Classic Spiderman with Captain America's Shield goes through gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Spiderman has always faced foes much stronger and more durable than him. While he has survived and even gotten the upperhand at times, there have been one too many close calls. Mary Jane is getting really worried and finally delivered an ultimatum: either Peter quits being Spiderman or do something about protecting himself. Spiderman doesn't want to wear a suit of armor as that would hinder his movement too much so he gets an exact duplicate of Captain America's shield, with a cool spiderman design of course. After a couple of months training, he has mastered the shield and now wields it as well as Captain America does. Good thing too, because there has been a recent outbreak of villains in NY and most of the other heroes are occupied. Spiderman and his new trusty shield set out to take on the villains!

1. Kraven

2. Morbius

3. Lizard

4. Green Goblin

5. Doctor Octopus

6. Venom (Eddie Brock)

7. Sandman

He has ONLY one week to round up these villains. Can he succeed?

masterbruce
What do you guys think?

doctorstrongbad
Yes, he can win w/o the shield. With the shield 10/10

Soljer
Six would still beat him, and there is NO way for Spiderman to beat 7 without a plot device.

DigiMark007
Am I the only one who thinks the shield would hinder him?

He dodges stuff. Period. If he has to be taking shots from people, that's not really his style, shield or not. I think eventually it would throw his rhythm off enough that he'd be in a lot of trouble with a decent number of these matches.

Soljer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Am I the only one who thinks the shield would hinder him?

He dodges stuff. Period. If he has to be taking shots from people, that's not really his style, shield or not. I think eventually it would throw his rhythm off enough that he'd be in a lot of trouble with a decent number of these matches.

I think the point of the shield is to give him a strong offensive weapon. Cap does AMAZING things with his shield as a peak human (see destroying Ultron constructs and disecting semi-trucks). The thread states that Spidey becomes as skilled with the Shield as Cap is, but pete ALSO has class ten strength, and ridiculous speed.

doctorstrongbad
The shield might help. The best bet would be for him to throw it first as an attack. Then go into the fight with his normal style.

Metalmanx
With an entire week of prep against these villians?

He clears it. His most difficult battle will be against Sandman, so he can use most of the prep to defeat him. Which he can do, as he's done so on multiple occassions.

supervenom
Venom steals the shield, then uses it for himself to become....Captain Venom!

Seriously though, I think it stops at 6.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.