Could Galactus Devour Apokolips and New Genesis?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Think about it....Galactus enters the DCU and tries to consume the homes of Darkseid and The New and Old gods.

Galan007
With no heralds?

If he was feeding it would mean that he was beginning to feel "the hunger", so he wouldn't be at his best.

IMO Big G would have one hell of a fight on his hands, I'm not sure if he could beat New Genesis and Apokolips if he was hungry.

roughrider
See the Darkseid/Galactus crossover "The Hunger", for the answer.

supervenom
Omega Beams would wipe him out, since he is not of importance in the DCU.

Also, didnt Darkside and Odin penetrate the Source Wall or something like that, and Odin is stronger than the Odin in Marvel?

roughrider
Originally posted by supervenom
Omega Beams would wipe him out, since he is not of importance in the DCU.

Also, didnt Darkside and Odin penetrate the Source Wall or something like that, and Odin is stronger than the Odin in Marvel?

In the crossover the OE had no effect on Galactus. Might as well have been flashlight beams; he was at low energy too.

supervenom
Originally posted by roughrider
In the crossover the OE had no effect on Galactus. Might as well have been flashlight beams; he was at low energy too.

Which is why I stated that he has no importance in the DCU. In the Hunger, the two universes were basically "merged", right? Or did Darkseid come to MU or did Galactus come to DCU. The reason it didnt work is because Galactus has a role to play in MU. In DCU, he is not of importance. Omega Beams would wipe him out in DCU but not in MU. If I am wrong, my apoligies.

Scoobless
Isn't Apokolips outside the regular DCU anyway?

supervenom
Originally posted by Scoobless
Isn't Apokolips outside the regular DCU anyway?

Good point, my bet is even more so on Darkseid now.

Galan007
Originally posted by Scoobless
Isn't Apokolips outside the regular DCU anyway? yes

Without a Boom-Tube it cannot be accessed.

WrathfulDwarf
See, what I had in mind was Galactus entering the DCU and gaining access to the Boom Tube. Something I shoulda explained...my bad.

roughrider
Originally posted by supervenom
Which is why I stated that he has no importance in the DCU. In the Hunger, the two universes were basically "merged", right? Or did Darkseid come to MU or did Galactus come to DCU. The reason it didnt work is because Galactus has a role to play in MU. In DCU, he is not of importance. Omega Beams would wipe him out in DCU but not in MU. If I am wrong, my apoligies.

Galactus came to Apokolips to feed. He was in Darkseid's domain. Darkseid is at his most powerful on his own turf. If the OE was going to work anywhere, it was there. And it didn't.

bigbran
OE is not working.
Apokalips has no energy to feed off of.

guy222
Galactus is one of the most powerful cosmic beings in the marvel universe. I would say he would consume it. In my opinion, Darkseid is a watered down version of Thanos

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by guy222
Galactus is one of the most powerful cosmic beings in the marvel universe. I would say he would consume it. In my opinion, Darkseid is a watered down version of Thanos

New guy says the original is a bad version of another character that came later = bad.

and this:
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/8/b/2/8b2d39bfac7668756740e227e359b1b8.jpg

juggernaut66666
Actually Thanos is a Darkseid rip off and Kirby's (the same person who created Galactus)Darkseid was meant to be Galactus level.

WrathfulDwarf
Keep in mind that Galactus has to chose wisely which world to consume first. He can't consume two worlds at the same time. So if he chooses one above the other....that gives the other a heads up to be prepare. Quite frankly if he chooses New Genesis...that could be a bad choice. Highfather would immediatly communicate with The Source.

leonidas
no he couldn't.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Galactus is one of the most powerful cosmic beings in the marvel universe. I would say he would consume it. In my opinion, Darkseid is a watered down version of Thanos confused confused confused confused laughing laughing laughing

supervenom
Originally posted by roughrider
Galactus came to Apokolips to feed. He was in Darkseid's domain. Darkseid is at his most powerful on his own turf. If the OE was going to work anywhere, it was there. And it didn't.

What I meant was, the two universes was "merged". If thats the case, then Galactus is still of importance, since the MU is still there (even though he is on Apokolips).

The thing is, I wasn't really sure what to think of that comic (in regards to how they even came into contact with each other). If this wasn't in MU at all, then I will agree on your stance that it is possible. Darkseid does have some really incredible feats (except for him being stabbed by Wolvie hehe).

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Actually Thanos is a Darkseid rip off and Kirby's (the same person who created Galactus)Darkseid was meant to be Galactus level.

But it never happened. Besides, writers intent isn't always what shows up in the pages, thus the McDonald's hat.

Howard_Jones
I forgot to add these.
http://arch.kimag.es/share/5608735.jpg
http://arch.kimag.es/share/6914345.jpg

leonidas
i don't see how people can say yes. g has failed to absorb both the homeworld of the dark wraiths and ego. if THOSE worlds could chase him off, he couldn't absorb these. he would have a CHANCE at new genesis -- it is basically the planet of 'life and light'. apokolips on the other hand is basically a dead world, the opposite of new genesis. it seems very much like the dire wraith homeworld. even if he COULD somehow overpower the weapons and gods on apokolips he couldn't absorb it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.