The Best Potions Maker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trolly_crouchjr
1.Snape
2.Lily Evans
3.Slughorn
4.Dumbledore
any others?

Demonic Phoenix
You forgot Harry with Snape's bookstick out tongue

Xandico
What about Hector Dagworh-Granger the guy Slughorn asks Hermione if she's related to him, and Marcus Belby's uncle Damecles who invented the Wolfsbane potion?

Diamonds
Hmm, good point. Slughorn doesn't really say how great Granger was, but he says Lily was "one of the best potion makers" he'd come across. I'm not sure, because Dumbledore is great at everything, but what about Lily?

Xandico
And what about Nicholas Flamel and Voldemort?

Diamonds
The don't necessarily have to be good at potions just to be a great wizard.

trolly_crouchjr
He mentioned Lily and snape...which of the two do you think is better?

Xandico
Snape probably because he added stuff to the methods

Xandico
(This is directed at Diamonds) Dumbledore said that Voldemort got 'Outstanding' in every N.E.W.T

Barker
I'd have to say Snape.

Darth Macabre
Either Snape or Voldemort.....Some of Voldemort's concoctions over the last few years have been pretty impressive. That's if, and only if, he invented them himself.

Xandico
But Dumbledore and Flamel discovered the twelve uses of dragons blood and some of them are bound to be used in potion making.

Demonic Phoenix
I'm undecided between Voldemort and Snape, though Voldemort and Dumbledore I have no clue about as I don't remember reading and distinct potions they have made, maybe except for the ones Xandico pointed out for Dumbledore.

I think Lily was more like Hermione, as in she was more 'By the book' whereas Snape was an inventor, he practically found out new ways to make potions, so I'd say Snape was better than those two.......Of course he's had more practice, but heck, practice makes perfect.

Xandico
You make a good point, also we must take into account that although some of the potions Voldemort makes are very very evil (like the one he used to get himself a new body) but they also take the skill of a powerful wizard to bring them off.

Blue_Hefner
Probably Voldy and Snape since they both invented a bunch of stuff.

Dresta
seeing as Snape was able to write down all that stuff in the 'Half Blood Prince' book at the age of 15 or so, i would say him.

argesilen
Do you think that it's important for the seventh book that Lily was good potion maker...maybe it has something with the sentence that Harry has mother's eyes...

argesilen
As for the best potions maker, I would say it's Snape. Yes, Voldemort was outstanding in every subject, but there are some other characteristics of best potion makers, like intuition...

Blue_Hefner
Voldemort revived himself with a potion he created. What has Snape really done on that level?

Rave X
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Voldemort revived himself with a potion he created. What has Snape really done on that level?

I have no doubt Snape could create something like that to, plus all the stuff he 'invented' in the HBP potions book, at aprox. the age of 15, I think it would be Snape.

Xandico
But what about Dumbledore? He was just like... AMAZING!!!

Elessea
Most of Voldemort's stuff has been developed by Snape- seeing sa he works for him developing potions.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Xandico
But what about Dumbledore? He was just like... AMAZING!!!

So is Snape at Potion makingstick out tongue.

But besides, I think Dumbledore preferred to have Snape develop the potions, rather than do it himself, as demonstrated when he told(I don't think it was shown in POA) Snape to make the Wolfsbane potion for Remus.

siriuswriter
Voldemort would have to be pretty damn good to make that green stuff from the cave in HBP...

Xandico
IF he made it himself

Demonic Phoenix
IF he made it himself

He probably did, or he instructed someone to do it, which means he knew how to make it.

Denniz234
can i just ask, does it really matter who the best potions maker is?

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Denniz234

Is no the answer to this question?

Demonic Phoenix

No, you cannot ask13no expression.

Denniz234
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
No, you cannot ask13no expression.

Please sad
I'll let you answer it big grin and i have chocolate cake wink

siriuswriter
But then, R.A.B. would've had to be a really good potions maker as well, to replace the green stuff in the cave...

Demonic Phoenix
Please sad
I'll let you answer it big grin and i have chocolate cake wink

pukeI hate chocolate cake, well virtual chocolate cake that islookaround

Xandico
Originally posted by siriuswriter
But then, R.A.B. would've had to be a really good potions maker as well, to replace the green stuff in the cave...

Who says that it isn't so clever that it replaces itself?

Denniz234
pukeI hate chocolate cake, well virtual chocolate cake that islookaround

Whats wrong with virtual chocolate cake? it tastes good and it doesnt make you fat.

Demonic Phoenix
Whats wrong with virtual chocolate cake? it tastes good and it doesnt make you fat.

It ain't realerm

Sunlight_shines
Who says that it isn't so clever that it replaces itself?
So,its either R.A.B. or Snape?
It ain't realerm
-Brings a strawberry cake-you gotta tell whose better nowevil

Demonic Phoenix
I said Snapestick out tongue.

Sunlight_shines
ok

[=Luffyz=]
2 Words..

Totally Snape.

S-N-A-P-E ROX!! ^-^

Superguy
Originally posted by trolly_crouchjr
1.Snape
2.Lily Evans
3.Slughorn
4.Dumbledore
any others? It's impossible to know, and potion-making talent isn't exactly easy to judge...
1) So we know Snape's good at potions, and we have had good proof towards his being good, but...
2) All we know about Lily was that Slughorn liked her.
3) All we know about Slughorn is he can brew 4 or 5 potions and taught Lily and Severus.
4) When have we ever seen Dumbledore brew a potion????

ndfreak
back to voldy's 'outstandings' just because he got em doesn't mean he was an outstanding in potion making. look at Harry he got 'Exceed Expectations' but isn't that good of a potions maker (onli really good when he had the HBP to help)

so voldy might not even be that god of a potion maker anyways.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by ndfreak
back to voldy's 'outstandings' just because he got em doesn't mean he was an outstanding in potion making. look at Harry he got 'Exceed Expectations' but isn't that good of a potions maker (onli really good when he had the HBP to help)

so voldy might not even be that god of a potion maker anyways.

Sure, because making a potion to revive yourself doesn't require any intelligence at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.