Comics in Belgium and The Netherlands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet_Spidey

Scoobless
Ok.

smile

Black Adam
Originally posted by Scarlet_Spidey
America's buy-'n-throw-away comics

considering how much they cost, I sure as hell don't.

willRules
Yeah the comics here in the UK are better value for money compared to their American counterparts as well yes

Kid Kurdy

Black Adam
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy

So you are saying that European comics are better than American comics ?!?

Well, you're right cool

the only European comic I've heard about is The Killer.

http://www.submarinechannel.com/content/killer/index.html

It's really good. smile

Martian_mind
In aus i think we get shipped the comics theyfind in americans trashcans.Its not fair.donatello

Scoobless
Originally posted by Martian_mind
In aus i think we get shipped the comics theyfind in americans trashcans.Its not fair.donatello

You can get Decent quality comics in Sydney.... I found 2 or 3 decent shops that are just off of George Street

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Black Adam
the only European comic I've heard about is The Killer.

http://www.submarinechannel.com/content/killer/index.html

It's really good. smile
Yes, I know The Killer, I read every story of it (at least four or five roll eyes (sarcastic) )

But indeed, it's a good comic.

One of the best European comics these days, is the fantastic Blacksad.

Kid Kurdy
Another Blacksad picture

Scarlet_Spidey
Well European scomics are a bit more ... artistic perhaps. European comic artist dare to try out a totally new and maby weird style while most of the superherocomics are drawn in the same lines.

But i was talking about the comic -strips like Gaston Lagaffe, Tintin, Buck Danny, Thorgal, XII, Lady S, Billy, Bob and Bobette, ...
(these comics mentioned above are all belgian comics)

Kid Kurdy
Well European scomics are a bit more ... artistic perhaps. European comic artist dare to try out a totally new and maby weird style while most of the superherocomics are drawn in the same lines.

But i was talking about the comic -strips like Gaston Lagaffe, Tintin, Buck Danny, Thorgal, XII, Lady S, Billy, Bob and Bobette, ...
(these comics mentioned above are all belgian comics)
Yes I know all of them, and I even like most of them.

Except Buck Danny. Not my thing.

(Thorgal is also partially Polish).

long pig
The Netherlands actually exist? Holy hell!

Can you fly? Is that little pixie whore flying around being a tease? Man, she was a total whore.

bigbran
Originally posted by long pig

Can you fly? Is that little pixie whore flying around being a tease? Man, she was a total whore. laughing laughing laughing laughing

Martian_mind
Wait,There are stores in Aus!!!!holy sh*t i must alert the masses immediatley."runs to top of shack with megaphone and screams out,we have stores"

Scarlet_Spidey
Originally posted by long pig

Can you fly? Is that little pixie whore flying around being a tease? Man, she was a total whore.

I live in Belgium.

Anyhow, ...

@ Kid Kurdy :
Well yes indeed Thorgal is half polish, because of Rosinski, the artist. Still without Van Hamme as writer the series wouldn't be it. Rosinski even fled in the 80' due to the berlin wall being built, so he could still make drawings for Van Hamme. Rosinski then later neutralized his status to Belgian, so technically spoken he is Belgian.

I think almost everybody knows Van Hamme, his comic XII is reasonably popular since it got a videogame, Largo Winch (forgot to mention that he also invented Largo Winch) has movies, series, merchandise .. you name it.

willRules
I live in Belgium.

Anyhow, ...

laughing I don't know why but I found this reply hilarious yes

Kid Kurdy
I smell a bit of... snobism ? Is that it ? Not much, but still, it's there.

Don't let it get to you Scarlet Spidey. And you're right about Thorgal.

Scarlet_Spidey
Snobism ? I just don't like people comparing me to Hollanders !
Tragedy is when i'm called a Hollander, comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.

Anyhow, Thorgal, whether it is partially polish or not (not polish in my opinion), it's a great comic. Too bad Thorgal has to die, he's one of the first leadcharacters of a comicbook who dies after so many years. * sniff * I'll surely miss him. But look on the bright side, the first Thorgal comics still were the best and the most original, while the newest weren't half as good as the oldest ones. And Rosinski is experimenting too much with his style (he makes a painting for every single ehm boxy thingy you know what i mean).

Anyhow, if anyone would like some scans of Belgian strips (not all ofcourse but some pages ) you can request it here. My scanner awaits your demand.

Kid Kurdy
Too bad Thorgal has to die, he's one of the first leadcharacters of a comicbook who dies after so many years. * sniff * I'll surely miss him.
Thorgal doesn't die. He still lives you know.

Scarlet_Spidey
Thorgal doesn't die. He still lives you know.

There was a special 3 weeks ago about Thorgal's last comic in which he dies. I don't know if it is on the market yet, but he will die.

Kid Kurdy
I have read the last Thorgal (an import version, not the Dutch version), and I can say this : he doesn't die.

I can also say something else : The Sacrifice is actually a good comic, especially compared with the last Thorgals.

Scarlet_Spidey
I have read the last Thorgal (an import version, not the Dutch version), and I can say this : he doesn't die.

I can also say something else : The Sacrifice is actually a good comic, especially compared with the last Thorgals.

What ? So this is a whole blow-up ? Well that's idiotic, i read in the magazine that he'd die. mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.