DethKlok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~Da Rev~
The band from Metalocolypse on . I know they're cartoons but they make some damn hardcore metal.

Anyone else watch the show and fans of their songs?

Tptmanno1
I watch the show occasionally
Quite amusing...

Alpha Centauri
Nah, piece of trash.

Their songs are funny, I would honestly prefer listening to them than most of the traditional death metal bands that exist.

-AC

Bardiel13
I watch it religiously.

The Core
Seen 'em all, they host some exclusive songs on MySpace, too. I..uhh..tend to add extra s' onto a lot of the words I say as a result.

MightyEInherjar
Watch it all the time. Hard to pick a favorite song though, although I still like Awaken Mustakrakish and Thunderhorse a lot.

Alpha Centauri
Did anyone see the season finale yet?

Make sure you watch it if not.

-AC

Solo
Not a fan, Small really disappointed me with this one.

Alpha Centauri
The show or the finale?

I find it hard to be disappointed with either, but that's me.

-AC

Solo
The show, watched the first few episodes during their original airing. Did the season improve much?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Solo
The show, watched the first few episodes during their original airing. Did the season improve much?

I would have to say it depends on what about it you didn't like. If you simply didn't like the episodes in general, then maybe the rest might be to your taste. Many, including myself, think it ended amazingly and only got better, some say it wasn't as good toward the end.

Though if your beef with it is to do with the way the show is made, or something else that wouldn't have changed, then there's not much point.

The finale was too amazing, I can't wait for the new series in late 08 (Allegedly). There's definitely a deeper storyline and character development to be watched, which I didn't think they'd have.

-AC

Bardock42
Watched it for the first time today and found it quite amusing, though not blown away. Might watch more though. Seems possible at least.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Bardock42
Watched it for the first time today and found it quite amusing, though not blown away. Might watch more though. Seems possible at least.

Idiot then.

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Idiot then.

-AC

Possible. I happen to be fond of blaming others though. In this case the people making the show for not making it funnier.

The Core
I got a bulletin suggesting a full length album will be out next Summer, as well as a DVD release.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by The Core
I got a bulletin suggesting a full length album will be out next Summer, as well as a DVD release.

Yeah "Nathan Explosion" did it, haha. I'll buy the DVD without any doubt, I'll probably get the album too.

Go into the Water, which is a song they played on the finale, is actually quite a decent song. It's more of an actual song than the other music throughout. The good thing is, in not trying to be madly accurate (But still retaining cool realism like using real guitar and amp brands), they've actually made something good on so many levels. The cartoon itself is amazing, but the music is good enough to stand alone and make it believable.

For those interested, they have a few songs up for legal and free download on the site. Awaken, Mustakrakish is there...as is Birthday Dethday, Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle and Thunderhorse. Awaken, Mustakrakish is hilarious.

I'd rather listen to Dethklok than Cannibal Corpse or some of those bands. Ironically, Nathan Explosion is based on George Fisher.

-AC

King KAM
all i gotta say is....

Dr. Rockso...the rocking roll clown

nick1811
Love the song 'Thunderhorse'

Darth Jello
they should cover Kafka, the rock opera

The Core
I've actually got Dr. Rockso on my MySpace friends list, lol.

I was Hot Topic 2 days ago, as my girlfriend was getting this kickass Misfits hoodie, and I spotted the Dethklok tour shirt. Kinda funny, all the tour dates say CANCELLED for multiple reasons, i.e. flooding, death, whatever.

...sad part was, it was a 16 yr old scene kid who couldn't see through the hair he had combed straight down infront of his eyes. Perhaps he thought it was a cartoon version of Senses Fail or AFI. I have no idea.

SelphieT
I'm watchin the marathon tonight! I love DethKlok!

souvinir
i love the inspiration for there song "sown back together wrong"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.