The Flash (VS.) The Fantastic Four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Flash is being mind-controlled by Dr. Doom...and Doom's first mission for the Flash is to destroy the F.F...and show NO MERCY!!

Dr. Doom sends the F.F. a message just for kicks that says....."To the pathetic Fantastic Four...You have 15 minutes to prepare for your Doom!!".

15 minutes pass and then The Flash runs from Latveria to the Baxter Building in mere seconds....looking to destroy the F.F.

The scarlet speedster arrives at the headquarters just in time to meet a very pissed off F.F.... waiting for him....and ready for a fight! Does the Flash complete his task for Doom, or does Reed and company show the Flash and Doom it's not nice to threaten the Fantastic Four???

Does the world's greatest superhero family stand a chance against the fastest man alive?????

(...and remember, it's no-mercy from both sides)

Stupid Rookie
in 15 mins I think they could come up with a plan.

Galan007
Could Flash vibrate through IW's forcefield?

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by Galan007

I was wondering about that myself, and whether she could just protect them. I am going to assume that Flash can, and say this rests on Reed to come up with a plan, which I would assume he could.

I don't know if he knows much about Flash though, so that could hurt his prep.

Superboy Prime
They don't know it's Flash who's going to speedblitz them into oblivion. I say they lose.

Brian Oswald
Could Flash vibrate through IW's forcefield? even if he cant he can just beat the shit out of them in secounds and she'd drop the shileds from the strain.

ExtraMision5555
either that or he'd pound her shield into oblivion in a matter of miliseconds, shed tire out pertty quickly

unless her shield is impervious to force

Mindship
Full-potential Flash 8/10. He's basically a god of speed and motion. But Reed has experience with godlike beings, and at some point he will think of something.

Silly Flash (eg, JLA toons) 1/10, cuz FF were even sillier.

Symmetric Chaos
The Flash

Just because anything that Reed came up with offensively wouldn't be able to hit him and anything defense would fall apart in seconds.

With Reed's equipment down The Flash makes short work of the FF.

Muck101
I've got to give Flash props. He is the most underrated hero in my oppinion, and he's the fastest man alive! True, he'd have no problem evading or dismantling Reeds weapons/defences, but you need to take into account Sue's forcefields. She need only figure out which way he's running, and create one. Smack into the forcefield when going light-speed has got to hurt like HELL, and keep him dizzy for a seccond or two, which is enough time for Torch to...well...torch him. Then call in ol blue eyes to do some clobberin. Flash:Awesome FF:too much for Flash to handle on his own, sadly.

Comicbook_kid

Good question....but I think Flash could KO Sue before she could concentrate to make a forcefield probably...and also, would Flash's punches affect Reed. Would the Flash be able to hurt Reed at all?? Could Reed just make his body malluable enough so that he could absorb anything Flash throws at him? What do the rest of you guys think? I think the Flash and Reed fight alone would pose an interesting battle....let alone Flash against the rest of the F.F. Discuss.................................

Metalmanx
The Flash wins 100/10.

The Flash cannot be fairly matched up with anyone under Superman's speed. no expression

Muck101
Oh, and really, reed could spill flammable gell onto the floor, torch could light it up, and they'd see where Flash's path would lead. Since I'm pretty sure he cant get burnt going so fast, but there would be a trail of extinguished flame behind him, no?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Good question....but I think Flash could KO Sue before she could concentrate to make a forcefield probably...and also, would Flash's punches affect Reed. Would the Flash be able to hurt Reed at all?? Could Reed just make his body malluable enough so that he could absorb anything Flash throws at him? What do the rest of you guys think? I think the Flash and Reed fight alone would pose an interesting battle....let alone Flash against the rest of the F.F. Discuss.................................

Actually, I think Reed's fight would be the easiest.

All Flash has to do is vibrate all over Reed's body, in effect, superheating him. Once he reaches a certain point (which will take mere seconds), Reed will most likely melt. Or become completely useless. Or just a vibrating hand through the head would do it.

Thing, just as easy. One, just one, IMP will put Thing down.

Invisible Woman: Her shields can only stand so much. As soo as they go down, so does she.

Human Torch: Flash creates a vicious vortex that creates a vaccum around HT, draining him of his flames and his precious oxygen.

And those are just SOME of the ways Flash can win. He's being SEVERELY underrated here.

15 minutes of prep is not NEARLY enough for the FF to win. Especially since they don't know it's Flash coming.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Metalmanx
The Flash wins 100/10.

The Flash cannot be fairly matched up with anyone under Superman's speed. no expression

I disagree....just because a character doesn't have superspeed, doesn't mean they wouldn't make a formidable challenge for Flash....just look at Captain Cold, Mirror Master, and Gorilla Grodd. Hell, I think Thor would make an awesome match for Flash even though Thor doesn't possess superspeed like the likes of Superman...(although some people would tend to argue this)

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Muck101
Oh, and really, reed could spill flammable gell onto the floor, torch could light it up, and they'd see where Flash's path would lead. Since I'm pretty sure he cant get burnt going so fast, but there would be a trail of extinguished flame behind him, no?

Honestly, I think he'd be going too fast for even a flame to latch on to him. Or to follow anymore than a couple of feet for that matter.

Muck101
The Flash wins 100/10.

I don't really think thats always so. No one but supes could even come close to catching him, but what about Juggernaut? I just can't see flash damaging him.

Muck101
Actually, I think Reed's fight would be the easiest.

All Flash has to do is vibrate all over Reed's body, in effect, superheating him. Once he reaches a certain point (which will take mere seconds), Reed will most likely melt. Or become completely useless. Or just a vibrating hand through the head would do it.

Thing, just as easy. One, just one, IMP will put Thing down.

Invisible Woman: Her shields can only stand so much. As soo as they go down, so does she.

Human Torch: Flash creates a vicious vortex that creates a vaccum around HT, draining him of his flames and his precious oxygen.

And those are just SOME of the ways Flash can win. He's being SEVERELY underrated here.

15 minutes of prep is not NEARLY enough for the FF to win. Especially since they don't know it's Flash coming.

Very true. I wasn't taking into account all the nifty things flash can do with his speed. Sorry. I've been spanked.

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Good question....but I think Flash could KO Sue before she could concentrate to make a forcefield probably...and also, would Flash's punches affect Reed. Would the Flash be able to hurt Reed at all?? Could Reed just make his body malluable enough so that he could absorb anything Flash throws at him? What do the rest of you guys think? I think the Flash and Reed fight alone would pose an interesting battle....let alone Flash against the rest of the F.F. Discuss................................. He ties reed to a pole and wraps him around the globe smile

Grimm22
considering they are prepping for Doom, not Flash and they only have 15 minutes...

Yeah the FF are screwed

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Muck101
I don't really think thats always so. No one but supes could even come close to catching him, but what about Juggernaut? I just can't see flash damaging him.

He doesn't have to damage him really. A battlefield-removal will work just fine against Juggernaut. Or he could simply grab him, run, and leave Juggy in the Speed Force. Or he could run him 5 gajillion years into the future. Just saying, he's got so many options.

That's why super-speed is the greatest power, in my opinion.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Grimm22
considering they are prepping for Doom, not Flash and they only have 15 minutes...

Yeah the FF are screwed

What if the FF knew who the Flash was and what he could do? Do you think 15 minutes would be enough time for Reed to prepare something to counter Flash's speed? Or do you think Reed would still need more time than 15 minutes? What do the rest of you think? Could Reed whip up something in 15 minutes IF he knew it was the Flash coming and was familiar with what he could do????

Metalmanx
Nah. Even with knowing it's Flash coming to get them, 15 minutes of prep is still NOWHERE near enough time to prepare any sort of defense or offense against Flash.

Wally West
I think it is, especially when its Reed Richards getting the prep. If they know Flash is coming and get 15 minutes prep, they can stop him, the FF deal with cosmics all the time,

Metalmanx
For someone with a Wally West Avatar and Sig, you sure are greatly underestimating Flash here. erm

Reed's prep-time ability is being overrated. Sure, if he had more time, he could do something. But 15 minutes? What's he going to do that Flash can't just easily overcome?

masterbruce
Originally posted by Wally West
I think it is, especially when its Reed Richards getting the prep. If they know Flash is coming and get 15 minutes prep, they can stop him, the FF deal with cosmics all the time,

what do you think FF could come up with in 15 min? Have you ever seen Reed come up with something big in 15 min?

Reed usually has days or weeks at least to come up with his stuff. Yet people here think he can whip up ANYTHING in even less than a hour.

Martian_mind
The fifteen minutes prep would be useless just because flash could run back in time fifteen minutes after the fifteen minutes had passed and then kill the FF.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Martian_mind
The fifteen minutes prep would be useless just because flash could run back in time fifteen minutes after the fifteen minutes had passed and then kill the FF.
Ha, I was going to say that.

The only thing I could think of that would really help Reed is if he just happened to have a time manipulating machine laying around, along with a handful of devices to counteract it, so he can try to neutralize some of Flash's speed. But that doesn't really stop Flash from entering the Speed Force and becoming the kinetic god like I hear he can do.

Bentley
If you are only giving him 15 minutes it depends of two factors: Whatever he has in his lab (where in hell is he going to get the stuff he needs in 15 minutes?) and if he knows he is facing flash.

Reed doesnt even have to come up with something big here, just a psychic wave that goes from where they are in circles, Flash cannot detect mind attacks so his speed is a non factor, he goes down like a chump (Reed doesnt need anything cosmic killing to deal with a fast dude). THAT SAID, this is a Reed who had prep reading Flash comics or something, not knowing what he can do or his limitations, well, lets just say that I would have problems finding ways to deal with him and I know what Flash can do.

Grimm22
For someone with a Wally West Avatar and Sig, you sure are greatly underestimating Flash here. erm

Reed's prep-time ability is being overrated. Sure, if he had more time, he could do something. But 15 minutes? What's he going to do that Flash can't just easily overcome?

Reed isn't being overrated, Flash is being underrated

Flash's powers are far too complex to prep out with only 15 minutes

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Grimm22
Reed isn't being overrated, Flash is being underrated

Flash's powers are far too complex to prep out with only 15 minutes

You basically just said what I said but with a more positive spin towards Reed. Go figure. stick out tongue

Accel
Reed can probably think of something to take care of Flash in 15 minutes, but people need to remember that he doesn't have Majestic-level inventing speed.

I doubt 15 minutes would would be enough time for him to construct any thing from scratch unless it was a toaster or something.

Bentley
Originally posted by Accel
Reed can probably think of something to take care of Flash in 15 minutes, but people need to remember that he doesn't have Majestic-level inventing speed.

I doubt 15 minutes would would be enough time for him to construct any thing from scratch unless it was a toaster or something.

QFT

Mordum
Flash will drop a multiverse on the F4's domepiece.

ThePittman
Well without them knowing its Flash they are screwed but if they did I see many things they can do. One Sue creates a shield around the building and Flash runs into it a super speed and SPLAT! Reed uses his time machine and goes find Flash before the mind control and tells him to beat the crap out of Doom.

BobbyD
My guess is Flash is just well.... too fast.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by ThePittman
Well without them knowing its Flash they are screwed but if they did I see many things they can do. One Sue creates a shield around the building and Flash runs into it a super speed and SPLAT! Reed uses his time machine and goes find Flash before the mind control and tells him to beat the crap out of Doom.

Ah, but then Flash could run back in time before Reed does. And then kill them all. Flash wins again.

ThePittman
Ah, but then Flash could run back in time before Reed does. And then kill them all. Flash wins again. No because Reed has 15 minutes before Flash goes.

Metalmanx
No no, you miss the point. As soon as Reed goes back in time, Flash goes back in time right behind him. Bam.

Or hell. As soon as Reed goes back in time, Flash's past self goes back in time. Flash has every advantage here.

ThePittman
No no, you miss the point. As soon as Reed goes back in time, Flash goes back in time right behind him. Bam.

Or hell. As soon as Reed goes back in time, Flash's past self goes back in time. Flash has every advantage here. Why would Flash go back in time to stop Reed from warning him that Doom is going to take over his mind? laughing After Reed warns him the fight is over.

bigbran
Flash isn't going back in time, how many times has he done so?

Flash 10/10.

Soujaboy
I hate Flash, he's as bad as Doc Strange around here. The man has one amazing speed feat a year and everyone's under the impression that he can damn near defeat anybody..

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Soujaboy
I hate Flash, he's as bad as Doc Strange around here. The man has one amazing speed feat a year and everyone's under the impression that he can damn near defeat anybody..

...Just one? blink

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?rpl=050629054718

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Soujaboy
It's a fact that, like Doctor Strange, Flash pretty much does whatever he needs to. Whether it be jobbing to an extended foot or outrunning himself in a 1 man footrace across reality or ridiculous crap like that.

Rewmac
I suppose Reed can come up with an anti-gravity field or a gravity plus 100 feat field or something. 15 minutes is a lot of time if we are talking about Reed Richards. The good question would be what happens if Flash doesn't really go in just do the thing what he did before the Dark Flash saga on anti-monitor...Just crash the building and then use his speed to put the people down...

lorddreamer
Originally posted by Rewmac
I suppose Reed can come up with an anti-gravity field or a gravity plus 100 feat field or something. 15 minutes is a lot of time if we are talking about Reed Richards. The good question would be what happens if Flash doesn't really go in just do the thing what he did before the Dark Flash saga on anti-monitor...Just crash the building and then use his speed to put the people down...

How does Reed know to prepare something like that? Even though I agree that that would be a pretty good defense against a lot of villains. And in response to that, Flash might run away, then run back at them. He'd be moving too fast to be effected by the GF. Make any sense?

I think this is very unfair. Reed has no way to know what to prepare, nor does he have the time to hop up anything to beat anyone like Flash, nor could he react to Flash (obviously). If Flash is going BloodLust, its just not fair.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by lorddreamer
How does Reed know to prepare something like that? Even though I agree that that would be a pretty good defense against a lot of villains. And in response to that, Flash might run away, then run back at them. He'd be moving too fast to be effected by the GF. Make any sense?

I think this is very unfair. Reed has no way to know what to prepare, nor does he have the time to hop up anything to beat anyone like Flash, nor could he react to Flash (obviously). If Flash is going BloodLust, its just not fair.

To make it fair, I'm letting Reed and the F.F. know that it's Flash that's coming for them....and Reed knows who Flash is and what he can do. That evens the odds somewhat for the F.F. Sorry for not originally stating that.

So with Reed knowing his enemy and what he can do, and still only having 15 minutes, could he come up with something to defeat the Flash?

ThePittman

lorddreamer
I'd say he has a much better chance. Flash 7/10 As i said, it'll be hard still to stop Flash...

Jyppe
One possibly out come might go like this.

FF get the message. They prepare by drinking coffee and eating doughnats (How ever you spell it.. Donuts..mmm) Thing eats too many and has to take a crap. So do Reed & Torch. While the boys are taking a huge dumb, IW is left alone.

She then creates an invisible force field around herself. Now, the 15 minute prep time is over and Flash-Doom runs in at the speed of light. He notices IW, and as the arrogant bastard he is, he runs at her at the speed of light, without knowing that she had an INVISIBLE forcefield up. Doom-Flash then runs at the speed of light RIGHT into the force field, KOing him, and possibly IW too. At this moment, the boys come back from their huge.. I mean huge. Bathroom break and see IW and D-F next to each other unconcious. Reed then kills them both as he thinks that this red devil has seduced her wife. He takes the ultimate nullifier and blasts.. Thing the ugly son of a b*tch.. Then they all stand up and laugh.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by lorddreamer
I'd say he has a much better chance. Flash 7/10 As i said, it'll be hard still to stop Flash...

I agree completely.

TheGreenJordan
Could Reed really make something complex enough to stop the flash in 15 minutes? Im sure something that complex would take a little more than 15 minutes to make :/

MR.Grum
infanent mass punch anyone?

cowboy
Originally posted by MR.Grum
infanent mass punch anyone?

oooooooooooooooooYYYEEEAAAHHHH Happy Dance smokin'

MR.Grum
infanent mass punch anyone? and i dont wana here any barrier crap or johhnys solar flare if he can out run death its self..you want me to go on with this or is this thing over?

MR.Grum
lol fear the flash pwnage

ThePittman

Swanky-Tuna
You know, all he has to do is run past the Baxter building at some breakneck impossible speed with his collateral damage prevention unit switched off and rip a tear across that entire section of the city.

H. S. 6

Rewmac
If Wally goes all out Speedforce tricks on FF and the Baxter building. Reed has nothing against the Flash to fight. Even IW can't come up with a barrier so fast.

MR.Grum

ThePittman
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Erm....

"> Speed force aura
> When moving at superspeed, Wally West is able to surround himself with an aura of Speed Force Energy. It extends out from his body enough to cover objects or even persons carried by him, and allows him to treat them as extensions of his person for purposes of speed powers. The aura also protects Wally from the effects of hitting stationary objects (so instead of turning to hamburger he'd just hit as if he were running normally and ran into it) and keeps his passing from causing sonic booms and massive collateral damage everywhere he goes at superspeed. The aura can be controlled to where such sonic booms and effects on the environment are allowed, however." You have got to be kidding me, add it to another reason why I hate DC so much. Flash is a fricken God.

hes protected by speed force buddy and he would break every toy reed has befor read could even come up with a plan im mean comon the flash can breakdance on lava not even jesus could do that. Yes but Reed can kill Gods and entire universes, with a flip of a switch.

MR.Grum
You have got to be kidding me, add it to another reason why I hate DC so much. Flash is a fricken God. hes not a god he dose have his jobber moments but jobbing aside yea he prity much is. no expression

ThePittman
Other than a cosmic nothing can beat Flash from what I have seen, Superman would be a punk b*tch to him.

MR.Grum

Yes but Reed can kill Gods and entire universes, with a flip of a switch. if reed was a threat to god or the multivers specter would have pwned him by now

MR.Grum
Other than a cosmic nothing can beat Flash from what I have seen, Superman would be a punk b*tch to him. zoom would probly give him ownage to no expression

ThePittman
if reed was a threat to god or the multivers specter would have pwned him by now hum wrong universe

great_dane
his aura protects him from heat, this is why he doesnt burst into flames while running faster then speeds of light in picoseconds. (human torch is out). the thing would do absolutely nothing to him but giv him momentum while hitting him for the others. anything sue brought up would be having to hold back tornados,imps,heat touches,sonic boom finger snaps, and multi-dimensional/time travelng attacks. which we all know, she can't do. now as for reeds, i don't think not even he can survive getting ran into the end of time, as flash did in his fight with death. the Fantastic 4 against flash is like 4 kids TRYING to put up a fight against a grown ass man

ThePittman
A few other things Reed could do in 15 minutes before Flash can more. Blow up Latvia (sp?), send Latvia to the N zone, mess with the reality around the Baxter building, time machine, hack into NORAD and send a few nukes to Latvia and so on.

MR.Grum
A few other things Reed could do in 15 minutes before Flash can more. Blow up Latvia (sp?), send Latvia to the N zone, mess with the reality around the Baxter building, time machine, hack into NORAD and send a few nukes to Latvia and so on. things flash could do to reed in less then a sec. everything!!

ThePittman

MR.Grum

ThePittman

MR.Grum

ThePittman
thats prep time why would flash let that happen Because Reed get 15 minutes of prep time as the thread stated.

MR.Grum
Because Reed get 15 minutes of prep time as the thread stated. reed would just find a way to tap into speed force and use it himself and spend the rest pf the 14mins to grab a snack or something

ThePittman

MR.Grum

ThePittman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.