Afro Samurai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blaxican
W00t!

A black person in Anime. This show will automaticly be better then all the others.

Dusty
Looks awesome. Could use some better sound effects in the trailer, though.

Kayne Archeron
"this shit is off the CHAIN"

Remulous
I heard it's gonna be shown on Spike T.V, is that true?

Kero_Co
yep. It was supposed to come out this year(I think late november) but was moved to January. I can't wait. It's either going to be really good or really mediocre.

dirkdirden
looks mediocre from the preview, but its hard to tell story line from a clip of a fight.

Souichiro Nagi
Yeah it will be shown on Spike TV. This Friday or Thurday, i set it to record already on DVR. It's gonna be awesome. A anime with a black person in it, this will be cool.

Kayne Archeron
Samuel L. Jackson + Anime = about freakin' time

boobsmagee
idk this anime looks a lil lame to me( i already posted here but strangely i think my post dissappeared erm)
despite i think there are some great black characters in anime, this looks too ghetto gansta typa deal to me and im not sure ill like it, samuel l jackson is an amazing actor and all but his voice isnt one to really suit another person or character's that well im not sure this will be that good but illw atch it when it comes out

Tallis
Watch the first episode here. It has like 2 preview in between but just watch through them to get see the full ep.

Its F'UCKING AMAZING. He pulls Kenshin feats with out breaking a sweat, I think he could probably beat Kenshin and Mugen at the same time.

http://www.spiketv.com/mods/afro/player/index.jhtml

LORDSIDIOUS01
Sam Jackson is the best. Afro Samurai should definitely rock.

Bardiel13
Saw the first episode, thought it was wonderful. I think they're trying to copy the style of Samurai Champloo. Anyway, why is everyone raving about a black guy in an anime? It's far from the first time... huh

Dusty
Holy shit. Saw the premier. Amazing fights!

Souichiro Nagi
It's the first time for me. Along with Bleach with Chad in there, I seen some of the begging episode. Holy shit! I love the unique fighting style. Afro Samurai was watching his dad fight. And Justice the villian cuts his head clean off!

Blaxican
Originally posted by Tallis
Watch the first episode here. It has like 2 preview in between but just watch through them to get see the full ep.

Its F'UCKING AMAZING. He pulls Kenshin feats with out breaking a sweat, I think he could probably beat Kenshin and Mugen at the same time.

http://www.spiketv.com/mods/afro/player/index.jhtml

omfg this show is going to be sooo awsome!

I agree, Afro is so badass, some of his moves... off the frigan chain.

animewatcher13
since this show was made here does its count as an anime becouse i thought all animes were made in japan

Chrnoebl
Yea

Hidden Lotus
is this like the first anime or whatever you guys think it is that stars a black person?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Afro rocked can't wait until ep 2.

Hidden Lotus
me neither

Tallis
Originally posted by Hidden Lotus
is this like the first anime or whatever you guys think it is that stars a black person?

No but it is the first anime to star a black person in the leading role

Hidden Lotus
oh. thats cool

Dusty
3rd episode came on today.

Holy shit, it was epic.

KILLBILLFREAK
what's the guy with the white hair name??

Tallis
His name is

Ninja Ninja

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.