Should MJ live or die in Spider-Man 3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the_satan32
Okay I hate the MJ character in the movies and so do a lot of my friends, but there are others who like her. So what do you think should she live or die. I say she dies.

doctorstrongbad
I think she should die. Gwen will be in part 4.

Doc Ock
Death.

But it's not going to happen.

Dan-El
I think it's kind of ridiculous to have this thread, as we all know that no matter what our opinion is, MJ is going to live.

the_satan32
I don't know what will happen in the movie, I made this tread to see what people think SHOULD happen.

doctorstrongbad
We can vote on it. lol

spencerspider
MJ SHOULD DIE A PAINFUL DEATH. i really dont know why i hate her so much...but i do

Ultraman Baltan
No! Are you kidding? Dude, that destroys ALL of actual continuity! They already just made Spiderman's killer someone else, ruining an entire thread of why Peter is Spiderman, and now you want them to kill MARY FRICKIN' JANE WATSON?!?!?!

the_satan32
The killer in the movie seems to be Sandman but I'm sure that it isn't as simple as it seems so let's wait for the movie and see. As for Mary Jane I always thoght that she's useless and boring and anoying so death seems like a perfect way to get Spider-Man with someone else like Gwen (it seems right considering that she was killed of in the comic because Peter was to young to get married). I think it's dumb idea to get him together with someone who doesn't at all seem his type.

spencerspider
she wont die more than likely, but i really want her to. the only ones i see dying r venom, harry, and maybe sandman

the_satan32
Well ofcourse the bad guys die but I hope Spidey takes down Harry hard. And I hope Venom gives MJ a labotomy.

Dan-El
Prepare yourself for the shattering of that last hope. MJ won't die! Neither Raimi nor the writers will let her!

the_satan32
Yes well I'm wondering about that why won't they kill her? Most of my friends dislike her, hell even my parents dislike but still have her as Pete's wife. Damn that's so annoying. The world's greatest superhero IMO, married to a woman who has admited that she's a B-grade sex idol (in some comic but I can't rember wich). I have only one thing to say to this - WTF?! Gwen seems a better a mach. And as for the movie probably won't but I can still hope that she dies. Something like this:
Venom: "We'll eat your brains!" and then he eats her brains....

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by the_satan32
Yes well I'm wondering about that why won't they kill her? Most of my friends dislike her, hell even my parents dislike but still have her as Pete's wife. Damn that's so annoying. The world's greatest superhero IMO, married to a woman who has admited that she's a B-grade sex idol (in some comic but I can't rember wich). I have only one thing to say to this - WTF?! Gwen seems a better a mach. And as for the movie probably won't but I can still hope that she dies. Something like this:

I agree with you 100% and I would love to see that happen. Chances are it won't but we can still hope. wink

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Dan-El
I think it's kind of ridiculous to have this thread, as we all know that no matter what our opinion is, MJ is going to live.

She might almost die but get healed by the symbiote. We don't know how the movie symbiote thinks, remember? If its the old version, that version loves spiderman so maybe it helps her as a final act for spiderman before it dies. If its the newer version, nope. Not happening. Not a chance. BUT you never know. But I swear, if Gwen Stacy gets thrown off a brigde by Goblin...

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Arachnid1
She might almost die but get healed by the symbiote. We don't know how the movie symbiote thinks, remember? If its the old version, that version loves spiderman so maybe it helps her as a final act for spiderman before it dies. If its the newer version, nope. Not happening. Not a chance. BUT you never know. But I swear, if Gwen Stacy gets thrown off a brigde by Goblin...

That would be a jaw dropping ending.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
That would be a jaw dropping ending.

And not the happiest. She should at least live threw one movie.

NoFate007
Sandman and Harry are the only ones I think will die. Well, unless you include Uncle Ben again hahaha. Stupid Raimi, bringing back Uncle Ben TWICE after his death...

H. S. 6
MJ will and should live.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by H. S. 6
MJ will and should live.

Don't know about should, but she will live, that's for sure.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Arachnid1
And not the happiest. She should at least live threw one movie.

Okay so she lives until part 4? I guess that is good enough.

~Pielover~
Killing MJ would be like killing Lois Lane.

They actually tried killing MJ once. In one of the Spiderman comics (a recent one, not the good ones from the old days) They killed her off. They got so much negative mail that the created some retarded plot twist to bring her back. Trust me, MJ's not going anywhere, wether you like it or not.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by ~Pielover~
Killing MJ would be like killing Lois Lane.

They actually tried killing MJ once. In one of the Spiderman comics (a recent one, not the good ones from the old days) They killed her off. They got so much negative mail that the created some retarded plot twist to bring her back. Trust me, MJ's not going anywhere, wether you like it or not.

I agree with tha in the comics, but the movies are totally different.

Sailor Chaos
laughing Wow. That would be cool. But sigh, they won't. Y'know, they could at LEAST rewrite the character so she isn't so f**king annoying..

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Sailor Chaos
laughing Wow. That would be cool. But sigh, they won't. Y'know, they could at LEAST rewrite the character so she isn't so f**king annoying..

Yeah they should rewrite her and have her be more supportive to Peter. She really comes off like a b*tch.

the_satan32
Well maybe they shouldn't kill her (being the lead character's love interest) but the should at least rewrite her but also select someone else for the part. Someone with talent and that has an appearance that does NOT make me want to puke (as Dunst has neither). It's really not fair, Mister Fantastic gets to marry Jessica Alba but Spidey is doomed to be husband of K. Dunst. I may not be a big fan of Mary Jane (comic or movie version) but at least the comic book version is sexy Dunst looks like she's part of the bad guys from "The hills have eyes".

LORDSIDIOUS01
I doubt she will. I think all of them Raimi, McGuire and Dunst will be back for part 4.

brainchild81
Live

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
I doubt she will. I think all of them Raimi, McGuire and Dunst will be back for part 4.

Since they keep breaking up, maybe Pete will date Gwen for a while. At least get a break from MJ.

Garfield Cat

Sailor Chaos do you know Symmetric Chaos?

Arachnid1
Hell no. I like MJ. I don't know much about Gwen Stacy (because I never saw her in the comic besides when she liked Pete and was competing with MJ. She got a make over and she was hot. BUT, I do know Ultimate Gwen Stacy. I really liked her. Her personality, looks, brains, all of it was good. I like Ultimate Gwen better than Ultimate MJ but in 616, it's the other way around.

I don't know what to think of MJ in the movies. She reminds me of Lana from smallville.

Do you love me?
Why do you keep secrets?
Why do you always leave?
Blah blah blah....

That annoys me but MJ is MJ. She's not going anywhere. I still like her but only because of her comic self.

Who knows? Movie Gwen may be even worse. I just hope she makes it through just this movie alive at least.

thorncrawler
Well maybe they shouldn't kill her (being the lead character's love interest) but the should at least rewrite her but also select someone else for the part. Someone with talent and that has an appearance that does NOT make me want to puke (as Dunst has neither). It's really not fair, Mister Fantastic gets to marry Jessica Alba but Spidey is doomed to be husband of K. Dunst. I may not be a big fan of Mary Jane (comic or movie version) but at least the comic book version is sexy Dunst looks like she's part of the bad guys from "The hills have eyes".

i think you'll find some of us find Ms dunst amazingly sexy 100% better than MS alba cos she has talent! The role is badly writen i'll give you that, but have you seen kirsten in any well writen films? She is a great actress, whereas jessica i just a pretty face and not great at doing that either!

the_satan32
Yes I've seen K. Dunst in other movies and I still think she doesn't have any real talent. Now I didn't understand your first sentence. More specifically "Ms dunst amazingly sexy 100% better than MS alba cos she has talent". Now are you saying Dunst is sexy and is better than Alba because she has talent ? If you are I am going to have to disagree with you, Dunst is just another wanna be actress, the reason I put J. Alba above Dunst is because they both have a similar amount of talent, however Alba has sex appeal that Dunst simply doesn't have. I don't judge people just on appearance but since I think they have the same amount of talent I need to find something else to compare them by. My comment about Alba was about the fact Mary-Jane in comics is a hot while Dunst is not, that and the bad acting and badly written role are the only real problems I have with these otherwise INCREDIBLE movies.

thorncrawler
sorry yes it should have been "i think you'll find some of us find Ms dunst amazingly sexy. 100% better than MS alba cos she also has talent!"

interview with a vampire, she is amazing in that!
jumanji, a great fun film well acted
fifteen and pregnant, my good she is just getting better and better
small soldiers, wasn't great but still an enjoyable performance
the crow salvation, not the best crow but she is great in it
spidermans! a bad role but trys hard at it!

jessica the only good films i remember her in are

sin city not cos of her cos its a dam good film
and fantastic four which wasn't one of the best superhero film

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by thorncrawler
sorry yes it should have been "i think you'll find some of us find Ms dunst amazingly sexy. 100% better than MS alba cos she also has talent!"

interview with a vampire, she is amazing in that!
jumanji, a great fun film well acted
fifteen and pregnant, my good she is just getting better and better
small soldiers, wasn't great but still an enjoyable performance
the crow salvation, not the best crow but she is great in it
spidermans! a bad role but trys hard at it!

jessica the only good films i remember her in are

sin city not cos of her cos its a dam good film
and fantastic four which wasn't one of the best superhero film

I think Jessica Alba is better looking IMO.

They both have okay acting ability. If not for there good looks, they wouldn't be famous.

Sailor Chaos

I prefer the idea of having Brice Dallas Howard (shes a natural redhead after all) as a more symapthic, more nurturing MJ that could act as Peter's sort of "moral compass", if you get what I mean.
(And no, I do not know Symmetric Chaos btw)

doctorstrongbad
I prefer the idea of having Brice Dallas Howard (shes a natural redhead after all) as a more symapthic, more nurturing MJ that could act as Peter's sort of "moral compass", if you get what I mean.
(And no, I do not know Symmetric Chaos btw)

Yeah I think Dunst was a poor choice as MJ. In the comics she is way more supportive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.