Jesus said "Go out and prostylize the world"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
OR was that Paul. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It seems this is the way it is........Otherwise I don't have much to add at this point. Does anyone else??

Nellinator
Actually Jesus said it. Matthew, Luke, and John all record that event.

Alliance
...and four biased men defined the world!

FeceMan
Originally posted by debbiejo

It seems this is the way it is........Otherwise I don't have much to add at this point. Does anyone else??
Best. Thread. Evar.

docb77

I'm starting to wonder if you really know the bible or if you just attribute anything biblical that you don't like to good old Paul.

Alliance
Valid point. laughing out loud

debbiejo
Jesus didn't go door to door neither did John the Baptist. People came to them to hear what they had to say.

"Ask and it will be given"
"Knock and it will be opened"
"Seek and you will find"

The parable of the Pearl.

IT'S LEFT ON THE INDIVIDUAL TO FIND OUT.

Why suddenly the change of this going door to door? Especially to those who aren't interested. We already have radio, TV, satellite, and a church on every corner.

Isn't this prostylization? Mormons go to Baptists, JW's go to Catholics, Baptists go to Presbyterians.......Everyone seems to have projects to go to houses..etc..etc..

Matthew 10:9-14 & Mark 6:6-13 & Luke 10:1-12

What about the matter of Jesus instructing his apostles to go out and preach to people's homes, in Matthew 10:9-14 ? The context shows the primary emphasis to be speaking in the matter of lodging, not about a door-to-door activity. Verse 11 says "Stay there until you leave." Another wards, "When you come to a town or village, look for someone trustworthy and stay in that one house only, until you leave the town to return back to me. Luke 10:7 states it this way, "Do not be transferring from house to house." Again, when you go to the village, do not be transferring from house to house, but find a hospitable household and stay in that one house, until it is time to leave the village and return back to me. As Phillips Modern Translations renders this verse: "Wherever you go, whether it is into a town or a village, find out someone who is respecting, and stay with him until you leave."

muslimscholar
i thought the bible was the word of god?
are Matthew mark Luke and John gods too

Alfheim
Originally posted by muslimscholar
i thought the bible was the word of god?
are Matthew mark Luke and John gods too

Oh and the Quran is the word of God right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

muslimscholar
yes it doesent say mark said does it or muhammed said does?

Lord Urizen

What are ranting on about now ??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
This has nothing to do with my very well thought out topic... reading

muslimscholar
aaaah lord nice of u to drop by

lil bitchiness

So god is talking to us directly through Qur'an. Ok, fair statement.

Now, all Gods wisdom to human kind fit in one book....how?

FeceMan
lol paulianity

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by FeceMan
lol paulianity

It's a more simplified and common version of Christianity

muslimscholar
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

all what we need to know and the rests what we need are in hadith what the prophet said or did

FeceMan
Jesus said, "Go out and pwn the n00bs."

Then Peter said, "Lol, sp@wn-k|11|ng."

Lord Urizen
all what we need to know and the rests what we need are in hadith what the prophet said or did

The Hadith states that a Muslim who slaughters non-believers will be rewarded with Virgins droolio

Check out my "Satan Thread" if you dont believe me, i posted all the evidense there.

debbiejo
lol paulianity LOL... Yep....yeppers

Jesus is good vs Paul is better.

Seems Paul is winning..

sad

Lord Urizen
JEsus said to prostitute the world ?

Gregory

Paul said you should spread the word, but if you came to somebody who didn't care to hear it, you should knock the dust off your sandles and continue on your way.

But you knew that. Assuming you've actually read the Bible.

debbiejo
Yes I knew that.............Paul worshiper..........Jesus didn't say that....

Paul wins again.

Gregory
Yes I knew that.............Paul worshiper..........Jesus didn't say that....

Paul wins again.

Actually, I think I made a mistake; it's Jesus who tells his apostles to spread the word and knock the dust off their feet, in Lue.

You really haven't read the thing, have you? That was the test, and you failed it. You just love to whine.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Gregory
Actually, I think I made a mistake; it's Jesus who tells his apostles to spread the word and knock the dust off their feet, in Lue.

You really haven't read the thing, have you? That was the test, and you failed it. You just love to whine.
clapping
I was getting around to doing some quotes, but I think this works better. Well done.

Alliance
This has nothing to do with my very well thought out topic... reading confused

FeceMan
This has nothing to do with my very well thought out topic... reading
Your topics routinely get the crap knocked out of them.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Gregory

You really haven't read the thing, have you? That was the test, and you failed it. You just love to whine. You are correct, though Jesus was speaking of lodging and finding a place to stay........I will admit it that I miss quoted....

Still it was about lodging.

Matt.
10:10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat. "Neither shoes, nor yet staves"
\
10:11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.
10:12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.
10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Your topics routinely get the crap knocked out of them. No they don't......but I can admit when I miss quote something.,.

Still is it ok to proselytize??

Nellinator
You are correct, though Jesus was speaking of lodging and finding a place to stay........I will admit it that I miss quoted....

Still it was about lodging.

Matt.
10:10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat. "Neither shoes, nor yet staves"
\
10:11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.
10:12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.
10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

No they don't......but I can admit when I miss quote something.,.

It's called the Great Commission: Jesus's last command to us.
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." Matthew 28:19-20
or
"...and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem." Luke 24:47

Jesus said it not Paul.

Alfheim
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
So god is talking to us directly through Qur'an. Ok, fair statement.

You realise that this guy is probably going to back up everything you have been saying about the difference between Christian and muslim beliefs?

Well the Quran was written by men and the hadiths were written and narrated by mean. So the hadiths are a bit like gospels.

FeceMan
No they don't......but I can admit when I miss quote something.,.

1. I direct you to your reincarnation thread.
2. Yes, it's okay to proselytize.

However, according to Adam_PoE, you nonbelievers are naught but swine compared to us Christians and we're not supposed to...but, whatever.

stick out tongue
Originally posted by Nellinator
It's called the Great Commission: Jesus's last command to us.
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." Matthew 28:19-20
or
"...and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem." Luke 24:47

Jesus said it not Paul.
lol pwned n00bs

Shakyamunison
2. Yes, it's okay to proselytize.

I think you are wrong. Proselytization does not lead to debate.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I think you are wrong. Proselytization does not lead to debate.
Pretty sure that not all proselytization is forcing people to convert.

Shakyamunison
Pretty sure that not all proselytization is forcing people to convert.

That is not what I was saying: there is no room for debate is my point.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
That is not what I was saying: there is no room for debate is my point.
So why is this thread still going?

Shakyamunison
So why is this thread still going?

Because the debate on rather Jesus said to prostylze is a hot debate. I was only talking about on this forum, but maybe you didn't know that. eek!

Nellinator
lol pwned n00bs
I'm actually disappointed with myself for letting it go on this long.

office jesus
Originally posted by docb77
I'm starting to wonder if you really know the bible or if you just attribute anything biblical that you don't like to good old Paul.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone really knows anything at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.