Magneto vs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rutog98
How would Magneto do against these people one-on-one:

Selene

SuperSkrull

Hulk

Again, these people are fighting Magneto one-on-one. This is not Magneto vs. them together.

Metalmanx
It all REALLY depends. Magneto's powers have fluctuated so many times during his career, it's hard to gauge where he is most of the time.

Rutog98
Originally posted by Metalmanx
It all REALLY depends. Magneto's powers have fluctuated so many times during his career, it's hard to gauge where he is most of the time.

Well, lets give Magneto his best without any technology or outside power enhancing agents being employed.

Metalmanx
In that case, I'm not sure about Selene, just because I never truly understood how she's ever beaten. However, Hulk and Superskrull go down quickly.

Rutog98
In that case, I'm not sure about Selene, just because I never truly understood how she's ever beaten. However, Hulk and Superskrull go down quickly.

Selene has been beaten by Rachel while she was avatar of the Phoenix. She was overwhelmed in a TP duel.

I can't see Magneto beating SuperSkrull, sorry. If he truly has both Torch's and Invisible Woman's powers, what is MAgneto going to do? SS could put a force-field around himself to shield himself from Magneto's Iron in the blood grab and take it to him very hard with his powers. He also most likely has greater stamina than Magneto does.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Rutog98
Selene has been beaten by Rachel while she was avatar of the Phoenix. She was overwhelmed in a TP duel.

I can't see Magneto beating SuperSkrull, sorry. If he truly has both Torch's and Invisible Woman's powers, what is MAgneto going to do? SS could put a force-field around himself to shield himself from Magneto's Iron in the blood grab and take it to him very hard with his powers. He also most likely has greater stamina than Magneto does.

How is a shield around himself going to stop Magneto from affecting his insides? What the f**k?

Magneto would rock a Superskrull. Hard.

Brian Oswald
And IW shields are nothing against tons of metal smashing them

Rutog98
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
And IW shields are nothing against tons of metal smashing them

SuperSkrull is not just going to hide behind shields. I don't know much about him, but if his powers are anything like Invisible Woman's, then he can produce a tremendous amount of force in the way he projects his force-field. Add to this Torch's powers and Ben's strength and range he would have with those fists owing to Mr. Fantastic's elasticity and I really think its a toss up.

Nobody knows about Magneto vs. Selene, eh?

Metalmanx
Nobody knows about Magneto vs. Selene, eh?

Thing is, she's also a telepath, along with a wide assortment of other powers. By the way, does Magneto get his psi-blocking helmet?

Rutog98
Thing is, she's also a telepath, along with a wide assortment of other powers. By the way, does Magneto get his psi-blocking helmet?

Yes, as well as his willpower.

Grimm22
A non-jobbing Super Skrull would definitely have chance erm

Howard_Jones
The best fight would be against Super-Skrull. I would love to see that one.

ExodusCloak
Hulk goes down easily.

Telepathy won't be very useful seeing how he has his helmet...and he has psi-talents of his own....but that doesn't mean he could beat her in a psi-duel.
I can't think of a way for him to put down Selene. Especially when she goes into her Shadow Form. Plus she could just make his own attire attack himself. And then there's all her other powers....I can't see her being put down...Selene would take it.

In the Super Skrull fight I'd give it to Magneto :/

Rutog98
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Hulk goes down easily.

Telepathy won't be very useful seeing how he has his helmet...and he has psi-talents of his own....but that doesn't mean he could beat her in a psi-duel.
I can't think of a way for him to put down Selene. Especially when she goes into her Shadow Form. Plus she could just make his own attire attack himself. And then there's all her other powers....I can't see her being put down...Selene would take it.

In the Super Skrull fight I'd give it to Magneto :/

The big problem I see in Selene vs. Magneto is her getting through his force-field. Yet, at the same time, any piece of metal he tries to grab, she can reduce to dust or challenge him for dominion over it with her control over inanimate objects. She has her super speed, she is impervious to convention injuries such as bullets and stab wounds, she has magic, telepathy and hypnotism. It would probably come down to endurance. She could try and crush his force-field by commanding the rock in the area to squeeze it while telepathically assaulting him. He would have to split his concentration between reinforcing his field against her attack, fighting off her telepathy and trying to counter. Its goes back and forth...

Magneto vs. SuperSkrull is a hard fight that I have always wondered about and wanted to know what others thought.

How about Magneto vs. Banshee, White Queen, Rogue (with super strength and Ms. Marvel powers), Bishop and Cyclops together as a team?

ExodusCloak
The big problem I see in Selene vs. Magneto is her getting through his force-field. Yet, at the same time, any piece of metal he tries to grab, she can reduce to dust or challenge him for dominion over it with her control over inanimate objects. She has her super speed, she is impervious to convention injuries such as bullets and stab wounds, she has magic, telepathy and hypnotism. It would probably come down to endurance. She could try and crush his force-field by commanding the rock in the area to squeeze it while telepathically assaulting him. He would have to split his concentration between reinforcing his field against her attack, fighting off her telepathy and trying to counter. Its goes back and forth...

Magneto vs. SuperSkrull is a hard fight that I have always wondered about and wanted to know what others thought.

How about Magneto vs. Banshee, White Queen, Rogue (with super strength and Ms. Marvel powers), Bishop and Cyclops together as a team?

Don't forget her Shadow Form...she's literally a shadow in that form..and can't be harmed...except via telepathy. Plus her control over inanimate objects should give her the win.(She makes his helmet attack himself)

Magneto would beat the X-team you listed. Emma's useless because he has his helmet and can fight off her telepathy via his own psionic/telepathic talents. He gives them all strokes....just found a scan which shows he has super reflexes as well.

Rutog98
Don't forget her Shadow Form...she's literally a shadow in that form..and can't be harmed...except via telepathy. Plus her control over inanimate objects should give her the win.(She makes his helmet attack himself)

Magneto would beat the X-team you listed. Emma's useless because he has his helmet and can fight off her telepathy via his own psionic talents. He gives them all strokes....just found a scan which shows he has super reflexes as well.

Can Selene reach his helmet through his force-field though or would his force-field inhibit her ability to control what he is wearing behind it?

Emma would be a distraction for Magneto. Banshee's scream might be able to penetrate the field. Maybe not knock it down, but Magneto can still hear people through his force-field. I can remember an issue where Banshee unleashed a scream at a pitch that rendered an entire city unconscious. Cyclops adds his optic blasts to occupy Magneto while Rogue sneaks in with Bishop so he can touch MAgneto's force-field and absorb it leaving him open to Scott's blasts unprotected. I think the X-MEn can strategize this one and win.

ExodusCloak
Can Selene reach his helmet through his force-field though or would his force-field inhibit her ability to control what he is wearing behind it?

Emma would be a distraction for Magneto. Banshee's scream might be able to penetrate the field. Maybe not knock it down, but Magneto can still hear people through his force-field. I can remember an issue where Banshee unleashed a scream at a pitch that rendered an entire city unconscious. Cyclops adds his optic blasts to occupy Magneto while Rogue sneaks in with Bishop so he can touch MAgneto's force-field and absorb it leaving him open to Scott's blasts unprotected. I think the X-MEn can strategize this one and win.

Hmm...good point...and I'm not sure...but there's still nothing he can do to harm her in Shadow Form.

Magneto would give the team strokes before they can formulate a thought.
Super Reflexes remember.
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/2830/xmenunlimted0023839mw8.th.jpg

batdude123
Yeah, Selene's a beast. Anyway...

You're overthinking it. The ways you listed to take down Magneto would take time.... time they aren't going to be granted.

Magneto could literally end the entire fight in a second if he wanted to... erm

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by batdude123
Yeah, Selene's a beast. Anyway...

A Beast whose millennia old...and is currently making out with a 16/17 year old.... stick out tongue

That is quite gross...actually no expression

Worse then Gabriel(Mind of a 13 year old) and Deathbird....getting it on.

batdude123
A Beast whose millennia old...and is currently making out with a 16/17 year old.... stick out tongue

Well she DOES have the power to stay pretty.....

ExodusCloak
Well she DOES have the power to stay pretty.....

But he saw her when she was old and wrinkly..

batdude123
But he saw her when she was old and wrinkly..

I heard Selene slipped him drugs... ninja

Scoobless
I'm gonna go ahead and say that Super Skrull could take Magneto.

Same way everyone claims IW could beat Doom/Kang/Whoever.... force field in the brain.

Sue wouldn't do that because she isn't a killer, SS on the other hand, would kill the population of an entire city just to defeat his enemy.

no expression

batdude123
Originally posted by Scoobless
I'm gonna go ahead and say that Super Skrull could take Magneto.

Same way everyone claims IW could beat Doom/Kang/Whoever.... force field in the brain.

Sue wouldn't do that because she isn't a killer, SS on the other hand, would kill the population of an entire city just to defeat his enemy.

no expression

Read the scan.

Magneto would tear her apart WAY before she'd (or Super Skrull in this case) get the chance to do anything to him.

Scoobless
Read the scan.

Magneto would tear her apart WAY before she'd (or Super Skrull in this case) get the chance to do anything to him.

This scan?

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/2830/xmenunlimted0023839mw8.th.jpg

How does that have anything to do with Super Skrull?

manorastroman
(apparently) magneto's neurons fire approximately 14.5 times faster than a normal humans.

magneto could bubble super-skrull's brain as easily as vice-versa. bubbles aren't dominion of invisible woman's powers, you know. anybody who can create a forcefield, and certainly someone with magneto's versatility, can do the same.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by manorastroman
(apparently) magneto's neurons fire approximately 14.5 times faster than a normal humans.

magneto could bubble super-skrull's brain as easily as vice-versa. bubbles aren't dominion of invisible woman's powers, you know. anybody who can create a forcefield, and certainly someone with magneto's versatility, can do the same. 14.5? I thought that said 1450.

Scoobless
Originally posted by manorastroman

magneto could bubble super-skrull's brain as easily as vice-versa. bubbles aren't dominion of invisible woman's powers, you know. anybody who can create a forcefield, and certainly someone with magneto's versatility, can do the same.

Um ... Super Skrull is about as far from a "normal human" as you can get.

Bubble in the brain wont kill him as he has Reed's elasticity and a Skrull's natural shapeshifting abilities.... slice and dice doesn't work against the average Skrull because of this.

manorastroman
1450 percent, which translates to 14.5. so shapeshifting and eleasticity prevents brain damage? smells like fish...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.