Best Playstation 2 Games!?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mith fox
what are the best playstation 2 games of all time! im into rpg games and action and shooters.

dirkdirden
PS2 doesn't have very many good shooters.

But RPG's are a plenty.

Dragon Quest 8 and Final Fantasy XII are up there.

General Kaliero
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are also excellent adventure/platformer games, if you like those.

God of War is always good for a mindless, bloody action romp.

K73SK
legaia 2, hands down!

mith fox
quake sucks!

Kero_Co
Dark Cloud 2, its my favorite rpg so far.

Lana
Originally posted by mith fox
quake sucks!

And that had what to do with anything?

Rewmac
God Of War, Devil May Cry series, GTA San Andreas, FIFA, PeS

BackFire
Final Fantasy X and XII, Resident Evil 4 if you don't have a gamecube, GTA games if you're into that style, Metal Gear 2 and 3, Gran Turismo 3 and 4 and apparantly God of War is supposed to be outstanding, never played it myself.

mith fox
i didt realy like god of war

H. S. 6
God of War was amazing. The GTA series has always been great. Final Fantasy is supposed to be great; I could never get into them myself.

Katamari Damacy also sparked the interest of many a gamer.

Gregory
Most of these aren't exactly "PS2 games," in as much as they're available on other consoles, but they're available on the PS2.

The Shadow Hearts series. 1 is going to be expensive to get used, but 2 and 3 should be no problem, and they're some of the best RPGs out there. And it is indeed a PS2 exclusive.

Action/shooters? That would be Resident Evil 4.

Everybody talks about the GTA games, as you've just noticed. The actual missions tend to be pretty repetative, and I've never quite understoof the fuss, but they're fun to just screw around with.

You need to play both Psychonauts and Beyond Good and Evil. They're both complete blasts.

Then maybe check out The Suffering. Not the best PS2 game of all time, by any means, but it's good, dark action, and the morality system is pretty cool.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Gregory
Most of these aren't exactly "PS2 games," in as much as they're available on other consoles, but they're available on the PS2.

The Shadow Hearts series. 1 is going to be expensive to get used, but 2 and 3 should be no problem, and they're some of the best RPGs out there. And it is indeed a PS2 exclusive.

Action/shooters? That would be Resident Evil 4.

Everybody talks about the GTA games, as you've just noticed. The actual missions tend to be pretty repetative, and I've never quite understoof the fuss, but they're fun to just screw around with.

You need to play both Psychonauts and Beyond Good and Evil. They're both complete blasts.

Then maybe check out The Suffering. Not the best PS2 game of all time, by any means, but it's good, dark action, and the morality system is pretty cool.

Psychonauts is on Xbox, yes?

Lana
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Psychonauts is on Xbox, yes?

It's also on PS2.

Phat J
star ocean 2, it might be a ps1 game but its still the best rpg i played on my ps2.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by BackFire
Final Fantasy X and XII, Resident Evil 4 if you don't have a gamecube, GTA games if you're into that style, Metal Gear 2 and 3, Gran Turismo 3 and 4 and apparantly God of War is supposed to be outstanding, never played it myself.

Hit the nail on the head, but I'll add a few more.

Shadow of the Colossus
Smackdown vs Raw 2006 if you like wrestling games
Devil May Cry trilogy

Ricodrayz
MGS series, God of War. That's pretty much it for me.

IceJaw
Devil may cry 1 & 3 (the 2nd sucked), Metal gear solid 2 & 3, Final fantasy X, Ico, Shadow of the colossus, GTA san andreas, Jak trilogy and Killzone.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by dirkdirden
PS2 doesn't have very many good shooters.

But RPG's are a plenty.

Dragon Quest 8 and Final Fantasy XII are up there. Yes they do; Half Life, Timesplitters, Red Faction, etc.

Kero_Co
about shadow hearts. I played the first one and enjoyed it for its dark atmosphere, but #3 seems to be more of a comedy type thing. Kung-fu Cats and Frank the Ninja scared me away from the third one. BTW, anyone play Koudelka PS1?
Anyway, don't forget Okami. The game pretty much proves that video games can be an art form.

mith fox
what about the kingdom hearts games i hear there fun?

OB1-adobe
i didt realy like god of war

Havn't played God of war either, Prince of Persia is not that great either

InnerRise
Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII

God of War

Shadow of the Colossus

Indigo Prophecy

Radiata Stories

Kingdom Hearts I and II

Okami

Prince of Persia I, II, and III

..........Catwoman.......hehehe.......Halle Berry.....drool

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

SnakeEyes
Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear Solid 3
God of War
GTA: San Andreas (and all the others for that matter)
Prince of Persia series
Devil May Cry series
Shadow of Colossus

K73SK
quake sucks! you could keep your opinions to yourself. you woudn't like if i said resident evil sucked would you?

Gregory
Originally posted by Kero_Co
about shadow hearts. I played the first one and enjoyed it for its dark atmosphere, but #3 seems to be more of a comedy type thing. Kung-fu Cats and Frank the Ninja scared me away from the third one. BTW, anyone play Koudelka PS1?
Anyway, don't forget Okami. The game pretty much proves that video games can be an art form.

Koudelka was cool, as I recall.. Re: Shadowhearts, #2 was also much more comic then #1. Frank the Ninja is obviously based on Joachim the pro-wrestler vampire superhero, for example. 3, like 2, is a generally comic series that gets dark when it's necessary.

Even #1 leans somewhat towards the comic, as I recall, despite its dark overtones. You power up your weapons by letting yourself be mollested by a gay accupuncturist; not exactly what you'd call "grim and gritty."

I'm sorry, are you seriously complaining because someone gave his opinion of a video game on a video game board?

K73SK
I'm sorry, are you seriously complaining because someone gave his opinion of a video game on a video game board?

yes because every where i post, that's the same comment he gives every time. this thread is not about quake, it's about the best ps2 game, so he doesn't need to give out pointless replies.

Originally posted by SnakeEyes

Prince of Persia series

hell yeah, they even had great music to go along /w the game

yaujta King
Ummm....Resident evil 4 and The warriors

mith fox
i hate resident evil 4 i had for game cube and quake dose suck but i bought my ps2 (sliver slim) and also rented 2 games becasue i didt have enough $ to buy a game (my loca game store has a deal when u purchase a new system u get 12 free rentals of a game or movie ( 1 each month) becasue the games store (game crazy) is contected to a video store (holly wood video) so i rented diger of cerbus and ff XII

Lana

Normally I'd agree with you but the comment was completely out of nowhere AND completely off-topic. Quake hadn't even been mentioned.

mith fox
omg there u go again this is why i dont like u lana

Lana
That's your problem. Rules apply to everyone, including you, and staying on topic is one of them. Posting simply to bait other members is also against the rules.

So, you can follow the rules just like everyone else and get on with life, or you're going to end up banned. End of story. Continue arguing it and you will find your stay here shortened considerably, if not brought to a permanent end.

That's assuming it's not already, for that matter, after the OTF thread.

mith fox
kk ill end it but could u do me a favor??

((The_Anomaly))
Metal Gear Solid 3: Substance. By far THE best PS2 game I ever played.

Lana
kk ill end it but could u do me a favor??

Chances are, no.

mith fox
kk nvm ive made my apolgizes 2 u so now i cant say what i was going to.....

Phat J
i dont know if anyone said this already, but ico is one of the better ps2 games. ico's way better than shadows of the colossus.

mith fox
i rented digre of cerbus and ff XII i like digre better so far but i have played it longer but i like the action it it buy ff XII combat system i like more instead of going into a huge cut sence thing u just have a trun based battle right there major improvement

sith_darth_jay
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Metal Gear Solid 3: Substance. By far THE best PS2 game I ever played.

you mean MGS3: Subsistence

Here's my list

Kingdom Hearts 2
GTA San Andreas
Kingdom Hearts
MGS 3
Final Fantasy XII (could be #2,but I'm still Playing it)
Final Fantasy X
GTA ViceCity (mainly cuz of the soundtrack)
MGS 2 (mainly cuz of gameplay,it's a masterpiece, but it has a redundant story)
Silent Hill 2 and 3
Resident Evil 4
GTA III
Ratchet and Clank Trilogy (I haven't played Ratchet 4)
Star Wars Lego I and II
Shadow of the Colossus

... and FF X-2, it was a joke of game, but still quite amusing and fun

Cloud_VII
Favorite Playstation 2 games

Soul Calibur III
Shadow of the Colossus
Metal Gear Solid 3
Tekken 5
Devil May Cry 3
Kingdom Hearts II
Dragonball Z: Budokai 3
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Soul Calibur II
Tekken 4

Pulse2

JToTheP
Disgaea 1 & 2, Okami, Scarface:The World Is Yours, San Andreas, Devil May Cry Trilogy, Star Wars:Battlefront, Ratchet & Clank Quad-ilogy, MGS3: Snake Eater, God Of War, Tales of The Abyss, Twisted Metal:Black, Sly Cooper Trilogy.

That's what I can think of right now.

mith fox
kk i bought my ps3 and the games i got are- darkwatch .hack//infection (1st one of series) and kingdom hearts 1

Pulse2
PS3 or 2? messed

SpadeKing
Madden & NCAA 07 combo, Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear 3, GTA San Andreas, God of War, NBA Live 07, and if you have online the splinter cell games and I guess resident evil files although i just get killed on purpose to kill my teamates no expression

InnerRise
Originally posted by Pulse2
PS3 or 2? messed He obviously meant PS2 going by the games that he listed.

And besides, nobody can "just buy a PS3".

roll eyes (sarcastic)

SpadeKing
Originally posted by InnerRise
He obviously meant PS2 going by the games that he listed.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

yea you have to either rob the person.... shoot them at walmart.... or do something that will degrade your self esteem forever no expression

Pulse2

roll eyes (sarcastic)

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... I guess you can now, apparently according to some ppl, theres some just sitting around waiting for an ownerr, lol. So he could have meant PS3, dunno.

JToTheP

roll eyes (sarcastic)

And the only good Ps3 game anyway is Resistance probably.

Pulse2
Depend on how you look at it, from an Xbox 360 owner's point of veiw, its limited, but for someone who has not played a 360 or doesn't have one, theres quite a bit there smile Don't forget that most of it is multiplat.

Meh, hopefully the line up will improove to PS2 standards later in its lifespan.

mith fox
i have a ps2 i meant im sry taffy will spank me for this

IceJaw
Originally posted by JToTheP
And the only good Ps3 game anyway is Resistance probably. Which doesn't even look as good as GoW roll eyes (sarcastic)

Pulse2
Originally posted by IceJaw
Which doesn't even look as good as GoW roll eyes (sarcastic) Was it meant to? I wouldn't expect it to be consiering it was a launch title, could you imagine if it was? That would really leave ppl shocked :O Cos then if thats a launch title, what are we to expect over the next couple of years.

Lana
Originally posted by JToTheP
And the only good Ps3 game anyway is Resistance probably.

It pretty much factually is, it's the only PS3 game to have gotten decent reviews.

Was it meant to? I wouldn't expect it to be consiering it was a launch title, could you imagine if it was? That would really leave ppl shocked :O Cos then if thats a launch title, what are we to expect over the next couple of years.

Well, being as one of the things that Sony was bragging about constantly was graphics, would be nice if they were at least on par with the 360.

JToTheP
Was it meant to? I wouldn't expect it to be consiering it was a launch title, could you imagine if it was? That would really leave ppl shocked :O Cos then if thats a launch title, what are we to expect over the next couple of years.

Sony has never put out a graphically superior launch title since the Ps2 came out. SSX was the best looking launch title, and didn't even compare to Silent Hill 2, FFX, MGS2 in 01.

God Of War is another example, Manhunt. Sony can never tap a console's potential by launch.

InnerRise
I guess you can now, apparently according to some ppl, theres some just sitting around waiting for an ownerr, lol. So he could have meant PS3, dunno. Umm....you guess wrong.

Pulse2
Sony can brag about graphics until aliens come and take over the world, unless the devs make use of these graphics, Sony can't do much, its like how Micro bragged about gfx with the xbox original, but yet devs didn't make much use of it except the odd few, which was a shame cos it had so much potential. At the end of the day, the more variety and games you have with good gameplay, is the more success you have. Sony's lackluster line up may not touch 360's best offers, but take into account, it is but a launch line up, not the best PS3 has to offer by far, we won't know until we are at least a year to two years in of what PS3's middle range graphic games will look like, but if the launch is being compared to 360, thats laughable already.

None of the launch games have used the PS3's best potentials, in fact, the devs were the first few to make use of the PS3, therefore both new and unexplored, they could only do so much, plus the rush for release and the lack of knowledge of the online Sony had up thier sleeves, they're bound to be nowhere near as good as 360 2nd gen games, but yet, they still manage to do just that because everyone is comparing them. Sony is capable of overkilling with thier own game Killzone 2, as it is thier console, and thier game, but lets see how that turns out, another hyped franchise, hope the hype is worth it.

But compared to what 360 gave us at launch, I think the line up for PS3 is damn impressive if you pretend 360 wasn't there. Its not bad at all, most games scoring no less then 7 at most sites, thats pretty darn superb.

But like JToTheP said, despite Sony's ability to talk the talk, none of thier launches have ever had a graphically superior title, all the starters are usually kinda bland and limited, the potetial doesnt come out untill at least a year od so into its life cycle.

JToTheP

But like JToTheP said, despite Sony's ability to talk the talk, none of thier launches have ever had a graphically superior title, all the starters are usually kinda bland and limited, the potetial doesnt come out untill at least a year od so into its life cycle.

Who knows, with the Ps3, it could take Sony even longer to tap the actual graphical potential. My guess is they will watch what Microsoft does, and go from there. Halo 3, MGS4 are examples of this.

Pulse2
Personally I think both Micro and Sony are putting all thier eggs in one basket, Micro is depending on HD-DVD, Halo 3, XBL and Graphics to win the gen, and so is Sony, just replacing HD-DVD wit blu-ray, Halo 3 with Killzone 2 and XBL with the PS3NP. The only one not deciding to go hardcore etc and stick to what we like best is Wii. They have even sacraficed graphics to make sure we get the best from our gameplay. And in the end they are already benefiting as they are already seeing the profits.

mith fox
the reason the consoles are geting so exspensives is cuz there not even for games any more now u can go on the internet put of pictrues play videos i dont know about you but i buy a console to play it not look at pics or vids playing online is one thing but this is geting out of hand fast dose any one else argree with me cuz prices are only goana keep goin up not down take the abillity of being able to watch vids and look at pics off consoles maby the price will drop any one else agree with me?

Pulse2
I don't even thing we can call the games consoles anymore mith, they are going to soon be called media platforms or consoles.

mith fox
but do u agree with me on the hole subject?

Rewmac
1. God Of War

2. Champions : Return To Arms

3. Champions Of Norrath

4. Devil May Cry 2-3

That would my current list...

drewbiefan
pacman world/lemony snickets-series of unfortunate events/crash bandicoot.
Three of the best games i have ever played so far!

IceJaw
Erm, most of those are PS ONE games...

drewbiefan
Oh no, i mean crash twinsanity for examplestick out tongue that was updated for ps2. Also, lemony snickets, don't think that sells on ps1 and pacman world i think they bought out on ps2 didnt they? That was good , even if it was for ps1. Oh i cannot remember on that one, but the others are definitely on ps2stick out tongue

IceJaw
Well being more specific when there's/'re an whole lot of sequels helps and license games like Lemony Snickets etc etc have a tendency to suck...

drewbiefan
what do you mean?
I think that is a superb gamebig grin
what was thatmessed?

mith fox
has any one played the .hack// games there very fun if u like rpgs and they have a cool yet confusing concept

jon84
My favourite ps2 exclusives are:

Silent Hill 2 & 3 (and 4, but that one wasn't exclusive to the ps2.)
Zone of The Enders
Onimusha (Series)
Tekken (Series)

Non exclusives:

Grand Theft Auto (Series)
Street Fighter III: Third Strike (also SF: Alpha 3)
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (a totally different game than the 360 verison.)
Resident Evil 4
Hitman (Series)

Pulse2
Zone of the enders, that game rocks! Can't wait till 3 comes out, hope its longer though, that was the real dissopointments with the PS2 versions, they were good, but too short sad

mith fox
i ve never even heard of zone of enders whats it about?

Rewmac
I shall add Soul Reaver 2, Legacy Of Kain Defiance and Predator Concrete Jungle to my list...

Pulse2
i ve never even heard of zone of enders whats it about? Its an amazing Konami made game which puts the likes of armoured core and gundam wing to shame, robots look stunning and gameplay is both immense and some of the best and most unique I've played, however the experience of playing it is short lived sad Just as you really start getting into the game and enjoying it, its over, but they have announced ZOE3 for PS3, this may mean more interaction considering the controller and longer gameplay. Well I hope anyway, Konami has yet to let me down gaming wise. Although I dunno what they were thinking when they produced that pile of dung Rumble Roses.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by IceJaw
Devil may cry 1 & 3 (the 2nd sucked), Metal gear solid 2 & 3, Final fantasy X, Ico, Shadow of the colossus, GTA san andreas, Jak trilogy and Killzone.

I dont know whats so good about Devil may cry confused

ragesRemorse
final fantasy 10
silent hill 2
GTA
god of war
beyond good and evil
ratchet and clank
the warriors
RUNE, viking warlord
red dead revolver
x-men legends
onimusha
knockout kings

last but not least

the suffering

Cloud_VII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Tekken 5
Soul Calibur II
Soul Calibur III
DBZ Budokai 3
God of War
God of War II
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3
Shadow of the Colossus

juggernaut66666
Devil May Cry 1-3
God Of War
Tekken 5
Killzone
Hitman
Legacy Of Kain series
Predator Concrete Jungle

Count Makashi
Pro Ewolution Soccer series, they are excellent, every year an improvement.

ragesRemorse
i forgot shadow of the collosus.

was dino crises 2 a ps1 or ps2 game? I think it was ps1, but that game was damn fu

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Devil May Cry 1-3
God Of War
Tekken 5
Killzone
Hitman
Legacy Of Kain series
Predator Concrete Jungle

you really liked predator concrete jungle?

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
you really liked predator concrete jungle?
I liked it but it could had more weapons ,freeplay and the recharging stuff was pretty annoying.

ragesRemorse
i was so dissapointed with that game. I think there is much potential for GOOD predator games.

Have you ever played aliens vs predator2 for pc? One of the all time funnest games i have ever played. Why havent they made a new installment? that game was hugely popular. I heard that sega will be making a new alien game. To bad sega cannot make even a decent video game

JToTheP
We can add God Of War 2
Bully
GTA series (Multi or not, most started on Ps2, except the Stories Saga)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.