Quezzy for thosethat have been to US

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

drewbiefan
Ok. I am very into the USA! As many of you probably know already, I would so love to become from somewhere in the states oneday stick out tongue
But i am a little frustrated, I know that probably al the states would be so much fun! However, I have had my heart set on california, it is my dream!
For those that either live or have been to different states, or even one, can you tell me what states you dislike, like and why? As it would give me a good impression on choosing where is best to gosmile
Not so bothered about places imparticular, unlessit is the main city of the state of course, but I just generally want to know by persons individually what different states are like!
Also, not sound rude but does anyone have any photos that they took whilst on vacation or of where they live that i could seesmile ?

Bardock42
I dig New England somehow. Florida and Arizona were nice for the vacations, not sure if I would like to live there though. Yeah. Something like that.

Mr. Bacon
i also love new england, especially mass and maine but florida is nice also yes

drewbiefan
Oh also forgot to mention, although Maine, New Hampshire and those areas look absolutely beautiful, i am very into western, and Colorado is also a interest of mine, but I would personally say by seeing photographs that a lot of the eastern states look similar to here, I am not really keen on here.But i bet I would love New England though:P
I would die to live in a home in Florida. I love the palm trees, modern homes and the look to the roads, omg I would just love to live there big grin But i am afraid of hurricanes lol. CA looks a little like there by photos, that is why i Love CA because of the scenerystick out tongue
I want to go to Boston. I know it depends on what you like in a place, well I love cities and some places with the scenery i love, like palm treessmile

Mr. Bacon
i have never been out west but i would lik to sometime, colorado and montana especially

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by drewbiefan
Ok. I am very into the USA! As many of you probably know already, I would so love to become from somewhere in the states oneday stick out tongue
But i am a little frustrated, I know that probably al the states would be so much fun! However, I have had my heart set on california, it is my dream!
For those that either live or have been to different states, or even one, can you tell me what states you dislike, like and why? As it would give me a good impression on choosing where is best to gosmile
Not so bothered about places imparticular, unlessit is the main city of the state of course, but I just generally want to know by persons individually what different states are like!
Also, not sound rude but does anyone have any photos that they took whilst on vacation or of where they live that i could seesmile ? Im from Massachusetts... and New England area is one of the most beautiful places... if I could though I would move to Bethlehem (sp?), PA... that way I would be pretty close to NYC.. dont think I would actually want to live in NYC

anyways California is good... very expensive but so is the east coast

San Fransico is amazing in_love... great food! and sites.

if I went to live on the west coast - I would live in Seattle smile

Morning_Glory
Oh also forgot to mention, although Maine, New Hampshire and those areas look absolutely beautiful, i am very into western, and Colorado is also a interest of mine, but I would personally say by seeing photographs that a lot of the eastern states look similar to here, I am not really keen on here.But i bet I would love New England though:P
I would die to live in a home in Florida. I love the palm trees, modern homes and the look to the roads, omg I would just love to live there big grin But i am afraid of hurricanes lol. CA looks a little like there by photos, that is why i Love CA because of the scenerystick out tongue
I want to go to Boston. I know it depends on what you like in a place, well I love cities and some places with the scenery i love, like palm treessmile Florida is blah... its not as exciting as it seems ... imo... people are super nice down there though

drewbiefan
That is kool! smile I wouldnot live in NYC directly either. I am very outgoing, into busier life, but i could not cope with it all the time!!
MA does seem very beautiful, but down south in this country to me just looks the same, knowing me i would get bored of it:P
But i want to go!
Ya i heared that about CA! However depends on the area right? I should be going to CA, southern area next year! I love everything about the weather, the place itself though in CA!smile
Oh it would be my dream! And PA looks good too!

silver_tears
New Jersey is complete shit no expression

~Da Moose~
Also, not sound rude but does anyone have any photos that they took whilst on vacation or of where they live that i could seesmile ?

srug Move to Canada instead.

drewbiefan
Oh i love canada too! I went there this year big grin
Well canada seems a lot safer, laid back and the people are wonderful!
Why is NJ shit stick out tongue?
Why do you say canada instead of US?
well I am scaredof getting shot haha. But there are lovely places in US.
I actually have a cousin in canadastick out tongue

BlackSunshine
Imp and I live in south Texas. Not really much of anything here unless you go to Austin.

drewbiefan
That is the problem, that would annoy me stick out tongue But i think your luckier than me.stick out tongue
Imp?

~Da Moose~
Oh i love canada too! I went there this year big grin
Well canada seems a lot safer, laid back and the people are wonderful!
Why is NJ shit stick out tongue?
Why do you say canada instead of US?
well I am scaredof getting shot haha. But there are lovely places in US.
I actually have a cousin in canadastick out tongue

Coz I live there? It's safer, yeah. smile

BlackSunshine
That is the problem, that would annoy me stick out tongue But i think your luckier than me.stick out tongue
Imp?

Impediment

drewbiefan
What is that?LOL!

Oh where in Canada? big grin
Ya i was shocked to see the crime rates and how diferent, low they were in canada than in USA!

BlackSunshine
What is that?LOL!

Hes a member here on KMC. Maybe you dont know him ermmsrug

silver_tears
New Jersey is shit because it's all like industrial looking and disgusting, where I was anyways erm

~Da Moose~
What is that?LOL!

Oh where in Canada? big grin
Ya i was shocked to see the crime rates and how diferent, low they were in canada than in USA!

About 2 hours from Toronto.

It's similar in so many ways to the US, and yet so different.

silver_tears
Originally posted by silver_tears
New Jersey is shit because it's all like industrial looking and disgusting, where I was anyways erm

Kinda like Canada's Hamilton sick

drewbiefan
Oh wow, well my friend is equal distance from Toronto LOL!
Yes i agree, the people in canada were definitely alike to here though, that is probably the reaon why i feel at home there, because english places and even the french side, theyre just totally my way of living big grin
But yea i could live in cnada, definitely! Especially where my cousin is, because it was not as boring haha. stick out tongue
Oh that is a member? Oh right.

dirkdirden
Arizona is ok. no natrual disasters other than drought and heat, but they aren't too bad. It is home to the worlds worst drivers too thats always nice. It's 70 degrees outside right now in winter so that is a plus, and there are a ton of mountain ranges for skying and snow. ASU is the number 1 party school 2 years in a row so says playboy.

Californa is nice as well but I wouldn't want to live there unless I was very rich. I lived there for a year making 92,000 a year and I wasn't making enough money to enjoy myslef. So I moved to Arizona making a little less but liveing much better.

Colorado is VERY nice if you like cold weather. Job market sucks but the mountains are nice and the people are nice and no real natural disasters doesn't have that bad of crime.

It all depends on what you are looking for.

Soleran
Send me 100$ and I'll submit a nice easy to read synopsis of the west coast, east coast and midwest of the USAsmile

They all have their ups and downs and it really depends on what you're goals are in the trip.

drewbiefan
Oh wow, well my friend is equal distance from Toronto LOL!
Yes i agree, the people in canada were definitely alike to here though, that is probably the reaon why i feel at home there, because english places and even the french side, theyre just totally my way of living big grin
But yea i could live in cnada, definitely! Especially where my cousin is, because it was not as boring haha. stick out tongue
Oh that is a member? Oh right.
Ok industrial, what do you mean? probably like here, it is not boring here at all, thankfully but NJ probably has similararities to here. I do not like the look of here though.

Mr. Bacon
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
Im from Massachusetts... and New England area is one of the most beautiful places... if I could though I would move to Bethlehem (sp?), PA... that way I would be pretty close to NYC.. dont think I would actually want to live in NYC

fellow mass-hole!

drewbiefan
ignore this post

Mr. Bacon
Im from Massachusetts... and New England area is one of the most beautiful places... if I could though I would move to Bethlehem (sp?), PA... that way I would be pretty close to NYC.. dont think I would actually want to live in NYC

fellow mass-hole w00t

drewbiefan
Originally posted by Soleran
Send me 100$ and I'll submit a nice easy to read synopsis of the west coast, east coast and midwest of the USAsmile

They all have their ups and downs and it really depends on what you're goals are in the trip.
sorry, double posted theremessed

???????????? confused

Ya i agree, but i would certainly not want to go somewherethat was pretty dangerous, i have never been in that situation. Oh and i love desrty places, so i would suit in Nevadastick out tongue

Hidden Lotus
i live in california and its not as it seems.
everybody thinks its surfers and rich people but it is very different.
not everything is expensive in california.
i am part of an average income family and we live just fine.
its also has pretty nice weather except for the blazin hot summers.

Lana
Chicago is the best yes

Hidden Lotus
nope
Cali is

Lord Paradise
I've never been away from the East Coast, so I can't really tell much.

drewbiefan
I am not into cold weather but i am guessing CO would not be cold in summer right? CA I am guessing is quite wealthy, but I am really hoping I will actually get a good job anywaystick out tongue
Ya i agree, but because US has so much in each state, I would probably love all! Like AZ is great for desert, and NV too, those are my type of thing. However, I think for the sake of not being bored somewhere that has a lot to do, palmtrees and a lot of shopping is just perfect for me.CA is great for me in climate, looks and the homes are perfect for me too. However, I would not lve in certain areas due to how the richer ones make the place so shalow and mean, but terribly. I have heard that especially in the LA area, so i really would have to tour around southern area especially LOL!
Ya i agree with you, I mean here is expensive apparently for things, although I personally do not think so.Chicago is smaller than LA but if people are not so into big big cities, then I guess some would say chicago was bestsmile I think Cali sees best but I bet a lot of others don't.
Ya i have to agree there too, I always think somewhere will be out of this world but when I get to the place it is not.

Lana
Chicago is hardly smaller than LA, only in the past 25 years or so did LA outgrow Chicago in terms of population. It's still a huge city, third largest in the US.

WrathfulDwarf

If you go for California then defenetly visit San Francisco and San Diego.

Lyna303
Colorado, during the weekends in the winter go up to the mountains, during summer go biking or something outside b/c its really dry and hot. You can always locate where u are b/c of the mountains and it has pretty sunrises and sunsets. yes

Naz
Never ever ever go to the Midwest. Ever. Especially South Dakota, North Dakota, or Montana. They are the worst places ever conceived. Louisiana is a nice place if you can stand the heat, the same with Alabama. I like Alabama.

=Tired Hiker=
As a native Californian I've been all up and down the state. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada right now which doesn't compare to California one bit. I really love Northern California. Areas like San Francisco, San Jose, Marin County, basically the bay area is where I grew up and I didn't know until later in life that I basically grew up in one of the awesomest places in the world. I have also lived in Monterey County which was beautiful, the Big Sur wilderness is nearby there, the beaches of Santa Cruz, and it's only a little over an hour from the Bay Area I mentioned earlier. If you go even further north several hours, you'll reach places like Mendocino County where the coast is rocky and beautiful, the types of places you'd expect a pirate movie to be made, and then up in Humboldt County with it's amazing Red Wood forests, you can't beat it. The vibe up there is really laid back as well. The weather may be a bit cold for the most part, but I love that kind of weather, especially up there. Wildlife is everywhere as well and the people do a lot to protect it. I'm convinced that California, especially Northern California, is one of the greatest places in the world.

Lana
Originally posted by Naz
Never ever ever go to the Midwest. Ever. Especially South Dakota, North Dakota, or Montana. They are the worst places ever conceived. Louisiana is a nice place if you can stand the heat, the same with Alabama. I like Alabama.

Umm, those states aren't the Midwest. The Midwest is Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, etc. Which are actually quite lovely.

Impediment
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
Imp and I live in south Texas. Not really much of anything here unless you go to Austin.

Actually, babe, we live in East Texas. South Texas would be areas like Corpus Christi, Houston, and Brownsville. Our little neck of the woods, Huntsville, is more to the East if anything. BTW, Houston isn't all boring, but good spots are few and far between. You have to go all the way downtown by Fannin and Montross to get to the good party areas.

§noopy
Florida is blah... its not as exciting as it seems ... imo... people are super nice down there though Minus Boca Raton, and Florida is plenty exciting.

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by Impediment
Actually, babe, we live in East Texas. South Texas would be areas like Corpus Christi, Houston, and Brownsville. Our little neck of the woods, Huntsville, is more to the East if anything. BTW, Houston isn't all boring, but good spots are few and far between. You have to go all the way downtown by Fannin and Montross to get to the good party areas.

Ah ok well thanks for correcting me stick out tongue

drewbiefan
Oh I want to become californianstick out tongue I want to be able to have memories of being older there, even if I have not had them younger! I heard northern CA is more scenic, southern more Urban. Right? I know I would probably love both! But I doubt I would get to go to northern next year aswell, as I would be travelling there alone lol. I agree over cities, I do not go to one noticing the size, but I think I would love both chicago and LA anyway, maybe chicago has better atmospherestick out tongue
I saw the rockies in canada, loved them! However the place was pretty boring! Montana looks one of those places where, you either love it or you don't. I love dry places, half and half, that is where i first got impression of california! and Nevada too. It is diverse/superb! And of course i would enjoy the hot climate too! Anyone been to Alaska? haha.stick out tongue
Also many foreign talking people are in CA and it makes the place great for visitors and people that want to make it their home.
My cousin is going to Orlando area I think next year. She said it is wondrful! the shopping and everything is great! And i have seen the homes with the pools, how wonderful! But I have also seen the parts that do not lok absoolutely great!
Louisiana appears to have culture so I would probably love it there, the buildings etc.

Strangelove
Also, not sound rude but does anyone have any photos that they took whilst on vacation or of where they live that i could seesmile ? New England. I'm from the midwest, myself, and that's a pretty nice place too. Basically anywhere but the south

(except South Texas of course ninja )

Dusty
USA! beerw00t

Originally posted by Strangelove
New England. I'm from the midwest, myself, and that's a pretty nice place too. Basically anywhere but the south

Illinois is probably the best place to go for a first visit. It would provide a beautiful first impression.

drewbiefan
Anywhere but the south, what do you mean smile ?
Has anyone been to west virginia also? Many seem to dislike it there, although it does look pretty over crowded by too many mountains etc, I always thought it seemed pretty nice. Especially virginia. Although I would fancy seeing the eastern, I know I would definitely prefer oregon, more western states i think. Only a little more thoughstick out tongue
Oh I would love the roads in IL!! omg LOL! stick out tongue
But I also heard that Illinois is rather bring too. But chicago is not going to be boring exactly.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Dusty
Illinois is probably the best place to go for a first visit. It would provide a beautiful first impression. No, Indiana ermm Originally posted by drewbiefan
Has anyone been to west virginia also? Many seem to dislike it there, although it does look pretty over crowded by too many mountains etc, I always thought it seemed pretty nice. Especially virginia. Although I would fancy seeing the eastern, I know I would definitely prefer oregon, more western states i think. Only a little more thoughstick out tongue
But I also heard that Illinois is rather bring too. But chicago is not going to be boring exactly. The south is nice-looking and all, but the people there are usually undesirable.

There are no mountains in the south, just the foothills of the Rockies.

and Virginia's real nice, I've been there a couple times yes

drewbiefan
Although mountains livens the place up a bit, I would not say it is necaasarilly always better to have them, we do not have them here, just old buildings etc.
Well as long as the place has good shopping stores, that is really my main interest. Although it is also great to have modern buldings/culture tothe place. And of course wonderful scenerybig grin But I would still do anything to live anywhere in the US! maybe if I did live somewhere boring in USA I would realise what I have here though.

Slay
I went to LA and Frisco once. I remember asking a bartender what was typically LA, and he answered with ''rich white assholes''. I've pretty much only saw the big cities, hotels, nightlife and such, so I can't tell you how it is to live there...

Dusty
But I also heard that Illinois is rather bring too. But chicago is not going to be boring exactly.

Heed my warning.

Do not go to West Virginia.

Slay
New England. I'm from the midwest, myself, and that's a pretty nice place too. Basically anywhere but the south

Strange. I always pictured you to be British. hmm

Strangelove
Originally posted by Slay
Strange. I always pictured you to be British. hmm so did Spoony, for some reason blink

I don't get it. I've never left North America

Slay
so did Spoony, for some reason blink

I don't get it. I've never left North America
You have a British face. ermm

Thorinn
Originally posted by silver_tears
New Jersey is shit because it's all like industrial looking and disgusting, where I was anyways erm See Tony Soprano? 13

Strangelove
You have a British face. ermm Dr. Strangelove's face or my actual face? ermm

Slay
Dr. Strangelove's face or my actual face? ermm
Your actual face. ermm

drewbiefan
Hmm that is because british are very alike to americans LOL big grin

Why should i not go to WV? There has to be a reason stick out tongue
Boring?

LA i have not lived at no, but i can definitely imagine what stuck up people etc there must be there.

Strangelove
Your actual face. ermm Interesting.

I'm 1 sixteenth British ermm

Thorinn
There are allot of boring places in America, if you stick to the big cities, then you might be guaranteed a decent visit.

If you deviate from that plan, prepare to see the ass backwards people that live in small towns.

No offence if you live in a small town. shifty

drewbiefan
Oh I totally agree. Altough I have not been, I have friends in America, and canada is the same , well a lot of canada. I Stayed in a really really boring town and felt so trapped in, even though it was a nice place. So i am 100% agreeing wth you there stick out tongue
Yes, and of course CA has beahces too! stick out tonguestick out tongue
Well you are certainly alike to britishbig grinbig grinbig grin all of you hehe.

Thorinn
I like Cali, but no way in hell would I live there.

drewbiefan
why not stick out tongue ?
When I have been there, I would probably say it was not as great as I thought, even if I absolutely loved it!

Kongu Dude
Hi. nonewave

Strangelove
Originally posted by Kongu Dude
Hi. nonewave wrong thread erm

Kongu Dude
wrong thread erm
No. dodgy

drewbiefan
Your random a lot lol messed

Lana

Illinois is not boring. Most of the cool stuff is centered around the Chicago area, like all the museums and such downtown, and then things in the suburbs, such as the Brookfield Zoo, which is one of the largest zoos in the US (and is right next to the high school I went to and within walking distance of my house).

Further from the city you have places like Starved Rock State Park, which is simply gorgeous - forests and waterfalls and canyons and ravines, I've been there several times. The northwestern part of the state, like near Galena and such, has low mountains, the western border of the state is the Mississippi River...

It's not a boring state at all. Outside of Chicago it tends to be fairly rural but there's a lot of neat stuff.

drewbiefan
Hmm well chicago would be fun! But i meant the general towns in IL seem boring according to people i talk to about there.
But like i was thinking, i can totally imagine around chicago, what that must be likesmile Missisppi looks kool!

Lana
Well, it doesn't matter WHERE you are, but regular small towns are going to be fairly boring, regardless of state or country. That'll be the same in California or Florida as well. And there is a lot of neat stuff in Chicago and outside of it as well.

drewbiefan
Yes. More so in bigger countries, like here everything is so nearby to each other. But yes i noticed there are also many small, small towns in usa and canada.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.