If they were to make a Green Lantern film....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRAYERRUN
If they were to make a Green Lantern film, I personally would want to start from the beginning. I'm talking Hal Jordan. The question I want to ask is....who would play him? I think that Dennis Quaid could be pretty good....that is if he laid off the jokes.stick out tongue

Super Guy
Dennis Quiad? isn't he a little o.d? don't get me wrong, i like the guy, but he is a touch on the senior side...

roughrider
Dennis Quaid is 20 years too old for this role, now.

They should look at people like James Marsden or Josh Lucas.

IRTMU-Dragon
Don't start on actor debating.

But since he is black... and he has hero experience...

Wesley Snipes.
(eheheh.)

PRAYERRUN
ok so Dennis Quaid is too old now...although 5-10 years ago he probably would have been perfect. hehe well you could always go for John Cena.stick out tongue

roughrider
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
ok so Dennis Quaid is too old now...although 5-10 years ago he probably would have been perfect. hehe well you could always go for John Cena.stick out tongue

A Green Lantern doesn't need to be played by some steroid monkey. It's the ring that does all the work. A guy doesn't have to look strong.

Sabretooth
I think Jude Law would make a good Hal Jordan, Ving Rhames would make a good John Stewart, Jake Gyllenhaal should be Kyle Rayner, Ralph Fiennes would make a good Sinestro, and I agree with the Unofficial Green Lantern Corps Web Page's chioces of Courtney Cox as Carol Ferris, Patrick Stewart as Abin Sur, Brent Spiner as Tomar-Re and Arnold Schwarzenegger as Kilowog.

IRTMU-Dragon
Ben stein

Scoobless
Ed Norton

thumb up

information
Have a great promotional discount on batteries...like free movie tickets.

NoFate007
I'd like to see it cover both Hal and Kyle over a trilogy. This would of course have to alter the storylines a little bit, but that's only natural....plus I'd like to see it so that the final battle of the first film would be Sinestro vs Hal, the second film would be Parallax (Hal) vs Kyle, and the last film would include a whole army of them (including all the ones like Stewart and Gardner) fighting uh...something....and lead by Kyle (and possibly Hal).

Hypester
I wouldn't make a one-GL film for any amount of money. The GLC franchise is too big and awesome to be handicapped by centering all around one man.

For the first movie I would have Hal as the senior and John as the rookie and use them to introduce the whole GL universe... like a Sci-Fi space epic rather than "Spider-Man with a Ring." Battle Sinestro and the Manhunters. Kyle and Guy would be introduced, but not be GLs yet.

Second movie do the whole Parallax bit but have the GLC defeat Qward and some minor vilains (Kanjar Ro? Fatality? Nero? Whoever).

Third movie bring everyone on, including Alan and Jade (and of course Kyle, Guy and John) and have them with a few others (Kilowogg, Mogo, Ganthet) free Hal from Parallax and then everyone rallies to put P-Lax back in his place... booyah.

Centering on one GL too much is a horrid idea, imho.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.