Team Ninja vs Team Jenova

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Representing Team Ninja is Ryu Hayabusa and Ayane, while representing Team Jenova is Loz and Kadaj.

Hayate and Kasumi is infected with the Geostigma virus, while Yazoo is incapaticated.

Throwdown at the Shinra Building ruins. Loz fights Kadaj while Hayabusa duels Kadaj in a sword battle.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Major Snafu
Representing Team Ninja is Ryu Hayabusa and Ayane, while representing Team Jenova is Loz and Kadaj.

Hayate and Kasumi is infected with the Geostigma virus, while Yazoo is incapaticated.

Throwdown at the Shinra Building ruins. Loz fights Kadaj while Hayabusa duels Kadaj in a sword battle.
So Ryu and Loz double-team Kadaj? Oh yeah, that's fair.

Major Snafu
Sorry about the typo. Ryu fights Kadaj while Ayane deals with Loz.

Cloud_VII
Kadaj and Ryu seem to have similar swordsmanship skills, and have similar reaction times since both have shown to be capable of blocking and dodging bullets in time. Loz's speed is greater than Ayane's, and has a really powerful gauntlet, but Ayane has Ninjutsu skills and Ninpo techniques. I think this is a good fight I'm not sure who would win.

Cloud_VII
This is a pretty damn good fight.

Mesirus
Loz beats Ayane with reletive easy
Ryu beats Kadaj with some difficulty

Loz vs Ryu, not sure, probably Ryu. However i think Loz with beat Ayane before Ryu beats Kadaj so it could be a double team in which case Jenova wins

Cloud_VII
Ayane would not be easy for Loz. She has numerous abilities such as the ability to shoot a massive energy blast at her opponent as shown in DOAU. Also, she packs a more devasting punch than Loz as shown here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5eL_KR64MDw. Also, she can jump pretty damn high and can teleport and appear out of nowhere, which almost makes up for Loz's greater speed. However, Loz gets to use the Materia he uses in AC, so he also has some advantages in this fight. Ryu and Kadaj as I've mentioned have just about equal skill, and a variety of different powers. Kadaj has his powerful Materia spells and Ryu has his insane Karma techniques.

Also, Kadaj is genetically enhanced as a result of having Jenova cells in his body and Ryu is a descendant of the Dragon Lineage and has superhuman characteristics. Well anyway, here are my ratings for the teams.

Kadaj and Loz: 50%

Ryu and Ayane: 50%

Kadesh
I thought it took ayane a matter of seconds to send out that blast? Its not instant you know and if she attemped to do that loz would get to her

Cloud_VII
That's the amount of time it took Ayane to destroy the crossroad, not how long it would take to punch Loz fifty yards across.

Kadesh
No, it took her seconds to summon the blast of energy, and she would have to do it if Loz is lying flat on the ground which i doubt since he has great endurance, any attempts to send out that blast would be a disaster since loz is quick enough to attack

Fallin Angel
Yea, it would take Ayane a while to summon up the energy to use that move. All the opponent has to do is just keep getting in her face and she won't be able to do it. I don't know why most ppl assume that she would automatically win just because she has that move.

§P0oONY
Loz and Kadaj aren't from a video game...

Cloud_VII
Guys it doesn't take time to throw a punch. Ayane's not going to destroy the arena by her powerful punch like she did in that video. Also, Ryu's invulnerable while doing karma techniques so that argument is pretty much pointless. Loz can move extremely fast, Ayane can teleport. Hell, she even defeated Omega in Dead or Alive 3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_3. Read the story of Dead or Alive 3 to know what kind of person this is. If Ayane can beat him, then I don't see Loz as very difficult; Loz and Ayane are just about matched in hand to hand combat. Ayane has Karma techniques and Loz has spell Materia. There, so I don't see this going to either person's favor.

As for Ryu and Kadaj, pretty much same as above. Similar fighting skills, katana skills, Karma techniques and Materia spells. Everything seems so balanced right now. That is why I give the ratings,

Kadaj and Loz: 50%

Ryu and Ayane: 50%

Cloud_VII

Kadesh
sry for late reply, so because ayane > omega means she > loz? i dont think so

Ayane and hayabusa are severly overrated

StyleTime
Originally posted by Kadesh
Ayane and hayabusa are severly overrated
That doesn't mean they lose though. Also, there are characters here far more overrated than Ayane or Ryu.

Mesirus
Ahh ok i get you Cloud, 50/50 then.

Any rules on the summoning materia? or the materia at all?

Cloud_VII
No they can use their Materia however they want so they have magic and they can summon Bahamut Zero if they want.

But with the Dark Dragon Blade, Ryu could summon a Black Dragon as shown in this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=K5ejOiAJG8s. Murai is doing it because he has the DDB.

2:44 - 3:47 = Lol

Cloud_VII
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YcnWHEuxnb0

Ryu will be fighting in this costume.

Cloud_VII
Still a tie though.

lightness
i'm pretty sure ayane can keep up with loz's speed. he only moved with that after image because of the gauntlet, not his own skill, and ayane can teleport.

Tifa managed to kick Loz's ass untill he used the gauntlet and surprised her. and i'm pretty sure ayane>tifa at hand to hand.

Mesirus
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
No they can use their Materia however they want so they have magic and they can summon Bahamut Zero if they want.

But with the Dark Dragon Blade, Ryu could summon a Black Dragon as shown in this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=K5ejOiAJG8s. Murai is doing it because he has the DDB.

2:44 - 3:47 = Lol

Was actully thinking of the knights of the round, who are like, immortal.

Kadesh
And what good reason is there to teleport around? It takes a mere few seconds to even concentrate on where you are going to teleport and that would leave her open.

She has to be aware of where she is teleporting, and it takes her a second or two to see where hshe is porting, obviously that would lower her guard wouldnt it?

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Mesirus
Was actully thinking of the knights of the round, who are like, immortal.
The Dark Dragons in the DDB are immortal also, since they are souls of the Dragons and are very powerful.

It's still tied though.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Kadesh
And what good reason is there to teleport around? It takes a mere few seconds to even concentrate on where you are going to teleport and that would leave her open.

She has to be aware of where she is teleporting, and it takes her a second or two to see where hshe is porting, obviously that would lower her guard wouldnt it?
They teleport instantly and they don't take time concentrating on where they're going to teleport.

Fallin Angel
They teleport instantly and they don't take time concentrating on where they're going to teleport.

I thought it did take a few secounds for them to teleport, like doesn't ryu have to do a special hand movement and/or stance to do it?

StyleTime
They only take a while to teleport if it's a long distance. Even then, they have been shown to teleport instantly when they're in a hurry. Their poses seem to just be there to look cool. Ryu's hand signs are to psych out the opponent since he doesn't have to teleport.

Teleporting in battle takes no time at all for any of the ninjas though.

Kadesh

Again it would take them a matter of a split second to look to where they are teleporting, You cant just teleport and end up in some random location can you?

Again if loz can predict where she teleports, he can use that ground strike thing heading the direction to here she is teleporting

Superboy Prime
How will Loz predict where Ayane is going to teleport? He showed no super senses or anything.

Kadesh
I was trying to say a "what if" sry if i didnt specify clearly.

Again what use is teleporting? Everysplit second in a fight counts, Shed have to take a spilt second to see where is she going to port, you cant just teleport at will and appear at some random location can you?

And by seeing where she needs to go, it lets her guard down, leaves her open to attack

Superboy Prime
No idea. No one has teleported to my knowledge, but this are veteran/seasoned & skilled Shinobis so I doubt Ayane will end up bumping into a wall or anything.

Kadesh
Yes but shed still have to look where she is teleporting

Superboy Prime
I find that hard to believe. When Ryu teleports he doesn't look at the place he is going to teleport.

Cloud_VII
Teleportation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Super Speed.

And of course, one has to think about where they're going to teleport, as someone has to think about where they're going to run.

That argument is stupid. Loz has to know where he's going to run right? Just as Ryu and Ayane should know where they're going to appear next.

Loz does not think faster than Ryu and Ayane do.

Cloud_VII
And it's still f****** tied.

Kadesh
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I find that hard to believe. When Ryu teleports he doesn't look at the place he is going to teleport.

And that is because he knows the area

Kadesh

And of course, one has to think about where they're going to teleport, as someone has to think about where they're going to run.
And that would let her guard down to take a second to look whereto teleport right?

That argument is stupid. Loz has to know where he's going to run right? Just as Ryu and Ayane should know where they're going to appear next.

Doesnt change the fact that if ayane attempes to teleport, she would lower her guard

Again if the great ayane was so good at beating up her enemies, why teleport and waste energy in the first place?

Nikkolas
Heihachi could school Loz. Loz has speed advantage but his punches do not equal the damage of being thrown off a cliff, being tossed through a stone wall or the infamous Jack-4 explosion that leveled all of Hon Maru but failed to kill Heihachi.

MadMel
Originally posted by lightness
i'm pretty sure ayane can keep up with loz's speed. he only moved with that after image because of the gauntlet, not his own skill, and ayane can teleport.

Tifa managed to kick Loz's ass untill he used the gauntlet and surprised her. and i'm pretty sure ayane>tifa at hand to hand.
was it the gauntlet that let him do that??...i was sure he could teleport without it??

Superboy Prime
I don't know. For the moment I don't recall watching Loz perform any super speed/teleport stunt after Cloud destroyed the gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.