Cosmic Rematch!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
The Runner, Elder of the Universe

Versus

The Silver Surfer, Herald of Galactus.

Current versions of each, obviously. Does anyone think that Surfer's latest upgrade may allow him to keep up with the Runner - the elder that seemingly TOYED with him in the past?

For this fight, the Runner's 'charm' is turned off so that both combatants will fight to the best of their ability.

Galan007
With all of Surfer's upgrades he might be able to pull off the win, but I doubt it would be easy.

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
With all of Surfer's upgrades he might be able to pull off the win, but I doubt it would be easy.

No doubt. That was the point of this thread.

The Surfer we have today is a VERY different one than the one that originally met the Runner, even if the Runner originally raped Norrin.

I'm thinking this might go to an even split, or a slight majority in either direction, but that's the reason I posted it. No sense in posting an obvious thread, right?

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
No doubt. That was the point of this thread.

The Surfer we have today is a VERY different one than the one that originally met the Runner, even if the Runner originally raped Norrin.

I'm thinking this might go to an even split, or a slight majority in either direction, but that's the reason I posted it. No sense in posting an obvious thread, right? I completely agree thumb up

darthgoober
The important thing to remember here, is that in their initial confrontation, Surfer was actually being affected by the Runner's "likable" power, and that contributed to the difficulty he was having. But Galactus altered Surfer's mind set with his upgrade, so I doubt that would work anywhere near as effectively. I could see the current Surfer taking the win, for the simple reason that he has far more feats to his name now. If he just tried to hag with Runner physically and fire of a few energy blast like he did in the first fight, Runner would probably take it again. But if he started creating black holes, at letting loose, with planet destroying blast while absorbing the Runner's energy, I'd give Surfer the majority.

Soljer
Originally posted by darthgoober
The important thing to remember here, is that in their initial confrontation, Surfer was actually being affected by the Runner's "likable" power, and that contributed to the difficulty he was having. But Galactus altered Surfer's mind set with his upgrade, so I doubt that would work anywhere near as effectively. I could see the current Surfer taking the win, for the simple reason that he has far more feats to his name now. If he just tried to hag with Runner physically and fire of a few energy blast like he did in the first fight, Runner would probably take it again. But if he started creating black holes, at letting loose, with planet destroying blast while absorbing the Runner's energy, I'd give Surfer the majority.

Not to mention the fact that I stipulated that the Runner's 'charm' was turned off for this fight, so that the Surfer WOULD be able to operate at full efficiency. erm.

darthgoober
Not to mention the fact that I stipulated that the Runner's 'charm' was turned off for this fight, so that the Surfer WOULD be able to operate at full efficiency. erm.
Oh wow, I didn't even notice that.

Galan007
Not to mention the fact that I stipulated that the Runner's 'charm' was turned off for this fight, so that the Surfer WOULD be able to operate at full efficiency. erm. You should have not limited Runner. I mean it dosen't seem fair that Surfer is at his best, yet Runner is somewhat depowered

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
You should have not limited Runner. I mean it dosen't seem fair that Surfer is at his best, yet Runner is somewhat depowered

I'm not limiting the Runner - it's just that if I didn't take away the charm power, then the Surfer would be at a severe disadvantage.

"Hey...you're a really nice guy, here's a black hole!" Doesn't seem like the kind of thing you'd hear from a friend.

Galan007
I'm not limiting the Runner - it's just that if I didn't take away the charm power, then the Surfer would be at a severe disadvantage.

"Hey...you're a really nice guy, here's a black hole!" Doesn't seem like the kind of thing you'd hear from a friend. true laughing out loud

guy222
The Runner, Elder of the Universe

Versus

The Silver Surfer, Herald of Galactus.

Current versions of each, obviously. Does anyone think that Surfer's latest upgrade may allow him to keep up with the Runner - the elder that seemingly TOYED with him in the past?

For this fight, the Runner's 'charm' is turned off so that both combatants will fight to the best of their ability.

Runner

King Kandy
I'm seeing an even split, 5/10.

ExtraMision5555

"Hey...you're a really nice guy, here's a black hole!" Doesn't seem like the kind of thing you'd hear from a friend. laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.