Ryu Versus Yugo the Wolf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
Who wins, Ryu or Yugo?
Ryu: our beloved SF poster boy, master of ansatsuken karate, under tutelage of Oro, harbors great power, focus, experience, calm and brutal in defense. fought the likes of Akuma, Oro, Hugo, Sagat, Ken (...and lost to all but still a feet nonetheless). slower, but more focused and patient.

Yugo: Bloody roar poster boy, master boxer, solid chin, great speed and stamina, inhuman strength (capable of sending people flying across the room with a hook), lots of heart (came out of ICU to go on fighting without treatment). reckless in nature but solid offense. Also i'm barring beast mode.

Who wins?

~Sado

grey fox
Originally posted by Sado22
Who wins, Ryu or Yugo?
Ryu: our beloved SF poster boy, master of ansatsuken karate, under tutelage of Oro, harbors great power, focus, experience, calm and brutal in defense. fought the likes of Akuma, Oro, Hugo, Sagat, Ken (...and lost to all but still a feet nonetheless). slower, but more focused and patient.

Yugo: Bloody roar poster boy, master boxer, solid chin, great speed and stamina, inhuman strength (capable of sending people flying across the room with a hook), lots of heart (came out of ICU to go on fighting without treatment). reckless in nature but solid offense. Also i'm barring beast mode.

Who wins?

~Sado

Barring beast mode ?

Spite-thread.

Sado22
shut your mouth loser wink

Tallis
I'm gonna have to agree. YUgo is a great fighter but in his human form he has'nt performed a feat of strengh I myself have'nt accomplished. Ryu on the other hand...Need I even say it.

However if he can transform he has a greater chance of winning

Hoshi
when did ryu lose to yugo? The only thing official about it is that hugo survived the hin shoryuken , nothing more.Ryu never lost to sagat too. Well , if yugo cant transform i would say he doesnt really stand a chance , he is a good boxer and a super street fighter, but he is just too "normal" to fight ryu

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Hoshi
when did ryu lose to yugo? The only thing official about it is that hugo survived the hin shoryuken , nothing more.Ryu never lost to sagat too. Well , if yugo cant transform i would say he doesnt really stand a chance , he is a good boxer and a super street fighter, but he is just too "normal" to fight ryu Ryu did lose to sagat in alpha 3, but not hugo.

Sado22
roll eyes (sarcastic)

well i assume you also got the ass kicking of your life after being ambushed by one of the strongest Zoanthropes around, went to the ICU (intensive care unit) but ran off without treatment to fight THAT zoanthrope and his whole organization. not to mention how a light punch from Yugo sent Nagi FLYING across the whole room....and that was in his normal mode. in beast mode, he'll chop ryu up and down and have him for breakfast. no other way around it. also if any of you people think having a projectile is actually an advantage for ryu, just know that Ryu's hadouken is equal to getting hit by a kick. that is it. so no edge. on top of all that Ryu is too slow compared to Yugo. as for power, that too goes to Yugo cuz Ryu can't knock some across the whole room with a LIGHT punch. stamina, again, goes to Yugo for the above reasons. skill goes to Ryu and so does experience.

first of all you didn't tell me if you get the pictures i sent you of SF3 ryu. so did you?
second, Ryu DID lose to Sagat on both the occassions they fought. the first time ryu fought Sagat was in SF1 where he got schooled badly. he was losing the fight horribly and in fact was beaten. he was actually beaten to his knees, utterly defeated. Sagat, having won, walked up to him and tried to help him up. That is when Ryu's satsui no hadou awoke and he became evil ryu for a split second. he did the metsu shoryuken and put the scar on Sagat's chest. Sagat didn't see it coming at all and din't expect ryu to be so cheap. that is how Ryu won the only tournament he ever won: a cheap shot.

the second time they fought was when ryu became Psycho ryu after Bison defeated him and was trying to possess his body. this was during SFA3. Ryu gave in to the pscyho power and became Psycho Ryu. Psycho Ryu=Evil Ryu since Pyscho power is a twin sister to Dark hadou (as Bison says himself). that said, Sagat, Ken and Sakura show up and try to stop Bison. Ken and Sakura take on Bison while Sagat fights Psycho ryu.....and kicks the crap out of him. this was Ryu's second defeat to Sagat...mind you he was actually powered up here by psycho power and yet was still schooled.
any arguments?

As for Hugo i was assuming it since Ryu didn't KO him with his strongest attack, i doubt he could do it otherwise. That was my speculation...so my bad by making it sound like he did. however, it isn't confirmed that Ryu WON either. so we are left guessing and so speculation is forgivable.

tell you what: here is a link to all the canon info about SF. maybe you'd get to know more about Ryu this way, instead of have me tell you.
here:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/street_fighter_plot.txt

so when its all said and done Ryu has lost to:
Akuma (since Akuma and Oro drawed, and SF3 Ryu got schooled by Oro, it only makes sense that akuma beat Ryu as well when they fought in SFA2)
Oro (SF3)
Ken (SFA2 and SF2)
Sagat (as Ryu AND Psycho Ryu)
Sakura (on purpose)
Hugo (fair guess)
ironically these happen to be the fights we KNOW Ryu to take place in. lol, got schooled in more fights than he won. now call me anti-ryu if you all want, when its all said and done, i know the plot and so i can back up what i'm saying. also ryu is number 10 on my all time favorite list....i just don't llike how some of his fans over-rate him. they tend to take a lot from other guys by doing that and it pisses me off...especially when they don't even bother knowing about the other guy or even about ryu.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Sado, what's up with down playing ryu. He's projectile being equal to kick doesn't mean it's weak. He was able to bring a sky scrapper down with a hadouken So, That's one powerful kick.smile

the second time they fought was when ryu became Psycho ryu after Bison defeated him and was trying to possess his body. this was during SFA3. Ryu gave in to the pscyho power and became Psycho Ryu. Psycho Ryu=Evil Ryu since Pyscho power is a twin sister to Dark hadou

Psycho ryu is considered similar to satsu no hadou ryu, there not confirmed to be the same strength.

As for Hugo i was assuming it since Ryu didn't KO him with his strongest attack, i doubt he could do it otherwise. That was my speculation...so my bad. however, it isn't confirmed that Ryu WON either. so we are left guessing and so speculation is forgivable.

Well, that feat also said that ryu fought hugo in the thrid street fighter tournament. So, he could not have lost to hugo since he was disqualified by oro.

Emperor Ashtar

so when its all said and done Ryu has lost to:
Akuma (since Akuma and Oro drawed, and SF3 Ryu got schooled by Oro, it only makes sense that akuma beat Ryu as well when they fought in SFA2)
Oro (SF3)
Ken (SFA2 and SF2)
Sagat (as Ryu AND Psycho Ryu)

Well, excluding the one he let sakura win. He fought over 10,000 bouts and only lost 4 known fights agains top fighters. so, that's not a bad win record. Also, he's stated to have a better win record over ken, infact the reason why ken wears a red gi is because ryu was better. So, ken decided to stand out by alering he's gi's colour.

ironically these happen to be the fights we KNOW Ryu to take place in. lol, got schooled in more fights than he won. now call me anti-ryu if you all want, when its all said and done, i know the plot and so i can back up what i'm saying. also ryu is number 10 on my all time favorite list....i just don't llike how some of his fans over-rate him. they tend to take a lot from other guys by doing that and it pisses me off...especially when they don't even bother knowing about the other guy or even about ryu.

~Sado

The only place I find consistent ryu fans are in this site, most people prefer ken or gouki over ryu. He's banned on cammy fan and many people consider him a one dimensional character (Which he is). So, RYU-HATE is not new. He's been surpassed in terms of design by so many new characters I.E. Terry Bogard, K prime, even kyo. But, all in all he's the first and can still compete despite being a really old character, outdated character.

Sado22
Hey! whats up, emp?

huh? when was that? are you talking about the SFalpha anime? cuz if you are then we both know that the anime and udon manga are not canon.
as for downplaying it, well i'm not really down playing ryu. i don't have to remind you that ryu is number 10 on my all time favorite list. i'm just cancelling out his overrated parts with his canon parts. addition and then subtraction=cancellation

if it is similar then it probably isn't an exaggeration to assume that they are similar in strength. of course i could be wrong. but do remember that SFA bison was godtier just like akuma was.

we had this discussion before rememer....the good old days, eh? anyway, like i said, it was MY bad for making it sound like it was a canon fact when it really wasn't. however, like i also said, since we ARE NOT told who won, the doors to speculation are always open. also Tiamat said that they "probably" fought in SF3 and clearly statest that they could have fought during SF3 3rd strike as well since Ryu was in US then and Hugo operates in US. so its all speculation.

see ya around dude.
~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Hey! whats up, emp?

huh? when was that? are you talking about the SFalpha anime? cuz if you are then we both know that the anime and udon manga are not canon.
as for downplaying it, well i'm not really down playing ryu. i don't have to remind you that ryu is number 10 on my all time favorite list. i'm just cancelling out his overrated parts with his canon parts. addition and then subtraction=cancellation

Alpha the movie feats are stated to be how street fighter characters would fight without game restriction by capcom themselves. Ryu, only has back in this forum alone, most people hate him as a character. I don't even touch him when I play street fighter. So, where are these crazy ryu fanboys you mention, whoever they are it would be a change of pace smile

if it is similar then it probably isn't an exaggeration to assume that they are similar in strength. of course i could be wrong. but do remember that SFA bison was godtier just like akuma was.

True, but similarities are stated to be only because psycho energy and satsu no hadou feed of strong negative emotions, check it out.

If I remeber Satsu No Hadou, after effects are increased physical strength and knowledge of moves you've never seen before, I'll try to get a source to confirm that.

we had this discussion before rememer....the good old days, eh? anyway, like i said, it was MY bad for making it sound like it was a canon fact when it really wasn't. however, like i also said, since we ARE NOT told who won, the doors to speculation are always open. also Tiamat said that they "probably" fought in SF3 and clearly statest that they could have fought during SF3 3rd strike as well since Ryu was in US then and Hugo operates in US. so its all speculation.
~Sado

You don't have to apologize, tiamat got the source from saiki. The source said hugo performed a Shin-Shoryu-Ken during the third street fighter tournament. Tiamat, claims he doesn't know where said event tooks place despite posting it took place in the third tournament.

See that, it mentions a amazing performance in The third tournament.

Tiamat, mentions it here too:

And finally, here:

So, most likely he fought him in the third tournament.At least that's where the evidence points but, it's unconfirmed. So, I don't think it holds weight as a feat but, hey it's only speculation, no biggie.

Sado22
heh, nice to hear from you after a hiatus. i was starting to miss our lack of agreement on anythingsmile

man, so ryu can practically do a jump knee attack, float in the air and do a reverse elbow smash, still float in the air and do another kick, STILL float in the air and do a punch, and THEN land. cool....**** gravity, who needs that shit!? lol. However I DO get your meaning, however, since its not canon then it isn't.
capcom spews a lot of shit around here and there. give 'em a few months and don't surprised if you find out that ryu's actually a girl.
they have a problem making up their minds and once they do, Capcom of US makes an even bigger mess of things (remember the poison bit, sick) by getting confused between japanese and english. do you know that "guy" was suppossed to be called "Gai"? they just didn't know how to pronounce it! idiots.

i know that and its all good. like i said similar can be taken as equal too as well as the way you say. the point i was actually trying to make was that ryu was powered up by an external sourece but was still defeated by Sagat. I was really looking out for Sagat in SF3 too bad he wasn't there.

cool.

yeah, fair enough.

see ya around.
~Sado

Emperor Ashtar

man, so ryu can practically do a jump knee attack, float in the air and do a reverse elbow smash, still float in the air and do another kick, STILL float in the air and do a punch, and THEN land. cool....**** gravity, who needs that shit!? lol. However I DO get your meaning, however, since its not canon then it isn't.

Well fair enough, But if we eliminate feats from other media in game versus. We get pretty undefined characters, I don't wanna have to get proof that ryu can do a hadouken in the air or aim upward with his hadouken just because he doesn't do them in game. And capcom has confirmed that his feats in the movie are canon.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/street_fighter_plot.txt

If capcom says it, I guess it's true. Otherwise there would be no point in confirming things, but meh, I dunno.

capcom spews a lot of shit around here and there. give 'em a few months and don't surprised if you find out that ryu's actually a girl.
they have a problem making up their minds and once they do, Capcom of US makes an even bigger mess of things (remember the poison bit, sick) by getting confused between japanese and english. do you know that "guy" was suppossed to be called "Gai"? they just didn't know how to pronounce it! idiots.

Capcom of japan makes some retcons here and there, but street fighters plot is air tight and well written versus many fighting games.
Capcom of america is just plain retarded and convolute everything.

Sado22
THAT was what i wanted to see! ryu actually showing that he is NOT overrated. funny though if you think about it...as usual capcom aren't making any sense. how the hell does ryu vapourize people with a well laid kick?! mad stupid capcom. how the hell can a good, well laid kick vaporize people?!!! dumbasses....hence notice my comment about "spewing shit around". idiots. they contradict themselves all the time.

is it on Ryu's section or what? i can't find it....more like i don't know where to look actually since its friggin HUGE!

ditto. its ironic how one of the most popular characters of SF (akuma) practically came into existence as a april's fool joke. you seen that? laughing

Later emp.
~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Ok, I just remebered, ryu wasn't using psycho energy when he was psycho ryu. He was just being brainwashed with it, that's why his moves are the same versus satsu no ryu who has a completely altered moveset and was using satsu no hadou. In contrast, he was powered by satsu no hadou in his match against against the prooff comes from the fact that he used a technique that's not in his original moveset "Metsu-Shoryuken". So in other words, he was not being powered by it and could not have gotten a power boost by it.

EDIT:

http://fightingstreet.com/folders/variousinfofolder/variousinfopages/streetfighterplotguide.txt

Emperor Ashtar
Here's more evidence that it was a brainwashed and not a power boost:

Sado22
^^
let me read it all over again and then i'll reply.
Later dude.
~Sado

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.