[Pre-crisis] Sword of Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thanos_THOTU
It is real:
http://theages.superman.ws/History/VersionIV.php

ctrl + f -- sword

and you find everything there is to know about it.

Juntai
You thought it was fake?

leonidas
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
It is real:
http://theages.superman.ws/History/VersionIV.php

ctrl + f -- sword

and you find everything there is to know about it.

of course it's real . . . confused

i have that annual and have posted scans from it in the past. was the point of the thread to show everyone that it was real . . . .?

Howard_Jones
Huzzah for the sword of speculation.

supervenom
Is this the same sword that he went to Heaven with to save Lois or something like that? Is there any more back story on this sword? All I know is of what I have heard.

Thanos_THOTU
I thought it was this forums, who didn't belive in it ... Hmm ... Sorry wrong forum than, dang I finaly get proof and I don't recall where it's needed.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
I thought it was this forums, who didn't belive in it ... Hmm ... Sorry wrong forum than, dang I finaly get proof and I don't recall where it's needed.

You're like a fish with a bicycle, you finally got what you wanted but you couldn't use it so it just got all wet and rusty.

confused

no expression

leonidas
Originally posted by Scoobless
You're like a fish with a bicycle, you finally got what you wanted but you couldn't use it so it just got all wet and rusty.

confused

no expression

yep, just like . . . confused

in its only on-panel appearance, the sword was created when the universe (the actual genesis-from-the-bible-universe-creation) was made. it was destined to be superman's from the dawn of creation. superman finally ended up getting his hands on it and when he sort of gave himself over to it it STARTED to apparently make him one with the universe. superman turned away from the sword and released it, believing it was too powerful. as he did, a voice spoke to him (it was supposed to be god's voice) saying something like the sword would wait for him or that he was 'special' or something like that. it was next seen in a glass case and listed as part of an inventory of things that were in superman 1M's fortress of solitude. (i THINK it was the fortress . . .) it was never named on panel, but rather it was mentioned by the writer as they listed the stuff that was drawn on panel at the back of the book. can't recall if that was in a tpb or not . . .

no one has ever shown anything about supes using the sword to attack 'heaven', nor does anyone know what the sword was actually capable of.

Swanky-Tuna
For a while people were saying Superman Prime had it and busted down the roof on heaven with it.

But it turned out Prime was only in 4 panels and 3 of them were of him talking about his cat.

Scoobless
It was a really nice cat, though.

smile

Galan007
does anyone have scans of this sword?

supervenom
Originally posted by leonidas
yep, just like . . . confused

in its only on-panel appearance, the sword was created when the universe (the actual genesis-from-the-bible-universe-creation) was made. it was destined to be superman's from the dawn of creation. superman finally ended up getting his hands on it and when he sort of gave himself over to it it STARTED to apparently make him one with the universe. superman turned away from the sword and released it, believing it was too powerful. as he did, a voice spoke to him (it was supposed to be god's voice) saying something like the sword would wait for him or that he was 'special' or something like that. it was next seen in a glass case and listed as part of an inventory of things that were in superman 1M's fortress of solitude. (i THINK it was the fortress . . .) it was never named on panel, but rather it was mentioned by the writer as they listed the stuff that was drawn on panel at the back of the book. can't recall if that was in a tpb or not . . .

no one has ever shown anything about supes using the sword to attack 'heaven', nor does anyone know what the sword was actually capable of.

So all that heaven stuff is just something that was passed on and on and now it seems to have actually happened? Wow thats something...

leonidas
ya, happens all the time. forum-speak makes truth impossible to figure on occasion . . .

luckily, you have some knowledgeable folk 'round here who can usually sort things out. you just need to know who to listen to. and as a rule, members of the green lantern corps of the kmc are always on the look out for forum-speak. wink

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Scoobless
It was a really nice cat, though.

smile
Yeah, what a cutie.

Endless Mike
It seemed like if he had used the sword it would have made him around Eternity - level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.