superweapon battle!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Null ARC Avis
Well, here we go!

The sun crusher is piloted by Anakin Skywalker.

The Eclipse is comanded by GG.

The death star 2 has Tarkin at command.

Centerpoint station has Admiral Doola in command.

The Star Forge is commanded by Revan.

Naga Sadows flagship commanded by...... naga sadow.

A yuuzhon vong Kor Chokk commanded by Nas Choka, my favorite Vong EVER!

Now, if the weapon has ships inside it, ie: everything except the sun crusher, ceterpoint, and not sure about Sadow's ship, they can be used. if the weapon is destroyed, the fighter keep fighting! Who wins this?

For info, refer to http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Superweapon

Blaxican
Anakin flies the indestructable sun crusher straight through the hull of all the other ships.

Null ARC Avis
Not insestructable, 2 turbolaser shots can take it down, and those are rather large hulls, plus, if he goes straight at them, he will be caught in a tractor beam and hit by turblasers.

Blaxican
the Sun Crusher can fly into a sun. What makes you think it can't survive turbo laser shots?

Rampant ox
My vote goes for the Second Death Star. After all, it has the almighty Tarkin, who is a great tactician in his own right, at the helm.

Null ARC Avis
should i bump this? i don't know if i should.....

Tangible God
With this new modified Sun Crusher and assuming they know all about their competitors, then:

Tarkin destroys the Eclipse and then Sadow using the DS2's minimum powered Superlaser. Meanwhile, he sends the DS2's thousands of fighters to harass the rest during the recharge time and while everyone is preparing their superweapons.

Then he takes out Centerpoint Station about ten minutes later. The Yuuzhan Vong, then the Star Forge, of course recalling all his fighters before he fires. Then he uses them to blow away the super weak Sun Crusher, escaping into Hyperspace just minutes before the nearerst Star (which could be lightyears away for all we know) explodes from the shot the Sun Crusher fired at it at the battle's outbreak.

Blaxican
Originally posted by Blaxican
Anakin flies the indestructable sun crusher straight through the hull of all the other ships.

Rampant ox
That wouldnt destroy the DSII though, unless he flew it straight through the main reactor.

Blaxican
Thats what I meant. Fly through the hole until he crashes through the reactor, then keeps on going.

Mider999
why wouldnt the sun crussher just launch a nova creating attack then get the heck out of dodge which is what its designed to do in the first place.

Blaxican
Because it takes liek an hour or more for the the sun to go nova.

zephiel7
I am actually seeing Naga Sadow concentrating and destroying the nearest star, and everything around, him included.

Blaxican
Again, the Sun Crusher would still survive... It was built to survive exploding stars.

S_W_LeGenD
The Star Forge can churn out unlimited fire-power by making infinite number of ships that can wreak havok on any Cruiser or structure. And this kind of weapon under command of a military genious "Revan" will become unstoppable. And Star Forge is also protected by a huge and invisible shield, which makes it impossible for any ship or object to get close enough to it to target it.

Death Star also has incredible fire-power. It's Super-Laser is powerful enough to destroy a huge object.

I will place my bet on any one of these two weapons in a battle.

General Kenobl
I would say the Star Forge's Shield lasts against the Death Star's Super-Laser for a while. I would say the Death would be overwhelmed by the amount of starfighters the SF can produce.

Tangible God
The Death Star's laser's range is far too great. The DS wouldn't have to be anywhere near the Star Forge's shield. Which by the way would be on Rakata Prime, and since this battle is NOT around that planet...

And the STar Forge may be able to produce ships at a fast rate, but not so fast as to keep a capital ship coming 10 times a minute. As well, even with all these ships, who's going to pilot them?

xxxpoppunker182
sun crusher blows up the entire system so suncrusher does that and wins

Mider999
is the sun crusher the only one with hiper drive cause the ones with no hyperdrive will take a while getting out of there when the sun goes nova, why aint the galaxy gun in here.

Tangible God
Actually only the Star Forge and perhaps Centerpoint don't have Hyperdrive.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Tangible God
The Death Star's laser's range is far too great. The DS wouldn't have to be anywhere near the Star Forge's shield. Which by the way would be on Rakata Prime, and since this battle is NOT around that planet...

And the STar Forge may be able to produce ships at a fast rate, but not so fast as to keep a capital ship coming 10 times a minute. As well, even with all these ships, who's going to pilot them?
Star Forge produces ships at a very fast rate. You would have noticed in KOTOR that hundreds upon hundreds of space crafts of different sizes were churning out from Star Forge in a small amount of time.

And Death Star II also needs to stay close to the planet from which it's "Force Shield" protects it, otherwise Death Star will be destroyed from a massive invasion fleet of Star Forge.

And since this battle is not around any planet then both Death Star and Star Forge are vulnerable.

Null ARC Avis
This death star is completed. And the galaxy gun looks very inappropriate.....

Gideon
The Star Forge is good and all, but the Imperial superweapons are far more potent in terms of firepower. If the Star Forge is within range, it won't matter how many starfighters the thing can churn out - it will be rather easily obliterated.

Especially when you think about it: Imperial technology is superior to that of the Star Forge itself. The Death Star has many turrets and defense weaponry protecting it as well that would manhandle a lot of Star Forge fighters.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Gideon
The Star Forge is good and all, but the Imperial superweapons are far more potent in terms of firepower. If the Star Forge is within range, it won't matter how many starfighters the thing can churn out - it will be rather easily obliterated.

Especially when you think about it: Imperial technology is superior to that of the Star Forge itself. The Death Star has many turrets and defense weaponry protecting it as well that would manhandle a lot of Star Forge fighters.
Those Turrets could not man-handle Rebel ships and you say that they will give Death Star the edge! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Star Forge was also protected by many Laser Canons but in the end they gave it no edge.

And large number of ships can easily destroy Death Star. Especially small ships are fast enough to dodge any fire.

And Star Forge's technology is hell of a lot different from Death Star.

Death Star is entirely a machine.

Star Forge is a living weapon of Dark Side. It is much more interesting weapon.

Tangible God
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Star Forge produces ships at a very fast rate. You would have noticed in KOTOR that hundreds upon hundreds of space crafts of different sizes were churning out from Star Forge in a small amount of time.

And Death Star II also needs to stay close to the planet from which it's "Force Shield" protects it, otherwise Death Star will be destroyed from a massive invasion fleet of Star Forge.

And since this battle is not around any planet then both Death Star and Star Forge are vulnerable. Those ships you see churning out in the decks level are all light frigates and snub fighters, I didn't see any 600 meter capital ships in those lots.

You missed my second point. Even if the Star Forge is spitting all those vessels, who's gonna man them? You don't honestly think there's living quarters on that space station for the hundreds of thousands of soldiers and pilots you'd need? Even if there were, how are they all gonna man their vessels in the 6 seconds they'd have before the Death Star fires?

And did you see how close the Ebon Hawk was to the SF beofre that disruptor field took effect. The DS doesn't need to be anywhere near that to fire the one shot it needs.

Factor in 4000 years advancements in technology, plus the Imperials own advancements, and the countless fighters the Death Star holds, the Star Forge is obliterated in seconds.

S_W_LeGenD
Those ships you see churning out in the decks level are all light frigates and snub fighters, I didn't see any 600 meter capital ships in those lots.

You missed my second point. Even if the Star Forge is spitting all those vessels, who's gonna man them? You don't honestly think there's living quarters on that space station for the hundreds of thousands of soldiers and pilots you'd need? Even if there were, how are they all gonna man their vessels in the 6 seconds they'd have before the Death Star fires?

And did you see how close the Ebon Hawk was to the SF beofre that disruptor field took effect. The DS doesn't need to be anywhere near that to fire the one shot it needs.

Factor in 4000 years advancements in technology, plus the Imperials own advancements, and the countless fighters the Death Star holds, the Star Forge is obliterated in seconds.
And you forgot that we are talking about a battle in which all Super-Weapons are battle-ready with additional support of their fighters.

Death Star Fighters are not unlimited. Star Forge's fighters are unlimited and of-course, their were millions and millions of Sith Troops in the entire Sith Fleet that was protecting Star Forge.

And Ebon Hawk is a very small ship and it's detection is difficult.

And Death Star was also very close to the planet that it destroyed. It will surely be distracted by large number of Fighters ready to pounce on it.

Tangible God
And you forgot that we are talking about a battle in which all Super-Weapons are battle-ready with additional support of their fighters.

Death Star Fighters are not unlimited. Star Forge's fighters are unlimited and of-course, their were millions and millions of Sith Troops in the entire Sith Fleet that was protecting Star Forge.

And Ebon Hawk is a very small ship and it's detection is difficult.

And Death Star was also very close to the planet that it destroyed. It will surely be distracted by large number of Fighters ready to pounce on it. Um, I may be mistaken, but where in the rules of this thread's battle does it state that the Star Forge has a fleet at it's command?

In conjuction with that point, and to remind you to stop ignoring this one: Where does the Star Forge get the manpower for all these snubfighters and frigates, and where is it getting the time to crew them?

And wtf? Detection by the SF had nothing to do with the Ebon Hawk crashing. More like, it had everything to do with the ancient disruptor field from the temple on the planet below taking about minute to scramble the EH's computer.

And are you insinuating that the SF was as big as Alderaan? Because last time I checked, the 150 km long FIRST Death Star was a fair way away from the planet when it took IT out.

S_W_LeGenD
Um, I may be mistaken, but where in the rules of this thread's battle does it state that the Star Forge has a fleet at it's command?
This is automatically assumed because Star Forge itself is not a weapon to be used in battle.

In conjuction with that point, and to remind you to stop ignoring this one: Where does the Star Forge get the manpower for all these snubfighters and frigates, and where is it getting the time to crew them?
Ok! let me ask a question? where did all the man-power for protection of Death Star came from?

Of-course, millions and millions of people were already in the Star Forge and manning those fighters. Because those Fighters were not flying by themselves in the Star Forge.

Common Sense! huh!

And wtf? Detection by the SF had nothing to do with the Ebon Hawk crashing. More like, it had everything to do with the ancient disruptor field from the temple on the planet below taking about minute to scramble the EH's computer.
That shield was built to protect Star Forge from potential threats. We had to go to Rakatan Temple to disable that Shield or otherwise, that entire Republic Fleet woud be destroyed even before the battle would begin.

And are you insinuating that the SF was as big as Alderaan? Because last time I checked, the 150 km long FIRST Death Star was a fair way away from the planet when it took IT out.
Size is irrelevant.

Death Star was indeed close but I believe that it's Laser has very long range. Still their is always a possibility for distracting Death Star by large number of Ships and Fighters.

Tangible God
This is automatically assumed because Star Forge itself is not a weapon to be used in battle. You mean, YOU assumed it.

Ok! let me ask a question? where did all the man-power for protection of Death Star came from?
Of-course, millions and millions of people were already in the Star Forge and manning those fighters. Because those Fighters were not flying by themselves in the Star Forge.

Common Sense! huh! The Death Star already has a limited (albeit huge) number of fighters and capital ships stored on board, with their crews awaiting them. The Star Forge would already house it's own permannet compliment, but when it created new fighters, it would rely on recruits taken from occupied planets. The Star Forge creates ships, not men.

That shield was built to protect Star Forge from potential threats. We had to go to Rakatan Temple to disable that Shield or otherwise, that entire Republic Fleet woud be destroyed even before the battle would begin.We already know the shield's purpose. But that shield took at least a minute to come into effect on a tiny ship with technology 4000 years behind the Empire. The Death Star need not be anywhere as near as the Ebon Hawk was to fire it's superlaser in under 10 seconds.

Size is irrelevant.

Death Star was indeed close but I believe that it's Laser has very long range. Still their is always a possibility for distracting Death Star by large number of Ships and Fighters. Are you telling me that Tarkin would try to take out snub fighters with a f*cking superlaser?

Null ARC Avis
The star forge can create pilot droids for the ships.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
Excellent Point! wink

Tangible God
So I take it you agree with everything else I said then? Good.

And sure, pilot droids could fly them, not as well as living pilots, but they'd fly nonetheless. Doesn't matter though, with the Star Forge destroyed in about 10 seconds either those droid ships will shut down ala TPM, or they'll just attack the Death Star and its tens of thousands of fighters and many more turbolasers emplacements.

Null ARC Avis
what is the Star Forge is not the first target?

Gideon
Need I remind everyone that the Rebellion required a technical readout of the Death Star before they identified a weakness to it? The Star Forge does not have that. Sorry. A group of starfighters aren't going to do jack shit to it.

Tangible God
what is the Star Forge is not the first target? Then it still doesn't have to worry. It'd only take a minimum powered shot with a recharge time of 10 minutes to take out the Star Forge. Like Jack pointed out, said fighters don't have a technical readout, and they'd provide more of a minor nuisance than anything.

Null ARC Avis
Revan? Can't he tell them where to go or something? Isn't he able to.... wait this is the second one, completed. It can't be destroyed like the first....

Gideon
Obviously, both the first and second Death Star could be destroyed. But the first is fully operational and completed, and its enemies would have to have a technical readout of the station to exploit any weaknesses. I don't know if the second one is fully functional insofar as "movement", but it has that energy shield on Endor (don't know if it is included in this fight), which means that no laserfire is going to be damaging it.

Revan's a tactical genius, but so was Moff Tarkin, and the Death Star's technology and weaponry is above and beyond that of the Star Forge's. Likewise, the Star Forge lacks the power to withstand the intensity of a blast that the Death Star can emit. To destroy the Death Star, you need a technical readout. Revan doesn't have that and I don't think he's good enough to logically deduce that that one special exhaust port would be the end of the station.

Tangible God
Avis made the Second Death Star complete, didn't you?

If it is, then would that include a built in shield?

Null ARC Avis
it is complete and OF COURSE it has a built in shield

Gideon
it is complete and OF COURSE it has a built in shield

Then it wins.

Darth_Glentract

To bad there is no evidence for there being military droid pilots for another 4000 years after the SF. The Tie-D fighter was a highly experimental fighter that wouldn't come around until after ROTJ.

Mider999
ok cant centerpoint also make and even move stars, this sounds like the most powerful weapon in this battle, the vong ship can absrob and move alot of things even small planets cause of its black hole generator am i correct.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.