Is it possible to forge a Gmail chat log? [repost]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ganner Rhysode
I posted this in "off topic" simply because it gets more traffic and I would get more varied responses, I'm posting HERE because you guys are more likely to know what you're talking about.

Is there ANY way for that conversation to get there without me having actually talked to that person, other than having two accounts and having a conversation with myself?

That is, is it possible for a Gmail chatlog to be faked, forged, and so on, yet still placed in the Gmail database? I'm positive it's not, but I would like some support on this.

SITUATION: Basically...

I have a conversation with person A on Gmail chat. Person A says said conversation NEVER happened, even though he knows it did. I say I have chatlogs, and that they're right there in the Gmail database, and he says I must have found some way to hack in or something and implant it there.

Person A is also a huge ****ing douchebag, by the way.

Lana
This should go in the computer help forum; this forum is for computer games and video games.

Moving.

Ganner Rhysode
"No hacker since Google's gone public has EVER hacked Google's databases. To fake a log, you would have had to break all their encryptions, something no expert hacker has done but many have tried. You'd have to implant a new chat log in the CORRECT server, without ANY Google personnel ever seeing it (which they would), then you'd have to change the date to match the time, and that's not as easy as changing numbers due to time synchonization."

This sounds about like what I was thinking of. How accurate/factual/etc. would this be?

Fire
No idea man, but best not make too bold a claim without knowing the facts. I can understand that you want to defend yourself but lying about it won't help you. Plus you'll have stooped to his level.

Ganner Rhysode
Uh, what? I'm not making a "bold claim." o_O That thing about not being able to hack them/etc. didn't come from me, and it sounds pretty right to me, I'm just trying to check. I'm not lying about anything.

Or did you mean something else?

ThePittman

Barker
Originally posted by ThePittman
The likely hood that someone wants to spend this much time on you is very slim.

Fire
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
Uh, what? I'm not making a "bold claim." o_O That thing about not being able to hack them/etc. didn't come from me, and it sounds pretty right to me, I'm just trying to check. I'm not lying about anything.

Or did you mean something else?
Thought it came from you, sorry for that. Still without any real evidence it's quite hard to believe it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.