post-civil war Fantastic Four team revealed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
well...here they are....

Storm
Johnny
T'challa
Thing

http://previews.diamondcomics.com/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=23&s=213&ai=35682

Draco69
Not surprising in the least.

NiņoAraņa
i wasno expression

Darth Vicious
It kinda make sense. They removing Sue and Reed"tool" Richards and replacing them with another married couple. It wont last tough.

Validus
*continues ignoring 616 F4*

Howard_Jones
Please no Hudlin.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Validus

I've only just started to get into FF comics ... only because of the Hulk, the Mjolnir thing and Civil War though.

no expression

xmarksthespot

NiņoAraņa
where's Grimm, he should be here to ***** right about now.....

Grimm22

Grimm22
The worst part about this is I GUARANTEE Hudlin is going to write the Thing in BP's own book as a mopey jewish guy who connects with T'Challa by being a 'minority' roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gregory
I don't get what Marvel's thinking, here.

Now, I'm not a huge Marvel fan, and my FF knowledge is pitiful, but it seems to me that some teams can change members, and some teams just can't. X-Men, JLA, Avengers, Defenders, JSA ... they've been gaining and losing members since they were first introduced. You want to remove two members from the X-Men and replace them with two new members, and nobody will give a damn. Same with all the others.

But that Fantastic Four? The Fantastic Four are Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, and Thing. Everybody knows this. I've never picked up an issue of Fantastic Four in my life, and I know their roster. There's litchen on Mars that knows the Fantastic Four's roster. They're not like the X-Men or the Avengers, where you can alter their roster and nobody cares. They're iconic.

Well, that's how it seems to me. I don't know what Marvel is thinking.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Grimm22
Black Panther being written by a GOOD author..AWESOME! thumbup

Storm being on a team where nobody even cares about her but her husband who only married her because Marvel thought it would be "cool" if two Africans were a couple despite having little to no previous history together... no expression

But hey Black Panther! eek!

The worst part about this news is that Ben won't be traveling the world in a new Marvel Two-in-One book which I was OH SO HOPING for sad

Oh well, this will last 5 issues, then everything will be back to normal erm

I would have rather seen Thing fall in love with that nice petite gray boulder down the street.

Soujaboy

thumb up

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Gregory

Now, I'm not a huge Marvel fan, and my FF knowledge is pitiful, but it seems to me that some teams can change members, and some teams just can't. X-Men, JLA, Avengers, Defenders, JSA ... they've been gaining and losing members since they were first introduced. You want to remove two members from the X-Men and replace them with two new members, and nobody will give a damn. Same with all the others.

But that Fantastic Four? The Fantastic Four are Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, and Thing. Everybody knows this. I've never picked up an issue of Fantastic Four in my life, and I know their roster. There's litchen on Mars that knows the Fantastic Four's roster. They're not like the X-Men or the Avengers, where you can alter their roster and nobody cares. They're iconic.

I fully understand what u r saying but having Civil War in mind, it makes perfect sense. After the way Reed has been behaving nobody cant blame Sue for leaving his ass and it would be ridiculous for them to just go back together after CW like nothing happen. The team has been pretty much broken up for the past 4 months or so and this is just a transition period. It probably wont last for more than a few months.

manjaro
i knew it was gona be t'challa when he told stark that he was hgonna stay in america and oppose him as long as he damn well pleases

DigiMark007

Co-signed.

*goes to read Ultimate FF...much better read*

Draco69
The problem with the 616 FF is that they've done nearly everything they could.

I mean for heaven's sake they met GOD! erm

Howard_Jones
Meh. I don't see everybody's problem with the FF. I still enjoy their book.

MightyEInherjar

Damn right.

Howard_Jones
Though that's true, they've switched rosters before, if Sue is pregnant or Reed goes on Sabbatical.

Now Storm and Panther have white slaves. Huzzah.

grey fox
Hudlins writing !

Dear sweet jesus this thing is f*cked. No hope now , their (The F4) going to be getting race hate calls and the thing is going to be doing stereotypical jewish things while Johnny makes stupid 'black jokes' even though he's had no history of it beforehand.

ARGH i can see it all flashing before my very eyes.

marvelprince
Hudlin is not writing this series. McDuffie is. Hudlin probably will write the other FF characters in his BP series though

StarsNeverFall7
Am I the only one who about fell off of their chair when they read that? May of just been me though...

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox
Hudlins writing !

Dear sweet jesus this thing is f*cked. No hope now , their (The F4) going to be getting race hate calls and the thing is going to be doing stereotypical jewish things while Johnny makes stupid 'black jokes' even though he's had no history of it beforehand.

ARGH i can see it all flashing before my very eyes.

Word!

gun_bandana dj

no expression

Grimm22

Post-Waid/Wieringo FF? Ignore

Waid/Wieringo FF? Awesome!

pr1983

i didnt before, but i will now... thats a pretty shitty fantastic four imo... yeah, they'll stomp galactus for sure... roll eyes (sarcastic)

could i BE any more patronising? i doubt it... f*ck you marvel...

damn straight...

marvelprince
Originally posted by pr1983
i didnt before, but i will now... thats a pretty shitty fantastic four imo... yeah, they'll stomp galactus for sure... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Actually Panther is very resourceful. He's beaten the Fantastic Four on his own before. Plus Storm is hella powerful when she cuts loose. Implying that the team is weak (or stupid) portrays a lack of knowledge about the characters

Ichigo66666
Originally posted by marvelprince
Actually Panther is very resourceful. He's beaten the Fantastic Four on his own before. Plus Storm is hella powerful when she cuts loose. Implying that the team is weak (or stupid) portrays a lack of knowledge about the characters

They have no real intelligence on the team, the most powerful member is gone.(IW) Storm is a sh*t to her. BP is Reeds little toe in smarts.

pr1983

it doesnt actually... in comparison to their predecessors (and their predecessors roles within the f4), they are rather weak... IW has ten times the power that storm has (even in civil war recently she stopped a full on lightningblast from clor, whose hammer was at least partly designed by reed himself). i'm not saying panther isnt resourceful or intelligent, but he doesnt compare to reed when it comes to pure scientific smarts... erm

hell, reed is the one they went to when they needed to build a prison to hold superheroes...

marvelprince
it doesnt actually... in comparison to their predecessors (and their predecessors roles within the f4), they are rather weak... IW has ten times the power that storm has (even in civil war recently she stopped a full on lightningblast from clor, whose hammer was at least partly designed by reed himself). i'm not saying panther isnt resourceful or intelligent, but he doesnt compare to reed when it comes to pure scientific smarts... erm

Storm is not a weakling. I'll let some Storm fans educate you here but just cause she can't make shields doesn't make her weak. She's definitely more powerful than Crystal and she was on the FF.

hell, reed is the one they went to when they needed to build a prison to hold superheroes...

They went to Reed because he's already registered. Why would they go out of their way to get Panther if Reed is willing and able? Reed has acknowlegded Panther's genuis many times in the past so why is it an issue here? Plus Ant-Man filled on for Reed before and Panther is definitely smarter than he is

pr1983
Storm is not a weakling. I'll let some Storm fans educate you here but just cause she can't make shields doesn't make her weak. She's definitely more powerful than Crystal and she was on the FF.

trust me, i know storm... i've read most of the x-men comics ever written (bar the original x-factor, which i cant seem to get my hands on for love nor money sad), so i think i know a little bit about her. i didn't say she was a weakling at all, all i said was that she isn't on sue's level, which is correct...

and it has nothing to do with shields, it has to do with going up against the kind of enemies the f4 does on a daily basis...

reed is also probably the smartest man in marvel... im not saying panther is stupid at all, he's a great leader, and wakanda (sp?) is one of the most technologically advanced countries on marvel earth. all i'm saying is that he's below reed, its not as if he's in bad company, peter parker, beast, those guys are smart too, but they arent up with reed are they?

and pym is a frickin genius, he's as close to reed as anyone is...

Draco69
The FF4 is all about cosmic threats.

If I were facing Galactus, I would want the Invisible Woman on my side. Not Storm. What's she gonna do? Rain on him?

If I were facing Abraxas, I would want Richards on my side. Panther is smart...but not Richards smart.

erm

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69
What's she gonna do? Rain on him? erm

he could always use her to help wash down that last planet... stick out tongue

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Draco69
If I were facing Galactus, I would want the Invisible Woman on my side. Not Storm. What's she gonna do? Rain on him?
Instant hurricanes made of tornados that are made of lightning, instantly. Instantly at mach 6.

xmarksthespot
Storm is not a weakling. I'll let some Storm fans educate you here but just cause she can't make shields doesn't make her weak. She's definitely more powerful than Crystal and she was on the FF. Crystal can be very powerful when it's for something she cares about. And she'd beat Storm. erm

Waid/Wieringo FF? Awesome! What was so incomprehensible about this:

pr1983
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Instant hurricanes made of tornados that are made of lightning, instantly. Instantly at mach 6.

hysterical

double hysterical for your sig...

marvelprince
Whatever. You just can't please some people. Personally I'll be picking this up

Scoobless
I'll probably stop reading FF again after the Civil War/Thor shenanigans are over.

smile

H. S. 6
Why does the link in the first post lead to a site that says "Classified Information," and does not show in any way a new F4 line-up?

marvelprince
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Why does the link in the first post lead to a site that says "Classified Information," and does not show in any way a new F4 line-up?

Because looks like that information was supposed to be classified and someone let it out. Can you say oops!

King_Mungi
HA! it did show a cover of Storm, Black Panther, Human Torch and Thing all together. However, the site took it down now.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by King_Mungi
HA! it did show a cover of Storm, Black Panther, Human Torch and Thing all together. However, the site took it down now.

Okay. Wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. stick out tongue

willRules

You kinda just answered your own question. Marvel is thinking "If we change the line up of the FF, people like Gregory will be sooo shocked, it's more likely to give us greater publicity and in turn greater sales. Then several months later (At the very, very most) we will bring Reed and Sue back."

Don't get me wrong I'm not criticising or condoning the new line up, I want to see what the storyline is like first. If it's anything like civil war itself then it should be good for a week or 10. smile

H. S. 6
Originally posted by willRules
You kinda just answered your own question. Marvel is thinking "If we change the line up of the FF, people like Gregory will be sooo shocked, it's more likely to give us greater publicity and in turn greater sales. Then several months later (At the very, very most) we will bring Reed and Sue back."

Don't get me wrong I'm not criticising or condoning the new line up, I want to see what the storyline is like first. If it's anything like civil war itself then it should be good for a week or 10. smile

thumb up

Lucid Lui
Bah, they took out the two interesting characters.

I'd rather see Sue, Reed, Storm and T'Challa, even if it could potentially turn into the double date team.

Maybe we'd get lucky enough to see some swinging action.

pr1983
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Bah, they took out the two interesting characters.

I'd rather see Sue, Reed, Storm and T'Challa, even if it could potentially turn into the double date team.

Maybe we'd get lucky enough to see some swinging action.

laughing

S-Ranger
Ewwww sucky what's Doom going to do now when BP gets royally owned or hands out some owning himself to Doom via Wakanda.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by S-Ranger
Ewwww sucky what's Doom going to do now when BP gets royally owned or hands out some owning himself to Doom via Wakanda.
For some reason, I'm getting a kick out of imagining Doom trying to awkardly interact with them as if he's never seen a black person before.

Errr... can Doom touch your hair? Haha, it's like wool! Doom is tickled!

grey fox
For some reason, I'm getting a kick out of imagining Doom trying to awkardly interact with them as if he's never seen a black person before.

...and then everyone beats the writer to death.

willRules

laughing

Swanky-Tuna
...and then everyone beats the writer to death.
The writer is my imagination and it knows no bounds.

pr1983

laughing

grey fox
The writer is my imagination and it knows no bounds.

Then you'll be lobotomised , sorry swank but DOOM (Bah) may NEVER be reduced to Comedic Side-character !

Grimm22

Um, No no expression

Crystal can control all elements

Which means the weather as well as environmental manipulation

Crystal also isn't an annoying ***** like Storm wink

Grimm22

Storm isn't going to do **** to someone like Doom or Annihilus no expression

Panther also, isn't nearly as resourceful or as smart as Reed

So yeah, its just going to be Thing and Torch fighting while Panther tells everyone why he's cool because he's black and Storm will just be a *****

Martian_mind
Man Grimm really not feelin the panther love flowin from you.donatello

stormfront13
Storm isn't going to do **** to someone like Doom or Annihilus no expression

apparentlly you didn't see the fight where storm knocked doom on his ass

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by stormfront13
Didn't she only short out the glove of his robot after going on a power boosting freak out?
Then you'll be lobotomised , sorry swank but DOOM (Bah) may NEVER be reduced to Comedic Side-character !
That's why it's so funny. Nobody ever said anything about putting it in a comic.

Grimm22

Hudlin's interpretation of Doom was as accurate as JMS's interpretation of Gwen Stacey roll eyes (sarcastic)

Entity
Hudlin's interpretation of Doom was as accurate as JMS's interpretation of Gwen Stacey roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stacey wasn't a whore and she sure as hell didn't screw that old sob Osborn. That was the absolute worst Spiderman story I have EVER read.
And I have read ALLOT of Spidey!

Sparkz
Originally posted by Entity
Stacey wasn't a whore and she sure as hell didn't screw that old sob Osborn. That was the absolute worst Spiderman story I have EVER read.

i don't think the story made her a whore but I don't like how she slept with Osborn, and how after like 3 yesr of ating she and Peter never slept together made no sense to me that didn't.

But he should have just stayed away from Gwen stacy just shouldnt go into that part of Peter's life rarely gives a good story.

Sparkz

Waid/Wieringo FF? Awesome!

I agree Waid/Wieringo actualy got me back into FF I used to find them realy bland and those stories were awsome just I can't find more than 4 arcs sad

marvelprince

To me that story never happened

Sin's what now? Gwen did what?

Entity
To me that story never happened

Sin's what now? Gwen did what?

Exactly...
I hate retcons and usually wish they would just do away with it but, now I see why it exist.

Sparkz
Its Strange JMS does realy well with like 8 story arcs then suddenly fails on a random one he bases around Gwen Stacy. Still one of my favourite writers even sins past was quite a good read as long as you have no idea who Gwen stacy was.

Entity
Originally posted by Sparkz
Its Strange JMS does realy well with like 8 story arcs then suddenly fails on a random one he bases around Gwen Stacy. Still one of my favourite writers even sins past was quite a good read as long as you have no idea who Gwen stacy was.

Well, I do have a very good idea of who she was and it blew!!!
AMAZINGLY!!!

Entity
Back on topic thou.

I actually like the new line up. I have actually considered this a line up for the F4 before actually but, with Iceman and Colossus instead of Torch and Grimm. Kinda of another AoA to go with the Spiderman, Hulk, Wolverine and Ghost Rider one.

stormfront13
hey grimm, it still happened, and it's still consiered canon

Grimm22
hey grimm, it still happened, and it's still consiered canon

Only in the minds of Storm Fanboys and Hudlin roll eyes (sarcastic)

bigbran
Actually Panther is very resourceful. He's beaten the Fantastic Four on his own before. Plus Storm is hella powerful when she cuts loose. Implying that the team is weak (or stupid) portrays a lack of knowledge about the characters Still doesn't explain on how they will beat Galactus?
Storm will probably KO him in their first fight... no expression

They should take out Storm and put someone interesting, like that Blob-Girl or someone...

Grimm22
Originally posted by bigbran
Still doesn't explain on how they will beat Galactus?

They should take out Storm and put someone interesting, like that Blob-Girl or someone...

Basicly, anyone with actual history with the FF

And of course, the Storm fanboys are going to say, "but, She-Hulk didn't", yeah but Thing asked her to take his place in the FF

BP's going to offer to join the team, and Johnny will say sure, but then T'Challa will say, but you have to take my stupid wife too

So they say screw it, why not, its not like its going to last anyway

stormfront13
Only in the minds of Storm Fanboys and Hudlin roll eyes (sarcastic)

hey, i don't agree with it either, but we have to accept what is written in a canon comic

marvelprince
Still doesn't explain on how they will beat Galactus?

Its not like Sue was the reason the FF beat Galactus. Panther's a genuis, I'm sure he'll poke around Reed's lab and find some doomsday device that Reed left just in case

xmarksthespot
hey, i don't agree with it either, but we have to accept what is written in a canon comic Uh.. no we don't...

stormfront13
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Uh.. no we don't...

yeah, if it's printed in a canon comic, then it's usually something a reader should accept. last i checked, you didn't hold authority over marvel editors. we may not agree with it, but it was printed

Entity
yeah, if it's printed in a canon comic, then it's usually something a reader should accept. last i checked, you didn't hold authority over marvel editors. we may not agree with it, but it was printed

I'm with marvelprince, screw the editors, sins past never happened! mad

bigbran
Its not like Sue was the reason the FF beat Galactus. Panther's a genuis, I'm sure he'll poke around Reed's lab and find some doomsday device that Reed left just in case Ya, Reed was the reason, and the Watcher.
BP might be a genius, but what has he done on Reed's level with all his supposed intellect?
He sure as hell shouldn't be doing anything to Galactus is what that is.
BP would have to poke into his lab, that we have some plot device, that we don't ever remember Reed having, or making, to beat Galactus.

Grimm22
BP has some supposible plan to defeat Galactus somewhere in his office or something like that

Of course, its only a theory, its not a real plan

Scoobless

You obviously never read that Spider-Man comic where Doom got attacked at the airport.

Ever seen a guy in a suit of armour try to get through a metal detector?

stick out tongue

marvelprince
I'm with marvelprince, screw the editors, sins past never happened! mad

Sin's what?

Ya, Reed was the reason, and the Watcher.
BP might be a genius, but what has he done on Reed's level with all his supposed intellect?
BP would have to poke into his lab, that we have some plot device, that we don't ever remember Reed having, or making, to beat Galactus.

Nothing I can think of off the top of my head, but really who has? Maybe we'll see him really hitting the books before the Big G arrives? No one is as smart as Reed but the FF has gotten by without him before. Scott Lang and Peter Parker have both filled in as the resident geniuses when Reed's been out and Panther is smarter than both of those guys. He'll do just fine

xmarksthespot
yeah, if it's printed in a canon comic, then it's usually something a reader should accept. last i checked, you didn't hold authority over marvel editors. we may not agree with it, but it was printed Sometimes things written are crap. Plain and simple.

Scoobless
Sins past wasn't a bad story.

no expression

Grimm22
Originally posted by Scoobless

no expression

bangin

marvelprince
Originally posted by Scoobless

no expression

Sin's wat now?

Honestly, as a story it wasn't bad. As a story with Gwen? It doesn't exist

Scoobless
I liked the new Goblins.

stormfront13
Sometimes things written are crap. Plain and simple.

yeah, it was crap, but it is still written as canon wether you and i like it or not

willRules
The art for sins past was great and the storyline had really good potential, but I think I would have preferred it if they turned out to be Peter's kids but it didn't matter as they both die or something yes

nimbus006
Ya, Reed was the reason, and the Watcher.

The reason we have never seen Black Panther do anything on Reeds level before (or even close to it) is b/c in the past BP has been concerned only with what is going on in Wakanda, which has never dealt with nearly as many threats as the F4. Now, Panther has inserted himself into global affairs putting himself in the spotlight. Hopefully we will start to see Panthers true intellect and potential when and if he begins to take on major threats such as Doom, Annihilus etc...

P.S Im in no way saying BP is on Reeds level of intellect, I'm simply stating that he is one of greatest minds on Marvel Earth.

pr1983
Originally posted by nimbus006
P.S Im in no way saying BP is on Reeds level of intellect, I'm simply stating that he is one of greatest minds on Marvel Earth.

i doubt there's anyone who would disagree with you on that point...

its just, imo, a question of whether reed's intellect and sue's power have been suitably replaced...

imo they havent... moreso its storm's inclusion that i'm against to be honest though... i mean, sue is one of the most powerful earth based people in marvel, and yet, they bring in storm...

just doesn't cut it imo... erm

Grimm22

its just, imo, a question of whether reed's intellect and sue's power have been suitably replaced...

imo they havent... moreso its storm's inclusion that i'm against to be honest though... i mean, sue is one of the most powerful earth based people in marvel, and yet, they bring in storm...

Don't let the storm fanboys hear you say that laughing

pr1983
Don't let the storm fanboys hear you say that laughing

meh... if they don't like it, they can go tell chris claremont... stick out tongue

Superherovandal
BP has some supposible plan to defeat Galactus somewhere in his office or something like that

Of course, its only a theory, its not a real plan
I thought his plan was to take his people off the planet not defeat Galactus. Seriously they need to bring Galactus back to his all-powerful levels. Sometimes it feels like the heralds get better showings.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by willRules
The art for sins past was great and the storyline had really good potential, but I think I would have preferred it if they turned out to be Peter's kids but it didn't matter as they both die or something yes

Deodata Jr. One of my favorite artists, when he's on point.

And I agree with the story. It was very well written, just... well, it sucked if you liked Gwen. stick out tongue

However, in written comics, I'd say they're portrayed as nearly the same power levels. So who's truly "more powerful" doesn't mean much. erm

Swanky-Tuna
i mean, sue is one of the most powerful earth based people in marvel, and yet, they bring in storm...
Maybe the trade off is less single target damage for more lady skin.

Grimm22
Well apparently, the FF are going to be stationed in Wakanda now erm

I wonder how Hudlin will play that off in BP laughing

T'Challa: Yeah...Johnny, you can't stay on the team now that we're stationed in Wakanda, because,..well, white people aren't alllowed to live here

Johnny: WHAT! What about Ben?!? He's white!

T'Challa: Actually, he's an....orange..rock...thingy...so he can stay

Johnny: WTF?!?

pr1983

And I agree with the story. It was very well written, just... well, it sucked if you liked Gwen. stick out tongue

However, in written comics, I'd say they're portrayed as nearly the same power levels. So who's truly "more powerful" doesn't mean much. erm

i really, really, really hate chris claremont... and i still think sue has better showings... even recently, that forcefield in civil war to stop clor's bolt wasnt half bad... and when she made that cylinder that went the entire length of the baxter building...

Maybe the trade off is less single target damage for more lady skin.

pretty much...

Well apparently, the FF are going to be stationed in Wakanda now erm

I wonder how Hudlin will play that off in BP laughing

T'Challa: Yeah...Johnny, you can't stay on the team now that we're stationed in Wakanda, because,..well, white people aren't alllowed to live here

Johnny: WHAT! What about Ben?!? He's white!

T'Challa: Actually, he's an....orange..rock...thingy...so he can stay

Johnny: WTF?!?

laughing

xmarksthespot
i really, really, really hate chris claremont... and i still think sue has better showings... even recently, that forcefield in civil war to stop clor's bolt wasnt half bad... and when she made that cylinder that went the entire length of the baxter building... I liked the cylinder. "Do I look like I need protecting?"

Still don't find the FF particularly interesting... and no doubt replacing Sue and Reed will only further that.

pr1983
I liked the cylinder. "Do I look like I need protecting?"

Still don't find the FF particularly interesting... and no doubt replacing Sue and Reed will only further that.

i'm actually in the same boat you are...

i always respected the f4 as one of marvel's big teams, but the comic never held as much appeal to me as others did...

H. S. 6
i really, really, really hate chris claremont... and i still think sue has better showings... even recently, that forcefield in civil war to stop clor's bolt wasnt half bad... and when she made that cylinder that went the entire length of the baxter building...

True, but Storm's decently powerful as well, and if they need to, Marvel can simply amp her powers or give her higher showings.

willRules

LOL true. There is one thing I don't understand about Sins Past. If the twins were Norman's kids with Gwen and not Peter's, why did Gabriel look like Peter so much?

p.s i have spoiler tagged the event because for anyone who collects the British comics of Spidey, the Sins past storyline has just started yes

pr1983
True, but Storm's decently powerful as well, and if they need to, Marvel can simply amp her powers or give her higher showings.

oh god, why dont i have a smilie of that eugene from the wwf clapping...

cos seriously, and i dont like this word, but amping that woman any more would be seriously retarded...

xmarksthespot
Meh... the BP Storm FF will not last very long.

"Let's pull Storm out of X-Men comics and make her BP's doormat to boost BP sales..."
"Ooops we're pissed off Storm fans now."
"Let's chuck them both in the FF and cast aside Reed and Sue."
"Oh crap, no one's buying FF anymore..."

pr1983

"Let's pull Storm out of X-Men comics and make her BP's doormat to boost BP sales..."

spot on...

King_Mungi
Anyone see Micheal Turner's Fantastic Four cover? now that's a Fantastic Four series I would buy

Human Torch, Thing,...Stardust, oh and of course Silver Surfer

invisiblewoman

yes

xmarksthespot
Imho, the only reason they're being put into the FF is to try and draw people who read FF into buying Black Panther. The only thing that's been keeping the book afloat is events (HoM, Civil War) and crossovers (Wild Kingdom); with the exception of those issues it's basically been sliding down in sales towards cancellation since issue #1.

Post-Civil War with no more event tie-ins, and having severed ties with the X-Men precluding further crossovers with Uncanny/Astonishing/adjectiveless (at least believably), Reed and Sue have been shoved aside.

I expect there'll be several FF/BP crossover story arcs that will only make sense with the BP parts in attempt to force people to buy BP...

Darth Vicious
Anyone see Micheal Turner's Fantastic Four cover? now that's a Fantastic Four series I would buy

I dont buy it as the new line up. Storm and Black Panther make more sense. Why would Galactus bother with them anyways?

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9770/newff692e7dmf4.th.jpg

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I dont buy it as the new line up. Storm and Black Panther make more sense. Why would Galactus bother with them anyways?

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9770/newff692e7dmf4.th.jpg It's probably just supposed to throw people off, since the other Michael Turner cover was accidentally released. Although it would be an interesting line-up...

King_Mungi
It is to throw people off, I'm positive it's Storm and BP as the new members.

Darth Vicious
Interestingly enough the 1st question way back on CW was:

1) Which pair of heroes will join the Fantastic Four after Civil War?
A) Luke Cage and Jessica Jones
B) Human Galactus and Silver Surfer
C) Storm and Black Panther
D) She-Hulk and Hawkeye

I dont even wanna fathom a human Galactus on the team.

marvelprince
Imho, the only reason they're being put into the FF is to try and draw people who read FF into buying Black Panther. The only thing that's been keeping the book afloat is events (HoM, Civil War) and crossovers (Wild Kingdom); with the exception of those issues it's basically been sliding down in sales towards cancellation since issue #1.

Post-Civil War with no more event tie-ins, and having severed ties with the X-Men precluding further crossovers with Uncanny/Astonishing/adjectiveless (at least believably), Reed and Sue have been shoved aside.

I expect there'll be several FF/BP crossover story arcs that will only make sense with the BP parts in attempt to force people to buy BP...

Are the sales really that bad? Most books tend to decline from number one and in Marvel the boosts came in the form of HoM and even more from CW. Unless the BP numbers are really in the toilet I wouldn't use the trend as an accurate meaure seeing as how most books also follow the same formula (regular numbers, then event, higher sales, event ends sales go back to normal)

xmarksthespot
Are the sales really that bad? Most books tend to decline from number one and in Marvel the boosts came in the form of HoM and even more from CW. Unless the BP numbers are really in the toilet I wouldn't use the trend as an accurate meaure seeing as how most books also follow the same formula (regular numbers, then event, higher sales, event ends sales go back to normal) I'm probably exaggerating a tad, I'm not sure what's considered cancellation territory these days; under 20k maybe? Emma Frost had mid-20s sales and was cancelled. Mystique had low 20s.

It's difficult to discern a trend due to the boosts every few months from one event or another. The book dropped from 50k to 35k in the first arc, then had a boost for 3 issues from HoM and the X-Men crossover. The next arc continued a downward trend from 32k at issue #10 to 26k at issue #13. Then the build-up to the Storm/BP wedding started in the Bride of Panther arc, which seemed to give it a slight boost again, and a major boost at issue #18 (70k) with the Wedding/CW tie-in. But next few non CW issues were back in the mid 20s again. I don't think the book would have fared nearly as well as it has (which isn't particularly fantastic) without all the events and crossovers.
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I dont even wanna fathom a human Galactus on the team. Think of all the zany hijinks there could be though with Johnny and Galactus...

Lucid Lui
Stardust will be in the issue...

http://www.marvel.com/i/content/62629297_full7869415.jpg

But yeah, i highly doubt he'll be on the team.

King_Mungi
Stardust is great, but yeah two heralds on the team? doubtful.

Glad he is making more of an apperance, his "end" in Annihilation was to quick.

Lucid Lui
Yeah, i'm looking forward to the Heralds one shot he/she'll (has that been cleared up yet?) be appearing in. Good to see more panel time for Stardust.

King_Mungi
Yeah, i'm looking forward to the Heralds one shot he/she'll (has that been cleared up yet?) be appearing in. Good to see more panel time for Stardust.

Not yet, he's pure energy so he might even be neither. Also yeah same, also is it Terrax and Stardust that are the two Hearlds appearing together? I forgot.

Lucid Lui
Yeah, it's Terrax/Stardust in #1 and Surfer/Firelord in #2.

King_Mungi
I dislike Terrax, but I will get it for Stardust. I assume Red Shift died? I know Morg and Fallen One are still currently deceased.

TricksterPriest

hystericalhystericalhysterical I love this board. Why is Storm even being considered for being part of the FF? The Doom thing was about as much PIS as Namor and that ****ing table. I'll agree Panther isn't as smart as Reed, but unless annihilation stops over on earth, I think he can handle it until this shitty Civil War event is over. Sue needs to bitchslap Reed a few times. Sue taps the same power as Hyperstorm does, she just uses it in a more limited way. Storm is nowhere near her match. She's never been written well for more than an arc or 2 recently. Hmmmm, maybe the reason she's in is because the writers play alot of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2? laughing rolling on floor laughing

Fallen was revived by Thanos, wasn't he? Or did he die in Annihilation? Morg's dead for sure. I know Stardust was refered to as a She recently, to which I say, "Damn, she's flatter than Lina Inverse."

King_Mungi
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Fallen was revived by Thanos, wasn't he? Or did he die in Annihilation? Morg's dead for sure. I know Stardust was refered to as a She recently, to which I say, "Damn, she's flatter than Lina Inverse."

He was revived and then killed again by Aegis and Tenebrous.

TricksterPriest
Ouch. that was fast. laughing Oh well, cool character, but shitty personality. So is there any hope for this incarnation of the F4 with Hudlin writing? Can BP be saved?

Grimm22

thumbsup

JMS leaving? No BP and Storm on the team? Freakin Stardust and Surfer joining? Who says the FF's book has no future big grin

Lucid Lui
Nah, they won't join. Ben and Johnny are gonna go round for a few months looking for new members and try a bunch of people out until they realise that the team only works with the original 4 and they'll all get back together and group hug and whatnot.

Something like that...

Darth Vicious
Nah, they won't join. Ben and Johnny are gonna go round for a few months looking for new members and try a bunch of people out until they realise that the team only works with the original 4 and they'll all get back together and group hug and whatnot.

Something like that...

Sounds good to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.