Letter to the New Life Church

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
I checked out the website of the New Life Church, where Ted Haggard used to be leader of. I noticed how they severely denounce him, and treat that hypocrite like this black sheep, erasing all traces of him from thier presentation.

I decided to write them an email letter. Tell me what you guys think, or imagine how they will respond:

Hello Fellow Worshippers of Christ,

I just find it funny that your ex leader was this huge hypocrite...a very hateful judgemental person, who pretended to be someone he truly wasn't....

Let's just hope your new leader isn't secretly a peadophile, or some money-hungry con artist, because you guys have a lot of those....

Ne ways, good luck with the new leadership !

God Bless !

Alliance
I think you're an ass. (or at least your letter is assy)

office jesus
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
I checked out the website of the New Life Church, where Ted Haggard used to be leader of. I noticed how they severely denounce him, and treat that hypocrite like this black sheep, erasing all traces of him from thier presentation.

I decided to write them an email letter. Tell me what you guys think, or imagine how they will respond:

Hello Fellow Worshippers of Christ,

I just find it funny that your ex leader was this huge hypocrite...a very hateful judgemental person, who pretended to be someone he truly wasn't....

Let's just hope your new leader isn't secretly a peadophile, or some money-hungry con artist, because you guys have a lot of those....

Ne ways, good luck with the new leadership !

God Bless !

It's not particularly clever. Oh. You spelled Worshipers wrong. big grin

Lord Urizen
Worshippers has 2 ps', and not I was not trying to be witty. This was something I did last minute when stumbling upon the Evangelical Homepage, trying to do research on Ted Haggard and a couple of other people.

Yes, i AM an a$$hole...i never denied that. But at least I admit it , and i dont pretend im your moral superior in any way. And trust me....I haven't Hurt anywhere as many people as some of these Evangelical leaders have

Alliance
Does that then, give you the right to criticise in this manner?

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Alliance
Does that then, give you the right to criticise in this manner?

I beleive I have every right. I do not see how I don't. confused

Alfheim
I think you're an ass. (or at least your letter is assy)

Well this is the way I see it. Writing that letter is not going to do anything, but even if he wrote a really beautiful eloquent letter it probably wouldnt do anything either. So he might as well let off some hatred.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Alfheim
Well this is the way I see it. Writing that letter is not going to do anything, but even if he wrote a really beautiful eloquent letter it probably wouldnt do anything either. So he might as well let off some hatred.

Exactly. That letter will have zero consequence. And If I wrote a positive letter which complimented them on a good job done, they'd probably just say, "Thank you fellow worshipper of Christ....donate $1,000,000,000 to us, and God will reward you plenty"

lord xyz
This was something I did last minute when stumbling upon the Evangelical Homepage, Then why are you showing it to us?

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by lord xyz
Then why are you showing it to us?

I wanna know what you guys think....good or bad.

FeceMan
I wanna know what you guys think....good or bad.
Work on the grammar.

You could also try being less retarded. I find that the best way to get a point across is not to be stupidly confrontational.

Alliance
Originally posted by FeceMan
You could also try being less retarded. I find that the best way to get a point across is not to be stupidly confrontational.

Really? Thats funny, given...well....you know.

Soleran
Maybe you writing that letter just makes you feel better?

I don't see much purpose in it otherwise.

Capt_Fantastic
assy

droolio

Boris
Great letter man!

Truely the word of Jesus!

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Soleran
Maybe you writing that letter just makes you feel better?

I don't see much purpose in it otherwise.

I was gonna say something similar.

If I was in their place, I'd display this letter on the ''Weak of the Week'' or ''Where were they when God handed out brains'' section on the internet or board inside the meeting room, so everyone can see.

I love reading things like that - we have some great ones at our work (phone calls and letters). I love it!

Alliance
laughing out loud

xmarksthespot
Isn't this something more for bored elderly people to do?

Alliance
Do elderly people know how to write?

xmarksthespot
Do elderly people know how to write? Depends on how old they are and the level of dementia they've developed I suppose. I'd wager those in the early golden years write better than this though.

Bardock42
Work on the grammar.

Lord Urizen
Work on the grammar.

Thanks for the Advice, but I would always ask someone to practice what they preach before they go telling people what they should or shouldn't do.

Yes, I admit, this letter was written on the spot, and more-so out of boredom than anything.

What upset me, however, is how the entire New Life Church just abandoned Ted Haggard...everything about him is written off, as if he never existed...check out the site yourself.

Don't get me wrong guys, i don't like the muddafukka either, but he was one of the many people who brought the Evangelicals such political power, and who strengthened the voice of this church, and then because he is Gay, he is cast down, and treated as if he was never a part of the Church to begin with.

I thnk that says a LOT about the New Life Church...

Even if I wrote a more sincere letter to them, they'd probably treat it the SAME....delete

xmarksthespot
It's called PR.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Isn't this something more for bored elderly people to do?

Haha, this reminds me of Grandpa Simpsons :

'' Dear Mr. President, There are too many states nowadays. Please eliminate three.
P.S. I am not a crackpot.''

crazy
Worshippers has 2 ps', and not I was not trying to be witty. This was something I did last minute when stumbling upon the Evangelical Homepage, trying to do research on Ted Haggard and a couple of other people.

Yes, i AM an a$$hole...i never denied that. But at least I admit it , and i dont pretend im your moral superior in any way. And trust me....I haven't Hurt anywhere as many people as some of these Evangelical leaders have

Does admitting it make it better? You would still be an *******

FeceMan
Thanks for the Advice, but I would always ask someone to practice what they preach before they go telling people what they should or shouldn't do.
Silly child, I do practice what I preach. In the event that I want to make a point, I will not be terribly confrontational about it.

I, of course, include an "exception" clause stating that, if a person should approach me in a hostile manner, I am perfectly entitled to respond in a similar manner, especially when I have long suffered his hostility in the past.

m. sade
well at least it doesn't make him an a$$hole and a hypocrite wink

Alliance
I, of course, include an "exception" clause stating that, if a person should approach me in a hostile manner, I am perfectly entitled to respond in a similar manner, especially when I have long suffered his hostility in the past.

Though, may I point out that it is incessantly returned.

FeceMan
Though, may I point out that it is incessantly returned.
It is returned in lesser amounts than that which it is given to me.

Alliance
I'd challenge that on occasion, but the point is that this whole thing is cyclic.

I don't find either of you as annoying as the other one make you out to be.

Lord Urizen
I assure you Alliance, Feceman holds a grudge against me, while I pretty much care less.

I already apologized to Feceman for all the times I insulted his Faith, and he responded with more sarcasm, insults, etc.

He's a baby who can't take criticism or people who poke fun at his religion, which is very much subject to criticism, it being a religion which has a very violent history and all.

When he learns to grow up, then maybe he could be more diplomatic when someone who doesn't share his opinion on Christ speaks thier mind, no matter how vulgar.

Adam_PoE

Lord Urizen
Thank You Adam Poe for proving my point....

The New Life Church now treats Ted Haggard like a black sheep...some mistake of a person, someone who couldn't live up to this absurd ideal of perfection that the Evangelical Elite promote.

Now, as for me...I can't stand Ted Haggard. I never could. He's a hypocritical son of a b*tch and I personally feel he deserves whatever humiliation is bestowed upon him...

Keep in mind, however, that I, nor any other Gay/Bisexual person, owe him any kind of respect OR forgiveness. He did nothing for me, or anyone like myself, except promote the stigma that aims to oppress us.

The New Life Church, however, as well as the entire Evangelical community owe him a lot.... forgiveness at the very least.

He promoted the Evangelical community all his life, and he has served as one of thier most powerful and influential speakers, helping that Church gain more followers....

But because of his actions, he is removed from all his prior glory, and anything he has ever done for that Church now means diddly squat.....

What would Jesus do ? erm

Nellinator
Thank You Adam Poe for proving my point....

The New Life Church now treats Ted Haggard like a black sheep...some mistake of a person, someone who couldn't live up to this absurd ideal of perfection that the Evangelical Elite promote.

Now, as for me...I can't stand Ted Haggard. I never could. He's a hypocritical son of a b*tch and I personally feel he deserves whatever humiliation is bestowed upon him...

Keep in mind, however, that I, nor any other Gay/Bisexual person, owe him any kind of respect OR forgiveness. He did nothing for me, or anyone like myself, except promote the stigma that aims to oppress us.

The New Life Church, however, as well as the entire Evangelical community owe him a lot.... forgiveness at the very least.

He promoted the Evangelical community all his life, and he has served as one of thier most powerful and influential speakers, helping that Church gain more followers....

But because of his actions, he is removed from all his prior glory, and anything he has ever done for that Church now means diddly squat.....

What would Jesus do ? erm
They have forgiven him and have not thrown him out.
They are trying to help him. Removing him from leadership is the right thing to do though, but they have not abandoned and disowned him. I think they are doing what Jesus would do.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Nellinator
They have forgiven him and have not thrown him out.

They discredit him....how do you know they forgive him ?

They are trying to help him. Removing him from leadership is the right thing to do though, but they have not abandoned and disowned him. I think they are doing what Jesus would do.

Help him ? How ?

And yes, removing him from Leadership is the right thing to do....he's a scumbag, and power should not be in his hands.

I think the mistake Evangelicals, and other Christians like yourself are making are labelling him as mislead because he is Gay....what about the fact that he was always hateful ?

You guys were always fine with him when he was a hateful bigot.....his discrimination and hateful propaganda was always okay in the Evangelical standards.....

Now that you know he's Gay, all of a sudden he's this bad person ?

WOW......

"Dag nabit....I can tolerate Hate...but God forbid he be Gay....yee hawww"

FeceMan
I assure you Alliance, Feceman holds a grudge against me, while I pretty much care less.
Yes.

I hold a grudge against you.

Against someone I've never met. Who is on an Internet messageboard.

About movies.

I am certain that, one day, you will learn the difference between "criticism" and "being a douchebag."

You are criticizing me of not growing up, of not being diplomatic?

Lord Urizen
Yes.

I hold a grudge against you.

Yes...and E-Grudge ! eek!

I am certain that, one day, you will learn the difference between "criticism" and "being a douchebag."

DOUUUCHHEEE... MmmMMMMmmMM...DOUCHEEEE.... droolio

You are criticizing me of not growing up, of not being diplomatic?

yes yuh huh yuh huh yuh huh !

FeceMan
Words fail to describe the myriad of ways in which you suck.

Nellinator
They discredit him....how do you know they forgive him ?

Help him ? How ?

And yes, removing him from Leadership is the right thing to do....he's a scumbag, and power should not be in his hands.
I think the mistake Evangelicals, and other Christians like yourself are making are labelling him as mislead because he is Gay....what about the fact that he was always hateful ?

You guys were always fine with him when he was a hateful bigot.....his discrimination and hateful propaganda was always okay in the Evangelical standards.....

Now that you know he's Gay, all of a sudden he's this bad person ?

I believe that they have forgiven him because despite firing him they have not thrown him out of the church. They are helping him because they are giving him counselling, something we must assume he wants because he would obviously not do it against his will.

You are make the mistake of assuming what my position is, so I must tell you:
Ted Haggard is not misled because he is performed homosexual acts. In fact, I do not believe he was misled at all. I think he is human and makes mistakes like all of us. More alarming to me than homosexuality is the fact that he defiled himself with a prostitute, that he was buying and using drugs, and that he was being a hypocrite. Homosexuality aside, he needed to be removed from a position of authority within the church. I do not believe that he is a bad person beyond forgiveness and grace, however, I do believe that he is need of it for many things. I believe that it is best that his sins was exposed because now he will be forced to deal with it and perhaps his issues will be resolved.

That said, I am not familiar with anything that Ted Haggard has ever said because I am not affiliated with any organization that is involved in and I am American so I am not exposed to many of the 'evangelists' like Pat Robertson you bring into discussion.

Alliance
lets just say Haggard had some pretty nasty things to say about homosexuality, even worse than you, in fact.

Nellinator
I don't think I have ever condoned evil towards homosexuals really. If I had I am sure Urizen and I would be spamming the forum arguing.

Alliance
I guess that very much depends on how you define "evil"

I don't usually use that term...

Nellinator
Ok, I have never wished ill will towards them.

Alliance
I'd argue that your other positions, assuming I remember them correctly, do that for you.

Nellinator
Really? Please enlighten me.

Adam_PoE

Please use a better choice of words in the future so as to avoid:

"ZOMG U SA1D SUCK! droolio droolio droolio"

Alliance
Its not my goal to "enlighten" you. You have to do that yourself.

But calling a homosexual act a "mistake" would be something i would define under intolerance, which you could palce under "evil"

Nellinator
But I do tolerate it do I not?

Alliance
I won't say thats it not a step...but to use a parallel, I don't think tolerating other races solves the problem of racism.

It may promote a superficial societal peace, but it doesn't solve the probelm that I can't think of right now...I'm trying to write a paper.

Nellinator
Last week of finals, eh? Good luck.

Alliance
One down last Thursday, two today, one tomorrow and one Thursday and then back to the place that God built smile

I'll think of exactly what goal you are inhibiting by just allowing and not accepting.

I'd almost rather have you be outright violent toward homosexuals, so I'd have a real good reason to rip you.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Please use a better choice of words in the future so as to avoid:

"ZOMG U SA1D SUCK! droolio droolio droolio"
In before the droolio.

Lord Urizen

OH, you have NO IDEA the Myriad of ways in which I can suck

drooliodrooliodrooliodrooliodrooliodrooliodrooliod
roolio

Hey, buddy, you ASKED for it.....

Lord Urizen
But I do tolerate it do I not?

What's to tolerate ?

What someone else does in thier bedrooms (as long as they are not hurting eachother) is none of your business, nor your place to make any judgements upon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.