Marvel Comics CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
When they started publishing Ultimate, it was the first ongoing parallel dimension that was like an Earth-2. Now, they have multiple Earths coming out of the woodwork. Can Marvel keep it's continuity straight for good - or is a COIE inevitable?

Validus
Nah, Marvel seems rather content to just ignore continuity.

Scoobless
No they don't.......... not often anyway.

no expression

Darth Vicious
Because it worked so well for DC I hope it never happens in Marvel.

Howard_Jones
Marvel's not bad with continuity. They do their best to keep things in line. Sometimes minor stuff just slips through.

roughrider
There are Marvel characters with histories tied to WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Eventually, they will get so far in the past it won't be logical. A reboot will have to happen.

Black Adam
Originally posted by roughrider
There are Marvel characters with histories tied to WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Eventually, they will get so far in the past it won't be logical. A reboot will have to happen.

Marvel has a Sliding time scale. Don't see what the big problem is.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Black Adam
Marvel has a Sliding time scale. Don't see what the big problem is.

Co-sign!

DigiMark007
Eventually, maybe....because each new generation gets buried under eons of continuity that they're not familiar with. That's kinda why they started the Ultimate universe. But it's such a big ripoff of DC that they'd be hesitant to do it.

But they have loads of fun with, say, Exiles jumping from universe to universe that it really doesn't seem to be a problem like it was in DC.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Eventually, maybe....because each new generation gets buried under eons of continuity that they're not familiar with. That's kinda why they started the Ultimate universe. But it's such a big ripoff of DC that they'd be hesitant to do it.

But they have loads of fun with, say, Exiles jumping from universe to universe that it really doesn't seem to be a problem like it was in DC.
I would rather have a different version of the Marvel U. like the Ultimate titles like u said than a big event like Crisis. Every so often have the hottest creators come up with their version of the characters. DC werent too hesitant at copying the Ultimate line when they came up all on their own with All Star..

NiņoAraņa
maybe some of the waaaaaaaaay older characters (punisher, cap america) can just get repectable deaths, or pass on the handle

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Validus
Nah, Marvel seems rather content to just ignore continuity.

^What he said.

They need another Infinity Gauntlet storyline so badly right now. Instead they gave their fans a Civil War. It's like...what are you doing Marvel? Don't be afraid to go into cosmic events.

Black Adam
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Don't be afraid to go into cosmic events.

Annihilation....

willRules
what's wrong with Civil War? I'm enjoying it yes

Howard_Jones
Seems that every DC fan is attacking Civil War because Infinite Crisis was a piece of garbage.

willRules
ah right smile Well I liked Infinite crisis and I like Civil War so far. I'm preferring Civil War by far though......

Howard_Jones
I liked IC until issue 7, then I fell out of my chair when it was all about Superman.

Galan007
Originally posted by roughrider
or is a COIE inevitable? I friggin hope so..... All this infinite ammount of multiverses' crap is rediculous.

All Marvel really needs is the 616 universe, and the Ultimate Universe and I think the fans will still be happy.

no expression

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Seems that every DC fan is attacking Civil War because Infinite Crisis was a piece of garbage.

What I've read of both Ahnihilation and Civil War has been pretty decent so far.

...and IC was awesome. Yeah..the ending was anticlimatic but the lead in's and xovers were awesome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.