Ironman vs. Ivisible Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hulk10
WHO!

Brian Oswald
sonics ftw.

grey fox
IW 10/10

Scoobless
IM 8/10

grey fox
Originally posted by Scoobless
IM 8/10

laughing

Scoobless
erm

Evangel94
Iron Man takes the majority.

grey fox
Originally posted by Evangel94
Iron Man takes the majority.

laughing laughing

CyberDragon
Iron man wins 9/10

ExtraMision5555
visilbe

grey fox
Originally posted by CyberDragon
Iron man wins 9/10

hysterical

CyberDragon
And the funny part is?

Sam Z
IW turns him into a can.

harri
Originally posted by grey fox
laughing shut up gay fox!

grey fox
Originally posted by harri
shut up gay fox!

Oh hi Harri , how are you ? Brain tumour treating you well ? Or is it terminal stupidity ? They are both similar after all....

Originally posted by Sam Z
IW turns him into a can.

thumb up

xmarksthespot
I vote terminal stupidity.

Invisible Woman ftw.

grey fox
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I vote terminal stupidity.

Invisible Woman ftw.

http://www.asda-greatstuff.co.uk/images/comp-header2.gif

Jyppe
Doesn't extremis ironman have super reflexes and speed? Couldn't he possibly speed blitz IW before she had time to put a shield on?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Jyppe
Doesn't extremis ironman have super reflexes and speed? Couldn't he possibly speed blitz IW before she had time to put a shield on?

Yes, he's much, much faster than IW and could turn her brain to mush before she made a move.

grey fox
Yes, he's much, much faster than IW and could turn her brain to mush before she made a move.

Sure , but then if he's that fast then why is it he got punked by cap after his suit came back on. If he's 'This fast' he should of been able to take out Cap before he even BEGAN to attack.

Doesn't matter though , as IM get's reduced to paste inside his tin-can. Or if sue wanted to be really sadistic she could just place a millimetre thin forcefield in between Tony and the armory before expanding it.

Causing Stark to develop a serious case of 'Death'

Comicbook_kid
Couldn't Ironman just pick up on her heat signiture and blast her even if she's invisible? Also, Ironman would just use his image inducer to make 50 different Ironmen holograms...and when Sue's trying to figure out which is the real Ironman, she's blasted to smithereens.

Also, couldn't Ironman just fly up 10,000 feet, lock on to her using his helmet's infrared vision, and just fire a mini-nuke... Or multiple mini-nukes? Ironman also has stealth armor he could use to make himself invisible to Sue.......

xmarksthespot
Sure , but then if he's that fast then why is it he got punked by cap after his suit came back on. If he's 'This fast' he should of been able to take out Cap before he even BEGAN to attack.

Doesn't matter though , as IM get's reduced to paste inside his tin-can. Or if sue wanted to be really sadistic she could just place a millimetre thin forcefield in between Tony and the armory before expanding it.

Causing Stark to develop a serious case of 'Death' He also wouldn't have been decked by Spider-Man.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Couldn't Ironman just pick up on her heat signiture and blast her? Also, Ironman would just use his image inducer to make 50 different Ironmen...and when Sue trying to figure out which is the real Ironman, she's blasted to smithereens.

Also, couldn't Ironman just fly up 10,000 feet, lock on to her using his helmet's infrared vision, and just fire a mini-nuke... Or multiple mini-nukes? Ironman also has stealth armor he could use to make himself invisible to Sue....... You do realise the Invisible Woman makes forcefields right?

grey fox
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Couldn't Ironman just pick up on her heat signiture and blast her even if she's invisible? Also, Ironman would just use his image inducer to make 50 different Ironmen holograms...and when Sue's trying to figure out which is the real Ironman, she's blasted to smithereens.

Also, couldn't Ironman just fly up 10,000 feet, lock on to her using his helmet's infrared vision, and just fire a mini-nuke... Or multiple mini-nukes? Ironman also has stealth armor he could use to make himself invisible to Sue.......

1000 Starks - Easy , giant ass bubble which closes in on them all . One cube coming right up.

Stark doesn't have Nukes and his 'Stealth' armour only makes him invisible to radar (much like our current cloaking tech)

Scoobless

Causing Stark to develop a serious case of 'Death'

Cap is pretty much superhumanly fast as well ... not to mention Iron Man just wanted to shake hands when Cap resorted to cheap tricks.

In this case he knows he's getting into a fight and acts much faster than IW.

stick out tongue

Stark doesn't have Nukes and his 'Stealth' armour only makes him invisible to radar (much like our current cloaking tech)

Actually it makes him invisible to the eye as well.

smile

grey fox
Cap is pretty much superhumanly fast as well ... not to mention Iron Man just wanted to shake hands when Cap resorted to cheap tricks.

In this case he knows he's getting into a fight and acts much faster than IW.

stick out tongue

Actually it makes him invisible to the eye as well.

smile

...and end up hitting a shield.

Scoobless
...and end up hitting a shield.

With ultra-sonics that go straight through the shield and turn her brain to mush.

grey fox
With ultra-sonics that go straight through the shield and turn her brain to mush.

...but before that his brain is reduced to goop.

Scoobless
...but before that his brain is reduced to goop.

...but, since he is so much faster than her, that wont happen.

jacobo0o
im speed blitz

Tony Stark
confused

IM does have a force field too btw which has stopped nukes... Tony knows that neither Cap nor Spidey can truly hurt him with anything they can do so why not let them hurt their hands on his armor.

And EXTREMEIS IM is going to take IW 10/10.

Pre-EXTREMIS IM beats IW 8/10.

Comicbook_kid

Regarding Stark's latest version of his stealth armor.....The entire outer surface of the armor is coated with a glass-like finish and equipped with an array of holographic-image projectors which create a seamless image of the surrounding area onto the armor's surface, creating the illusion of invisibility with incredible ability. The image projectors are effective across the entire electromagnetic spectrum, rendering the armor invisible to visible light, infra-red, and ultraviolet sensors.

Evangel94
Extremis Iron Man reaction time and speed are on superhuman levels now. He reacts way faster than the human body alone. Sonic disruption to Sue Richards will take her out.

H. S. 6
Iron Man takes this one. He's too versatile for Sue to handle, I think, and that's not to mention his reflexes, which are much faster than hers.

Also, please show me where Invisible Woman has literally crushed someone in a fight, or "turned their brains to mush." I'd really like to see it. confused

Rewmac
Does Iron Man get prep??? OR beter...I'm sure Tony got some kind of armor in his closet against the FF...I mean he knows them enough that he might have made one already...big grin

But if he was drunk when he made it maybe he messed it up and the armor will kill Tony himself shifty

Darth Vegas
IIRC, those showings against Cap and Spider-Man are pre-Extremis.

And has IW ever turned someone's brain into goop or reduced anyone to "paste"? Issues or scans?

IM wins 9/10.

xmarksthespot
Spider-Man decked Iron Man recently.

Evangel94

huh

That was random...

What does that have to do with anything in this thread?

Darth Vegas

And Iron Man clocked Spider-Man as well.

Your point being?

Innerhype

Really, despite appearances, thats pre-extremis Iron Man

thedude1948
This is really a non fight, Iron man uses sonics to shut down Sue's brain before she realizes what is going on.

Originally posted by Innerhype

um... can you explain how it wasn't Extremis Iron Man?

Muck101
Allright fanboy(Grey fox). No way in hell does IW win. Im sorry. Not happening. IM 10/10. Think those forcefield pushes'll do anything to Tony? Nu uh. Besides, Tony stark would probably booze her up and womanize her. big grin

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Innerhype

No it was Extremis Iron Man as it just happened in Civil War

Muck101
More likely, IM would show up as Stark, try to seduce Sue Storm, then piss off Reed. What this boils down to is a fight over the girl between Mister Fantastic and Iron Man. In which case, IM all the way.

Muck101
I submit to you another much cooler fight scenario. Iron man, Vs. Dr Doom. (I have no idea how to make the thread myself, so if someone else would take pitty on a lazy fat guy and make it themselves, that would be GREAT)

Brian Oswald
huh

That was random...

What does that have to do with anything in this thread? because Iron Man should have seen it coming with his superhuman reflexes

thedude1948
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
because Iron Man should have seen it coming with his superhuman reflexes
First, Iron Man wasn't going all out, and second Spider-Man has superhuman reflexes also.

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by thedude1948
First, Iron Man wasn't going all out, and second Spider-Man has superhuman reflexes also. I was not agreeing with the statement, i was just letting Evangel94 know how it was 'relevant' erm

Evangel94
I was not agreeing with the statement, i was just letting Evangel94 know how it was 'relevant' erm

How can you say it's relevant when you yourself don't even agree with what was said. You can't tie in the spiderman case when you don't even agree with it in the first place.

Either you agree with it and it's relevant to the thread. Or you disagree with the statement and therefore it's not related to the thread.

King_Mungi
He was making a comment about why X made the initial comment as a few people said it was out of the blue

Brian Oswald
How can you say it's relevant when you yourself don't even agree with what was said.

Either you agree with it and it's relevant to the thread. Or you disagree with the statement and therefore it's not related to the thread. notice the ' ' around relevant no expression

xmarksthespot
If Spider-Man has time to swing his arm and knock Stark through a wall before he can react, Sue should have time to form a thought and therefore create a forcefield, depending on the distance between them.

Brian Oswald
a forcefield wont save her from a sonic blast

xmarksthespot
Sound is essentially mechanical (kinetic) energy moving through a medium. erm

Brian Oswald
but she can hear things through it and a sonic blast is really loud. it should work

Grimm22
a forcefield wont save her from a sonic blast

Like her force fields haven't blocked attacks from Klaw before, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmarksthespot
And people can talk in the vacuum of space in comics, and explosions go boom...

thedude1948
So Sue now has superhuman reaction speed?

Evangel94
If Spider-Man has time to swing his arm and knock Stark through a wall before he can react

How do you know that Iron Man didn't see the punch coming beforehand and just chose not to react? He was, after all, trying to talk to Peter down and trying to resolve it without using force.

It was more likely Iron Man let Spider-man throw the first punch and let Peter draw the proverbial "first blood" which gave Iron Man the complete justification he needed to open fire on Spider Man.

If actually Iron Man wanted Spider Man dead, he'd be dead. Same with Sue.

xmarksthespot
So Sue now has superhuman reaction speed? Originally posted by xmarksthespot
depending on the distance between them. Originally posted by Evangel94
How do you know that Iron Man didn't see the punch coming beforehand and just chose not to react? He was, after all, trying to talk to Peter down and trying to resolve it without using force.

It was more likely Iron Man let Spider-man throw the first punch and let Peter draw the proverbial "first blood" which gave Iron Man the complete justification he needed to open fire on Spider Man. That's all very nice. But all very speculative.

Evangel94
That's all very nice. But all very speculative.

It's not complete speculation. He has an entire history of being manipulative to get what he wants. That history gives what I said more substance and foothold towards fact rather than speculation.

thedude1948

And this isn't? roll eyes (sarcastic)

If Spider-Man has time to swing his arm and knock Stark through a wall before he can react, Sue should have time to form a thought and therefore create a forcefield, depending on the distance between them.

The only way Sue has a chance is if she can react before Tony can, and that isn't going to happen....

xmarksthespot
And this isn't? roll eyes (sarcastic)

The only way Sue has a chance is if she can react before Tony can, and that isn't going to happen.... It's presumptive in that I don't know the length of time that occurred, and am assuming it sufficient for Sue to erect a forcefield; with the additional qualifier of depending upon the distance between them. How long does it take for Sue to erect a forcefield mayhaps you'd like to inform?

It's not speculative in the sense that I'm trying to assign to characters unfounded motivations for what writers and artists have written and drawn.

Apples and oranges. But thank you for playing.

Evangel94
It's presumptive in that I don't know the length of time that occurred, and am assuming it sufficient for Sue to erect a forcefield; with the additional qualifier of depending upon the distance between them. How long does it take for Sue to erect a forcefield mayhaps you'd like to inform?

It's not speculative in the sense that I'm trying to assign to characters unfounded motivations for what writers and artists have written and drawn.

Apples and oranges. But thank you for playing.

Now you're just getting desperate. erm

Switching your syntax and vocabulary from earlier terms such as "decked" to more complicated and needlessly unnecessary terms such "additional qualifier" is not helping your argument.

Sue is not going to react fast enough to stop Extremis Iron Man. Even *if* we take into consideration the fact that Spider-Man managed to unexpectedly punch Iron Man, there's an entire new volume of Iron Man comics that say otherwise.

xmarksthespot
Now your just getting desperate.

Switching your syntax and vocabulary from earlier terms such as "decked" to more complicated and needlessly unnecessary terms such "additional qualifier" is not helping your argument.

Sue is not going to react fast enough to stop Extremis Iron Man. Even *if* we take into consideration the fact that Spider-Man managed to unexpectedly punch Iron Man, there's an entire new volume of Iron Man comics that say otherwise. The additional qualifier is with regard to whether or not Sue can erect a forcefield, not with regard to Spider-Man decking Iron Man. How you somehow came to the conclusion that "additional qualifier" was a substitute for "decked" I have no idea.

She should be able to catch a falling ruler in something along the lines of 0.15 s, assuming Sue is in or below the lower quartile of humans considering she's a superhero, this involves the thought in the motor cortex, the transmission of efferent motor information to the arm/fingers, and the movement of the muscles to catch the object. The latter two contributing a relatively substantial proportion of the time taken.

For Sue to erect a forcefield the latter motor actions are unnecessary. Sue erects forcefields by thought.

If Iron Man moves at say Mach 8. At a distance of 50 m he'd hit her before she could erect a forcefield, if it was 200 she should be able to erect a forcefield first. Between that it's iffy.

Brian Oswald
even if she could create a forcefield before he hit her, would they really be able to stand up to his assault? they are kind of inconsistent.

Draco69
I give 5/5 depending on the distance. Iron Man's not a true speedblitzer like Flash or Superman. He's very fast though.

Sonics aren't going to work. Especially since she's faced Klaw numerous times.

If Tony manages to tag her before she can erect a field than he wins. If he doesn't than he's in big trouble.

"Did you know I can turn your optic nerves invisible?

grey fox
Originally posted by Muck101
Allright fanboy(Grey fox). No way in hell does IW win. Im sorry. Not happening. IM 10/10. Think those forcefield pushes'll do anything to Tony? Nu uh. Besides, Tony stark would probably booze her up and womanize her. big grin

Hey N00blar , learn some facts before you opinion your idiot hole. IW can crush Tony like a can and can cause his brain to turn to goo. When you start racking up some posts then you can play with the big boys , now shoo.

perhaps I was overzealous on the 10/10 . Mable a 7/10...

MightyEInherjar
Isn't IW using her forcefields to crush people into paste the same as Superman keeping his heat-vision focused on someone an entire fight? As in it doesn't ever happen?

Darth Vegas

As is IW turning someone's brain into goop or reducing someone to "paste" as somebody stated earlier.

Anyways, Civil War Iron Man does not have Extremis, if i'm not mistaken.

xmarksthespot
So then they decided the pro-reg/anti-reg thing and split the Avenger into the Mighty Avengers and the New Avengers, but only in Invincible Iron Man and all before the Extremis arc in Iron Man? AFAIK it is Extremis.

Galan007
IW ftw

grey fox
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
As is IW turning someone's brain into goop or reducing someone to "paste" as somebody stated earlier.

Anyways, Civil War Iron Man does not have Extremis, if i'm not mistaken.

laughing

DO you even KNOW what her powers are , lol.

Speculation is where some idiot thinks Spidey is a gravity manipulator simply because someone once made a statement that his 'Sticking' ability may be due to a minor gravity flux.

What I've been stating is a simple offensive usage for her powers , which BTW she's done before.

Darth Vegas

What I've been stating is a simple offensive usage for her powers , which BTW she's done before.

So you're saying that she's actually turned somebody's brain into goop and reduced somebody into paste?

That's interesting. Care to post a scan or name the issue?

Evangel94
Iron Man has already beat Sue before, so this debate should be a non-issue.

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Draco69
I give 5/5 depending on the distance. Iron Man's not a true speedblitzer like Flash or Superman. He's very fast though.

Sonics aren't going to work. Especially since she's faced Klaw numerous times.

If Tony manages to tag her before she can erect a field than he wins. If he doesn't than he's in big trouble.

"Did you know I can turn your optic nerves invisible? I'd like to see the scan of her turning someone's optic nerve invisible, because im sure she had to concentrate to perfrom a feat like that. even if she only concentrates for a secound, she's dead.

xmarksthespot
Iron Man has already beat Sue before, so this debate should be a non-issue. Just like how Iron Man "beating" WW and Kyle Rayner in JLA/Avengers makes that debate a non-issue, huh?

King_Mungi
I'd like to see the scan of her turning someone's optic nerve invisible, because im sure she had to concentrate to perfrom a feat like that. even if she only concentrates for a secound, she's dead.

Ultimate Invisible Woman did it to hundred of heroes and villians in the Zombie universe. She is definetly capable of doing something to that affect. I believe 616 Invisible Woman has done similar things, but not to that extreme.

Sparkz
I'd like to see the scan of her turning someone's optic nerve invisible, because im sure she had to concentrate to perfrom a feat like that. even if she only concentrates for a secound, she's dead.

In "Enemy of the Stae" She put a force field in Wolverines stomach then turned his optic nerves invisible, with no effort at all.

Evangel94
End of discussion and debate.

They've fought before. She tried to use her forcefields on Iron Man but Iron Man's repulsor rays shatter Invisible Woman's forcefield and scatter the atoms into "nothingness".

http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/7568/05jq5.th.jpg

Sparkz
End of discussion.

They've fought before. She tried to use her forcefields on Iron Man but Iron Man's repulsor rays shatter Invisible Woman's forcefields.

She dosn't have to conatin him though, just put a forcefield inside his body and expand or compress whatever she does is gonna hurt like hell and or kill.

grey fox
End of discussion and debate.

They've fought before. She tried to use her forcefields on Iron Man but Iron Man's repulsor rays shatter Invisible Woman's forcefield and scatter the atoms into "nothingness".

....lol

Restraining someone is a little different then causing their insides to go boom. Not only that but that was in the Golden age for the love of god. Stupid shit happened EVERY issue. Sue was also the common deus ex machinma for it all , she's MADE to look like a DID.

xmarksthespot
I'm assuming that's the Invisible Girl, emphasis on the Girl, i.e. before Byrne made her actually useful...

Jamie Maddrox beat up the Thing, and Spider-Man beat the entire FF... etc.

grey fox

. Stupid shit happened EVERY issue.

Evangel94
....lol

Restraining someone is a little different then causing their insides to go boom. Not only that but that was in the Golden age for the love of god. Stupid shit happened EVERY issue. Sue was also the common deus ex machinma for it all , she's MADE to look like a DID.

Ah yes someone trying to dismiss it....just because it's old doesn't mean it's wrong. That's a logical fallacy.

Canon is canon whether you like it or not. Now you're just getting desperate now and trying to label this as "PIS".

Sue hates killing. Creating a bubble inside someone's body is not her normal form of attack... esp. against other heroes!

Sparkz
I'm assuming that's the Invisible Girl, emphasis on the Girl, i.e. before Byrne made her actually useful...

is that where Spidey fought a possessed FF? Where he didn't actualy beat them, and would have lost if they hadnt regained controll of themselfs, he just used his reflexes to stay ahead of them all and stun them for a time, untill Thing nearly crushed him.

If it was that wasn't that far fetched if you take out Johnny's nova and sue putting bubbles in peoples bodies.

grey fox
Ah yes someone trying to dismiss it....just because it's old doesn't mean it's wrong. That's a logical fallacy.

Canon is canon whether you like it or not. Now you're just getting desperate now and trying to label this as "PIS".

Sue hates killing. Creating a bubble inside someone's body is not her normal form of attack... esp. against other heroes!

You call me desperate yet your so stupid you can't read the rules.

xmarksthespot
1) Learn what a logical fallacy actually is.

2) The scan is outdated. Sue's forcefields aren't composed of atoms, they are formed from hyperspace energy.

Evangel94

To add-on

1. Iron Man reacts faster than Sue.

2. Iron Man is stronger than Sue.

3. Iron Man can break Sue's forcefields.

4. Iron Man can take her out either through sonics or brute repulsor-ray force.

Iron Man outclasses her in every category that's been discussed. What's left to debate?

The only thing that's still being discussed is Sue's bubble inside the body attack, which is debatable if that will work through Tony's armor. But regardless of that single form of attack..

People gotta give Iron Man the majority out of 10 here. I'm not saying Sue couldn't pull a win, but Iron Man should take the majority. I don't know what else to show everyone to support this.

xmarksthespot
1. Yes. And depending on the distance between them that may or may not be fast enough.
2. So?
3. No.
4. No.

Evangel94
1. Yes. And depending on the distance between them that may or may not be fast enough.
2. So?
3. No.
4. No.

I just showed you a scan of him breaking her forcefield! How is number three a no?

xmarksthespot
The scan is outdated. Sue's forcefields aren't composed of atoms, they are formed from hyperspace energy.

Brian Oswald
im gonna go with Sue 7-8/10 smile

Evangel94
1) Learn what a logical fallacy actually is.

You're saying that because the scan is old, that it no longer applies, and yet you have no evidence to prove it. That is a logical fallacy.

2) The scan is outdated. Sue's forcefields aren't composed of atoms, they are formed from hyperspace energy.

Regardless of what their made of, they still SHATTERED before Iron Man's repulsor rays. Canon reference.

You provide no proof to substantiate any claim you make. So unless you can refute my scan with a newer scan of Sue's forcefield stopping Iron Man's weapons, the scan still applies.

Sparkz
Well look at it this way that was an old comic, IW fields have gotten stronger, but have we all forgotten that IM has gotten stronger to? It may be possible that he can still break through, besides Thing hit her fields and she got feedback and lost concentration, IM could do the same.

Brian Oswald
You're saying that because the scan is old, that it no longer applies, and yet you have no evidence to prove it. That is a logical fallacy.

Regardless of what their made of, they still SHATTERED before Iron Man's repulsor rays. Canon reference.

You provide no proof to substantiate any claim you make. So unless you can refute my scan with a newer scan of Sue's forcefield stopping Iron Man's weapons, the scan still applies. Well Ironman's repulsor rays wont shatter her forcefields when they are in his brain yes

xmarksthespot

You provide no proof to substantiate any claim you make. So unless you can refute my scan with a newer scan of Sue's forcefield stopping Iron Man's weapons, the scan still applies. No see, a logical fallacy is what you're doing. Creating a straw man.

The scan being old in itself is not what invalidates it. The scan being outdated, as since then IG has become IW, and her powers have been reinterpreted, is what invalidates it.

Sparkz
Well Ironman's repulsor rays wont shatter her forcefields when they are in his brain yes

Depends if he aims for his face smile

Evangel94
No see, a logical fallacy is what you're doing. Creating a straw man.

The scan being old in itself is not what invalidates it. The scan being outdated, as since then IG has become IW, and her powers have been reinterpreted, is what invalidates it.

Creating a straw man? Wtf? What did you do? Type up "logical fallacy" in google to quickly see what could could get?

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html

oh god! laughing

I was right. laughing out loud I actually gave you credit for knowing what logical fallacy was earlier, but no more!

I'll take one from that website too! You're (*deep voice*) "poisoning the well".
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/poisoning-the-well.html

This sort of "reasoning" involves trying to discredit what a person (or in this case a scan) by presenting unfavorable information (be it true or false) about the scan.

Here's a little puppet show for you just like the link.

Evangel94: "Here's Iron Man breaking IW's forcefield!"
xmarksthespot: "That scan is old! It doesn't apply! She's been reinterpretated! She's a woman now!"
Evangel94: "Have any new evidence or scans from the new interpretation that refutes it?"
xmarksthespot: "No......but It's old!"

laughing

Ok Ok In all seriousness....

Although Invisible "Girl" has become an Invisible "Woman" (que the Barry White song laughing out loud )

The scan is still canon because Iron Man himself has also grown exponentially in strength as well and it is still possible that he could break IW's shield. There hasn't been anything new from the reinterpretation of IW to refute this explicitly.

xmarksthespot
Uh no, cupcake. I already knew what a straw man was. But I'm assuming that's what you did to find those links that don't actually go anywhere. How ironic.

The scan is canon, the events that transpire in it are invalid, because of aforementioned reasons.

It's not a metaphorical thing, her character name was actually changed from the Invisible Girl to the Invisible Woman after John Byrne made her into the most powerful member of the FF.

Iron Man isn't breaking the atoms of her forcefield, because there are no atoms to break. Hysterical (N.B. not in the funny sense) antics don't change that.

Evangel94
Uh no, cupcake. I already knew what a straw man was. But I'm assuming that's what you did to find those links that don't actually go anywhere. How ironic.

The scan is canon, the events that transpire in it are invalid, because of aforementioned reasons.

Iron Man isn't breaking the atoms of her forcefield, because there are no atoms to break.

So now we're onto cakes now? Well OK, pancake.

Scan > Your opinion.

Scan says atoms. I'm going to by what the scan says.

You are free to disagree if you can find a scan stating "hyperspace energy" is part of Sue's shield and not atoms. But a word of advice, don't try to reference wikipedia or any other "prestigious" site that can be user edited for content.

We need real proof! It's either scans to prove me wrong or no go.

outavodka
So now we're onto cakes now? Well ok, pancake.

Scan > Your opinion.

You are free to disagree if you can find a scan stating "hyperspace energy" is part of Sue's shield and not atoms. But a word of advice, don't try to reference wikipedia.

We need real proof! It's either scans to prove me wrong or no go. laughing laughing laughing pancake laughing laughing laughing

thedude1948
2. So?
3. No.
4. No.

Can you explain how even though Iron Man can react faster than Invisible Woman, but somehow can't affect her with sonics or repulsor rays? He can do either with just a thought, Invisible Woman needs to think to form a forcefield so.....

xmarksthespot
So now we're onto cakes now? Well OK, pancake.

Scan > Your opinion.

You are free to disagree if you can find a scan stating "hyperspace energy" is part of Sue's shield and not atoms. But a word of advice, don't try to reference wikipedia or any other prestigious site that can be edited for content.

We need real proof! It's either scans to prove me wrong or no go.

http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/7568/05jq5.th.jpg Who is 'we'?

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6885/untitled1bu7.th.jpg

Darth Vegas
Stupid shit happened EVERY issue.

Like IW turning someone's optic nerves invisible? Or placing a forcefield in somebody's stomach with absolutely no effort at all?

So basically we can classify the above feats as PIS.

That being said, Iron Man wins 9/10.

xmarksthespot
Can you explain how even though Iron Man can react faster than Invisible Woman, but somehow can't affect her with sonics or repulsor rays? He can do either with just a thought, Invisible Woman needs to think to form a forcefield so..... That would of course assume that the very first thing Iron Man does in every single battle is aim and fire repulsor rays or sonics (which would still have to travel a distance anyway) at her, and that the time taken for these to travel is insufficient for her to erect a forcefield. Which is a relatively big assumption.

Assuming IW first thing to do would be to erect a forcefield isn't really.

How fast are the repulsors or sonics may I ask?

Evangel94
Who is 'we'?

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6885/untitled1bu7.th.jpg

What the f**k?

You're actually quoting the Marvel Handbook? That's desperate erm. What happened to actual "comic" scans. What next? Are you going to be using text from back of collectors cards from the "Marvel Card Game" to decide whose better? Comic scans is what matters here.

And besides, it says she mentally generates a psionic field of "invisible force" drawn from hyperspace. It doesn't say her fields are made of "hyperspace energy" as you put it.

Brian Oswald
That would of course assume that the very first thing Iron Man does in every single battle is aim and fire repulsor rays or sonics (which would still have to travel a distance anyway) at her, and that the time taken for these to travel is insufficient for her to erect a forcefield. Which is a relatively big assumption.

Assuming IW first thing to do would be to erect a forcefield isn't really.

How fast are the repulsors or sonics may I ask? also, IM suit does not work instantly. Im not saying that it takes a substancial amount of time for him to fire something but when we are counting secounds this is something to take into consideration.

thedude1948
Speed of Light and Speed of Sound respectively, aim might be a problem with his rays, but if Iron Man is facing Invisible Woman, the unibeams from his chest are going to hit her.

Darth Vegas

The speed of light and sound I would assume.

With IW creating forcefields, etc., at the speed of thought, isn't there an additional amount of time added as well to travel the distance of Iron Man?

Darth Vegas
also, IM suit does not work instantly. Im not saying that it takes a substancial amount of time for him to fire something but when we are counting secounds this is something to take into consideration.

With the extremis virus, the armor's reaction time to Tony is instantaneous with his thought.

Brian Oswald
With the extremis virus, the armor's reaction time to Tony is instantaneous with his thought. his suit does not charge to fire a blast at all?

Darth Vegas
his suit does not charge to fire a blast at all?

http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img009gg4.jpg
http://img453.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img010ac6.jpg

Evangel94
also, IM suit does not work instantly. Im not saying that it takes a substancial amount of time for him to fire something but when we are counting secounds this is something to take into consideration.

Iron Man and his armor react in milliseconds flat now.

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6462/im07010lx5.th.jpg

1. By the time Crymson Dynamo starts his sentence Iron Man has adjusted to the explosion in 0.004 milliseconds.

2. "It appears you have underestimated ..."
On the word "have" Iron Man has charged an magnetic pulse bolt into his arm in 0.002 milliseconds

3. Iron Man then nails him with the equivalent of a solid steel ball traveling 3,500 feet per second after waiting a total 1.043 seconds to let Crymson Dynamo finish his sentence:

"It appears you have underestimated me Iron Man."

Iron Man isn't exactly slow. He reacts is milliseconds now and even had spare time to give to Dynamo to finish his sentences before nailing him and uppercutting him through the reinforced bank vault and through the cement street.

Evangel94
...Which sends him flying through the bank vault, through he cement street and pavement, high into the air, and slamming him into a construction support beam!

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6075/im07011vq8.th.jpg

That's alot power he put into just one arm in 0.002 milliseconds flat.

Brian Oswald
:shrug:

xmarksthespot
In the time it takes someone to say "It appears you have" IW can't put up a forcefield?
What the f**k?

You're actually quoting the Marvel Handbook? That's desperate erm. What happened to actual "comic" scans. What next? Are you going to be using text from back of collectors cards from the "Marvel Card Game" to decide whose better? Comic scans is what matters here.

And besides, it says she mentally generates a psionic field of "invisible force" drawn from hyperspace. It doesn't say her fields are made of "hyperspace energy" as you put it. Oh, silly me, using a Marvel source from 2004 that explains her powers as they are today. Instead let's use a really outdated scan from who knows when. no expression

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5213/sue20201gr9.th.jpg
Psionic energy manipulation. Either way they're composed of hyperspace force or energy not made of atoms.
The speed of light and sound I would assume.

With IW creating forcefields, etc., at the speed of thought, isn't there an additional amount of time added as well to travel the distance of Iron Man? Why would a defensive forcefield need to travel a distance to Iron Man?

Darth Vegas
In the time it takes someone to say "It appears you have" IW can't put up a forcefield?

Umm, he did, hence the armor making an adjustment and Tony being none the worse for wear after the explosions. What other adjustment could there have been?

Why would a defensive forcefield need to travel a distance to Iron Man?

I wasn't referring to a defensive forcefield. I was more along the lines of creating bubbles, making optic nerves invisible and such.

xmarksthespot
Umm, he did, hence the armor making an adjustment and Tony being none the worse for wear after the explosions. What other adjustment could there have been?What are you talking about? Read again. IW not IM.

Darth Vegas
My mistake.

LordFear

You know what's funny?
When you show concrete evidence and people still try to argue a moot point.
My god, she posted the scan proving that IM bested Sue, but people still sticks with the bubble in your insides argument. How many times has Sue done it? It is not something conducive to the character anyway.

King_Mungi
Hardly concrete evidence as her sheilds as stated are not constructed that way anymore. Just like how Cyclops optic blasts have changed over the years, they don't have the same origins.

Evangel94

On the word "have" Iron Man has charged an magnetic pulse bolt into his arm in 0.002 milliseconds. As in, Once Crymson Dynamo started speaking the word "have", Iron man supercharged his arm in 0.002 milliseconds. A human can't obviousely say "have" in 0.002 seconds.

Man you really reaching erm. The scan is right in front of you and I have to teach grammar lessons. tsk tsk. Shameful.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5213/sue20201gr9.th.jpg
Psionic energy manipulation. Either way they're composed of hyperspace force or energy not made of atoms.

Your first marvel book scan even says she mentally generates a psionic field of "invisible force" drawn from hyperspace. It doesn't say her fields are made of "hyperspace energy" as you put it.

Your second scan mentions psionic manipulation, but no where in that entire 2nd scan does it even mention to the word "hyperspace".

SO you have one scan that contractdicts the other. If we go by your standards and use the 2004 Marvel Handbook , which you so gladly pointed out was newer than my scan, it definitely overrides anything your 2nd "dated" scan mentions.

Nice try. You can't use both since one is newer than the other.

LordFear
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Hardly concrete evidence as her sheilds as stated are not constructed that way anymore. Just like how Cyclops optic blasts have changed over the years, they don't have the same origins.

jESUS Christ man. THIS IS A MARVEL COMIX. do you know how stupid what you are saying sounds?
How more freaking specific can this be for you? This is straight from the horse's mouth and you are disputing it?
C'mon sometimes arguing something pointless denotes more stupidity than just gracefully shutting your mouth. I think you are proving the former point

King_Mungi
Originally posted by LordFear
jESUS Christ man. THIS IS A MARVEL COMIX. do you know how stupid what you are saying sounds?
How more freaking specific can this be for you? This is straight from the horse's mouth and you are disputing it?
C'mon sometimes arguing something pointless denotes more stupidity than just gracefully shutting your mouth. I think you are proving the former point

Wow thanks for reminding me Captain Wow this is like comparing current Spider-Man to his first apperances, it's not the same. Not hard to grasp at all, everyone has gotten an upgrade and the fact as I noted her origins of her invisible constructs have changed just like how various other characters powers have changed over the years. It's like using Superman's first apperance as a guage as how he acts and his powers are for the rest of his career. Do you know what powers Superman had in his first apperance?

What If...
Evangel94 you really aren't getting it, are you?

That scan is before a power upgrade. Invisible Girl (in the scan) is not the same character base we are using in this match up.

We aren't comparing current IW to original IM, are we?

Someone is bitter thier tourney failed.

King_Mungi
Wait I minute, I remember you Lordfear you believe Iron Man could beat Supergirl....ha!

Originally posted by What If...
That scan is before a power upgrade. Invisible Girl (in the scan) is not the same character base we are using in this match up.

Exactally what I was saying.

LordFear
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Wait I minute, I remember you Lordfear you believe Iron Man could beat Supergirl....ha!

Yeah and reading your posts in this thread. I offered more valid arguments than you. You know you should be a good politician, you have a great way of deflecting the current issue being debated

King_Mungi
Yeah and reading your posts in this thread. I offered more valid arguments than you. You know you should be a good politician, you have a great way of deflecting the current issue being debated

haha no you didn't, notice everyone except you and Ev were on Iron Man's side. Delusions, simple delusions. Right, and didn't you basically just ignore my above post? haha. Captain Wow indeed

Evangel94
Evangel94 you really aren't getting it, are you?

Who are you? You're not even involved in this debate.

We're debating the composition of Sue Richard's forcefield.

Xmarksthespot posts scans and takes a consistant stand. Who exactly are you? A bandwagon jumper? Let the grown-ups handle their business while you can run off.

Someone is bitter thier tourney failed.

Look at the top of the page pancake. Do you see two tournament threads with "EVANGEL94" in the title going on right now? In fact I don't even see your name anywhere or even in any of the tournaments going on right now.

In fact, you're not even fit to vote publicly in my tournament. Talk to me when you rack up a couple hundred more posts.

How does it feel? Must feel pretty bad knowing your Spider-Woman Respect thread failed.

LordFear
why are we discussing IW's power source? I mean when it comes down to it, she is more of defensive character rather than offensive. This is how she is most oftenly portrayed. Unless if her powers are cosmic who the hell cares?

King_Mungi
why are we discussing IW's power source? I mean when it comes down to it, she is more of defensive character rather than offensive. This is how she is most oftenly portrayed. Unless if her powers are cosmic who the hell cares?

Are you reading the debate? Invisible Woman's shields are vastly stronger, more durable and she is far more skilled when she first gained the ability to make constructs. As I mentioned before, Cyclops blasts were just concussive blasts stored energy from the sun and released. However, today he taps into an unlimited amount of energy from a unspecified dimension and his eyes are the gateway. Huge difference. Where you get your power from can greatly alter you, as it did Spider-Man when he discovered about the magical totems.

What If...
I participate in any thread I want, thanks sweety.

Yes, I see your 200 posts (1/3 your own) compared to Batdudes 1.300. I can name 5 Wolverine versus threads with more action. Really, hun, it failed.

I've been here years before you, get your facts straight and continue to be the annoyance we all know and hate you as.
And really - next time you throw a tourney please don't flood my inbox with details of it, really, it failed...let it go.

Hardly.
I posted, what, 8 scans?....I would hardly call it a respect thread rather than something I thought would be fun to do but it became feckless.

Evangel94

Nice "ninja" edit you did there.

You must have really low standards considering I only sent you 1 single invitation. That's hardly "flooding".

Now either debate the topic of this thread or stop derailing the thread.

What If...
oh noez. I edited my post?

Really Evangel, you need to stop spamming this thread and taking it off-topic.

xmarksthespot
On the word "have" Iron Man has charged an magnetic pulse bolt into his arm in 0.002 milliseconds. As in, Once Crymson Dynamo started speaking the word "have", Iron man supercharged his arm in 0.002 milliseconds. A human can't obviousely say "have" in 0.002 seconds.

Man you really reaching erm. The scan is right in front of you and I have to teach grammar lessons. tsk tsk. Shameful.By the time someone says "It appears you have" IW can put up a forcefield. Irony of your attempted pejorative coupled with your failure to comprehend a relatively simple point.
Your first marvel book scan even says she mentally generates a psionic field of "invisible force" drawn from hyperspace. It doesn't say her fields are made of "hyperspace energy" as you put it.

Your second scan mentions psionic manipulation, but no where in that entire 2nd scan does it even mention to the word "hyperspace".

SO you have one scan that contractdicts the other. If we go by your standards and use the 2004 Marvel Handbook , which you so gladly pointed out was newer than my scan, it definitely overrides anything your 2nd "dated" scan mentions.

Nice try. You can't use both since one is newer than the other. Nowhere in either does it say she makes barriers from matter.

grey fox
Who are you? You're not even involved in this debate.

We're debating the composition of Sue Richard's forcefield.

Xmarksthespot posts scans and takes a consistant stand. Who exactly are you? A bandwagon jumper? Let the grown-ups handle their business while you can run off.

Look at the top of the page pancake. Do you see two tournament threads with "EVANGEL94" in the title going on right now? In fact I don't even see your name anywhere or even in any of the tournaments going on right now.

In fact, you're not even fit to vote publicly in my tournament. Talk to me when you rack up a couple hundred more posts.

How does it feel? Must feel pretty bad knowing your Spider-Woman Respect thread failed.

...and reported for being a pretentious stuck up b*tch.

Trolt
u can't have only one pretentious stuck up ***** in an argument.

Just drop it.

grey fox
Originally posted by Trolt
u can't have only one pretentious stuck up ***** in an argument.

Just drop it.

You make no sense. Also unless I see the words MOD under your name then your not one to be spouting orders.

willRules
You make no sense. Also unless I see the words MOD under your name then your not one to be spouting orders.

There are ministry of defence members on these forums? stick out tongue

grey fox
Originally posted by willRules
There are ministry of defence members on these forums? stick out tongue

Yup , they threaten to nuke your home if you sock....

Darth Vegas
Ah, name-calling.

The last recourse for the desperate.

Evangel94
What the f**k?

Did he mean "suck" instead of "sock"?

grey fox
What the f**k?

Did he mean "suck" instead of "sock"?

Aren't we the intelligent one aye pumpkin. wink

No , I meant sock , as in utilise a separate account after your original one has been deleted.

xmarksthespot
Ah, name-calling.

The last recourse for the desperate. Your comment is rather ironic.

Darth Vegas
Your comment is rather ironic.

Please explain the irony that you apparently see.

invisiblewoman
iw ftw

xmarksthespot
Please explain the irony that you apparently see. Deriding pejoratives, while subsequently/simultaneously using an ad hominem pejorative. Thus irony.

Darth Vegas
Deriding pejoratives, while subsequently/simultaneously using an ad hominem pejorative. Thus irony.

Wonderful. Did you discover this when you looked up the term, "logical fallacy"?

Odd. I don't recall calling somebody a name.

I stand by my statement. There's no room for name-calling or calling somebody a stuck-up, pretentious b---- just because somebody disagrees with someone. It reeks of frustration and even more of desperation.

xmarksthespot
Wonderful. Did you discover this when you looked up the term, "logical fallacy"?No. Did you?
Odd. I don't recall calling somebody a name.

I stand by my statement. There's no room for name-calling or calling somebody a stuck-up, pretentious b---- just because somebody disagrees with someone. It reeks of frustration and even more of desperation. I assumed he called her a stuck-up pretentious b*tch because she was acting like a stuck-up pretentious b*tch, but hey that's just one guy's opinion.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>