Gilbert Arenas vs Tracy McGrady

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Who's the better player currently? I say GA#0

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Tmac mad

Darth Martin
How so?

Myth
I would take T-Mac and this season is the one that is finally making me like the guy. T-Mac is finally showing the teamwork and leadership it takes to win. Gilbert for the most part just scores.

Lord Evolution
How so?

Tmac is the better all around player.

Score,assist,defense,dunk,rebound etc...

RecSpecs110
Please not another "who's better thread." Just bring it up in the NBA thread.

And T-mac is overall better. More versatile, stronger, and bigger threat to other teams because he drives more often.

TaZ#12
For Tmac to be MORE better then Arenas, he needs to get healthy, but still he is better.

Skeets
Arenas only because of T-Mac's back issues.

TaZ#12
Darth Martin, do u want this when each are healthy or right now in the league or what?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Tmac is the better all around player.

Score,assist,defense,dunk,rebound etc... Even though I hate disagreeing with my fellow beloved Laker fans I just have to say Tracy McGrady has no defense. His offence is outstanding.....or was. But his defense.......uhhhhhhh. In Orlando he got his coach fired because he didn't know how to read a zone defense. Part of this is because he never went to college.

Just had to clear that up, but then again McGrady isn't playing right now and GA#0 isn't that great of a defender either.

TaZ#12
Thank you.

Lord Evolution
Even though I hate disagreeing with my fellow beloved Laker fans I just have to say Tracy McGrady has no defense. His offence is outstanding.....or was. But his defense.......uhhhhhhh. In Orlando he got his coach fired because he didn't know how to read a zone defense. Part of this is because he never went to college.

Just had to clear that up, but then again McGrady isn't playing right now and GA#0 isn't that great of a defender either.

Gilbert Arenas is one of the worst defenders in the league.....

Darth Martin
Originally posted by RecSpecs110
Please not another "who's better thread." Just bring it up in the NBA thread.

And T-mac is overall better. More versatile, stronger, and bigger threat to other teams because he drives more often. GA#0 gets to the line more often.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by TaZ#12
Darth Martin, do u want this when each are healthy or right now in the league or what? When each are healthy at 100% with their respective teams.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Gilbert Arenas is one of the worst defenders in the league..... I said that. wink

TaZ#12
Even if defense wasnt included, I would still chose Tmac.

Darth Martin
They both have good teams when each are healthy. But I think TMacs team is more dependent on him than Arenas' team of him. The Rockets are like 0 and 8 without TMAC!

RecSpecs110
They both have good teams when each are healthy. But I think TMacs team is more dependent on him than Arenas' team of him. The Rockets are like 0 and 8 without TMAC!

So...How does that fact contribute to your argument of Arenas being better?

TaZ#12
Aren't we talking about Arenas or Tmac without the team? I mean the team shouldn't be excluded but still.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by RecSpecs110
So...How does that fact contribute to your argument of Arenas being better? Never said Gilbert was better. stick out tongue

RecSpecs110

Oh really?

Darth Martin
Tht's currently, but then we started takilng on who's better when their both at 100% and all.

TaZ#12
Yeah, Tmac when he is 100%.

RecSpecs110
Tht's currently, but then we started takilng on who's better when their both at 100% and all.

Well, obviously Gilbert's better when T-mac's injured. It just seemed from the way you wrote it that currently Gilbert's plays so well that he is now better than T-mac.

TaZ#12
Again, Arenas is good, but not as good as Tmac.

guy222

Gilbert Arenas

I will say this when T-Mac was healthy only Kobe and Allen could rival him in scoring and dominating a game

Darth Martin
Originally posted by guy222
Gilbert Arenas

I will say this when T-Mac was healthy only Kobe and Allen could rival him in scoring and dominating a game wink

guy222
wink

only kobe/tmac can look down at feet and the shot goes and its swish smile

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by guy222
only kobe/tmac can look down at feet and the shot goes and its swish smile

That is how I play in real life. cool

LORDSIDIOUS01
Both Tmac and Gil are two guffy looking posers. Neither one can win a title. All Gil wants to do score against teams he hates instead of playing like that all 82 games. Tracy has a bad back and wife problems so he is not Kobe Bryant.

Myth
"and wife problems so he is not Kobe Bryant."

laughing You do realize that Kobe cheated on his wife and had to give her a $4 million dollar ring to keep her mouth shut.

Anyway, you are right that neither one is as good as Bryant, but thats not necessarily the question, now is it?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Myth
"and wife problems so he is not Kobe Bryant."

laughing You do realize that Kobe cheated on his wife and had to give her a $4 million dollar ring to keep her mouth shut.

Anyway, you are right that neither one is as good as Bryant, but thats not necessarily the question, now is it? True but Kobe ihas and will always be better than Tmac and Gil.

Myth
Agreed, but again, this thread isn't about Kobe so lets keep the conversation to the topic at hand.

Darth Martin
Now if this was T-MAC fully healthy in Orlando...........that's a whole nother story.

TaZ#12
Yeah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.