her, she'd die with her human durability. would that qualify as a one hit kill?

2) i never said your characters couldn't react, but they're not going to do much at all before Meltdown can say boom

3) it's not cheap, it's stragety

4) i'm not mad, i'm actually with friends having a good time

5) that tactic doesn't bend the rules, and you were doing the same thing in your stragety

Typhus
If i was doing the same thing as you i would have nuked you already.

And no I didn't do the same thing. In my STRATEGY I set a trap for your men and provided bait. YOU'RE saying that you launch an unstopable bomb at my team. That's totally different. Maybe you have to reread my write up or something but you're really getting it wrong.

stormfront13

stormfront13

In your stragety, you put that you loaded the place with bombs

Laminator_X
I believe Mimic was allowed in at 60's power level, not modern. That shouldn't limit sf13 to simplistic 60's tactics, but the "Iceman" powerset doesn't include being a water elemental/t-1000.

I'm not trying to debate for Typhus here, I'm just pointing it out for the benefit of readers/voters who weren't around for the draft.

stormfront13
What your argument boils down to is:

I get a one hit kill or a forfiet. And you CANNOT say that isn't cheap...

I never said that, i said that i'd forfeit if Ev is going to limit me and not you, giving you a clear win and huge advantage. aLSO, none of your characters are very durable except Morg, and it's not my fault you didn't choose better.

Typhus

And no I didn't do the same thing. In my STRATEGY I set a trap for your men and provided bait. YOU'RE saying that you launch an unstopable bomb at my team. That's totally different. Maybe you have to reread my write up or something but you're really getting it wrong.

No I didn't load the place with bombs...

stormfront13
Originally posted by Laminator_X
I believe Mimic was allowed in at 60's power level, not modern. That shouldn't limit sf13 to simplistic 60's tactics, but the "Iceman" powerset doesn't include being a water elemental/t-1000.

I'm not trying to debate for Typhus here, I'm just pointing it out for the benefit of readers/voters who weren't around for the draft.

no, Ev said modern was fine

Loot
1) what will morg do? anything he tries will pass right through him

doubt that, you can hurt someone in intagible forms, and someone with power cosmic, should be able to do so

stormfront13
"and my two street mercs will get to work on rigging avalanches they can trigger via remote detonations. "

Really?

stormfront13
doubt that, you can hurt someone in intagible forms, and someone with power cosmic, should be able to do so

Galactus took away the Power Cosmic from Morg after he rebelled

stormfront13
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=morgvsall1l9go.jpg

^^if Nove can do this to Morg, then Pulsar definitley can

Typhus
I never said that, i said that i'd forfeit if Ev is going to limit me and not you, giving you a clear win and huge advantage. aLSO, none of your characters are very durable except Morg, and it's not my fault you didn't choose better.

This argument is rediculous! You're sayin that since my men can't stand up to an instantaneous carpet bombing I din't choose well? NEWS FLASH, none of the meta and street guys can withstand that.

You were stretching it before, now you're scraping the bottom of the barrel....

stormfront13
This argument is rediculous! You're sayin that since my men can't stand up to an instantaneous carpet bombing I din't choose well? NEWS FLASH, none of the meta and street guys can withstand that.

You were stretching it before, now you're scraping the bottom of the barrel....

and? Meldown can only do this with prep, w/out prep she's just regular

Typhus
"and my two street mercs will get to work on rigging avalanches they can trigger via remote detonations. "

Really?

My TRAP requires you to take bait and lures you in, your's is an OFFENCIVE one hit kill, which doesn't give my guys a chance. Can you honestly not see the difference here?

stormfront13
My TRAP requires you to take bait and lures you in, your's is an OFFENCIVE one hit kill, which doesn't give my guys a chance. Can you honestly not see the difference here?

if you hit your detonators, you'd be doing the same thing I am, i'm just a step ahead. and calm down man

Scoobless

shifty

Typhus
Galactus took away the Power Cosmic from Morg after he rebelled

In my FIRST post when i drafted him I specified he had the power cosmic.

Try again.

stormfront13
In my FIRST post when i drafted him I specified he had the power cosmic.

Try again.

then you'd better tell ev, she just says Morg. either way it's still half my team VS Morg, which can take Morg out

Typhus
if you hit your detonators, you'd be doing the same thing I am, i'm just a step ahead. and calm down man

There's a huge difference between a one hit kill bomb and a landslide i have to trigger when you enter range. You seriously don't understand the concept of prep in a vs match.

And shutup scoob, we all know you have something up your sleeve!

Typhus
then you'd better tell ev, she just says Morg. either way it's still half my team VS Morg, which can take Morg out

Evangel knows. She said as long as he doesn't have Waters of Life it's fine.

stormfront13
There's a huge difference between a one hit kill bomb and a landslide i have to trigger when you enter range. You seriously don't understand the concept of prep in a vs match.

oh, i understand prep, that's how i put the bombs there. you could do the same thing I am but you choose not to, so don't blame me

stormfront13
Evangel knows. She said as long as he doesn't have Waters of Life it's fine.

yeah, but it'd be nice if it said soemthing like Morg(with PC)

Typhus
oh, i understand prep, that's how i put the bombs there. you could do the same thing I am but you choose not to, so don't blame me

I'm not blaming you - I'm winning cool

stormfront13
I'm not blaming you - I'm winning cool

yeah, so stop complaining big grin

anyway...you haven't come up with a stragety to take out my team yet with just Morg

Typhus
yeah, so stop complaining big grin

anyway...you haven't come up with a stragety to take out my team yet with just Morg

How bout just War Machine?

Sub-nuke. There.

Loot

Laminator_X

no, Ev said modern was fine

OK, I just read through the E-Meta draft and confirmation threads in their entirety We are both mistaken. You said that his powers had progressed like the originals. Scoobless and I both objected to Mimic with the modern X-men powerset, but had no objection to 60's power-level mimic (the same limitation I accepted for Super-Skrull).

Evangel94 never issued a ruling, for or against, and specifically admonished elsewhere in the thread against taking lack of response as approval.

Evangel94, might you please clarify this for us?

stormfront13
How bout just War Machine?

Sub-nuke. There.

my team is intangible and in a double force-field. besides it'd take a little time, time he doesn't have

stormfront13
OK, I just read through the E-Meta draft and confirmation threads in their entirety We are both mistaken. You said that his powers had progressed like the originals. Scoobless and I both objected to Mimic with the modern X-men powerset, but had no objection to 60's power-level mimic (the same limitation I accepted for Super-Skrull).

Evangel94 never issued a ruling, for or against, and specifically admonished elsewhere in the thread against taking lack of response as approval.

if it were original levels, then mimic wouldn't even be at E. Meta Level

Typhus
my team is intangible and in a double force-field. besides it'd take a little time, time he doesn't have

Your team isn't intangible and they don't have double force fields. You can't have a meta with that kind of power. You're basically relying on the fact that Evangel will look the other way with that, but I'm sending her a PM asking about the guerilla grodd thing. Also the original Jean couldn't create permanent force fields around her entire team, so the sub nuke kills off everyone but Pulsar who gets easily taken down by Morg.

Wow, you've really taken down the potential quality of this debate...

Laminator_X
if it were original levels, then mimic wouldn't even be at E. Meta Level

Don't sell yourself short. Mimic fought solo against the Super-Adaptoid while SA was copying the original Avengers.

stormfront13
Your team isn't intangible and they don't have double force fields. You can't have a meta with that kind of power. You're basically relying on the fact that Evangel will look the other way with that, but I'm sending her a PM asking about the guerilla grodd thing. Also the original Jean couldn't create permanent force fields around her entire team, so the sub nuke kills off everyone but Pulsar who gets easily taken down by Morg.

Wow, you've really taken down the potential quality of this debate...

1) Pulsar and Prys is intangible

2)Mimic puts up a force-field

3)it's current Mimic, so he ahs the power

4)war machine doesn't have time to spark a nuke, before getting taken down by meltdown, or pulsar

Typhus
Warmachine can launch the nuke instantly.

If it's current mimic he's evil and that's a whole other set of problems you now have to deal with....

Scoobless

I just meant that Wolverine could survive a few measly bombs.

stick out tongue

stormfront13
Warmachine can launch the nuke instantly.

If it's current mimic he's evil and that's a whole other set of problems you now have to deal with....

if he lauches it instantley, Pulsar goes and absorbs it, ot phases it, or flies it away, or mimic telekineticallysends it back at you

Evangel94

Listen very carefully because I'm only go to say this once. Typhus has Morg who has the power cosmic. Morg does not have the Water of Life in the battle.

You're character pulsar does not have Power Cosmic or Green Lantern energy. End of Story.

-Do not argue with me.

-Do not reply to this to post.

-That is my ruling and it's final.

stormfront13
Listen very carefully because I'm only go to say this once. Typhus has Morg who has the power cosmic. Morg does not have the Water of Life in the battle.

You're character pulsar does not have Power Cosmic or Green Lantern energy. End of Story.

-Do not argue with me.

-Do not reply to this to post.

-That is my ruling and it's final.

answer me one question, who do I get limited for no reason and Typhus doesn't?

also, Pulsar has fought silver surfer to a standstill, and surfer has defeated Morg

http://img140.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc137&image=82728_all10.jpg

Typhus
Using THAT logic I can say Morg's bested the Silver Surfer when Surfer's had help, and if Pulsar can only tie him by himself then you're REALLY in trouble....

Evangel94

Regarding Iceman's powers as I stated here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=433310&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2

That ruling extends to anyone who has Iceman's powers. So basically Mimic has his 1960s power levels. or the original X-Men.

stormfront13
Using THAT logic I can say Morg's bested the Silver Surfer when he's had help, and if Pulsar can only tie him then you're REALLY in trouble....

he's bested Silver Surfer and others when he ahd the waters of life or whatever. Also pulsar was in her weakened state whwen she couldn't transform into energy, only utalize it

Typhus
he's bested Silver Surfer and others when he ahd the waters of life or whatever. Also pulsar was in her weakened state whwen she couldn't transform into energy, only utalize it

"Two former heralds, Silver Surfer and Firelord, learning about Morg after discovering that Nova had left Galactus expressed their concerns to Galactus about Morg's low morals but were dismissed. Morg battled and easily defeated them both."

That's pre-waters of life, Chief...

Laminator_X
Thanks Evangel, that's helpful.

There is also a significant bone of contention between the two combatants with regards to the strength of Mimic's telekinetic powers. IE: Modern Jean Level or 60's Jean level?

Typhus
Thanks Evangel, that's helpful.

There is also a significant bone of contention between the two combatants with regards to the strength of Mimic's telekinetic powers. IE: Modern Jean Level or 60's Jean level?

And Vixen's - which should be non existent in meta level. I mean jeez, if you're not creative enough to find a way to use her without TP TK (she can use any animal attribute) you should have choosen soneone else...

stormfront13
thanks Ev...this is real fair, taking away some of my most powerful characters most powerful attacks AFTER the switching thread, and thanks for telling me it was classic mimic AFTER the switching thread. you've now given Typhus two big advantages. anyway....

so it's still only Morg VS half my team, and Typhus isn't even debating against that anymore. photon just uses hard light constructs to batter him, while Metldown, who has blown holes through Fin Fan Foom, Blows holes through Morg. that combined with vixen copying Krypto, uysing heat vision, mimic using his optic blasts and ice blasts, and prysm using her laser blasts morg is going down. If Nova can knock out Morg, then this team definitley can

Typhus
I'm not 'not debating against that', I'm saying even IF that happens (I'd say there's a 1 in 100 chance) then I'll still pull out a win. You were so focused on picking over the mark e-meta and meata that you picked a herald that can't stand up to most of the others. Oh, well, you're mistake.

Lemme tellyou how this battle REALLY goes down. For the most part your team is young, stupid, or arrogant. (Pulsar's always protrayed as a know-it-all, Mimic's a selfish fool, and Ravenger and Echo are young) Now, your team will not be able to pull it together and will each come up with their own idea of what to do. They'll fall for my trap and one by one be downed by my team.

You keep proposing dumbass moves that break the rules and honestly I don't care to argue against them. You cannot get a one hit kill period. It's against the rules. I think this is a clear victory but I'll humor more if you like...

stormfront13
If my stragety was against the rules, Ev would have stated so, which she didn't, you are completley helpless against the stragety because all you have said against it is that it is unfair and illegal, which by the way it is neither.

now, Nova has knocked out Morg with the power cosmic, and the waters of life. Pulsar is more powerful than nova, and has defeated the silver surfer as well as stalmated them. hell, she's even defeated people that Thor couldn't defeat.

so it's still only Morg VS half my team photon just uses hard light constructs to batter him, while Metldown, who has blown holes through Fin Fan Foom, Blows holes through Morg. that combined with vixen copying Krypto, uysing heat vision, mimic using his optic blasts and ice blasts, and prysm using her laser blasts morg is going down. If Nova can knock out Morg, then this team definitley can

Scoobless
Pulsar is more powerful than nova, and has defeated the silver surfer as well as stalmated them. hell, she's even defeated people that Thor couldn't defeat.

This is where I'm having trouble believing you.

Who has Pulsar beaten? when has she ever shown to be more powerful than any Herald?

I don't remember ever seeing any of this.

Evangel94
thanks Ev...this is real fair, taking away some of my most powerful characters most powerful attacks AFTER the switching thread, and thanks for telling me it was classic mimic AFTER the switching thread. you've now given Typhus two big advantages. anyway....

I didn't take away anything because you never had them to begin with. It's your own fault for assuming.

King Kandy
I've got to say... Typhus gets my vote.

Stormfront's arguments are kind of bizzare... I'm pretty sure Morg could figure out a way to hurt someone intangible.

Evangel94
This thread will be closed a few minutes before the new match tommorow. So anyone who wishes to vote will have plenty of time to do so.

I'd like to remind all tournament participants that you are required to vote in matches.

I suppose.... if tournament participants don't vote, I'll probably come up with a system to penalize you for not voting (which I'd rather not do)....but I hope it doesn't come to that so vote!

Typhus
If my stragety was against the rules, Ev would have stated so, which she didn't, you are completley helpless against the stragety because all you have said against it is that it is unfair and illegal, which by the way it is neither.

now, Nova has knocked out Morg with the power cosmic, and the waters of life. Pulsar is more powerful than nova, and has defeated the silver surfer as well as stalmated them. hell, she's even defeated people that Thor couldn't defeat.

so it's still only Morg VS half my team photon just uses hard light constructs to batter him, while Metldown, who has blown holes through Fin Fan Foom, Blows holes through Morg. that combined with vixen copying Krypto, uysing heat vision, mimic using his optic blasts and ice blasts, and prysm using her laser blasts morg is going down. If Nova can knock out Morg, then this team definitley can

First off, just cause I'm saying you move is against the rules doesn't mean I have no defence against it. Emma Frost can protect my men with a force field (yeah, two can play at that game). After than, your men (who you admit will thinkthey have killed my men) are caught off guard and are ambushed by my superior team. War Machine launches his nuke and even if you 'try and conrtol it' or some such nonsense - Emma is more powerful mentally than anyone on your team and overrides it. She can also take down your stupid force fields that you shouldn't have anyway.

After your men are wiped out by my nuke, it's just a matter of clean up for Morg, but is more powerful than anyone on your team PERIOD.

When you get down to it, you're just outclassed here, and since you haven't provided a phonominal strategy to counter my teams superiority (other than your questionable obscure ones) I really don't see how this battle can continue...

Scoobless
I may not be on much tomorrow.

As it stands I have to vote for Typhus, SF just hasn't shown me any convincing way to take down Morg.

The Carnage element just isn't as important as not being able to beat his Herald.

stormfront13
I didn't take away anything because you never had them to begin with. It's your own fault for assuming.

Ev, if I say Current Mimic, and you okay him, i'm going to assume that i'm getting Current Mimic, you never said classic mimic. and Pulsar has used the power cosmic, and you took just about her most powerful attack away from her just because you felt like it. you never even gave a reason as to why it was taken away.

Typhus...how can emma frost create force-fields, and take down my entire team by herslf? either way, you won so it's not like it matters. i'm just gonna leave with this, consdiering that i didn't choose characters based on stragety, i chose them based on who i liked the most.

1) you still have no defense against your team getting taken out by the hidden time bombs. even if your in a force-field, meltdown can create them inside the force-field, ad nextwave confirms, she can create them in random places, not needing to throw them. she created time bombs inside of Fin Fan Foom, and inside of cars and such.

2) You haven't provided any evidence as to how Morg will take down both pulsar and Prysm both of whom have been called the most powerful of both their respective teams. pulsar has been called the most powerful avenger ever, and prysm the most powerful titan ever. both of them are intangible and invisible, morg will have a tough time tagging them considering his attacks will only pass through them, they're invisible, and even with his cosmic awareness, they move at too fast speeds for him to tag them often enough to do any possible damage

3) Morg doesn't even have his axe, it was taken away from him by Pulsar, as she phased it out of his hands. Morg relied hugley on his Axe, and that's the main reason he defeated a lot of his opponents

4) Silver Surfer has defeated Morg, and Nova has knocked him unconsious. Now with surfer being more powerful than nova, and Pulsar defeating Surfer, morgh and her are at least equal in terms of raw power.

5) Morg can't last forever with combined assualts of Pulsar going nova with her most powerful energy forms, same with prysm, Vixen copying Krypto, and channeling heat vision, and meltdown blowing up his insides. he would go down, and you haven't provided any evidence as to how. your only rebuttle is "he'll find a way"

TricksterPriest
I'm going with Typhus. He's brought several excellent strategies. Personally, I'm worried about facing a few characters like Surfer and Morg. They're damn ****ing tough. Storm, you're an idiot. You keep trying to break the rules and cheat, like how you tried to sneak Ravager in. A character with pre-cog, a massive advantage. Luckily, I looked her up and called you on it. Your strategies violate the rules and are uninspired. Typhus has you beat. And if you think a herald of Galactus can't hurt something intangible, then you're a fool. Maybe they wouldn't have the brains to come up with a good idea or the inclination, but they certainly have the means. I'm thinking of guys like Terrax here, not guys like Surfer. You can argue that Morg wouldn't come up with this plan on his own, but he doesn't have to. He has a few excellent strategists on his team, such as Deathstroke, White Queen and War Machine. Plus, there are legitimate questions as to Pulsar's stamina and whether she can outlast someone with the power cosmic. Typhus has you crushed. You're just too blind to recoqnize it. Personally, I am hoping I can find something to put Apocalypse somewhere on the level of a herald. Otherwise, I'm screwed.

grey fox
Voting for Typhus.

His plan is pure liquid gold , utilising his characters to their utmost. Morg is to pulsar what a Dog is to a frog. 'Prospective Murderer'.

Blair Wind
A) I got mentioned twice in a thread that has nothing to do with me? Sweet!
B) I dont understand why Pulsar could not use the power cosmic or green lantern powers. Isnt it part of her power to be able to turn into any energy, and especially once she has turned into it, to be able to use it later on in life?
C) with that said Typhus debated better. My vote goes to him

Roldz
I vote for Typhus better strategies, The metas and street level im not really convince they'd be working well together but Emma/Warmachines team up Trumps Mimic/Prism, Stromfron13 team does have the speedblitz advantage but didnt really explain how it would have happened.. Regarding intangibility to remove Morgs axe, dont know if that would work Since PC and a portion of Awol resides in Morg which would play havok in what the energy use to make Prism/Pulsar intangible.. Pulsar never possess the Power Cosmic... Just my 2 cents..

Loot

StarsNeverFall7
Im going to have to lean to Typhus on my vote. His prep and battle strategies were well put together, I still really don't see carnage playing well on ANY team, because hes a dick like that. Morg really seals the deal for him as far as the solid link in his team goes.

Typhus gets my vote.

xmarksthespot
Read the thread, wading through all the bitching to find the actual strategy, and Typhus' is just more coherent.

So he gets my vote.

Bald Bugger
800 posts ? Stupid.

Thank god I turned down this torney. Stupid is one way tp put it.

StarsNeverFall7
For someone who thinks its so stupid and is so glad for not joining, you sure seem to keep adding to those 800 posts.

Dreampanther
Typhus gets my vote

Laminator_X
I'm voting for Typhus. I think with the right strategy Stormfront13 could have pulled off a win, but I'm just not seeing it in the posts.

stormfront13
But if you have more proves of pulsar power show it.

Ev took away pulsars most powerful attacks

and Typhus, yeah...good luck your goin on. you keep telling me i broke the rules, yet you brought in a character that has bitshslapped the combined might of all the heralds w/out the power cosmic, killed heralds with one hit, punked surfer easily, and beat thanos like he was nothing

stormfront13
Originally posted by Blair Wind

B) I dont understand why Pulsar could not use the power cosmic or green lantern powers. Isnt it part of her power to be able to turn into any energy, and especially once she has turned into it, to be able to use it later on in life?

yeah, Ev took those away for some reason and never explained why. she said it was my fault for assuming. yeah, because its so wrong to assume that pulsar should be able to turn into energy that she has in the past roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bald Bugger
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
For someone who thinks its so stupid and is so glad for not joining, you sure seem to keep adding to those 800 posts. By general posting I am trying to get to 800 ? Yeah nice one genious. I am really going out of my way to get 800 when I have only made about 3 posts the entire day, which BTW I have been on most of it.

So whos the fool. Your the fool.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>