Big Boss vs Ocelot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
Ok, so this is both from their apperances in Snake Eater. Basically, you could call this the finished version of their match near the tunnel, not getting interrupted by the hornets of the pain! Same place that is.

Big Boss is armed with his gun that he uses throughout the whole game (stated by him to be the best gun he has ever weilded), and Ocelot sports his two revolvers.

Superboy Prime
I vote for Jack. He humuliated Ocelot in their first encounter, and it's most likely the same thing would've happened in the second. I know Ocelot is a fast learner, but I give it to Jack 8/10.

PS It was cool to watch ocelot pickup on the CQC by the end of Snake Eater.

kamikz
Yeah, well the first fight was only in melee combat, which this arena makes quite impossible! (Ocelot's intention of coursestick out tongue). In a gun battle, he is much better than he is in melee, muuuuuuuch better....

And yeah!

Superboy Prime
Yeah Ocelot's a beast when it comes to shootouts...I really can't tell.

kamikz
I brought this back, now who do you think?

Sam Z
Ocelot understimated Jack first time they met.
Snake is an excelent shooter but seeing how Ocelot took down 6 armed soldiers in half of second (MGS2)...
I really can't tell. I think this is gonna be like 5/10.

kamikz
Yeah, but that is MGS 2 Ocelot, which is much above young Ocelot from MGS 3.

Sam Z
Well, MGS3 Ocelot did the same trick but it took him few seconds longer because he didn't use revolver.

Nikkolas
Ocelot is an okay fighter but well below any of the Snakes. He's a lot smarter than all of them but not above them in combat. He'd lose to BB like he lost to Solid and like he'd lose to Liquid or Solidus.

Sam Z
I don't remember him losing to Solid. Fox interupted that fight.

kamikz
Yup. No one has actually been seen besting Ocelot in a shoot out, though I'm sure Solid could because of his much better physical condition and better aim.... (Old that is, young he'd take down quickly probably)

But this fight, well NS is a good fighter, and a very good aim, but I'm not sure if he is at Ocelot's level. Well maybe, he did take the Boss, but I don't think he could have pulled the same feat Ocelot did in the beginning, and the richocheting bullets are a very good thing. I think Jack takes it after a long shootout, again because of being a more resourcefull fighter, not cocky, a good aim and soldier...

And Ocelot is not necessarily smarter than any of the Snake's. He is a spy of the patriots, it is they who give Ocelot orders, it is not like Ocelot plans everything himself and runs circles around the Snake's. After all, Solid and Liquid got over 180 IQ and are very taught...

Superboy Prime
Solid knows 6 languages and Liquid knows 7, right?

Sam Z
Originally posted by kamikz
Yup. No one has actually been seen besting Ocelot in a shoot out, though I'm sure Solid could because of his much better physical condition and better aim.... (Old that is, young he'd take down quickly probably)

But this fight, well NS is a good fighter, and a very good aim, but I'm not sure if he is at Ocelot's level. Well maybe, he did take the Boss, but I don't think he could have pulled the same feat Ocelot did in the beginning, and the richocheting bullets are a very good thing. I think Jack takes it after a long shootout, again because of being a more resourcefull fighter, not cocky, a good aim and soldier...

And Ocelot is not necessarily smarter than any of the Snake's. He is a spy of the patriots, it is they who give Ocelot orders, it is not like Ocelot plans everything himself and runs circles around the Snake's. After all, Solid and Liquid got over 180 IQ and are very taught...

I believe NS can also richochet bullets. At least he could using SAA in the gameplay.

kamikz
Well yeah, but he is not a master of it, like sources of MGS 1 says Ocelot is. Also, we have never seen him using it canonically, Ocelot used it with a normal gun as well.

Yeah SBP, I think Snake knows 6 and Liquid like 8 or something...

Sam Z
Well, both are outstanding gunfighters.
Even though "old" Ocelot is more experienced with revolvers than MGS3 Ocelot, i still say it's 5/10.

kamikz
Between young Ocelot and Naked Snake? Yeah probably, I think Snake takes it in the end.

I think Old Ocelot would take him down though, he is to fast a draw and is ridicilousley good at aiming.

Nikkolas
For being so smart, Solid sure is stupid.

A surveillance camera?!?

(after already being told why) Why did you disguise yourself as Master?!?!

And Liquid may be smart but he was more than happy to let himself, his dreams, his "family" and pretty much everything he fought for go up in a nuclear blast as long as he fought Snake. So, I'm not gonna guage him as that intelligent.

Solidus was probably the smartest Snake. And now he's dead.

And I suggest playing some of Portable Ops...you learn an interesting detail about Ocelot and The Patriots.

lightness
big boss by tranquilizer dart. since neither can die without a time paradox

kamikz
Originally posted by Nikkolas
For being so smart, Solid sure is stupid.

A surveillance camera?!?

(after already being told why) Why did you disguise yourself as Master?!?!

And Liquid may be smart but he was more than happy to let himself, his dreams, his "family" and pretty much everything he fought for go up in a nuclear blast as long as he fought Snake. So, I'm not gonna guage him as that intelligent.

Solidus was probably the smartest Snake. And now he's dead.

And I suggest playing some of Portable Ops...you learn an interesting detail about Ocelot and The Patriots.

LOL! You base Snake's intelligence on two quotes? I could pick almost anyone on this forum, take something silly they've said and then call them an idiot...

Snake says "A surveillance camera" so the player will get it... (A newbi player to sneaking games)

And the disguise, well as Master he helped him alot as well, though it is obvious, it's just a ****ing question....

Snake has an IQ over 160 or 180, and he is very taught as well, and he has had sickly many professions and skills, he knows alot and is hardly dumb.

Neither of them is dumb either, Liquid is obsessed with his father, and his troubled past, doesn't make him stupid. Solidus was pretty smart as you said.

And that fact doesn't change the battle, I'm sure the fact in that isn't "Ocelot is smarter than the dumb Snake's"....

Sam Z
Liquid seems to be way smarter than Solidus. At the end of MGS2 Solidus was pretty much owned by the patriots. They used him as if he was a silly child and he had no idea what's going on untill the end.

kamikz
Well actually, weren't we all fooled in MGS 2? It's pretty hard to realise that the person who has been beside you and helped you for a long, long time, and even when you were betrayed by your organisation still helped you, would actually be a betrayer? Their plan wasn't exactly easy to see, and he still had some tricks left to pull...

Well, I don't know. Liquid has been talking with BB, he got information about many thing's Snake didn't have access to, so Liquid seemed much smarter in those scenes, however, probably only a few people in the world knew that info, Snake wasn't one of them...
Also, Snake had no idea what was going on. He was dragged from his house, put in a mission he didn't even want to take, and then felt like being betrayed by his superiors, Liquid had already planned this operation with the FOXHOUND group....

IMO...

Nikkolas

Sam Z

kamikz
Lol, well even if it has turned to an intelligence match between the Snake's and Ocelot, we are at least finished to some degree with the old match...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.