Jodorowsky's Films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Many of you John Lenon fans have probably heard the name of Alejandro Jodorowsky. Some of you might recall Lenon help market his films in the US. Even thought he was supported by the famous Beatle. Alejandro's name never took off and most of his films were mostly under the radar. Well, I'm making a thread for him here so that some of you get to know his unique disturbing style of filmaking.

If there is a mediocre way to describe Jorodwsky's films it would be something like this:

"He is the Hispanic version of David Lynch"

I had the pleasure (indeed it was for me) to watch two of his films. El Topo (1970) and The Holy Mountain (1973) Both films had some rather disturbing and haunting images with a brush of Religious Allegory in them. Quite personally I feel Alejandro's films possess a disturb twisted visions that make me say....this IS art!

Whenever you can...search for his work.

Solo
My best friend always goes on and on about how great he is, still haven't checked him out though.

WrathfulDwarf
He will be making a film call King Shot later this year.

This could be his final film. I sincerely hope not. I've fallen in love with his films.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
John Lennon.

manorastroman
frankly, david lynch isn't the best man to be compared (to). i've always maintained that if i ever get the chance to do a doctorate on film studies, it would prove that lynch is a hack.

WrathfulDwarf
Lynch is more of commercial mainstream film maker. That is why he is more known than Alejandro. I still like both...but I give the edge to Alejandro.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.