Did Palpatine throw his fight with Mace?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sexyback
Discuss!!

Rampant ox
Yes. no expression

The fact he screams 'unlimited power!!!' seconds after he is claiming he is to weak sort of gives it away.

Sexyback
Exactly. But I'm talking more the lightsaber fight.

Alliance
No. I really think he lost. And had the advantage of having his plan with Anakin succed.

Rampant ox
I think he threw the saber fight. While Sidious is by no means leagues above Mace with a blade, I find it to convenient that Sidious ends up on the floor the moment Anakin walks in.

Sexyback
Exactly, he dominates the entire fight, and then conveniently gets disarmed just as Anakin enters. And this is in a galaxy where things such as luck and coincidences supposedly don't exist.

Alliance
He didn't dominate the fight. He got kicked in the face.

Noob_Krueger
No. Sidious got beaten. Here's the databank

With Anakin Skywalker's help, Sidious was able to defeat Mace,

See? Only if Anakin's help, he was able to defeat Mace.

MEDVOCK
Personally, I think Palps had planned it the second Mace walked into the room (maybe even earlier). He knew that he was quite capable of overpowering all four Jedi easily, but decided he would let Mace live long enough so that Anakin could walk in and see that the Jedi had become traitors.
The reason why he chose Mace to live the longest of all four Jedi is most likely because he had already known beforehand of the uneasy relationship between him and Anakin, and hence realized that it would be much easier for Anakin to side with him, and not Mace, considering this uneasy relationship between the two Jedi.

But that's all just my opinion smile

(please don't flame me)

Great the Vraya
Originally posted by Sexyback
Discuss!! hmmm, no I don't think that he threw the lightsaber fight. Mace is known to be one of the best and brightest with lightsabers.

Thorinn
How many times will this be discussed?

I think he did.

Sexyback
Originally posted by Alliance
He didn't dominate the fight. He got kicked in the face.

Yes he did. He had killed Kit Fisto, Saesee Tinn and Agen Kolar in seconds, and Mace couldn't do jack to prevent it, and then he had put Mace, an aggressive fighter, on the defencive. If that's not domination, I don't know what is.

Noob_Krueger

DATABANK ^

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Thorinn
How many times will this be discussed?

I think he did.

Another 6,794 at least. slam

And you are right.

Noob_Krueger

DATABANK ^

Is people ignoring this?

Jedi Priestess
No we are just tired of discussing it. If you do a search you'll find we talked it to death over a year ago.

PVS
he didnt throw the fight. he was defeated and overpowered by mace. get over it. GL should have made him all powerful only to be surpassed by vader, but instead chose to make him a slightly stronger version of dooku. what can you do?

also this has been discussed ad nauseum on quite a few threads.

Ushgarak
Oh Lordy, not this again.

Without compelling evidence to the contrary- which there is not- I recommend you always accept what is seen on-screen, which is Sidious losing a straight fight.

Closed, and if you are desperate to talk about it, find the original.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.