ROTJ Sidious vs. Jacen Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sexy
I just finished betrayal and I wanted to make this thread, because I remember some people saying Jacen has already exceeded Sidious in power. However, even while Jacen knows techniques no other Jedi or sith knows or has known, he doesn't seem to be anywhere near Sidious in force abilities. Of course his raw potential exceeds that of Sidious' but at the current age he's at, I just don't see him defeating ROTJ Sidious, or especially DE Sidious.

Gideon
Jacen or Luke, for the sake of continuity, ought to be able to crush this version of Sidious at this point. But, the inconsistencies with their power varies greatly. So, I can't really say.

Sexyback
I also don't see why Jacen's rated in the same league as the SW top dogs, I mean he knows a few nice tricks such as slow walking, but power wise, what is his actual greatest feat?

Gideon
Originally posted by Sexyback
I also don't see why Jacen's rated in the same league as the SW top dogs, I mean he knows a few nice tricks such as slow walking, but power wise, what is his actual greatest feat?

Well, he did handle that Force Phantom of Luke nicely. I think it was said somewhere in Bloodlines that he surpassed all the Jedi save for Luke.

Darth Sexy
So you're telling me by the age of 25, Jacen is already more powerful than ROTJ Sidious? What is his force potential compared to Luke's? Is it the same, or more, or less? Because at 25, Luke was nowhere near as powerful as ROTJ Sidious, but of course he had little to work with back in those days. And if Jacen is indeed the most powerful force user ever next to Luke, how would he compare to DE Sidious? These are interesting questions.

Sexyback
What about with the force though, if he really did do well against Luke, and if Luke is all he's cracked up to be, then sure, he must be pretty good with a saber, but does he do anything impressive with the force? Like anything on Bane or Kun's level?

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Sexyback
What about with the force though, if he really did do well against Luke, and if Luke is all he's cracked up to be, then sure, he must be pretty good with a saber, but does he do anything impressive with the force? Like anything on Bane or Kun's level?

Uh read the last books of the NJO, the Unifying force, and LOTF. Jacen learns some incredible force techniques and his force potential seems to be second only to Luke.

Sexyback
But how far has he realised the potential, and how does that knowledge help him in combat. I haven't read any of the NJO, so can someone please explain what makes him so powerful.

Darth Subjekt
Well i know he's supposed to be one of the strongest in connection with the living force...how that helps him in combat...mmm, not sure. Maybe he can manipulate things easier than most, have incredible foresight even compared to another Jedi. Its been rumored that once on the darkside, he will surpass Luke in force abilities which i would assume would include combat, as it mentioned he might posses the ability to kill Luke. So not too sure since i haven't read LOTF, but I guess we'll see.

Darth Sexy
In regards to him being more powerful than Luke, I think that's just a myth. Luke was made in George Lucas' creation as the most powerful force user in the entire star wars history, so I doubt he'd allow for him to be killed by his nephew. At the same time it is possible I suppose, but I doubt Luke dies in any manner other than old age. THEN AGAIN Empress Teta lived to be 175, and luke is the strongest force user ever, and he didn't live maybe even past 100, so it's possible someone kills him.

Sexyback
I would hate Luke dieing of old age, I want him to go out with a bang.

darthsith19
Jacen after Betrayal would beat ROTS Sidious, but I'm not sure he could take DE Sidious. By LOTF, though, Jacen could take DE Sidious.

Darth Sexy
Thats the problem, I'm reading LOTF and while his abilities at his age are impressive, I don't see them comparable to DE Sidious.

General Kenobl
Jacen is powerful, he might be able to win, but Sidious seems to be more powerful in terms of the Dark Side of the Force.

Darth Sexy
What I don't understand is, if Jacen is not meant to be more powerful than Luke(which seems to be the case thus far), why would he become more powerful than him if he turns to the darkside? The lightside is ultimately stronger.

Advent
Intrinsically, the dark side is the more powerful of the two, ergo if he were to supersede Luke in power, then that'd be (one) way. The light side isn't stronger, and that's a fact. The light side of the force is only better in the sense that in the long run, it won't lead to your undoing as it does for the majority of users we see.

But, if you discount your destiny as a dark side force user (that you will ultimately fall), then the dark side > light side in terms of power. It's quite hard to explain properly without contradicting, but I hope you get the crux of what I'm relaying to you.

Darth Sexy
Yes, I do understand, and that helps me understand how Jacen could potentially be more powerful than Luke. However, nothing suggests that Jacen is Luke's equal, so it would be a shame if Jacen is the one who kills Luke. I would think Luke goes out from old age.

xxXAcStylesXxx
I don't see what so hard to believe about Jacen being super powerful at about 25 lets look at the other "uber" force users, Exar at the time of his fall was in his mid twenties, Anakin was 23 at the time of ROTS, Revan by the end of KOTOR is about mid-early twenties(more then likely early). So his age is really regardless.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by xxXAcStylesXxx
I don't see what so hard to believe about Jacen being super powerful at about 25 lets look at the other "uber" force users, Exar at the time of his fall was in his mid twenties, Anakin was 23 at the time of ROTS, Revan by the end of KOTOR is about mid-early twenties(more then likely early). So his age is really regardless.

I suppose, I just want to know his potential compared to Luke.

Darth_Glentract
Jacen doesn't have more power than ROTJ Palpatine.

Mider999
Luke did defeat DE sidious but he had help so what would have happend if he had no help, when it was him against the old emperor he almost died, and he got TOTALLY owned by the DE emperor, and the DE emperor had new powers, both there lighthing skills are equal or comparable are they not, DE sidious cant open a black hole but his force storm is kinda like one aint it, jacen solo can heal the dead or whatever but sidious learned to improvise with his body switching power, im not saying sidious wins, im just saying he's REALLY powerful dude, even before he learned all these new powers, and with a younge body he was to much for luke wasnt he, did he cut off sidious hand before or after he started decaying.

The Ellimist
mmm

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Gideon
Jacen or Luke, for the sake of continuity, ought to be able to crush this version of Sidious at this point. But, the inconsistencies with their power varies greatly. So, I can't really say. ok gid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.