EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: King Kandy VS B dot Rob ( Vote Now!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
New Match. Please Vote

King Kandy

Herald Choice
Erica:http://www.geocities.com/jhaeman/Comics/spellbo.html

Enhance Meta Choices
Legacy Genis-Vell:http://www.leaderslair.com/legacy/legacy.html
Jack of Hearts: http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...ackofhearts.htm

Meta Choices
Beast: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotl...&fldAuto=57
Demogoblin:http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/demogoblin.html

Street Leveler
Daredevil: http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...d/daredevil.htm
The Question: http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/q/question.htm

VS

B Dot Rob

Super Sonic
http://www.summerofsonic.com/articles/29/

Aquaman (w/ waterbearer hand)
http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums...ead.php?t=27035

Sand
http://www.mykey3000.com/cosmicteam...es/sandman.html

Elijah Snow
http://home.earthlink.net/~rkkman/f...age/ChrSnow.htm

Swift
http://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine.../character.html

Ultimate Captain America
http://www.answers.com/topic/captain-america

Lady Shiva
http://www.legionsofgotham.org/BIOSladyshiva.html

King Kandy Write-Up

B dot Rob Write-Up

Good luck to both competitors. Now FIGHT!

B dot Rob
Few things.

Super Sonic is a teleporter with pretty good range and Nightcrawler instaneous speed as well as seen in SA2 (don't believe Adventure 2 is canon to archie I can get you the scan that says it is >smile and with his amped up reaction time is more then capable of using that as a substitute for speed and getting up close and personal with the fighters.

No way in hell Daredevil and Question hold off Shiva and Cap who both will not hesitate and will probably go for the kill and unless Genis has some telepathy in his Legacy form or Jack of Hearts can manip magic, taking down Super Sonic with brute strength would probably be as hard as taking down the Juggernaut with super speed and flight.

Aquaman's waterbearer hand keeps him fully functional at normal levels without air moisture and thus there's no way in hell Demo and Beast can even annoy him (unless you buy into that Beast is > 2 tons garbage).

The other team's just overpowered and doesn't really have a good general (like Cap) or chemistry that can pull them the underdog victory.

btw I don't think the terrain for this match was ever posted.

B dot Rob
Now going to watch the Wire and probably won't be back on till 4 CST so have fun picking me apart while I'm gone Kandy Man :/

Laminator_X
What is the terrain for this battefield?

(Or perhaps "was" is more appropriate before the earthquake and chaos storm began to shred it.)

Evangel94
Forgot to add the terrain. I apologize.

The terrain is a very dense rainforest at midnight.

grey fox
While I'm, a friend to KK i have to vote for B.Rob. Simply because his power-output is astonishing, i mean jesus he has two of the best fighters in both universes (Ultimate Marvel and DC) and Super Sonic (Not to mention Sand whose stupidly powerful when used correctly.

Evangel94
Here's additional information regarding Erica Fortune (King Kandy's Herald Level Character) located here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spellbinder_(Marvel_Comics)

And since this is a wikipedia page that can be edited, I'm providing a screenshot of the page as I originally saw it, so no one can cheat by editing or changing powers.

Soljer
Originally posted by grey fox
While I'm, a friend to KK i have to vote for B.Rob. Simply because his power-output is astonishing, i mean jesus he has two of the best fighters in both universes (Ultimate Marvel and DC) and Super Sonic (Not to mention Sand whose stupidly powerful when used correctly.

I'm gonna have to co-sign this.

Super Sonic is KMC-Flash level of absurdly powerful.

grey fox
Originally posted by Evangel94
Here's additional information regarding Erica Fortune (King Kandy's Herald Level Character) located here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spellbinder_(Marvel_Comics)

And since this is a wikipedia page that can be edited, I'm providing a screenshot of the page as I originally saw it, so no one can cheat by editing or changing powers.

Awesome...except it's friggin tiny. Next time you screenshot try to make it larger if you please.

B dot Rob
and Super Sonic

And you lol'd when I picked him devil

anyway off to school re-registration will be back on in a few hours.

SOS
i think the real question everyone wants to know about is whether or not your a chick or a dude. i was going to pm you, but then I saw that you have a sexualy ambiguous signature, and you dont put your gender in your profile.

Roldz
KK's prep awesome display of power, but It looks like B dot Robs Supersonic could probably take out the team by himself, hmm he could be above herald...

Evangel94
Awesome...except it's friggin tiny. Next time you screenshot try to make it larger if you please.

Hmm...I didn't notice KMC resized the screenshot. I'll use imageshack then for Erica Fortune.
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/197/spellbinderericafs0.th.jpg

Roldz
Originally posted by SOS
i think the real question everyone wants to know about is whether or not your a chick or a dude. i was going to pm you, but then I saw that you have a sexualy ambiguous signature, and you dont put your gender in your profile.
I myself think shes a lady, what you mentioned plus the required girls in each categories in this tourny which wasnt fallowed made me think it a lady wink .. douple post sorry..

grey fox
Originally posted by Evangel94
Hmm...I didn't notice KMC resized the screenshot. I'll use imageshack then for Erica Fortune.
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/197/spellbinderericafs0.th.jpg

..and that's supposed to help within the regards of the match how ? Aside from her being a tk'er it describes sewer fanny Adams.

hulk10
B dot Rob wins.

B dot Rob
hmmmm

Evangel94
..and that's supposed to help within the regards of the match how ? Aside from her being a tk'er it describes sewer fanny Adams.

There isn't exactly an abundance of information regarding her, so I felt any little bit helps.

B dot Rob
Originally posted by Roldz
KK's prep awesome display of power, but It looks like B dot Robs Supersonic could probably take out the team by himself, hmm he could be above herald...

Nah, it's just he's probably the only herald who in-character uses his power to the fullest on a normal basis. Substitute Super Sonic for Superman but make it in-character for Superman to speedblitz, go for the kill if necessary and such and you get the same effect.

Loot

Loot
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Nah, it's just he's probably the only herald who in-character uses his power to the fullest on a normal basis. Substitute Super Sonic for Superman but make it in-character for Superman to speedblitz, go for the kill if necessary and such and you get the same effect.

except a blast to destroy the moon, or the abbilitie to teleport, not exactly the same wink

B dot Rob
He's a western comic. Just like how Cap and company are.

Soljer
Originally posted by Loot
except a blast to destroy the moon, or the abbilitie to teleport, not exactly the same wink

Superman's one-shotted moons before, and has travelled so fast that he instantaneously boom tubed....

The Silver Surfer, a DEFINITIVE herald, has destroyed planets, created black holes, travelled through time, and can travel at hundreds of times the speed of light.

Laminator_X
Speaking as the other KMC'er to have read Spellbound, there is an angle by which Erica could mess up Super-Sonic, but I don't think KK sees it and I'm not going to throw strategies to somebody mid battle.

For now, I'm leaning towards B.Rob but not voting until we hear more from King Kandy.

B dot Rob
except a blast to destroy the moon, or the abbilitie to teleport, not exactly the same

Hasn't Silver Surfer destroyed the moon?

Soljer
except a blast to destroy the moon, or the abbilitie to teleport, not exactly the same

Hasn't Silver Surfer destroyed the moon?

No. He's destroyed planets, though.

As has Beta Ray Bill.

Superman's one shotted moons.

That's not really beyond herald level. erm.

Loot

B dot Rob
You want me to pm you the scan that shows why Super Sonic is AT LEAST Superman level?

Super Sonic states the only reason he doesn't slaughter/kill chaos is because Tikal or w/e her name is doesn't want him dead.

Loot

B dot Rob
Ohhhh I thought when you said he wasn't his equal he was inferior.

Loot

StarsNeverFall7
Seems to be pretty close, im leaning towards B Dot Rob at the moment, but will post a solid vote once I hear more from KK

Scoobless

B dot Rob
Oh I have a Superman/Surfer god level scan but I'm saving it because of how irrifutable it is but going by how everyone in this topic who knows something about Super Sonic says Super Sonic is in his level should be enough wink

btw Sonic Heroes =/= canon to archie verse.

Scoobless
Oh I have a Superman/Surfer god level scan but I'm saving it because of how irrifutable it is but going by how everyone in this topic who knows something about Super Sonic says Super Sonic is in his level should be enough wink.

Well all most of us have to go on is that bio ... and it makes him sound far less powerful than Superman ... if that's all I have to go on then I'd say Legacy had a decent chance against him.

erm

B dot Rob
Then I'd say you're wrong and have been living under a rock for not knowing the basics on how Super Sonic works. wink

Scoobless
Then I'd say you're wrong and have been living under a rock for not knowing the basics on how Super Sonic works. wink

I'd never heard of Super Sonic before this tourney.

If you draft a character you should be able to at least provide a bio that describes his abilities clearly for anyone who is unfamiliar with him.

If you have scans that prove he's better than your bio makes out then why not use them?

Stating that he's Superman level but not worried about using his power doesn't mean that he is.

Loot

B dot Rob
Yes it does considering the only one who's calling it into question is the one who knows diddly.

Scoobless
Yes it does considering the only one who's calling it into question is the one who knows diddly.

That is exactly why I'm calling it on to question ... it's your job to prove your character can win.

If you can then do it.

What's the problem?

B dot Rob
It'd be redundant posting the same strength feat over and over as Super Sonic either fights skyfathers or peons.

Scoobless
Have you posted it once yet?

And does he beat these skyfathers?

B dot Rob
Nah he usually only annoys them until Tails DEM's them with his DBZish power ups (yes, Tails is a goddamn cosmic entity in the Archie verse), his durability, speed and being powered from the same source thus negating existance blinking is what always keeps him from being knocked out.

leonidas
i'd not known 'diddly' about sonic either, so i'm wondering the same thing, scoob . . . (though maybe KK should be the one calling for the proof . . .?) erm

Loot

B dot Rob

B dot Rob
and please believe that Sonic was up and running a page later like nothing happened (though he was knocked out of his Super form)

King Kandy
I'm back.

I just thought aof a way to take you down, B Dot Rob.

Erica could reorder the Chaos emeralds, removing their power from them. It doesn't matter how durable they are, she can convert anything that size, even humans (Though that's against the rules).

I didn't know the power of the Water Bearer hand, could you be more descriptive?

With buffer zones keeping SS off gaurd, and hammering constantly from Denis and Jack of hearts, SS may not get taken down, but he'd be off guard and dizzied from the assault, and when Erica gets in, they can triple team him and most certainly take him down.

What are swifts powers? That bio told me next to nothing.

Laminator_X
Could you give us some more on Super Sonic? The scans are cool, but they only show speed, and energy blasts. Could we get some on-panel strength & durability action by which we might assess your claims?

The link you gave us goes on and on about color schemes for 10 paragraphs and says little about his abilities except by way of comparison to Knuckles an Tails.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Could you give us some more on Super Sonic? The scans are cool, but they only show speed, and energy blasts. Could we get some on-panel strength & durability action by which we might assess your claims?

The link you gave us goes on and on about color schemes for 10 paragraphs and says little about his abilities except by way of comparison to Knuckles an Tails.

Ditto

KK turned up just in time for me to say bye for the night.

stick out tongue

If this hasn't finished by the time I come on tomorrow I'll vote then ... for now I haven't seen much from SS or anything from Erica.

no expression

King Kandy
Since I have no scanner, and people want information on Erica, I'll outline all her prime feats, kay?

Basic Powers:

Flight: She stole Zxaxz's flight cape (Actualy, a fairy type girl called Snugg did, but that's outside the point), and she can fly limitlessly with it on.

Matter Manipulation: She has two conversion rings (Bracelets), one which creates chaos (Disintigrates things), and the other, order, which can recreate things. Used together, they can change the form of whatever she wants.

Issue one feats:

1.Causes a ceiling to collapse.
2.Disintegrates Zxaxz (Dinosaur sized monster)

Issue two feats:

1.Recreats Zxaxz (Who she had previously killed)
2.Reorders a house that had been smashed
3.Does a bunch of small reorderings
4.Totaly destroys a building she was fighting Zxaxz in.

Issue three feats:

1.Turns an elephant into a unbreakable cage
2.Shows the ability to reorder small mechanics, like making phones and such
3.Destroys yet another building

Issue four feats: (Now she starts to get impresive)

1.Reorders a building into some sort of escape facility
2.Can now make machines like cars, planes, such and such.
3.Fights Zxaxz (Who was fighting even witht he entire new Mutants team)

Issue five feats:

1.Shows power enough to destroy the whole of New York
2.Is so powerful that even without the conversion rings, she can mess up numerous buildings

Issue six feats:

1. WITHOUT the ocnversion rings, she levels a construction site
2.Warps the space-time continuim without even trying
3.Goes even with the other (Who can destroy entire planets and dimensions)
4.Creates, closes, and messes around with a portal through many different dimensions
5. Creates forcefield capable of withstanding the Others attacks.

B dot Rob
Basically a nutjob Firestorm

King Kandy

No response.

SpunkySmurph
At the moment, I'm leaning towards KK.
He seems to be more knowledgable with his characters, and able to back up his confidence, so I'm inclined to trust his strategy. In addition, he's able to provide definitive info, an area where Rob has... lacked in, so far

B dot Rob
What?

King Kandy
What?
What Super Sonic are oyu using, anyway.

Game, Fleetway, and Archie have HUGE differences.

B dot Rob
Archie

too which Adventure 2 is canon

King Kandy
I'm going to lose this...

A bunch of people voted for Rob before I even had a chance to present my case...

B dot Rob
It's because your team is simply overpowered here.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by King Kandy
I'm going to lose this...

A bunch of people voted for Rob before I even had a chance to present my case...

Actually, while there were some B.Rob leaners (myself included) most of us were waiting until you could respond.

The current comitted vote tally is B.R:3 KK:0
This is still anybody's match.

For myself, if it were over right now, I'd probably vote team Kandy. I find your argument that the Spellbinder could disrupt Super Sonic's Chaos Emrald energy compelling. B.Rob hasn't really responded to that.

Just the same, there's still a little over half a day left on the clock.
Lets here some more battle tactics, both of you!

Scoobless
the problem with both teams (to me) is that I have no info on either of the Herald characters and very little proof (scans/bios) to gain info from.

It seems I'm going to have to vote based on every class except the Herald level guys.

no expression

(I know I said I was away for the night ... but I can't sleep ... sad )

King Kandy
Okay. Here's an argument I just thought of.

Erica could disrupt the chaos emeralds, right? And get rid of Sonics powers.

But she could Also force a Recharge of the emeralds, making him power down... And then tap the powers for herself. She would effectivly steal Super sonics power, and use it to amp Genis. then he could shoot some sort of mega blast that wipes out most of the weaker members of Robs team...

Scoobless
That would be cool if it would work ... but I have no friggin' idea what a "chaos emerald" is or how they work.... can they be drained?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Scoobless
That would be cool if it would work ... but I have no friggin' idea what a "chaos emerald" is or how they work.... can they be drained?
I don't know how it works in archie continuity...

But I've heard them described as repositories of chaos energy...

You know, that stuff Erica uses for matter manipulation?

An abundance of that stuff would make her much more powerful.

TricksterPriest
Yes they can. I didn't think KK would come up with that. The emeralds can be drained, Chaos did that in Sonic adventure one. KK's got my vote. Frankly, I don't see Supersonic as herald class. Very powerful and a speed demon, but not herald class. And B Dot Rob hasn't provided enough evidence. I'm pretty sure Apoc could beat Super Sonic. So, given the strats and the commentary, I'm going with King Kandy. He seem to have proved his case more throughly. Though, both of you guys should have gotten more evidence.

King Kandy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Yes they can. I didn't think KK would come up with that. The emeralds can be drained, Chaos did that in Sonic adventure one. KK's got my vote. Frankly, I don't see Supersonic as herald class. Very powerful and a speed demon, but not herald class. And B Dot Rob hasn't provided enough evidence. I'm pretty sure Apoc could beat Super Sonic. So, given the strats and the commentary, I'm going with King Kandy. He seem to have proved his case more throughly. Though, both of you guys should have gotten more evidence.
Thank you.

I completely forgot about Chaos, but thanks...

Now my case is even stronger.

Scoobless
If that's true then I'm leaning KK's way.... not voting yet though.

King Kandy
If that's true then I'm leaning KK's way.... not voting yet though.
Thank you.

You know, with the Gems absorbed power, Erica could probably reorder the whole continent...

Or burry them in a veritable cascade of chaotic, destructive energy.

Soljer
In case I don't get a chance to say so tomorrow, I'm switching my vote from Rob to Kandy. Initially, Kandy seemed a bit overpowered, but his strategy seems to be well founded. I may yet again change my vote, but unless I say otherwise, I'm all for Kandy for now. smile.

StarsNeverFall7
Is there any possible way to find ANY more information on the characters listed from both participants? I can't seem to find to much anywhere. Im still undecisive due to the matter.

SpunkySmurph
I vote for Kandy smile

Roldz
I vote for KK right now, but could changed to B dot Rob... Alice is a beast...

Tony Stark
My vote is for KK... I believe that with the emeralds being drained or tapped or reversed that KK's team is the hands down victors... I actually think that even without that happening they stood a strong chance of coming out on top but now it is a lock.

KK for the win.

Loot
B d rot still seems to have and advantage in speed, but erika can create pwerful force fields right? so maybe KK could pull a win. Have to think more about it before voting.

StarsNeverFall7
After a better read over this thread, my vote is going to KK for the fact I can find no evidence of SS being anywhere near the power levels mentioned to do what is being said that he can do. KK has had a fairly solid strategy, stuck to it, and it so far has seemed to come out on top.

KK gets my vote.

Scoobless
For the moment I'll vote for KK due to that power (crystal) draining thing for the fact that both of you seem to be focused mainly on the herald characters.

If it turns out that draining trick can't work let us know.

Loot

King Kandy
For the moment I'll vote for KK due to that power (crystal) draining thing for the fact that both of you seem to be focused mainly on the herald characters.

If it turns out that draining trick can't work let us know.
It can work.

A similar thing happened in Sonic Adventure 1.

B dot Rob
That would be cool if it would work ... but I have no friggin' idea what a "chaos emerald" is or how they work.... can they be drained

Nope. Has never happened whoever said it has needs to stop telling lies. And how the hell does Erica even KNOW about the emeralds (never mind the fact that Sonic has fought characters that know them like the back of their hand and still never drained him)?

If the Galactus level Master Mogul couldn't do it (while being powered by the same source), doubt Erica could.

And me posting Sonic and Knuckles punching each other so hard they caused a universe to explode isn't proof of herald level?

BTW Adventure 1 = non canon as they adapted that. For Adventure 2 they did a prequel issue and referenced having to play the game to finish the story arc and Shadow dying during the game scans can be provided if you don't believe me.

B dot Rob
BTW when was the last time Genis-Vell was powered up by MAGIC?

B dot Rob
And never mind the fact that he's stated he's having a mentally unstable version of this character.

B dot Rob
Freak it, it just looks like people are looking for ways to vote the other way.

I mean did someone just try to equate Chaos using the Chaos Emeralds to power up as the same thing as Chaos absorbing them from Super Sonic (never mind the fact that the energy's are infinite so you could drain as much as you want but he'd still have energy up the ass) and did someone else say he couldn't find ways for Super Sonic to be herald level despite the fact that I went ahead and posted the scan of him and Knuckles (on panel) blowing up a universe with the impact of their punches?

And with the main argument being Erica (an insane character at that) mystically finding out about the Emeralds and using a tactic that doesn't even make sense to work winning over votes............

Not to mention that Super Sonic merely takes the energy out of the chaos emeralds when he transforms and not the emeralds themself

Evangel94
I'd like to remind all tournament participants that they are required to vote in matches.

B dot Rob
Damn if I get beat by the fact that people said Chaos used the Chaos Emeralds to power himself up therefore he could have taken them from Super Sonic even though when they fought all he did was get his ass beat and neither one absorbed energy from either one........

Typhus
If Erica knew aobut the emeralds and could drain them, I'd be inclined to vote Kandy's way. However, people were using the fact that Carnage is crazy as one of the main points against me and he was just my meta. Erica's unstable and his herald, so I think that would have a much bigger impact on Kandy's team then is being argued.

Keep in mind I don't know much about Erica, so I won't have a problem if someone corrects me - that's just what I've taken away from the little about her I've heard.

So for now I'm voting for B dot Rob, but I'll check in before closing to see if there's any new developments.

Laminator_X
I'd be more concerned with the instability angle if the debate hadn't been largely consumed with each one's Herald taking down the other.

I think B.Rob had the stronger initial strategy, but if Erica can disrupt Sonic's powers it sort of falls apart. B.Rob hasn't really come up with a Plan B or response besides "no she cant."

Unless B.R pulls a rabbit out of his hat with some scans or vidcaps or something to back up his "no she can't" I'm voting Kandy.

I realize that KK's evidence for Erica Fortune the Spellbinder is sparse too, but like I said, I actually read the original Spellbound mini, and don't find his claims to be unreasonable. I do predict the paranoia's going to bite him before the tourney ends though.

Evangel94
The results are in!!

grey fox - B dot Rob
Soljer - B dot Rob
hulk10 - B dot Rob
Typhus - B dot Rob

SpunkySmurph - King Kandy
Laminator X - King Kandy
TricksterPriest - King Kandy
Roldz - King Kandy
Tony Stark - King Kandy
StarsNeverFall7 - King Kandy
Scoobless - King Kandy

Loot - King Kandy

King Kandy defeats B dot Rob with a 8 to 4 vote.

The match has ended!

Winner: King Kandy

Loot

Evangel94

King Kandy
Thank you. this honors me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.