Batman vs The Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
both movie versions of each, from Batman Begins and the latest 2004 Punisher film.

i actually at first thought Batman would take this easy, but ive noticed or realized Punisher can use stealth tactics(which obviously arent as good as Batmans but still) and scale buildings with the right equipment. what happens then?? confused

and they get 24 hours of prep and their whole arsenal of gadgets/weapons available.

Batman: Nomex survival suit, memory cloth cape, graphite kevlar-lined cowl with earphone antenna and communications device, kevlar gloves with lead shot, remote control pad for the Tumbler annd pick locks inside, bronze bladed arm gauntlets, ninjas spiked steel toed boots with HF transponders(calls in bats).
Also: razor sharp small/large batarangs with an acid-etched enhancement, concussion batarangs, grapnel gun with cartridges and jumplines, mini mines, flash grenades, nerve and tear gas, regurgitant, smoke grenades, heat sensitive flexible periscope, cell phone, first aid kit, radar, optic cable, electrical hacking device and voice-activated control for the Batmobile.

Punisher has: M16A2 with M203 grenade launcher and a bayonet, M82A1 Barrett .50 caliber sniper rifle, hand cannon, survival knife, kevlar vest, 3 frag grenades and a grapple hook.

Howard_Jones
You gave him a 50 cal rifle?

HA!

PRAYERRUN
Bats should still be able to beat the Punisher.

braz
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
Bats should still be able to beat the Punisher.

agreed, but still its a much better fight because the Punisher can almost engage Batman directly, and all it takes is one straight shot to possibly kill Bats. but he wont even get that. Bats beats him.

Howard_Jones
So, if he sits about four blocks away and fires a .50 cal bullet into his brain, Batman wins?

In a 24 hour prep time, Frank has the battlefield set and ready for Batman to come down, and just takes him from a distance. He's not going to attempt some sorry Kung-Fu crap when the bullet can do the talking.

Reaper777
hmmm.....Marine Vs Rich kid

Batman kicks @$$ but I have to give this one to punisher...

Stupid Rookie
bats would totally take this. He is too smart and tricky, and fighting skills are far better.

Reaper777
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
So, if he sits about four blocks away and fires a .50 cal bullet into his brain, Batman wins?

In a 24 hour prep time, Frank has the battlefield set and ready for Batman to come down, and just takes him from a distance. He's not going to attempt some sorry Kung-Fu crap when the bullet can do the talking.

Nah... Its more fun if you take out is legs with the sniper rifle, and shoot him in the head with the hand cannon after saying some kick @$$ remark...

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
bats would totally take this. He is too smart and tricky, and fighting skills are far better.

Reminds me of a line from Robocop.

"Think you can outsmart a bullet?"

Soljer
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Reminds me of a line from Robocop.

"Think you can outsmart a bullet?"

Good point.

Problem: Batman has the voice activation and the remote control for the Tumbler/Batmobile.

A fifty cal is great, but it isn't penetrating the batmobile. Either of them.

And if this is 89 Batman Batmobile, it has some nice little machine guns inside.

Evangel94
First you said they get their whole arsenal available to them and 24 hours prep. Then you listed what they get instead of their actual whole arsenal. Which is it?

braz
Originally posted by Evangel94
First you said they get their whole arsenal available to them and 24 hours prep. Then you listed what they get instead of their actual whole arsenal. Which is it?

well for Batman, that is his entire arsenal of gadgets from the movie plus even more. for the Punisher i didnt feel like listing every single weapon he has in his storage houses which is so much its not even funny, so i just picked out what i thought would be most ideal for him: a high caliber sniper rifle to snipe off the rooftops of buildings looking for Batman, an M16 for distance and sufficient firepower, M203 for low-level demolition, some grenades as well and a shotgun and knife for CQC.

Muck101
You know, Bats has all the gadgets, but come on. Punisher is a MARINE. A damn MARINE. We're talking the best combat training available. Marksmanship too. Not to mention he's THE PUNISHER. He's taken down groups of men without all that fancy shmancy crap Bats has. And he's never had to call his butler for help, or rely on a bunch of bats to save his butt.

braz
Originally posted by Muck101
You know, Bats has all the gadgets, but come on. Punisher is a MARINE. A damn MARINE. We're talking the best combat training available. Marksmanship too. Not to mention he's THE PUNISHER. He's taken down groups of men without all that fancy shmancy crap Bats has. And he's never had to call his butler for help, or rely on a bunch of bats to save his butt.

that is true, but Batman has never had to squeeze a trigger or simply rely on guns as anyone in this world could be a threat with a gun in their hand. and Marines arent the best, SEALs are. and hes even had special-ops training in that too.

Metalmanx
The Punisher is far beyond any Marine or SEAL training. He does everything. Marines, SEAL, Black-Ops training...he's not some everday soldider. He's THE soldier.

I'm not saying who wins, but this is a VERY close fight.

Typhus
If it's movie versions, than Punisher. Batman had some ninja training, but Castle's had years of combat training. Also, the guy's been through a lot more than Bats. Movie version's just all around more seasoned. Bruce has got the edge in tech, but Franks got the experience and the guy can take one hell of a beating and keep going.

braz
Originally posted by Metalmanx
The Punisher is far beyond any Marine or SEAL training. He does everything. Marines, SEAL, Black-Ops training...he's not some everday soldider. He's THE soldier.

I'm not saying who wins, but this is a VERY close fight.

indeed wink

Stupid Rookie
The Batman prep is being seriously underrated here. He could create gagets and plans that Punisher could only dream of. His training would allow him to get to P before he even notices him.

Reaper777
The Batman prep is being seriously underrated here. He could create gagets and plans that Punisher could only dream of. His training would allow him to get to P before he even notices him.

It definately wouldnt be A one sided fight, but I still Give it to punisher 8/10...

Metalmanx
Originally posted by braz
both movie versions of each, from Batman Begins and the latest 2004 Punisher film.

Stupid Rookie
I really wasn't that impressed with the Movie Punisher. Compare how he attacked Howar Saint's club, with how Bats took out the Drug smugglers and captured Falconi.

Castle got shot, and was much more sloppy than Bats. Most of the people Punisher killed were not highly trained operatives, and fell pray to childish attacks that a good soldier should have been prepared for.

Bruce on the other hand took out several members of the League of Shadows, and even Ras Algul himself.

Batman movie feats, are greater than anything Frank did in the movie.

braz
I really wasn't that impressed with the Movie Punisher. Compare how he attacked Howar Saint's club, with how Bats took out the Drug smugglers and captured Falconi.

Castle got shot, and was much more sloppy than Bats. Most of the people Punisher killed were not highly trained operatives, and fell pray to childish attacks that a good soldier should have been prepared for.

Bruce on the other hand took out several members of the League of Shadows, and even Ras Algul himself.

agreed, and Batman doesnt just simply rely on guns to get the job done, which pretty much almost anyone could do, but just nonlethal high-tech gadgets and his skills he trained for. if u remember, Ducard says: "invisibility is a matter of paitience, and agility." and he has his grapnel gun and memory fabric to give him the illusion of flight. thus, having thugs saying: "i heard he can disappear," and "can he really fly"?
making Batman seem much more impressive when those are superpowers and Batman truly accomplishes them with just his skill, wits and high-tech gadgetry.

Metalmanx

Did you just compare Castle, even movie Castle, to Falconi's goons? What the f**k?

braz
^Frank was def better than those guys and could take all them out as well IMO, but not good enough to beat Batman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.