The LT runs the Guantlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
1.Eternity
2.Kismet
3.Multi-Eternity
4.The Anti-Monitor
5.The Spectre
6.Abraxas
7.Pre Retconned Beyonder
8.Mr. Mxy
9.The Ultimator
10.Thanos Heart of the Universe -the power of TOAA
11.Michael- THE power of the presence (vertigo)
12.The Source -the power of the presence(DCU) and the source is a sentient being for those who tried to say it isn't. It did soundly deny the Spectre's destruction of DS.

I can't really tell if Abraxas is stronger than the spectre, but if he beat the LT, then he would count in book. Where on this list does the LT stop? 2nd most powerful being in marvel comics?

Martian_mind
6 or 7 dont know much about abraxas.

Priest
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
1.Eternity
2.Kismet
3.Multi-Eternity
4.The Anti-Monitor
5.The Spectre
6.Abraxas
7.Pre Retconned Beyonder
8.Mr. Mxy
9.The Ultimator
12.The Source -the power of the presence(DCU) and the source is a sentient being for those who tried to say it isn't. It did soundly deny the Spectre's destruction of DS.

I can't really tell if Abraxas is stronger than the spectre, but if he beat the LT, then he would count in book. Where on this list does the LT stop? 2nd most powerful being in marvel comics?
7, Pre ret Beyonder should be well above in the list tho.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Priest
7, Pre ret Beyonder should be well above in the list tho.

No he shouldn't. Mxy has done far more on panel via world's funnest than pre ret ever did. and the ultimator is vastly superior to mxy. No one is superior to the power of God. Not even the pre ret beyonder. He's in the right place im sure of it.

SpunkySmurph
Shouldnt he stalemate at 5?

King Kandy
Stops at 7.

Which is far to low, by the way.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Shouldnt he stalemate at 5?

He should. But some seem to think the LT is more powerful than the Spectre. So I want to see exactly where this 2nd most powerful being in marvel would stop.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
Stops at 7.

Which is far to low, by the way.

What has the beyonder done that would put him over anyone over him?

King Kandy
What has the beyonder done that would put him over anyone over him?
Everything.

There was not one thing beyond his power. he could do anything he wanted.

He's Presence/TOAA level.

King Kandy
Also, why is TOAA's power lower then the Presence's (Both Vertigo AND DCU)?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Everything.

There was not one thing beyond his power. he could do anything he wanted.

He's Presence/TOAA level.

Ur wrong. Mr. Mxy did more on panel than the pre retcon beyonder ever did. Mxy destroyed and recreated the entire DCU omniverse. Not just the multiverse, but DCu's outside the main DCu multiverse.

The Ultimator made mxy his ***** and was able to destroy higher realities of beings more powerful than mxy.

Micheal is God's power
The heart of the universe is God's power
The Source is God's power.
Lucifer is equal to Michael.

The beyonder is right where he belongs on this list.

King Kandy
Micheal is God's power

And yet you place THOTU below all of the others you mentioned.

More on panel?

Beyonder, throughout about 70 titles, showed his infinite power continuosly. Mxy just did it in one.

More on panel my @ss.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Also, why is TOAA's power lower then the Presence's (Both Vertigo AND DCU)?

They are all the same. Just didn't number it the same. Just for the sake of numbers. But they are all pretty much the same.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Micheal is God's power

And yet you place THOTU below all of the others you mentioned.

More on panel?

Beyonder, throughout about 70 titles, showed his infinite power continuosly. Mxy just did it in one.

More on panel my @ss.

The surfer has done more things on panel than the runner, but it only took the runner once to show he is superior to the surfer. Mxy erased the DCU omniverse and actually wiped the pages clean. He trumps the beyonder. Next

As far as THOTU they are all the same. They are all Gods' power. They can be in any order. they are all still equal.

Mr Master
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1909/sfunnest58bl6.th.jpg

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/9692/sfunnest60aj3.th.jpg

He never says the Omni-verse.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Mr Master
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1909/sfunnest58bl6.th.jpg

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/9692/sfunnest60aj3.th.jpg

He never says the Omni-verse.

He doesn't have to. He says alternate alternates. The DCU Animated is a whole other Multiverse unto itself. Multiple Multiverse would be omniverse. big grin

roughrider
I don't know about the order.
You have Mr. Mxy at 8, above Spectre and PC Beyonder?

Right now, I see a stalemate at 5.

King Kandy
beyonder could wipe out the Omniverse with a thought.

He said he could take out all that existed in marvel, and Molecule Man and the Abstracts all agreed.

Mr Master

He said he could take out all that existed in marvel, and Molecule Man and the Abstracts all agreed.

yes

Mr Master
He doesn't have to. He says alternate alternates. The DCU Animated is a whole other Multiverse unto itself. Multiple Multiverse would be omniverse. big grin

"No more Infinite Earths, no more Alternate Universes, no more pasts and no more futures, no more duperdopes, no more anything."

Infinite Earths are within Alternate Universes.

No more pasts and no futures, if he already repeated himself in the latter perhaps it's just poetry, cause this could be the pasts and futures of the same people that are with said Infinite Earths within said Alternate Universes.

No more superdopes, again, these could easily be seen as the same superheroes that etc etc...

No more anything, ofcourse, .... in those "Infinite Earths, within Alternate Universes"

That could easily be intepreted as the same Everything, as a single Universal Eternity refers to himself and is referred to.

"I am forever"

"He who is everything"

Yet not the Omni-verse.

A Multi-verse is an Infinite number of Universes, that could be all the Alternate Timelines of that Multi-verse, but not the Omni-verse.

nvrbeenwthagirl

BUT DID HE DO IT ON PANEL? NO HE DIDNT. MXY's feats therefor Trump anything anyone else beside the Ultimator has ever done in comics. MXY wiped the pages clean of the ink. This is implying a real world power of not only the writer's but the artist. He even reached into the DCU animated and wiped that clean and some other multiverses. Beyonder is not the most powerful being in comics ever anymore. For the record, the DCU animated is a multiverse all it's own, as it has shown and been said to have multiple universes. He also wiped clean the Kingdom Come Universe. Wich held the Kingdom. Another Multiple reality. He did wipe the Omniverse away.

Mr Master
BUT DID HE DO IT ON PANEL? NO HE DIDNT.

Well, it would've happened if Molecule Man hadn't redirected his energy into the Beyond Realm, while protecting the Multi-verse (all of Marvel) from being erased, the Beyond Realm became an Infinite Universe, Quintillion times greater than the one and only Marvel Multi-verse, and everything was the Beyonder.

MXY wiped the pages clean of the ink. This is implying a real world power of not only the writer's but the artist.

This is how evrey page looks when it's erased from existence.

Mxy isn't the first to turn a page White.

He even reached into the DCU animated and wiped that clean and some other multiverses.

The scan doesn't say that.

Beyonder is not the most powerful being in comics ever anymore.

For the record, the DCU animated is a multiverse all it's own, as it has shown and been said to have multiple universes. He also wiped clean the Kingdom Come Universe. Wich held the Kingdom. Another Multiple reality.
He did wipe the Omniverse away.

It doesn't say any of that, so we can't say he erased a DC equivalent omni-verse.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well, it would've happened if Molecule Man hadn't redirected his energy into the Beyond Realm, while protecting the Multi-verse (all of Marvel) from being erased, the Beyond Realm became an Infinite Universe, Quintillion times greater than one and Marvel Multi-verse, and everything was the Beyonder.

This is how evey page looks when it's erased from existence.

Mxy isn't the first to turn a page White.

The scan doesn't say that.

It doesn't say any of that, so we can't say he erased a DC equivalent omni-verse.

There you go being a hippocrit. How many times have you said smething was multiversal when the page says universal. Your doing it again cuz you know i'm right. First of, if wishes were fishes. The beyonder didn't destroy the multiverse. plain and simple. Your talking about what he would have done but you deny that parallax would have remade the universe. Your double standard is amazing and apparent. Also, if you read that entire story you would know that they showed the pages with the ink running off of them. Thanks. I knwo what i'm talking about, he had the power of the writers and the artist. also, he was shown on another page destroying the DCU animated multiverse and other multiverses. What do you call multiple multiverses? The omniverse right?

Mr Master
There you go being a hippocrit.

If your going to continue with this crap, you will be ignored.

How many times have you said smething was multiversal when the page says universal. Your doing it again cuz you know i'm right. First of, if wishes were fishes.

What do you want me to say?

It doesn't say Omni-verse or even Multi-verse.

The beyonder didn't destroy the multiverse. plain and simple. Your talking about what he would have done

Beyonder was the Multi-verse, and Beyonder was everything outside the Multi-verse.

That Multi-verse was the equivalent of an Omni-verse, since it was all of Marvel.

And in the end, he created a Universe that was an ocean, compared to Marvel's drop of Water.

but you deny that parallax would have remade the universe. Your double standard is amazing and apparent.

When did I say Parallax couldn't remake one Universe?

Also, if you read that entire story you would know that they showed the pages with the ink running off of them. Thanks. I knwo what i'm talking about, he had the power of the writers and the artist. also, he was shown on another page destroying

a blank page is a blank page.

Galactus ERASES that UNIVERSE from existence
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/1834/13vp5.th.jpg

"And without a sound, the UNIVERSE behind them softly and suddenly VANISHES AWAY"
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/858/14xo4.th.jpg

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9989/12en0.th.jpg

the DCU animated multiverse and other multiverses.

I don't know about that.

What do you call multiple multiverses? The omniverse right?

Yea, but I don't know about Mxy.

Mrrungo Mu
Who is the Ultimator?

Bentley
Just for you to know, LT should stalemate with Specter. I also get the feeling that the Specter is somewhat weaker but I believe is due exposition, seeing more Specter than Living Tribunal makes it seem more normal and less high. People may argue than the LT is equal to Michael and not the Specter, others may say that THOTU is the real equal to Michael. I really dont know much about Michael's power and hierarchy, but I also think that LT should stalemate either the Specter or Michael, whoever is in his level.

He cant do squat against Thanos with the THOTU though.

breeze85
The order of that gauntlet is seriously misplaced and I think most of us agree with that.

What comes to Spectre then. Well, yeah, he could be equal to LT if he is completely backed up. On average, he is a WAY behind. For God's sake, compare the feats of the two.

Galan007
1.Eternity
2.Kismet
3.Multi-Eternity
4.The Anti-Monitor
5.The Spectre
6.Abraxas
7.Pre Retconned Beyonder
8.Mr. Mxy
9.The Ultimator

I can't really tell if Abraxas is stronger than the spectre, but if he beat the LT, then he would count in book. Where on this list does the LT stop? 2nd most powerful being in marvel comics? This list is some what out of order....

As far as feats:

LT>Spectre

However, LT is stopped dead in his tracks at #7, there is no way he is making it past Beyonder.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Every one is saying the list is out of order, but in all honesty it's not. People just chose not to accept it. Going by position and power, this list is accurate. For christ sakes, some people haven't even read the world's funnest and are trying to tell me about what mxy did and what multiverses he destroyed. As far as the Spectre Goes, he is equal to the LT. Period. They have been shown as equals.

Galan007
Every one is saying the list is out of order, but in all honesty it's not.My only problem with it is that
Spectre>Abraxas

For christ sakes, some people haven't even read the world's funnest and are trying to tell me about what mxy did and what multiverses he destroyed.Meh, I can post scans if i have to....... Mxy destroyed several alternate universes/dimensions...

As far as the Spectre Goes, he is equal to the LT. Period. They have been shown as equals. But in all honesty LT does have more high showings then Spectre, thats why I said LT would get past Spectre.

Darth_Erebus
1.Eternity
2.Kismet
3.Multi-Eternity
4.The Anti-Monitor
5.The Spectre
6.Abraxas
7.Pre Retconned Beyonder
8.Mr. Mxy
9.The Ultimator

LT stops at 7 but could defeat 8 and 9.

Priest
No he shouldn't. Mxy has done far more on panel via world's funnest than pre ret ever did. and the ultimator is vastly superior to mxy. No one is superior to the power of God. Not even the pre ret beyonder. He's in the right place im sure of it.
non cannon

celestialdemon
How was this Ultimator character finally defeated?

Galan007
Originally posted by celestialdemon
How was this Ultimator character finally defeated? Mxy took him to Morpheus (the dream lord) which was in a different comic, and Ultimator was so board that he fell asleep for all of eternity...... and Mxy sealed Ultimator in this comic using plastic wrap laughing out loud

golem370
Wolverine would so beat Mxy

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Galan007
Mxy took him to Morpheus (the dream lord) which was in a different comic, and Ultimator was so board that he fell asleep for all of eternity...... and Mxy sealed Ultimator in this comic using plastic wrap laughing out loud

What the f**k? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This is a super-powerful being that supposed to defeat the LT? No way.

Galan007
What the f**k? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This is a super-powerful being that supposed to defeat the LT? No way. Well Ultimator was the accumulation of EVERYTHING in existance, without him there would be NOTHING..

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9196/mxypage04nf0.th.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/7759/mxypage06tt1.th.jpg

King Kandy
What the f**k? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This is a super-powerful being that supposed to defeat the LT? No way.
I think he was joking.

Galan007
I think he was joking. Me?

King Kandy
Me?
Yes, you.

Galan007
Yes, you. Nope, thats really how it ended

King Kandy
Nope, thats really how it ended
Scans?

Galan007
Scans? Give me about 10 mins

King Kandy
okay.

Galan007
Ok, Ultimator was taken to the Dream Lords realm where he actually fell asleep for the rest of Eternity, because the Dream Lord is so damn boring:
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7656/mx1ao4.th.jpg

Mxy then sealed that comic in plastic wrap so Ultimator could never escape:
This scan wont load right now, but why would I lie?

But lets not forget these scans as well...... Ultimator was EVERYTHING, without him there would be NOTHING:

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9196/mxypage04nf0.th.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/7759/mxypage06tt1.th.jpg

Like all Mxy comics it's very silly, but enjoyable for me none the less..

King Kandy
Man...

Jab at Gaiman there.

Galan007
Man...

Jab at Gaiman there. For sure...

King Kandy
Try and get the plastic rap scan up...

Galan007
Try and get the plastic rap scan up... Here it finally came up!

After Ultimator fell asleep, Mxy sealed the comic that Dream Lord/Ultimator were in with triple strength mint seals laughing out loud
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3412/mx2mm8.th.jpg

King Kandy
Wow.

I have a hard time believing Ultimator is so tough after that...

Galan007
Wow.

I have a hard time believing Ultimator is so tough after that... As far as feats go, all we have are his claims of being everything in existance, so who knows?

Thanos_THOTU
1.Eternity -- LT
2.Kismet -- LT
3.Multi-Eternity -- LT
4.The Anti-Monitor -- LT
5.The Spectre -- LT
6.Abraxas -- LT
7.Pre Retconned Beyonder - Beyonder
8.Mr. Mxy -- LT
9.The Ultimator -- LT
10.Thanos Heart of the Universe -the power of TOAA -- Thanos had control over one universe, but in thst universe he had more control than LT -- Impossible to tell
11.Michael- THE power of the presence (vertigo) -- LT is omniscient, like Lucifer and Michael combinded if not better?
12.The Source -the power of the presence(DCU) and the source is a sentient being for those who tried to say it isn't. It did soundly deny the Spectre's destruction of DS. -- TOAA > LT -- EF > Presence -- LT = Presence (Or full power Spectre)

Thanos_THOTU
Every one is saying the list is out of order, but in all honesty it's not. People just chose not to accept it. Going by position and power, this list is accurate. For christ sakes, some people haven't even read the world's funnest and are trying to tell me about what mxy did and what multiverses he destroyed. As far as the Spectre Goes, he is equal to the LT. Period. They have been shown as equals.
World funnest = non canon.
Because if he did destroy (as he claimed) every universe, time-line and dimension. He would destroy Ultimator, which would put him above Ultimator ...

Galan007
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
World funnest = non canon.
Because if he did destroy (as he claimed) every universe, time-line and dimension. He would destroy Ultimator, which would put him above Ultimator ... Nope, because Mxy and Bat-Mite were still alive, so Ultimator would be alive as well.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Priest
non cannon

Your wrong, it is cannon, we have already established this. try again.

Thanos_THOTU
Nope, because Mxy and Bat-Mite were still alive, so Ultimator would be alive as well.
Well Mxyztplk could have killed Bat-mite and than himself and then destroyed himself and that would make it:
Mxyztplk = Ultimator

Did it say that Ultimator was all the beings in the DCU as well?

Galan007
Well Mxyztplk could have killed Bat-mite and than himself and then destroyed himself and that would make it:
Mxyztplk = Ultimator Right, but he didn't do that in the comic, so he technically didn't kill Ultimator.

Did it say that Ultimator was all the beings in the DCU as well? Ultimator is EVERYTHING in existance, without him there would be NOTHING.

If he were to be killed nothing would exist, so in a way he would make up even the beings of the DCU.

Thanos_THOTU
Right, but he didn't do that in the comic, so he technically didn't kill Ultimator.

Ultimator is EVERYTHING in existance, without him there would be NOTHING.

If he were to be killed nothing would exist so in a way he would make up even the beings of the DCU.
The fact that he could kill himself remains ...
If Mxy could destroy all as a tuersday hobby he would be able to kill Ultimator any time ...

Just b destroying everything, and then he and ultimator would be the same, because if ultimator kills him he dies as well.

Galan007
The fact that he could kill himself remains ...
If Mxy could destroy all as a tuersday hobby he would be able to kill Ultimator any time ...

Just b destroying everything, and then he and ultimator would be the same, because if ultimator kills him he dies as well. Right, but that would only work if Mxy and Ultimator were the only ones left in existance, and Mxy has already shown that he is no match for Ultimator one on one.

Ultimator>Mxy

BobbyD
Ladanian Tomlinson clears this easily....never touch him with all the juking and jiving he does. So does Lawrence Taylor....bring a can of sacking whoop ass on all these goofs. They both stop at 11 for sure. wink

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by BobbyD
Ladanian Tomlinson clears this easily....never touch him with all the juking and jiving he does. So does Lawrence Taylor....bring a can of sacking whoop ass on all these goofs. They both stop at 11 for sure. wink laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
It just occured to me that the LT is not above the spectre and is certainly not a match for Michael or the Presence nor Thanos with the Heart of the U. Since they are all technically the power of God. The LT should stop at the Spectre.

Thanos_THOTU
It just occured to me that the LT is not above the spectre and is certainly not a match for Michael or the Presence nor Thanos with the Heart of the U. Since they are all technically the power of God. The LT should stop at the Spectre.
Living Tribunal = Full power Spectre (merged with the Presence)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Living Tribunal = Full power Spectre (merged with the Presence)

Um no, just no. You are rediculous. Just rediculous. Accept it. Micheal and the Source are both ABOVE the LT as they are the source of God's power. Just as Thanos was above the LT when he had the heart. The next most powerful being after Michael and The Source who is a force for Good is The Spectre. The Spectre is The LT's equal. This guantlet is really showing me how people are not thinking about the characters and thier powers and roles, but more about who they want to be what.

juggernaut66666
Um no, just no. You are rediculous. Just rediculous.
But the Eternal Forces!!!!!!!!!!! laughing laughing laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
One more thing kiddies. This one is really going to bake ur noodle. The LT has no power outside the Marvel Multiverse. beings like Rune used the IG. I dont' know if the LT has self imposed limits or what. But he didn't stop Rune from Uniting the IG. The Spectre traverses at least Two Multiverses. The Earth One Multiverse and the Vertigo Multiverse. So is the LT really more powerful than the Spectre? I'll try and see if I can find evidence of the Spectre in other Multiverses such as the Kingdom and the DCU animated.

Galan007
One more thing kiddies. This one is really going to bake ur noodle. The LT has no power outside the Marvel Multiverse. beings like Rune used the IG. I dont' know if the LT has self imposed limits or what. But he didn't stop Rune from Uniting the IG. The Spectre traverses at least Two Multiverses. The Earth One Multiverse and the Vertigo Multiverse. So is the LT really more powerful than the Spectre? I'll try and see if I can find evidence of the Spectre in other Multiverses such as the Kingdom and the DCU animated. Spectre was in Kingdom come for sure, and thats elseworlds

Mr Master
One more thing kiddies. This one is really going to bake ur noodle. The LT has no power outside the Marvel Multiverse. beings like Rune used the IG. I dont' know if the LT has self imposed limits or what. But he didn't stop Rune from Uniting the IG. The Spectre traverses at least Two Multiverses. The Earth One Multiverse and the Vertigo Multiverse. So is the LT really more powerful than the Spectre? I'll try and see if I can find evidence of the Spectre in other Multiverses such as the Kingdom and the DCU animated.

Don't the jump the gun cause of what I just posted.

The Living Tribunal imposed THAT decree in only One Multi-verse, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have jurisdiction everywhere.

The Living Tribunal operates with protocol.

LT does consider the 616 Multi-verse above others, in the end of the series he tells Surfer if Rune were to form the IG in Rune's Multi-verse,

"Such an event would signal the demise of his Universe and perhaps our own as well"

LT is just being sensible, he knows he's the most powerful being, so anything he can't control, is TOAA's plan, just like in the Thanos & the Heart of the Infinite feat.

So LT knowing that the 616 IG can take down Multi-verses, is saying to himself, if this is being allowed by TOAA, (the IG to be formed) then so be it.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
But the Eternal Forces!!!!!!!!!!! laughing laughing laughing
"External" ... Are you trying to mock me? -- Such a fanboy, cannot even accept that the Presence is not #1 anymore ...
TOAA is the writer/editor outside the fictional-verse, so basicly in the fictional verse the Living Tribunal is #1.
EF is the writer/editor of DC (or maybe a fictional being, who knows?) and superior to he Presence ...
... Deluded fanboy ... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galan007
is the writer/editor of DC (or maybe a fictional being, who knows?) and superior to he Presence ...
... Deluded fanboy ... roll eyes (sarcastic) You have been very snappy towards people lately roll eyes (sarcastic)

and FYI the Supreme Being of DC (the writer/publisher) HAS been seen as a fictional character:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/4725/manofsteel75p21iw1.th.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
"External" ... Are you trying to mock me? -- Such a fanboy, cannot even accept that the Presence is not #1 anymore ...
TOAA is the writer/editor outside the fictional-verse, so basicly in the fictional verse the Living Tribunal is #1.
EF is the writer/editor of DC (or maybe a fictional being, who knows?) and superior to he Presence ...
... Deluded fanboy ... roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Presence of Vertigo is said to be shaped by external forces. But He said in the same sentence that he was the Number one. Any way, How does the LT stack up against the Source? Not well at all. Nor does he do well against Mxy. and since Mxy is below the presence, the presence of DC or Vertigo would have to still be equal to TOAA.

King Kandy
The Presence of Vertigo is said to be shaped by external forces. But He said in the same sentence that he was the Number one. Any way, How does the LT stack up against the Source? Not well at all. Nor does he do well against Mxy. and since Mxy is below the presence, the presence of DC or Vertigo would have to still be equal to TOAA.
Don't fall for his tricks.

The "Externals" are made up.

Thanos_THOTU lacks the brains to realize that the external forces are the DC staff.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Don't fall for his tricks.

The "Externals" are made up.

Thanos_THOTU lacks the brains to realize that the external forces are the DC staff.

We all know that. It only goes to show how truly omnipotent the Presence is.

Bentley
Thanos with THOTU is the strongest marvel entity of Marvel as Michael is the strongest entity of DC; the LT is at best second in rank, so stop the Specter bashing.

The Specter full potential is as strong as the LT, but I still think that the Tribunal is more parallel to Micheal than to the Specter; this doesnt change the fact that The Specter can stalemate him. As someone put it in other thread: "If Michael somehow rebelled against god, who would be sent to beat him?" That would be the Specter, because with the full power of god behind him, he is THAT strong.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Bentley
Thanos with THOTU is the strongest marvel entity of Marvel as Michael is the strongest entity of DC; the LT is at best second in rank, so stop the Specter bashing.

The Specter full potential is as strong as the LT, but I still think that the Tribunal is more parallel to Micheal than to the Specter; this doesnt change the fact that The Specter can stalemate him. As someone put it in other thread: "If Michael somehow rebelled against god, who would be sent to beat him?" That would be the Specter, because with the full power of god behind him, he is THAT strong.
Agreed except the the LT is not equal to Micheal. He does have better showings than the Spectre. But Spectre's Top showings Trump the LT's. The LT has problems with Multiversal collapsor beings. The Spectre kicks thier asses.

Mr Master
But Spectre's Top showings Trump the LT's. The LT has problems with Multiversal collapsor beings.

Which beings?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Which beings?

HOw does the LT do against beings like the beyonder? thanos with THOTU, Abraxas

Mr Master
HOw does the LT do against beings like the beyonder? thanos with THOTU, Abraxas

Well he never fought the Beyonder, but it seemed everyone was afraid of the Beyonder.

The Beyonder erased Multi-Death, potentially unbalancing the Multi-verse where everything would have collapsed, and LT did nothing.

The Beyonder has the greatest showings ever, he took over Marvel, how can you top that.

leonidas
The Beyonder erased Multi-Death, potentially unbalancing the Multi-verse where everything would have collapsed, and LT did nothing.

maybe lt just said to himself: "well, if beyonder destroys multi-death and upsets the balance of the multiverse, maybe it's just being allowed by toaa so . . . so be it!"

big grin

Mr Master
Originally posted by leonidas
maybe lt just said to himself: "well, if beyonder destroys multi-death and upsets the balance of the multiverse, maybe it's just being allowed by toaa so . . . so be it!"

big grin

Difference is he acted when Rune formed the Gauntlet, he sent Surfer to handle it, and LT had previously demonstrated superiority to the Gauntlet. (Warlock incident)

In the Beyonder's case, LT did nada.

And all of Marvel was at stake.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well he never fought the Beyonder, but it seemed everyone was afraid of the Beyonder.

The Beyonder has the greatest showings ever, he took over Marvel, how can you top that.

You can top it by Erasing The DCU multiverse, The DCU animated Multiverse and then The Vertigo. He's topped by mxy.

darthgoober
1.The Anti-Monitor
2.Kismet
3.Eternity
4.Multi-Eternity
5. Abraxas
6.The Spectre
7.Mr. Mxy
8.The Ultimator Pre Retconned Beyonder (these two are probably tied)
9.Michael- THE power of the presence (vertigo)
11.The Source -the power of the presence(DCU) and the source is a sentient being for those who tried to say it isn't. It did soundly deny the Spectre's destruction of DS.

Fixed the list. And he gets to 8.

King Kandy
You can top it by Erasing The DCU multiverse, The DCU animated Multiverse and then The Vertigo. He's topped by mxy.
And yet Ultimator tops him, and ultimator is topped by Mrbius the Zzzandman...

Starhawk
Stops at 5, it was stated in marvel/DC he is the Spectres counterpart.

Starhawk
Protege was stronger then him.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Starhawk
Stops at 5, it was stated in marvel/DC he is the Spectres counterpart.
Non cannon.

PIS

guy222
There is only one person more powerful than the Living Tribunal and that is The One Above All(God). He does run the gauntlet with ease. He can do anything, he is ommipotent

Starhawk
Originally posted by darthgoober
Non cannon.

PIS

It was not PIS, It was Protege's power.

darthgoober
It was not PIS, It was Protege's power.
It was undeniably PIS, for the simple reason that LT had to borrow power from a Celestial to be the kid. It's no different from the PIS involved the battle between the Spectre and the Anti Monitor.

Starhawk
Protege's power works even on the LT.

It was not something invented for that one issue, it was how his power always worked. Therefore not PIS.

darthgoober
Protege's power works even on the LT.

It was not something invented for that one issue, it was how his power always worked. Therefore not PIS.
The fact that he needed the power of a Celestial(who are nothing to LT) proves that it was PIS. Get over it.

Starhawk
The fact that he needed the power of a Celestial(who are nothing to LT) proves that it was PIS. Get over it.

No it's the nature of Protege's power to gain other powers, evne the LT.

It always has been therefore isn't PIS.

darthgoober
No it's the nature of Protege's power to gain other powers, evne the LT.

It always has been therefore isn't PIS.
That all would be true if not for the involvment of the Celestial. That pretty much f*cks up the whole showing.

Starhawk
No it doesnt adn i just read over the issue and I see nothing that the celestial did to help him. He simply used his power to gain the LT's power. It's far from PIS.

darthgoober
No it doesnt adn i just read over the issue and I see nothing that the celestial did to help him. He simply used his power to gain the LT's power. It's far from PIS.
What issue is it?

Starhawk
48-51# covers at all.

darthgoober
Ok what kind of crack are you smoking? The Celestial is the one who actully shut Protege up. Look...

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9396/guardiansofthegalaxy502jy9.th.jpg
See, the Celestial is the one who encased him in that energy muzzle.

And actually the point is moot, because LT in the one who ended up taking Protege down.
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/522/guardiansofthegalaxy503xq7.th.jpg

So there's NO WAY Protege has more power than LT.

guy222
I disagree with some of the postings regarding the Living Tribunal running the gauntlet. The Beyonder will remain the most controversial character because one wanted to make him the most powerful being, that didn't happen. I believe it was stated in Secret Wars that when he killed Death and defeated the Celestials, it was all an illusion by the Great Powers to study him. Owen Reece, Shaper of Worlds, Beyonder and Kubik are all cosmic cubes. They are not ommipotent. The Beyonders(maybe the same as the Infinites) were allowed by the Living Tribunal to enter or watch Earth meaning the Tribunal is also more powerful than them. Who is Archangel Micheal?
I do have a comic which shows the Tribunal and the Spectre summoning the 'Brothers' to start the next cycle. I do believe the Spectre is less powerful than the Tribunal becuase he had a hard time with the Anti-Monitor. In regards to the non-canon heart of the infinite(universe), Thanos only defeated an M-body of the Tribunal. An M-body contains a fraction of the Tribunal's power. To me, when The One Above All(Stan Lee or Jack Kirby) created the Living Tribunal, he made him Marvel's most powerful being

Starhawk
If you read the issue LT says when you reach his level power is no longer a factor. Hence they were equal, Protege just didn't have experiance with his power.

darthgoober
If you read the issue LT says when you reach his level power is no longer a factor. Hence they were equal, Protege just didn't have experiance with his power.
Really, cause that's not what you said here...

So first you say Protege was STRONGER than LT, and NOW you say that they were equal? Also, the fact that LT could take him down proves he was more powerful overall. Even IF they were equal in power, LT also possesses omniscience while Protege doesn't. Hence, LT wins in a fight between the two. Period.

Starhawk
As the LT said its not about power once you reach his level, read the comic.

Protege didn't have the knowledge LT does. Thats what decided it.

But Protege could tkae Squirrl Girl, does anyoen have a profile on her?

darthgoober
As the LT said its not about power once you reach his level, read the comic.

Protege didn't have the knowledge LT does. Thats what decided it.

But Protege could tkae Squirrl Girl, does anyoen have a profile on her?
Well then she WASN'T more powerful than he was(which is what you originally claimed). He's omniscient and she's not. Therefor, LT wins in a battle between the two. For that matter, that Celestial could take the kid too. Face it, Protege just ain't all that and a bag of chips like you were trying to say.

Starhawk
Well then she WASN'T more powerful than he was(which is what you originally claimed). He's omniscient and she's not. Therefor, LT wins in a battle between the two. For that matter, that Celestial could take the kid too. Face it, Protege just ain't all that and a bag of chips like you were trying to say.

Its a he actually and yes he is. If he had time to adapt to having LT's power then it would've been a different story.

darthgoober
Its a he actually and yes he is. If he had time to adapt to having LT's power then it would've been a different story.
Speculation.

You didn't say that he had the potential to be more powerful, you said that he WAS more powerful

Starhawk
And I spoke too soon. I shouldve been clearer with what I ment.

darthgoober
And I spoke too soon. I shouldve been clearer with what I ment.
That's cool, it happens to the best of us.

Starhawk
That's cool, it happens to the best of us.

Wow, that's really decent of you. Nice to see there's a logical mature person on these fourms.

darthgoober
Wow, that's really decent of you. Nice to see there's a logical mature person on these fourms.
I try...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by guy222
I disagree with some of the postings regarding the Living Tribunal running the gauntlet. The Beyonder will remain the most controversial character because one wanted to make him the most powerful being, that didn't happen. I believe it was stated in Secret Wars that when he killed Death and defeated the Celestials, it was all an illusion by the Great Powers to study him. Owen Reece, Shaper of Worlds, Beyonder and Kubik are all cosmic cubes. They are not ommipotent. The Beyonders(maybe the same as the Infinites) were allowed by the Living Tribunal to enter or watch Earth meaning the Tribunal is also more powerful than them. Who is Archangel Micheal?
I do have a comic which shows the Tribunal and the Spectre summoning the 'Brothers' to start the next cycle. I do believe the Spectre is less powerful than the Tribunal becuase he had a hard time with the Anti-Monitor. In regards to the non-canon heart of the infinite(universe), Thanos only defeated an M-body of the Tribunal. An M-body contains a fraction of the Tribunal's power. To me, when The One Above All(Stan Lee or Jack Kirby) created the Living Tribunal, he made him Marvel's most powerful being

The Spectre was also able to manage to Hurt Micheal in a head to head fight. Michael is equal to The Heart of the Universe. The LT is nothing compared to this power. So based on showings, The Spectre is a match for the LT.

King Kandy
The Spectre was also able to manage to Hurt Micheal in a head to head fight. Michael is equal to The Heart of the Universe. The LT is nothing compared to this power. So based on showings, The Spectre is a match for the LT.
Actualy, some might take being hurt by Spectre as evidence that Michael is NOT equal to THOTU...

darthgoober
Wait, I thought that DC/Vertigo crossover's weren't cannon in DC, or something like that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Actualy, some might take being hurt by Spectre as evidence that Michael is NOT equal to THOTU...

Those people might be the same people who tend to look at certain characters thru a stained glass in order for thier favorite characters to look good. The POwer of God=the power of God. Now if the Spectre is the Wrath of God, He for damn sure is hella powerful, no matter what people try to say so that thier favorite companies uber character remains in a good light.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wait, I thought that DC/Vertigo crossover's weren't cannon in DC, or something like that.

Um no. Vertigo is cannon for vertigo, and DC is cannon for DC. But Some characters can traverse the universes and they are cannon. Sandman is still sandman in vertigo or DC. The Spectre is still the Spectre. Only in the DC, the Source is the power of God. In vertigo, it's michael.

darthgoober
Um no. Vertigo is cannon for vertigo, and DC is cannon for DC. But Some characters can traverse the universes and they are cannon. Sandman is still sandman in vertigo or DC. The Spectre is still the Spectre. Only in the DC, the Source is the power of God. In vertigo, it's michael.
That sounds a little confusing and hazy to use the Spectre/Michael thing as a solid feat. If nothing else it should be considered PIS, for the simple fact that hurting a being who has all the power of the Source shouldn't be possible for the Spectre.

nvrbeenwthagirl
That sounds a little confusing and hazy to use the Spectre/Michael thing as a solid feat. If nothing else it should be considered PIS, for the simple fact that hurting a being who has all the power of the Source shouldn't be possible for the Spectre.

Considering that the Spectre is the Wrath of God, I don't consider it PIS. Unless you know another Wrath of God in comics we can compare. I remember the Wrath of God being a terrible and mighty thing. HE still lost against Micheal, but it is a good showing none the less. I've seen to much Spectre hateration around here lately as people try to make him under the LT. And then They turn around and try to put the LT on the same lvl as Micheal when he's clearly not.

darthgoober
Considering that the Spectre is the Wrath of God, I don't consider it PIS. Unless you know another Wrath of God in comics we can compare. I remember the Wrath of God being a terrible and mighty thing. HE still lost against Micheal, but it is a good showing none the less. I've seen to much Spectre hateration around here lately as people try to make him under the LT. And then They turn around and try to put the LT on the same lvl as Micheal when he's clearly not.
I never said that LT was on Micheal's level. He shouldn't be more than likely(not that familiar with the character). However, it's not right for Spectre to hurt someone as powerful as his boss, that doesn't even make sense. That would be like LT actually hurting someone with the HOTU.

Bentley
The thing is, the power between the Specter, Michael and the LT is shown here as a paradox. Fully backed up with god's power, the Specter can take Michael, thats paradoxial by itself, but its understood to some level given than god kicks Michael's ass despite the power thing (many other factors make him superior).

If the LT can stalemate a Specter going all out, it would be implied that he at least stalemates Michael. But it seems it cant be that way, simply because Michael should be like THOTH, and wipe the LT without a problem.

It rests in the Specter, never being able to take Michael and to move from that, otherwise there are contradictions.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I never said that LT was on Micheal's level. He shouldn't be more than likely(not that familiar with the character). However, it's not right for Spectre to hurt someone as powerful as his boss, that doesn't even make sense. That would be like LT actually hurting someone with the HOTU.

The LT is not a warrior. He seems more like a punk to me. In an actual Battle, The Spectre would likely kick the LT's ass just becuz the Spectre knows how to get down and throw down like the wrath of GOD. With that being said, it doesn't surprise me that the Spectre would actually put up a decent fight against the Power of God. He is after all, the Wrath of God. he wouldn't go down easy.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The thing is, the power between the Specter, Michael and the LT is shown here as a paradox. Fully backed up with god's power, the Specter can take Michael, thats paradoxial by itself, but its understood to some level given than god kicks Michael's ass despite the power thing (many other factors make him superior).

If the LT can stalemate a Specter going all out, it would be implied that he at least stalemates Michael. But it seems it cant be that way, simply because Michael should be like THOTH, and wipe the LT without a problem.

It rests in the Specter, never being able to take Michael and to move from that, otherwise there are contradictions.

THe Spectre can only take Michael if God sends the Spectre after Michael. If that being the case, Michael would be out of the graces of God and not Fully powered anymore. The Spectre wouldn't need a boost in power once Michael falls out of God's Grace. All things considered, if both beings are in Full grace Michael wins out.

Bentley
I dont see how the fact that the Living Tibunal acts like a god and the Specter acts like a viking helps to dissect who is stronger.

Galan007
I never said that LT was on Micheal's level. He shouldn't be more than likely(not that familiar with the character). However, it's not right for Spectre to hurt someone as powerful as his boss, that doesn't even make sense. That would be like LT actually hurting someone with the HOTU. Realistically the only way Spectre could harm Michael is if Michael fell from God's graces, which would mean the majority of his power would be stripped away, and Spectre would have to be at his "full power" (i.e. he would have to be one with the source itself).

Because like I have said before:

God's Power (Michael)>>God's Wrath (Spectre)

Bentley
Well, then, who argues against the LT stalemating Specter?

What is Michael's job? What does he do as the power of god?

nvrbeenwthagirl

What is Michael's job? What does he do as the power of god?

The best person to ask is Galan. I'm just now really digging deep into that area of DC mythos. Trying to figure out the hierarchy of DC beings.

Galan007

What is Michael's job? What does he do as the power of god? LT and Spectre have been shown as equals numerous times on pannel.
*see the Amalgam Brothers respect thread under my sig*

And Michael has effortlessly beaten Spectre in the past on pannel

Bentley
Yeah, that much I know, but I was wondering what was Michael's "work", the LT keeps the universe safe, the Specter is god's weapon against the wicked. What about Michael?

Galan007
Yeah, that much I know, but I was wondering what was Michael's "work", the LT keeps the universe safe, the Specter is god's weapon against the wicked. What about Michael? Michael dosent have a set task like Spectre does...

Michael is pretty much a permanent resident of the Silver City, and he really dosent get involved in mortal affairs... He enforces God's word.

The only time Michael really has gotten involved was during the war(s) in Heaven, and during the first war he beat the entire host single handedly.

Juntai
Part of the confusion is that Spectre doesn't per-say have a boss, and does, at once. He's not merely some worker for God, the character is actually a soul bonded to God, but must still follow the rules of The Word/The Presence. Micheal is another part of God.

Spectre acts as Gods Wrath and judge of all the realities... Micheal pretty much acts as the keeper and enforcer of Gods word, whatever it may be. The times they have conflicted, Micheal was acting in the interest of Gods Word, and Spectre or it's host, were not. And thus, Spectre was defeated.

However, it's not effortless for Micheal to battle Spectre. They usually go the distance. Even when Spectre is acting AGAINST the Word.
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/8840/spectre19931013bj3.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
So i'm trying to figure out just when did people get the idea that the LT can beat the Spectre when the Spectre can actually fight, and throw down with likes of Michael, the very embodiment of God's power? Are there any cannonical Marvel Entities that equal Michael and the Source?

Bentley
TOAA is the top notch in marvel, followed by the LT.

Galan007
So i'm trying to figure out just when did people get the idea that the LT can beat the Spectre when the Spectre can actually fight, and throw down with likes of Michael, the very embodiment of God's power? Are there any cannonical Marvel Entities that equal Michael and the Source? LT could fight Michael as well, but would more then likely fall (just as Spectre did).

If Michael is in God's graces he should for all intents and purposes be equal to THOTU.

Galan007
TOAA is the top notch in marvel, followed by the LT. Yes

Juntai
LT is hard to judge, he is clearly in the upper hierarchy in Marvel, but has little in terms of feats or combat situations. Spectre has soloed or appeared in hundreds of issues, and his very character base leads him into situations to perform amazing things or fight or destroy.

They however hold pretty much the same position.

nvrbeenwthagirl
TOAA is the top notch in marvel, followed by the LT.
Basically, there is no Marvel Counter Part for Michael or the Source unless you count the THOTU

I watch Pokemon
Originally posted by Juntai
However, it's not effortless for Micheal to battle Spectre. They usually go the distance. Even when Spectre is acting AGAINST the Word.

It seemed like Michael beat him effortlessly. confused

Originally posted by Skeets
Quick fight with Micheal.

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/7788/spectre19931012if7.jpg
http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/5512/spectre19931016al6.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
It seemed like Michael beat him effortlessly. confused

That is why Michael is holding his neck in pain?

Galan007
Basically, there is no Marvel Counter Part for Michael or the Source unless you count the THOTU Correct.

No one in Marvel has the power of God/TOAA (except THOTU of course).Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
That is why Michael is holding his neck in pain? Spectre was a formidable foe for Michael, but I would also say that Spectre was easily beaten

nvrbeenwthagirl
Correct.

No one in Marvel has the power of God/TOAA (except THOTU of course). Spectre was a formidable foe for Michael, but I would also say that Spectre was easily beaten

HMM, It seems that many people's conception that DC's Cosmics are lacking and underpowered may be due to lack of information. Looking at the evidence, It would suggest, that DC actually has MORE top tier Cosmics.

I watch Pokemon
That is why Michael is holding his neck in pain? Michael is still standing, while Spectre is down, all after just one attack. Spectre managed to hurt Michael a little, doesn't mean he put up a good fight.

“I dare not destroy you outright”

Sounds like Michael was holding back as well.

Juntai
It seemed like Michael beat him effortlessly. confused Not quite, when he's speaking of how great a foe he is, and he's hunched over and dropped his weapons. And in it's clear that Micheal was on the defensive in the combat.

That is also not their only fight in history. Micheal and Spectre go way back.

The odd thing about the story is that Spectre couldn't enter heaven, and battled Micheal to get in, and lost, then went to Heaven and went in anyways an issue or two later.

The Word needed Spectre elsewhere, and thus Micheal sent him on his way.

Galan007
HMM, It seems that many people's conception that DC's Cosmics are lacking and underpowered may be due to lack of information. Looking at the evidence, It would suggest, that DC actually has MORE top tier Cosmics. I wouldn't say that DC has more cosmics per say, because Marvel puts much more emphasis on their cosmics.

But as far as the higher level cosmics go, Michael is really the only "cosmic" in DC that is more powerful then the Marvel cosmics. (unless THOTU counts)

Juntai
Michael is still standing, while Spectre is down, all after just one attack. Spectre managed to hurt Michael a little, doesn't mean he put up a good fight.

“I dare not destroy you outright”

Sounds like Michael was holding back as well. The dare not destroy you outright doesn't seem as if he was speaking of them in the battle, but rather his defeated form.

If I knocked you unconscious with a bat, it would be pretty easy to finish the job if I saw fit, while you lay on the floor.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Not quite, when he's speaking of how great a foe he is, and he's hunched over and dropped his weapons. And in it's clear that Micheal was on the defensive in the combat.

That is also not their only fight in history. Micheal and Spectre go way back.

The odd thing about the story is that Spectre couldn't enter heaven, and battled Micheal to get in, and lost, then went to Heaven and went in anyways an issue or two later.

The Word needed Spectre elsewhere, and thus Micheal sent him on his way.

The Word is another great Character. From what I could find on it, it's like the Super Multiversal Guardian or something like that. Can you tell me some stories I can find on him.

Juntai
The Word is another great Character. From what I could find on it, it's like the Super Multiversal Guardian or something like that. Can you tell me some stories I can find on him. The Word is God.

Galan007
The dare not destroy you outright doesn't seem as if he was speaking of them in the battle, but rather his defeated form. The reason Michael didnt destroy Spectre is because he is needed in the great scheme of things, obviously the Word has a greater plan for him.

Juntai
The reason Michael didnt destroy Spectre is because he is needed in the great scheme of things, obviously the Word has a greater plan for him. Obviously, but that has little impact on what I was saying.

Galan007
Obviously, but that has little impact on what I was saying. Im just saying, thats the reason Michael didnt outright kill Spectre. He was needed.

It wasn't really because Spectre was KO'd already.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Word is God.

Form what I have read, it's an aspect.

Juntai
Form what I have read, it's an aspect. Depends on if you're counting Vertigo as canon, in DC, Word is another name for God, in Lucifer, it was just an aspect of Yahweh. However Lucifer is non-canon.

Juntai
Im just saying, thats the reason Michael didnt outright kill Spectre. He was needed.

It wasn't really because Spectre was KO'd already. The whole thing is faulty anyways, I don't believe for a second Micheal can destroy part of God, unless God makes it possible. Just like Micheal defeating Spectre was possible, because he did so performing the work of God. And sent him away, also performing the work of God.
Micheal entered that scene talking about how God wasn't allowing Spectre passage to heaven, and Corrigan wanted in anyways. And thus, he was denied and defeated.
Even going against Gods wishes, he was able to go rounds with Micheal, something no other characters have shown the capacity to do.
When not in Combat, Micheal treats Spectre more as a brother.

However, most of these conceptions of Heaven were thrown out of the window when volume 4 hit, and losing to Micheal was pretty much just losing to God. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Depends on if you're counting Vertigo as canon, in DC, Word is another name for God, in Lucifer, it was just an aspect of Yahweh. However Lucifer is non-canon.

What makes lucifer Non-cannon? isn't part of the Vertigo imprint?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>