Dr Strange Vs Adam Warlock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bald Bugger
No prep. Takes place in NYC. Adam with the Soul Gem. So who wins ?

This is classic Adam. So no guys that have taken over or anything.

The same guy that created the Infinity Watch.

King Kandy
It really depends...

Different Warlocks would have different effectivness.

Bald Bugger
The guy that created the Infinity Watch with Pip and Frax. What other Adams are there ??

King Kandy
None...

But his powers have changed drastically over the years.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by King Kandy
But his powers have changed drastically over the years.

Yeah.

And why don't you be a little more obvious about trying to gauge your tourney opponents, Mr. Bugger.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah.

And why don't you be a little more obvious about trying to gauge your tourney opponents, Mr. Bugger.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

But to answer your question, there's a reason Strange was banned from the tourney and Adam wasn't.

Both are fairly beastly, but Strange's high-end feats speak for themselves. He wins the majority, regardless of Adam's incarnation.

King Kandy
Both are fairly beastly, but Strange's high-end feats speak for themselves. He wins the majority, regardless of Adam's incarnation.

Even alternate future Magus?

Soljer
But to answer your question, there's a reason Strange was banned from the tourney and Adam wasn't.

Cosigned.

DigiMark007
Even alternate future Magus?

Yeah.

The only Warlock/Magus incarnations that should take the majority from Strange are those with the IG. Magus wasn't any more powerful than normal Adam otherwise (they both have some victories over the other).

King Kandy
Yeah.

The only Warlock/Magus incarnations that should take the majority from Strange are those with the IG. Magus wasn't any more powerful than normal Adam otherwise (they both have some victories over the other).
Bull.

Not "Warlocks evil side" Magus, who has power that is roughley equal...

But "Universal church of truth" Magus who laid a beatdown on Thanos.

DigiMark007
Bull.

Not "Warlocks evil side" Magus, who has power that is roughley equal...

But "Universal church of truth" Magus who laid a beatdown on Thanos.

It's all in the eyes of the writer. Magus still = Warlock, regardless of the incarnation. Adam himself has punked Thanos once or twice (slaps him around, turns him to stone, not to mention owning a series of clones).

I agree that the Magus you're referring to has a few better feats, but it's not as though normal Warlock is helpless against him.

King Kandy
It's all in the eyes of the writer. Magus still = Warlock, regardless of the incarnation. Adam himself has punked Thanos once or twice (slaps him around, turns him to stone, not to mention owning a series of clones).

I agree that the Magus you're referring to has a few better feats, but it's not as though normal Warlock is helpless against him.
Have you READ the relevant issues?

Magus said that his "Time in the coccoon gave me the powers you'd abandoned when you began to serve the high evolutionary"

DigiMark007
Have you READ the relevant issues?

Magus said that his "Time in the coccoon gave me the powers you'd abandoned when you began to serve the high evolutionary"

Yeah, I have. I don't remember that line, but I'm not totally disagreeing with you here. That version of Magus has some sick feats, but it's not beyond the high-end feats of Adam himself.

And, more importantly for our battle, it's not beyond Dr. Strange's high-end or even middle-end feats.

...besides, the battle itself says Warlock, not Magus...when I said any incarnation of Warlock I wasn't really thinking about Magus (though my opinion still holds).

King Kandy
Yeah...

But Warlock (Not Magus) certainly loses this.

DigiMark007
Yeah...

But Warlock (Not Magus) certainly loses this.

Never said otherwise.

wink

Laminator_X
Yeah.

Draw a distinction there. 70's Magus was far more powerful than Adam. 90's Magus was slightly weaker.

guy222
Originally posted by Bald Bugger
No prep. Takes place in NYC. Adam with the Soul Gem. So who wins ?

This is classic Adam. So no guys that have taken over or anything.

The same guy that created the Infinity Watch.

Enclave makes Adam

Adam w/IG destroys Strange and his silly tricks

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Draw a distinction there. 70's Magus was far more powerful than Adam. 90's Magus was slightly weaker.

Right. I was talking mostly of AW, and I'm not sure how Magus got into the discussion. But yes, there's a big difference.

Anyway, I'd be interested to actually see this fight. Adam being "beyond the realm of chaos and order" might make him immune to certain spells, and he also has an intrinsic knowledge of Strange from their soul-meld in the IG story arc.

...it wouldn't be a Strange curbstomp, but I still can't see Adam winning.

Cosmic Flame

DigiMark007

draxx_tOfU
check the respect thread for AW...

flying through black holes, matter manip...wow!

i say stalemate if its classic warlock...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.