Struck by Lightening

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
My Dog was struck by Lightening and killed.

So it was lightening that night and we were sitting in the dark in the living room and we heard this big crack of lightening hit behind our house.

The next day we go out and get in the car and we see my dog laying down on the ground.

We get back and notice he hasn't moved.

We go over and he's very still.

We budge him and he's as hard and stiff as a rock.

He's been stuck by lightening.

He was chained to a tree (Not my wanting. My sister was scarred of him so they kept him chained up, which always pissed me off) and the Lightening that struck the tree went through the chain around his neck and electrocuted him.

We buried him.

This happened some years ago.

Now that I think about it, it's very sad.

I miss him.

Although his being chained up prevented me from having a really good relationship with him.

His name was Mighty.

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

Prabhodh
awww... sorry hug

DanZeke25
They had the dog outside all night? face-plain

drewbiefan
Oh i am very sorry! sad That must have been terrible!I almost vried when reading that! How sad!
Rip always!

Noob_Krueger
That was years ago, son. Suck it up and move on.

drewbiefan
What was years ago? messed

Prabhodh
Originally posted by Noob_Krueger

He is your son...? shock

Dusty
Wow. That was a powerful story. No joke.

I'm really sorry.

drewbiefan
That was weird and stupid!

Impediment
Originally posted by drewbiefan
That was weird and stupid!

Why don't you act like a semi-mature individual and show some respect?

drewbiefan
What? Do not look at me! messed I showed respect!!! That person posted a silly comment actually so why don't you? As you obviously did not read i wrote this.
Oh i am very sorry! That must have been terrible!I almost vried when reading that! How sad!
Rip always!
It was not so nice what that person actually said, unless you as an individual takes that members sidemessed

Is that not called respectmessed?

Dusty
Please learn how to quote someone's post.

This is how things get confused.

drewbiefan
I did! Someone wrote "suck it up and move on"
It is not such a nice thing to say when someone loses their dog. Do you not see this messed?Iam sorry if that sounded offensively, but i did not mean it like that, people may need to quote my posts too before assuming i am being nasty/offensive by my wording.

InnerRise
Originally posted by DanZeke25
They had the dog outside all night? face-plain Ha. Well it was an outside dog. They wouldn't never let me keep an animal in the house.

Originally posted by Prabhodh
awww... sorry hug Thanks. happy

Oh i am very sorry! sad That must have been terrible!I almost vried when reading that! How sad!
Rip always! Thank. wink

Originally posted by Noob_Krueger
Umm...I have. I still wanted to post about it. Deal.

What was years ago? messed

Umm....I really don't know....I guess like 3-5 years ago.

Originally posted by Dusty
Wow. That was a powerful story. No joke.

I'm really sorry. Thanks.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

drewbiefan
No problem smile
That is what i was meaning, I lost my guinea pig ages ago, but i still think about him sometimes. Some never forget these things, they were apart of our lives!
hugs!
Just appreciate that some cannot forget, move on.

Kelly_LS
Originally posted by InnerRise

So it was lightening that night and we were sitting in the dark in the living room and we heard this big crack of lightening hit behind our house.

The next day we go out and get in the car and we see my dog laying down on the ground.

He was chained to a tree (Not my wanting. My sister was scarred of him so they kept him chained up, which always pissed me off) and the Lightening that struck the tree went through the chain around his neck and electrocuted him.

We buried him.

I miss him.

Although his being chained up prevented me from having a really good relationship with him.

His name was Mighty.

cry I sowwies. I love animals so much. hug

DanZeke25
Ha. Well it was an outside dog. They wouldn't never let me keep an animal in the house.

Thanks. happy

Thank. wink

Umm...I have. I still wanted to post about it. Deal.

Umm....I really don't know....I guess like 3-5 years ago.

Thanks.

There is no reason at all for a dog to be outside all night. My dog is an outside dog too, but when it is dark, we bring her in. Leaving a dog out all night is just asking for trouble. No offense or anything, but if they leave their pets out all night, they obviously don't know much about taking care of them.

Sanctuary
cry Poor dog. hug

drewbiefan
Hmm I do not think people would leave their dog outside at night, it would be very unfair on the dog as it would be completely scared! I have never done that and especially because my dog would be truly frightened being put outside in the evening.

Kelly_LS
Hmm I do not think people would leave their dog outside at night, it would be very unfair on the dog as it would be completely scared! I have never done that and especially because my dog would be truly frightened being put outside in the evening.
Hmm...Ever think that some dogs are too big or are just made to be outside dogs? She clearly said that her sister was scared of it, so even though it was storming, that's like putting a rat with a snake.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by Kelly_LS
Hmm...Ever think that some dogs are too big or are just made to be outside dogs? She clearly said that her sister was scared of it, so even though it was storming, that's like putting a rat with a snake.

Then you put it in a room that the sister is not in and shut the door. Not that hard.

I mean, I can see it being chained outside, but not all night. When it's time to bring it in, put it in a room and close the door.

drewbiefan
Oh i get what you are saying, however homes would be big enoug for every dog.
Yes you can have outdoor kennels also, but i generally thought this dog was just literally locked out?

InnerRise
cry I sowwies. I love animals so much. hug Thanks.

There is no reason at all for a dog to be outside all night. My dog is an outside dog too, but when it is dark, we bring her in. Leaving a dog out all night is just asking for trouble. No offense or anything, but if they leave their pets out all night, they obviously don't know much about taking care of them. Ok. Let me repeat and clarify.

My mom owns our home....NOT ME. She chooses if I'm able to have an inside pet or not. She choose not to let me. So my dog was an outside dog. Animals of that nature are not allowed in our house. There are such things as dogs that are owned by people who keep them permanently outside and not in their home. There's nothing unusual about it.

Yeah, thanks......but I'm a male. confused

Then you put it in a room that the sister is not in and shut the door. Not that hard.

I mean, I can see it being chained outside, but not all night. When it's time to bring it in, put it in a room and close the door.
There is no "TIME TO BRING IT IN". It was never IN and was never meant to be IN. He was an OUTSIDE dog. He stayed OUTSIDE permanently, all of the time.

He had a DOG HOUSE for Pete's Sake.

Have you ever heard of one of those????

What do you think some people get them for?

Decoration?

No, for dogs outside to have something to sleep in and lay in.

Say it with me...............OUTSIDE...............NOT INSIDE.............repeat.....

See....as simple as that.

Raven Guardia

We buried him.

I miss him.

His name was Mighty.

weep thats so sad weep poor dog sad

Blaxican
Thanks.

Ok. Let me repeat and clarify.

My mom owns our home....NOT ME. She chooses if I'm able to have an inside pet or not. She choose not to let me. So my dog was an outside dog. Animals of that nature are not allowed in our house. There are such things as dogs that are owned by people who keep them permanently outside and not in their home. There's nothing unusual about it.

Yeah, thanks......but I'm a male. confused

There is no "TIME TO BRING IT IN". It was never IN and was never meant to be IN. He was an OUTSIDE dog. He stayed OUTSIDE permanently, all of the time.

He had a DOG HOUSE for Pete's Sake.

Have you ever heard of one of those????

What do you think some people get them for?

Decoration?

No, for dogs outside to have something to sleep in and lay in.

Say it with me...............OUTSIDE...............NOT INSIDE.............repeat.....

See....as simple as that.

Outside............ Not................Inside.

Do I get a metal?

Strangelove
I'm really sorry about your dog and all....but it's spelled lightning.

Sorry embarrasment

kayakat
cry i'm so sorry! losing a pet sucks... cry
hug

InnerRise
Originally posted by Blaxican
Outside............ Not................Inside.

Do I get a metal? If you can find one. erm

Originally posted by Strangelove
I'm really sorry about your dog and all....but it's spelled lightning.

Sorry embarrasment I've actually seen it both ways, so I just chose to spell it that way.

Oh well.

Thanks all the same.

Originally posted by Raven Guardia
weep thats so sad weep poor dog sad Yeah, it is.

Originally posted by kayakat
cry i'm so sorry! losing a pet sucks... cry
hug
Yup, it does.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.