People on the Internet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
Are people much more braver on the net than in real life? I mean we don't have real face to face conflicts here. Would you speak your mind as you do if we were all talking in a room together???

eat

Do you think that the net is a wonderful thing for people who might not be so open to grow in of themselves in preparedness of real conflicts and situations?

should of been a poll..................<---......weeeeeee...look dotzzzz

Healthy OR not?

Naz
I think people are more open with themselves over the internet, I certainly am. And I think it is because of that lack of face-to-face conversation. Also because of the fact that when you come to KMC for the first time, you don't know anyone, you can make yourself whoever you wish to be. It's not like showing up at school or work everyday and people all ready know you and have certain expectations of your behaviour and certain ways they expect you to act or things they expect you to say.
I don't know if it's healty or not. Obviously sitting in front of your computer all day isn't healty, but is it unhealty to act yourself over the internet where in real life you might be restircted from doing such because of social expectations?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Naz
I think people are more open with themselves over the internet, I certainly am. And I think it is because of that lack of face-to-face conversation. Also because of the fact that when you come to KMC for the first time, you don't know anyone, you can make yourself whoever you wish to be. It's not like showing up at school or work everyday and people all ready know you and have certain expectations of your behaviour and certain ways they expect you to act or things they expect you to say.
I don't know if it's healty or not. Obviously sitting in front of your computer all day isn't healty, but is it unhealty to act yourself over the internet where in real life you might be restircted from doing such because of social expectations? Yes I think so too....People IMO can put their real feelings on the line without much slighting......And for some, it can be a real beneficial aspect of applying to their real lives......Like, "hey I did it here, so I certainly can do it today"..In my real life, I mean............I know from my own life, I might have been more apprehensive to say what I thought/felt.......you know why..yeah you do, cause there is really no back lash. Only people you don't really know..........BUT, if that bothers a person, welllllllllll then therapy is needed to get past people you don't know or will ever meet............Who really cares about jerks on the net????

I feel this is a save place for ones that want to test the waters of what they may really think but are timid..............your thoughts?

*Listens to Blue Oyster Cult" again............hahaha,.......lol

I think the internet IS a wonderful tool for many.

Marxman
I'm probably more critical on the internet. When someone says something stupid I'm more likely to call them out on the internet than in RL but I'm just as confrontational in RL as I am on the internet, if not more. I tend to let things slide more on the internet because...

http://www.mega.bz/rotfl/images/argue091204.jpg

FeceMan
Originally posted by debbiejo
Are people much more braver on the net than in real life? I mean we don't have real face to face conflicts here. Would you speak your mind as you do if we were all talking in a room together???
Probably not. In this thing you describe as "real life," I'm much more of a peacekeeper.

Regret
Healthy OR not? Like most things, the answer is dependent on each individual respectively.

Personally, I use forums like this one to make statements and arguments that are not fully thought out. This allows me to observe the responses given and thus gain more insight into the arguments that may arise when I present my position in a real world context. Thus, if an objection is valid and intelligent it aids me in fully preparing what should be a position that will prove more defensible than I would have been capable of on my own.

So, no, I would not always state things in the same manner in real life that I do here.

debbiejo
you got a point there, this is very much still real life!!!!! I think some people forget that.

drewbiefan
Internet is great, although obviously dangrous at times. But I have met people in real life after actually getting to know them. My first person was a girl in canada, in which i travelled alone to meetstick out tongue
I have heard the bad sides to the internet though and I am more wary, but if you get to know someone with webcamera's etc, there is no reason why the person should be lieing really.
Oh and I find it sometimes hard to communicate over computers, you do not know the other persons moods or anything.messed

Soleran
Are people much more braver on the net than in real life?

Yes

Yes

I think the internet is cool however I feel bad for people who intend to use this as their primary device to communicate with others.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
When I'm on the internet, I always pretend I'm a fish, but in the real world of man-made things I actually am a fish so I don't need to pretend anymore.

PVS
of course people are more brave on the internet.
what concerns me is whether some special people here are actually retarded off the internet. hi debs smile

Lord Urizen
DUDE UR TOTALLY RIGHT !

On KMC on I'm a total obnoxious, critical, instigating, horny a$$hole....

But in real life, I'm not always like that. I am actually a lot nicer, more polite, and more freindly in person. I'm still a horny f*ck, but I act it out less in real life.

KMC's lack of significant consequence gives me the freedom I need to ler my inner idiot out ! FREEDOM! OH FREEDOM !

smoker4
On the internet im Batman whereas in real life im a Fatman, oh and i rulz at Counterstrike or something!

FeceMan
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
But in real life, I'm not always like that. I am actually a lot nicer, more polite, and more freindly in person. I'm still a horny f*ck, but I act it out less in real life.
The local elementary school put up posters of him around the building.

ThePittman

lord xyz
The thing about the internet is that there's no emotion in what you say. So you can always say you mean whichever is the smart thing.

heru
I,m considered, very blunt in the eyes of my peers. It can be a advantage or a disadvantage, depending on the situation. If I feel disrespected about something I will speak my mind. I'm a little softer on those I care about, but if rubbed the wrong way. They'll feel it just the same.

pr1983

eat

Do you think that the net is a wonderful thing for people who might not be so open to grow in of themselves in preparedness of real conflicts and situations?

Healthy OR not?

When it comes to debating, arguing and such, i'm pretty much the same... if someone asks my opinion i'll give it...

as for all the fun stuff (flirting and such), i'm a red shirt in the star trek episode of life...

Mindship
Originally posted by Regret
Personally, I use forums like this one to make statements and arguments that are not fully thought out. This allows me to observe the responses given and thus gain more insight into the arguments that may arise when I present my position in a real world context. Thus, if an objection is valid and intelligent it aids me in fully preparing what should be a position that will prove more defensible than I would have been capable of on my own.

What he said.

Regarding DJ's question, I think it works both ways. Yes, in some instances, you feel more empowered to express the "real you," all because of faceless, nameless internet communication.

But it is this very identity-free environment which also makes it much easier to pretend and to lie.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by lord xyz
The thing about the internet is that there's no emotion in what you say. So you can always say you mean whichever is the smart thing.

I've tried reading your post by going through the full spectrum of emotions, and not one of them makes what you said smart.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Mindship
What he said.

Regarding DJ's question, I think it works both ways. Yes, in some instances, you feel more empowered to express the "real you," all because of faceless, nameless Internet communication.

But it is this very identity-free environment which also makes it much easier to pretend and to lie. And people can get caught in those lies also. But the Internet is interesting, I find it quite fascinating to see how peoples personalities can come through regardless.

In face to face it is easy to see what people are feeling because of the facial, body, and tone of voice..all expressions. On the net it can be harder to communicate if one has not used many grammar, punctuation and such............especially when it comes to some cultures. But even with that it is much harder, I think to effectively communicate in writing unless one has taken writing courses, or and spelling..And I've seen people slammed because their english is not quite good in some middle eastern cultures.

Of course there are the different types of personalities with different senses of humor. I know that when I joined about 2 years ago, and this was my first forum. The different personalities through me off quite a bit. Especially the more dry personalities, and sarcasm...as everyone knows........lol

But I think for those who may be more introvert, this is a wonderful way to test the waters.

Alpha Centauri
I don't think it's always a matter of being completely different online, but it affords a degree of anonymity and "Who cares what I say?" mentality.

-AC

debbiejo
Oh god.........you're back..........haahhahaha

good post btw

Rogue Jedi
some people here, i wont mention who, tend to talk smack when in fact if they were to meet you face to face, they would cower like scared puppies.

Alpha Centauri
Just out of curiousity, does anybody share Rogue Jedi's opinion?

How do you decide who would and who wouldn't be like that in real life? It just seems a bit odd to me when anybody does that.

-AC

quickshot
I think the internets a great place it allows you to do things without

A)being punched in the face
or
B)Arrested

instead you get

C)a miffed emoticon

lil bitchiness

eat

Healthy OR not?

I am very argumentative in real life (but then again, the choice of my career demands such, so...).
I want to be an academic, so, it would be rather strange if I was unable to speak my opinion or debate about what I believe in.

As a part time job, I speak to people, often, about their money problems and debt.
Now, that is a touchy subject, so sometimes they whine, and I feel sorry for them, sometimes they are rude bastards other times they are just idiotic - so that correlates well with some people here.

You are (apparently) supposed to become numb to it after a while, but I still haven't.

BackFire
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

How do you decide who would and who wouldn't be like that in real life? It just seems a bit odd to me when anybody does that.

-AC

Mental powers, duh.

Lord Urizen
ORGASMIC BLISS !!!! OH YESSssssssss drooliodrooliodrooliodrooliodrooliodroolio

Atlantis001

Mindship
Overall, I would just say there is more freedom on the net, freedom to be yourself, freedom to deceive. It's a playground.

ThePittman
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
some people here, i wont mention who, tend to talk smack when in fact if they were to meet you face to face, they would cower like scared puppies. Most Trolls and Flamers I think fall into this category, the like to use the internet to make themselves feel bigger than they do in real life.

xmarksthespot
And pretend to be law students...

ThePittman
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
And pretend to be law students... laughing

PVS

at least they dont make jokes about the pain and suffering of innocent victims and their families!!! yap!!! yap!!!! yap!!!!

debbiejo
And pretend to be law students... And work for NASA!! eek!

botankus
My favorite was whob's Dr. Gay Guy, the professor who misspelled every tenth word.

Mr. Sandman
..................<---......weeeeeee...look dotzzzz

GO GET IT!

http://www.studio-knit.com/images/home_ball.jpg

PVS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/pr80726.jpg

Robtard

The LAWYER is still hanging around in the OTF. He even has his own thread, his name is misspelled though.

PVS
he got banned eek! Happy Dance

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by PVS

big grin

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS

For two days.

Mindship
who got banned?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mindship
who got banned? Starhawk

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Starhawk

Mooneagle.

Robtard
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Mooneagle.

Planetpigeon?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Robtard
Planetpigeon?

Milkywayswan.

Bardock42
Mooneagle.

Asteroidfalcon

Robtard
Asteroidfalcon

Nebulanightingale

Mr. Sandman
UranusSwallow

(someone was going to do it)

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
UranusSwallow

And obviously it had to be Mr. I-am-disgusting, eh, Mr. I-am-disgusting?

PVS
yip yap the windup toy dog

Ya Krunk'd Floo
UranusSwallow

Who did it? I bet it was Bardock with PVS' anus, right? Boys will be boys...

PVS
Who did it? I bet it was Bardock with PVS' anus, right? Boys will be boys...

droolio

debbiejo
I never get banned.......... cool

ThePittman
I never get banned.......... cool http://www.therubberband.com/images/rubberband.jpg

You have just been banned stick out tongue

Bardock42
I never get banned.......... cool

Do you mean "I never got banned" or "I'll never get banned" or really "I never get banned"?

debbiejo
laughing out loud

I don't really get banned in the usual way.........If there's a loop hole, I'll generally fall right into it........

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Bands, loopholes, falling into things...Probably a joke in there somewhere.

debbiejo
It's a sad thing really................. sad

KharmaDog

The internet is an odd thing. Some people act no different than in real life, others accentuate their personality in one for or another, other's are complete frauds or a**holes. I kinda look at it as that people act on the internet in a manner that they wish they could act all the time. This may make them funny, sarcastic, boring or idiotic to the rest of us, but to them they are being thier ultimate self.

I act pretty much the way I do in real life as I do here. However, I don't think that I am much of a big persona here as a result of that., and I am o.k. with that.

However, there are some real f*ckin' wingnuts. For instance:

(from a thread entitled, "starting vigilantes":

Train your body, mind and soul.

Body: Work out 6 days a week doing weights and cardio. Learn Akido, Jujitsu, Caipera, greco wrestling, taekwando, street defense, and any other method you have time for.

Mind: Take forensics classes, chemistry, bioology, anatomy, calculus and anything else that would broaden your scope. Take law classes as well.

Soul: Take a trip to nature where you can be one with nature. Go live in a forest for a month without any technology and human communication. The insight you'll gain will be priceless.

After 2 years of doing the above, when you have reached a physical and mental peak, you will be ready for your initial street duties.

First, equip yourself. buy light kevlar, hockey goalies mask, shin guard, wrist and elbow pads, a helmet, and spiked shoes. Buy everything in black as you want to blend in. Then get some darts and ninja stars, a dagger, and a PDA.

Once you've geared up, go to the most dangerous neighborhood you know at midnight and start beating the crap out of people you think look suspicious.

Good luck, I'm on my 3rd year of vigilantism and I'm still alive and fine. Don't listen to the other geeky losers on this board, they dont have the balls to do what you and I choose to do.

A classic example of some of the morons you can find on the internet, but damn fine entertainment.

botankus
KD, did he say anything about bringing toilet paper to the woods for that 1-month stay? That requires more than a strengthened soul, IMO.

KharmaDog
That perhaps is one of the greatest posts on KMC ever.

JacopeX

eat

Healthy OR not? Why should people care?

There are many type of people on the Internet who don't talk to others but if you are trying talk about the ones that speak to others then it depends really who you are talking about. People say things that they would never regret saying in real life like me. Everything I say are things I say in real life (Only the serious talk). And Yes I'm not Only saying this because this is the Internet. And no I don't think the Internet would be the thing that would help people be more open. I actually learned how to debate even better than ever by debating with others on the Internet so it would be good use for the ways of other people. There are many things people don't know in real life and cant find nothing out with a book If you want updated facts. The Internet is your best choice.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by JacopeX
Why should people care?

There are many type of people on the Internet who don't talk to others but if you are trying talk about the ones that speak to others then it depends really who you are talking about. People say things that they would never regret saying in real life like me. Everything I say are things I say in real life (Only the serious talk). And Yes I'm not Only saying this because this is the Internet. And no I don't think the Internet would be the thing that would help people be more open. I actually learned how to debate even better than ever by debating with others on the Internet so it would be good use for the ways of other people. There are many things people don't know in real life and cant find nothing out with a book If you want updated facts. The Internet is your best choice.

Lest we forget the great plagerism debate there Jaco... you have spread more fetilizer in this forum than a corn farmer with a 300 acre spread.

JacopeX
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Lest we forget the great plagerism debate there Jaco... you have spread more fetilizer in this forum than a corn farmer with a 300 acre spread. It was a gimmick really. To tell the truth right now, yes I did plagiarise and yes I was in the gangster gimmick the whole time. But I am not lying about that part of my life at all. But now Ive changed a whole lot. I have become stronger and smarter than ever. But hey, at least never joined a gang. I was close though. So I pretty much was going out of control and typing stupid shit. I apologise for all that. But it was just a gimmick. And no I was not trying to be an attention whore at all, it was just something Iw wanted to do back then. Lets just say I was only 13. laughing out loud

Bardock42
I think we should give him a chance. He didn't piss me off lately. That's a good thing. Lots of people piss me off.

JacopeX
I think we should give him a chance. He didn't piss me off lately. That's a good thing. Lots of people piss me off. laughing out loud Yea, I was hoping for a second chance. I became more serious with my post and changed the way I dressed, Talked, and eat......well the eating part nah but you get the picture. big grin

debbiejo
Really?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
laughing out loud Yea, I was hoping for a second chance. I became more serious with my post and changed the way I dressed, Talked, and eat......well the eating part nah but you get the picture. big grin

There. He lost it again.

JacopeX
There. He lost it again. roll eyes (sarcastic) Ok I should leave before you start mistaking me.

Bardock42
roll eyes (sarcastic) Ok I should leave before you start mistaking me.

I'm just kidding, dude. You stay. OR I'LL KILL YOU. Kidding again. Or am I?

JacopeX
I'm just kidding, dude. You stay. OR I'LL KILL YOU. Kidding again. Or am I? Ah, i see.

botankus
I don't know, Bardock. Have you read his spoiler sig?

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
I don't know, Bardock. Have you read his spoiler sig?

Holy shit...but..I mean...no...not worse enough.

PVS
im actually pretty impressed. its big of you to admit some things.
however i think you should openly retract the following statements:

But hey, at least never joined a gang. I was close though.

And no I was not trying to be an attention whore at all, it was just something Iw wanted to do back then.

running around with wreckless youth in suburbia or middle class districts in the city does not equate to being in a hardcore gang. so, dont make excuses for yourself. it ruins a seemingly well thought and sincere gesture.

KharmaDog
It was a gimmick really. To tell the truth right now, yes I did plagiarise and yes I was in the gangster gimmick the whole time. But I am not lying about that part of my life at all. But now Ive changed a whole lot. I have become stronger and smarter than ever. But hey, at least never joined a gang. I was close though. So I pretty much was going out of control and typing stupid shit. I apologise for all that. But it was just a gimmick. And no I was not trying to be an attention whore at all, it was just something Iw wanted to do back then. Lets just say I was only 13. laughing out loud

Wow, a sincere apology for hundreds of lie filled, grammar murdering posts? This makes me realize simething very important.........

That I was right about you all the time. yes

And for the love of God, please change the spoiler tag on your sig. You've been owned more times than a $2.00 whore.

That being said, I like the new direction that you're going.

botankus
lol <--- stupid smilie as a stand-alone, but it's how I feel about KD's conclusion.

Bardock42
The 2 dollar whore thing was funny.

JacopeX
Wow, a sincere apology for hundreds of lie filled, grammar murdering posts? This makes me realize simething very important.........

That I was right about you all the time. yes

And for the love of God, please change the spoiler tag on your sig. You've been owned more times than a $2.00 whore.

That being said, I like the new direction that you're going. I only remember a couple lies but not alot. And yes i was owned somethimes in the past because As I said....IT WAS A GIMMICK! So no I will not change anything. I have not been owned at all since the day things with me changed.

Why should people care about grammar? It should not be serious the way I typed before. You see, you were able to read my post in the past right? Exactly. If I were you, I would have problems with this type of typing:

"ITZ A MONTH ALREEDI DAT ME ND JOANNA BEEN 2GETHER ND I LUV HER
11*20*06"

Now that is typing that should not be tolerated by any member. And you werent right about me with everything. But most of it was just a gimmick. I was just having fun but now I am serious and everything I said now is the truth. Otherwise, "fuuuuuuck it"

botankus
I'll bet you that Debs owns him before the day is over with.

Bardock42
Well anyways, what do you need KD's respect for anyways?

JacopeX
I'll bet you that Debs owns him before the day is over with. Im not debating on nothing at the moment, but as I said before.....ANYTIME! big grin

Well anyways, what do you need KD's respect for anyways? What do you mean?

debbiejo
Well anyways, what do you need KD's respect for anyways? cause KD's mama lost respect for him after doin him.....

botankus
So he made a couple of typos.

Bif deal.

Bardock42
cause KD's mama lost respect for him after doin him.....

...just don't. Please.

Im not debating on nothing at the moment, but as I said before.....ANYTIME! big grin

What do you mean?

Why do you care what either of them think? just behave the way you want to behave. You don't have to tell how you want to behave or apologize for how you behaved before.

JacopeX
...just don't. Please.

Why do you care what either of them think? just behave the way you want to behave. You don't have to tell how you want to behave or apologize for how you behaved before. Just look at his sig.....Pathetic isnt it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
.........Ok.ok.......lol

Well he shouldn't said my familee memJers r Betty Sue, Bobby joe n all we all doo it. Yeeeeeallllll..........his fault.

KharmaDog
The 2 dollar whore thing was funny.

Thanx, I was going to say 5o cent whore...but that would have been just too mean.

I only remember a couple lies but not alot.

Trust me, there was a freakin' tonne.

And yes i was owned somethimes in the past because As I said....IT WAS A GIMMICK!

Excuses.....

So no I will not change anything. I have not been owned at all since the day things with me changed.

You may be a saint and all now, but the $2.00 whore comment was slight ownage. Can I get a ruling by the judges on that one?

Why should people care about grammar?

I retort with this, "why should people endeavor to type like f*cking morons?"

11*20*06"

Otherwise, "fuuuuuuck it"

.......aaaaaannnnnnndd a quick left turn is taken on your route to the high road.

Well anyways, what do you need KD's respect for anyways?

Doesn't everyone crave for that? I'm hurt.bawling

Bardock42
Just look at his sig.....Pathetic isnt it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I find yours stupid, too.

Though I agree he could take that down already. Very amusing nonetheless.

.........Ok.ok.......lol

Well he shouldn't said my familee memJers r Betty Sue, Bobby joe n all we all doo it. Yeeeeeallllll..........his fault.

I meant "don't because you are not smart enough to make it funny" ... thought it was implied.

debbiejo
sad <----- how many times must I post this!!

KharmaDog
Though I agree he could take that down already. Very amusing nonetheless.

I like to stick with what works, and I was actually going to go with something new, but botankus' one liner showed me that it has quite a bit of mileage left.

JacopeX
I dont know why, but I really dont give a damn what you say anymore. You just dont know when to quit. Im telling you the truth but you wont take it. Therefore, im done here with you.

KharmaDog
I dont know why, but I really dont give a damn what you say anymore. You just dont know when to quit. Im telling you the truth but you wont take it. Therefore, im done here with you.

no you're not...

PVS
that reminds me...whats more funny than watching failed comedians get destroyed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTM7SihYIzU

Bardock42
sad <----- how many times must I post this!!

I dunno, I hardly ever post smilies. Not an expert on the.

I like to stick with what works, and I was actually going to go with something new, but botankus' one liner showed me that it has quite a bit of mileage left.

true, but give him a chance, I mean there are other funny things as well. Like...dead babies.

botankus

I think it's one of the top 20 sig lines here at KMC. What makes it so great is how true it brings home so many messages, and does it by using so little space.

KharmaDog
I think it's one of the top 20 sig lines here at KMC. What makes it so great is how true it brings home so many messages, and does it by using so little space.

It truly is a great line. One of the best ever posted on KMC.

Mr. Sandman
cause KD's mama lost respect for him after doin him.....

You are really bad at this.

debbiejo
What is it with you following me just to criticize, haven't you noticed I haven't been responding to you, but only just now....Hmmmmm

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC
there are many members here like this.

Quiero Mota

JacopeX
What is it with you following me just to criticize, haven't you noticed I haven't been responding to you, but only just now....Hmmmmm Use PM next time. wink

debbiejo
Don't tell me what to do.......This is the internet and I can say what ever I want.. smart

I think the internet is a great thing. Thank god you all speak English......Now I can put away all my stereo types....... wink

I believe the internet will bring us all together under the umbrella of unity to be controlled by the antichrist....

This is how I really am off the net too....Great isn't it?? I even have special shirts made for meeeeeeee cool

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
That's an excellent analogy. When a lot of people get behind the wheel, it makes them feel bigger. And a lot of very normal placid people turn into huge ass-holes when they're driving because since they're literally in the driver's seat, they have a King of the Road feeling and think they can do anything. Many people who honk and give you the finger for cutting them off on the highway would absolutely never do that shit if you cut them in line at the movies or the bank. Cause they know they'd get their ass kicked in that situation. The car really is a "shield" in that sense, because when you're in a vehicle, your interaction with strangers is a lot less personal.

The same thing applies to people who talk shit on the internet. I bet a large percentage of them are small people (literally as well as small inside) and the anomity of the internet is the only chance in hell they have of talking shit, since they would get their ass beat if they said that to someone's face.

Mr. Sandman
This is how I really am off the net too....Great isn't it?? I even have special shirts made for meeeeeeee cool

Do they say "I'm with stupid" and have an arrow pointing to your face?

drewbiefan
???? messed

PVS
Don't tell me what to do.......This is the internet and I can say what ever I want.. smart

ironic

debbiejo
Do they say "I'm with stupid" and have an arrow pointing to your face? You should stop looking the the mirror when saying those things.....

PVS
if your joke can be logically simplified to nothing more than "NO!!!! YOU!!!!!!!!", your attempt at a joke/comeback has failed

JacopeX
So theres your answer.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
That's an excellent analogy. When a lot of people get behind the wheel, it makes them feel bigger. And a lot of very normal placid people turn into huge ass-holes when they're driving because since they're literally in the driver's seat, they have a King of the Road feeling and think they can do anything. Many people who honk and give you the finger for cutting them off on the highway would absolutely never do that shit if you cut them in line at the movies or the bank. Cause they know they'd get their ass kicked in that situation. The car really is a "shield" in that sense, because when you're in a vehicle, your interaction with strangers is a lot less personal.

The same thing applies to people who talk shit on the internet. I bet a large percentage of them are small people (literally as well as small inside) and the anomity of the internet is the only chance in hell they have of talking shit, since they would get their ass beat if they said that to someone's face.

I guess violent people will just have to learn how to use their brains.

Rogue Jedi
and the last few posts, by several members, prove the validity of this thread.

Bardock42
there are many members here like this.

Care to share and provide evidence for your claims?

Rogue Jedi
Care to share and provide evidence for your claims?
no need to. they know who they are. also this thread even having posts proves it.

Bardock42
no need to. they know who they are. also this thread even having posts proves it.

I don't understand. This thread is about the behaviour of people on the Internet.

How does that prove that they would not stand by what they claim in Real Life?

Rogue Jedi
because anyone with half a brain knows that people lie and talk shit on the net. you want me to find an article or something that states this, written by a doctor or something? forget it. good luck finding one.
are you telling me that no one, not in the history of the net, has told a single lie about themselves? do you really believe this?

Bardock42
because anyone with half a brain knows that people lie and talk shit on the net. you want me to find an article or something that states this, written by a doctor or something? forget it. good luck finding one.
are you telling me that no one, not in the history of the net, has told a single lie about themselves? do you really believe this?

No

But that's not what I stated. Nor is it what you said. Here's your post:Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
some people here, i wont mention who, tend to talk smack when in fact if they were to meet you face to face, they would cower like scared puppies.

Why do you think "they" would not stand up to their claims in RL? Why do you know it about "them" exactly? How?

Rogue Jedi
No

But that's not what I stated. Nor is it what you said. Here's your post:

Why do you think "they" would not stand up to their claims in RL? Why do you know it about "them" exactly? How?
well, the mere fact that someone gets banned and shows back up as a sock is one point.
also, people who post fake pics of themselves. i happen to know one member here who was hurt very badly by someone claiming to be something they werent.
i have personally seen at least half a dozen members post fake pics here.
i dont claim to know everything about "them". i do know that "they" are gonna keep on doing it.

Bardock42
well, the mere fact that someone gets banned and shows back up as a sock is one point.
also, people who post fake pics of themselves. i happen to know one member here who was hurt very badly by someone claiming to be something they werent.
i dont claim to know everything about "them". i do know that "they" are gonna keep on doing it.

Oh, I agree that people are not always honest on the Net. I thought you were saying that many people would not stand by their opinions and arguments in real life. I guess I'm a GDFer, I didn't really think of Online Drama and Member's Pictures.

Strangelove
I be as truthful as I feel I should be, and if I don't feel I should be truthful, I either shut up or spout obvious lies. It's fun smile

Victor Von Doom

How are any of those points backing for what you originally claimed?

Fire

eat

Healthy OR not?

People are probably braver online than they are in real life (in a group atleast).

The net is the best invention ever for introvert and shy people! I don't really care what anyone might say about this being wrong. I was a pretty shy and introvert person before I got online. But after online a few months of chatting I had found a ton of new friends. The more I think about the more I know the net helped me a lot in becoming more confident and more open. I'm not saying I'm the most extravert person you're gonna find because I'm certainly not. However now I'd qualify myself as being in the center. And in a one on one I'm probably in the top half.

The net can be very healthy, if used properly. With a bit of common sense from parents or with kids who are old enough the risk (at least in Belgium) is minimal. I know one thing, I'll encourage my kids to get active online, cause everyone can benefit from it in my opinion.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
read bardocks post i was replying to.

Victor Von Doom
read bardocks post i was replying to. Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

Rogue Jedi
ok, in your mind, from what you read, what was i trying to say in those earlier posts you are questioning?

Bardock42
ok, in your mind, from what you read, what was i trying to say in those earlier posts you are questioning?

He was basically referring to what I hinted at already. You claimed in the beginning that people would not stand up for their thoughts and opinions, now you totally changed that approach, I kinda dropped it cause, well, not in the mood of pointing it out today, but I can see how it must seem very weird to him and a few others on that read it. Cause it is weird. You dig?

Rogue Jedi
He was basically referring to what I hinted at already. You claimed in the beginning that people would not stand up for their thoughts and opinions, now you totally changed that approach, I kinda dropped it cause, well, not in the mood of pointing it out today, but I can see how it must seem very weird to him and a few others on that read it. Cause it is weird. You dig?
my original point was that people talk shit and lie about themselves on the internet. they will say things to others that they would never say to their face. i also stated that some people lie about who they are on the internet, like posting fake pics or claiming a false age. i also said that by being banned and returning as a sock, they are lying about who they are.
wheres the confusion? there was no change of approach, just pointing out that people lie in all manners on the internet, and i provided good examples of how they do this. this is not confusing at all.

Victor Von Doom
my original point was that people talk shit and lie about themselves on the internet. they will say things to others that they would never say to their face. i also stated that some people lie about who they are on the internet, like posting fake pics or claiming a false age. i also said that by being banned and returning as a sock, they are lying about who they are.
wheres the confusion? there was no change of approach, just pointing out that people lie in all manners on the internet, and i provided good examples of how they do this. this is not confusing at all.

It's not confusing, just facile.

Why is that proof of what they would do in real life?

Answer: it's not.

Rogue Jedi
there is such a thing as common knowledge, you know. are you trying to tell me that in the whole world there is no one who talks shit on the net but would be unable to back it up in real life?

Victor Von Doom
there is such a thing as common knowledge, you know. are you trying to tell me that in the whole world there is no one who talks shit on the net but would be unable to back it up in real life?

Nope.

Trying to tell me the opposite?

Rogue Jedi
that has to be the most naive opinion i have ever heard. god bless you.

Victor Von Doom
that has to be the most naive opinion i have ever heard. god bless you.

Could you possibly outline my naive opinion?

It's just because I think (know) that you have- which is unusual for you Pssshahahah- misunderstood everything.

Rogue Jedi
so i misunderstood? care to explain where and how i lost my way?

Victor Von Doom
No, and do you know why?

You would misunderstand that as well.

This isn't a personal attack, it's a genuine, widely observable trait of your posting.

Rogue Jedi
No, and do you know why?

You would misunderstand that as well.

This isn't a personal attack, it's a genuine, widely observable trait of your posting.
why dont you give it a shot? what the matter, are you unable to back up your argument? by refusing to explain yourself "because i wont understand" is a lame excuse.

Victor Von Doom
why dont you give it a shot? what the matter, are you unable to back up your argument? by refusing to explain yourself "because i wont understand" is a lame excuse.

I'll be honest- it's because you are an idiot.

I will explain again, and you will post some pathetic reply that makes me wish I could commit immense violence upon your dull brain.

How do you expect me to explain how you misunderstood? You didn't reply with my 'naive opinion', instead choosing to ejaculate more inanities.

Tell me what my naive opinion was, and I'll show you what you have done wrong, in a foolproof, idiotproof, ABC manner, that even you will have to strain yourself to misrepresent.

Rogue Jedi
Nope.

Trying to tell me the opposite?
there it is. you replied with a no when i asked you about whether or not anyone has ever misrepresented themselves on the net or talked smack and would be unable to back it up.
i am an idiot? i am not the one who thinks everyone can back up their talk on the net in person. this, in most peoples opinion, is naive.
you can twist this around any way you want, consult your dictionary for more fancy words, whatever. i could care less.

Victor Von Doom
there it is. you replied with a no when i asked you about whether or not anyone has ever misrepresented themselves on the net or talked smack and would be unable to back it up.
i am an idiot? i am not the one who thinks everyone can back up their talk on the net in person. this, in most peoples opinion, is naive.
you can twist this around any way you want, consult your dictionary for more fancy words, whatever. i could care less.

Ah. That's what I thought. OK strap yourself in.

Here is what you asked. Ready?

'are you trying to tell me that in the whole world there is no one who talks shit on the net but would be unable to back it up in real life?'

Here is what I replied, as you so thoughtfully quoted:

'Nope.'

Shall we go over that, for the slow one?

Am I trying to tell you that blah blah....? 'Nope'

Did you see?

Again: you asked whether I was trying to tell you that 'in the whole world there is no one who talks shit on the net but would be unable to back it up in real life?'

Remember what I said? 'Nope'- that means, in case you haven't grasped it yet, and I strongly feel you probably haven't, that I am not trying to tell you that.

Now what?

You don't care?

I should lighten up?

More misunderstandings?

A combination? Don't keep us waiting, the suspense is too much.

Rogue Jedi
Ah. That's what I thought. OK strap yourself in.

Here is what you asked. Ready?

'are you trying to tell me that in the whole world there is no one who talks shit on the net but would be unable to back it up in real life?'

Here is what I replied, as you so thoughtfully quoted:

'Nope.'

Shall we go over that, for the slow one?

Am I trying to tell you that blah blah....? 'Nope'

Did you see?

Again: you asked whether I was trying to tell you that 'in the whole world there is no one who talks shit on the net but would be unable to back it up in real life?'

Remember what I said? 'Nope'- that means, in case you haven't grasped it yet, and I strongly feel you probably haven't, that I am not trying to tell you that.

Now what?

You don't care?

I should lighten up?

More misunderstandings?

A combination? Don't keep us waiting, the suspense is too much.
by posting nope, most people would take it as you disagreeing with me, saying that you believe that all people can back themselves up in person. its pretty convenient that now you claim that you were in fact saying that you do not believe this to be the case, that there are in fact some out there who do this.
seems to me that you are one of the people that we are talking about.

you also questioned me earlier when i brought up people being banned and returning as socks, and members posting fake pics here. you asked what those had to do with my claims about people misrepresenting themselves, lying, and not being able to back up their claims. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out, they are lying and misrepresenting themselves....do i need to slow down for you? the subjects are LINKED, and they points are completely valid.
why you cant see this is beyond me. were you dropped on your head as a baby? did mommy fail to breast feed you as a child? a little too much chlorine in the gene pool? is your uncle really your daddy?

Victor Von Doom
by posting nope, most people would take it as you disagreeing with me, saying that you believe that all people can back themselves up in person.

No, no they wouldn't.

Idiots would. You are incapable of reading correctly.

you also questioned me earlier when i brought up people being banned and returning as socks, and members posting fake pics here. you asked what those had to do with my claims about people misrepresenting themselves, lying, and not being able to back up their claims.

No I didn't. This is why it's frustrating to post in conjunction with you- you're actually a criminally dense spaz. Not even debbiejo levels of mental silliness: just intense, awesome defectiveness.

Here was your evidence:

'well, the mere fact that someone gets banned and shows back up as a sock is one point.
also, people who post fake pics of themselves.'

Here is your original claim (Bear in mind that these are all direct quotes, that people can read at their leisure. Later claiming you said something else doesn't quite erase them.) :

'some people here, i wont mention who, tend to talk smack when in fact if they were to meet you face to face, they would cower like scared puppies. '

Explain to me, now, why the former is evidence for the latter. Go on.

Enough stupid, non sequitur replies and other clouding bullshit. Show me.

Rogue Jedi
No, no they wouldn't.

Idiots would. You are incapable of reading correctly.

No I didn't. This is why it's frustrating to post in conjunction with you- you're actually a criminally dense spaz. Not even debbiejo levels of mental silliness: just intense, awesome defectiveness.

Here was your evidence:

'well, the mere fact that someone gets banned and shows back up as a sock is one point.
also, people who post fake pics of themselves.'

Here is your original claim (Bear in mind that these are all direct quotes, that people can read at their leisure. Later claiming you said something else doesn't quite erase them.) :if

'some people here, i wont mention who, tend to talk smack when in fact if they were to meet you face to face, they would cower like scared puppies. '

Explain to me, now, why the former is evidence for the latter. Go on.

Enough stupid, non sequitur replies and other clouding bullshit. Show me.
well, you have sunk even lower, insulting someone else when you had no right to. what the hell does debbiejo have to do with your psychotic vendetta against me? i have never, NOT EVER, seen someone in an argument bring in a third party and insult them here. you are like a little girl, whining beacuse someone stole their doll.

one last time: the following examples of behavior are linked, they have everything to do with each other.
1. talking shit and not being able to back it up face to face
2. lying about who they are
3. getting banned, then coming back as a sock

you want me to name names of people i suspect are doing this? no. i dont drag others into my arguments like you do. if you dont get it know, then you are a frigging retard.

also, when you posted "nope" earlier, and then do an about face and claim to mean it in another way, you could have said "no, RJ, i meant it like this." but NO......you had to start with the grade school comments, insulting and other childlike behavior.

you are, without a doubt, the biggest joke i have ever witnessed, a truly pathetic individual.

Victor Von Doom
well, you have sunk even lower, insulting someone else when you had no right to. what the hell does debbiejo have to do with your psychotic vendetta against me? i have never, NOT EVER, seen someone in an argument bring in a third party and insult them here. you are like a little girl, whining beacuse someone stole their doll.

one last time: the following examples of behavior are linked, they have everything to do with each other.

you want me to name names of people i suspect are doing this? no. i dont drag others into my arguments like you do. if you dont get it know, then you are a frigging retard.

also, when you posted "nope" earlier, and then do an about face and claim to mean it in another way, you could have said "no, RJ, i meant it like this." but NO......you had to start with the grade school comments, insulting and other childlike behavior.

you are, without a doubt, the biggest joke i have ever witnessed, a truly pathetic individual.

Summary: bullshit.

Bardock42

Truly one of the funniest things I have ever read.

Anyways, short summary:

You changed your whole approach and statements after being called out.

End of summary.

Rogue Jedi
Truly one of the funniest things I have ever read.

Anyways, short summary:

You changed your whole approach and statements after being called out.

End of summary.
i expected this from you, so no offense taken. you are what you are, cant help that.

the points are all linked and valid, end of summary.

Bardock42
i expected this from you, so no offense taken. you are what you are, cant help that.

the points are all linked and valid, end of summary.

But they are not. They are just random. You might have meant it, but you didn't say it in the beginning. All fair though, everyone makes mistakes. I just now made a typo and wrote "lvoe" instead of "love". It is embarrassing, but we should all be mature about it and admit it. Like you...admitting that you stated something very different. Now please.

Rogue Jedi
But they are not. They are just random. You might have meant it, but you didn't say it in the beginning. All fair though, everyone makes mistakes. I just now made a typo and wrote "lvoe" instead of "love". It is embarrassing, but we should all be mature about it and admit it. Like you...admitting that you stated something very different. Now please.
these three examples i stated...

are all about people lying, misrepresenting themselves, and generally being full of crap. would'nt you agree?

Rogue Jedi
Summary: bullshit.
well, thats your opinion and i respect your right to have one.

Victor Von Doom
these three examples i stated...

are all about people lying, misrepresenting themselves, and generally being full of crap. would'nt you agree?

Yes. That is what they are.

Though you don't even know what you said yourself, so how can the person with whom you speak expect you to understand them?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>