I need your guys' opinion!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KILLA420
alright, i want to buy a psp game, but i dont know which one, what are your guys' favorites/ opinions?

Ricodrayz
if you even semi liked any MGS game then get this now or else!
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPJnjhu4QQ8&eurl=

games that are good and decent enough(I don't have these but the last 2 but meh)
If you like Gta (eww) then get that too, they have 2 of them
Mega Man Power up
Daxter
Killzone
Scocom
Locoroco
Tekken?
Remakes
Mega Man Maverick hunter X
Street Fighter Alpha 3

General Kaliero
Or as an ultimately more fun alternative, sell that PSP and grab a DS. You'll thank yourself.

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Or as an ultimately more fun alternative, sell that PSP and grab a DS. You'll thank yourself. Wow, I hate when people do this. He asked for Psp games and you go ZOMG get a DS.

KILLA420
Originally posted by Ricodrayz
if you even semi liked any MGS game then get this now or else!
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPJnjhu4QQ8&eurl=

games that are good and decent enough(I don't have these but the last 2 but meh)
If you like Gta (eww) then get that too, they have 2 of them
Mega Man Power up
Daxter
Killzone
Scocom
Locoroco
Tekken?
Remakes
Mega Man Maverick hunter X
Street Fighter Alpha 3
i might get MGS, now that i think of it, thanks
do they have any rpgs for psp?
Or as an ultimately more fun alternative, sell that PSP and grab a DS. You'll thank yourself.
na dude, my brothers got one, the graphics are terrible

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by KILLA420
i might get MGS, now that i think of it, thanks
do they have any rpgs for psp?

na dude, my brothers got one, the graphics are terrible Yeah lol I forget the name.. Valkire Profiles?SP ERROR?

Kenshinswife
valkeryie profile sux?
please tell me how before i buy it on monday becuz from what i have seen its pretty enticing

Or are you saying the ds sux and the graphics on the ds are terrible

K73SK
this valkerie was told out of the blu and known to everyone i swear, where the hell did it come from? i heard about it about 2 weeks ago, and now everyone knows about it all of a sudden..

i'd say get...CRAP WHAT WAS IT CALLED...it's some small squishy characters, it looks gay as hell, but it's more addicted then fuk

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by Kenshinswife
valkeryie profile sux?
please tell me how before i buy it on monday becuz from what i have seen its pretty enticing

Or are you saying the ds sux and the graphics on the ds are terrible lol isn't that like the only Rpg though? I heard it was decent.

((The_Anomaly))
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops.

Its the highest praised PSP game I've heard of yet. Though I haven't played it cause I would never buy a PSP for a bunch of reasons.

Nevertheless MGS:PO seems to be your best bet.

KILLA420
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops.

Its the highest praised PSP game I've heard of yet. Though I haven't played it cause I would never buy a PSP for a bunch of reasons.

Nevertheless MGS:PO seems to be your best bet.
cool, thanks for your guys' input!!! big grin

SaTsuJiN
Tekken : Dark Resurrection should be really fun too... I had a bit of a fun time playing wipeout pure as well

KILLA420
has anyone played 'infected'? it looked so badass

Pulse2
Ratchet and clank is coming out soon, it is graphically fabulous and even competes with the PS2 version, R&C is a fun game anyway, add that to your list Ricodrayz

Impediment
Buy A DS. It's cheaper and infinitely more dependable and more fun. yes

Pulse2
Originally posted by Impediment
Buy A DS. It's cheaper and infinitely more dependable and more fun. yes You seem to be speaking for everyone when you say that....

I don't particually find "DS" any more fun then the othe Gameboys, and he isn't asking for a DS.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Pulse2
You seem to be speaking for everyone when you say that....

I don't particually find "DS" any more fun then the othe Gameboys, and he isn't asking for a DS.

Well I find the PSP about as fun as a Brick with Horse Sh*t smeared on it, Only this particular Brick is way overpriced and for the most part useless. But to each his own I guess...

Ricodrayz
lol but the freaking guy is asking for Psp games, so quit the "Buy the Ds" Shit. Yes the Psp is protable shit, but wasn't what the thread guy asked lol. It actually has decent games now. MGS Portable Ops has a great story and gameplay like real MGS games(cannon story too). Oh and Loco Roco is creepy but still good.

PVS
Well I find the PSP about as fun as a Brick with Horse Sh*t smeared on it, Only this particular Brick is way overpriced and for the most part useless. But to each his own I guess...

spoken like an irrational nintendo fanboy

Ricodrayz
http://psp.ign.com/articles/749/749552p2.html < Here are some games, most I named already but some not.

dirkdirden
Here is a list of some RPG type games. Valkyrie profile is a PS1 port never played it on PSP but I loved it on PS1. Just type each one into google and see if it looks like you'll like.

Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse
Lord of the Rings: Tactics
Kingdom of Paradise
The Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
PopoloCrois
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim
Generation of Chaos
Neopets Petpet Adventures: The Wand of Wishing
Untold Legends: The Warrior's Code
Astonishia Story
Legend of Heroes II: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch
Blade Dancer
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Spectral Souls
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics (comes out in 2007)
The Legend of Heroes III: Song of the Ocean (comes out in 2007)
Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner (comes out in 2007)
Gurumin (comes out in 2007)
Valhalla Knights (comes out in 2007)

Pulse2
Well I find the PSP about as fun as a Brick with Horse Sh*t smeared on it, Only this particular Brick is way overpriced and for the most part useless. But to each his own I guess... That was uncalled for, and if you hate it so much, why are you even in this thread, wouldn't it be wise to go and preach the way of DS in some other DS thread? If the PSP was so crap, it would have flopped ages ago, the fact that more people have bought it then any other handheld excluding DS is superb smile Not only is it second in the gaming industry but also in the Media industry, so being second in two is about as good as being 1st in only 1. As for it being useless, I wouldn't call something that does more then just play games for 11hours stright useless, unless your a gaming nerd of course.

dirkdirden
PSP is so cool I'm going to get one in a heart beat as soon as they go down in price or when crisis core comes out which ever comes first.

The amount of "illegal" stuff you can do on a psp is insane I can't not have one.

Pulse2
Originally posted by dirkdirden
PSP is so cool I'm going to get one in a heart beat as soon as they go down in price or when crisis core comes out which ever comes first.

The amount of "illegal" stuff you can do on a psp is insane I can't not have one. confused Your buying it for illegal stuff? K...

Mine is good company, I always have it with me, its just great to use in any situation, and it has helped me do so much other then gaming, I have even been able to monitor several things on the internet while my comp was getting fixed, so it is my treasure and I could never want anything over it smile

((The_Anomaly))
That was uncalled for, and if you hate it so much, why are you even in this thread, wouldn't it be wise to go and preach the way of DS in some other DS thread? If the PSP was so crap, it would have flopped ages ago, the fact that more people have bought it then any other hand-held excluding DS is superb smile Not only is it second in the gaming industry but also in the Media industry, so being second in two is about as good as being 1st in only 1. As for it being useless, I wouldn't call something that does more then just play games for 11hours stright useless, unless your a gaming nerd of course.

Humm....more people have bought it then any other hand-held excluding DS eh? Lets take a look.

Gameboy - 69.42 million (worldwide)
Gameboy colour - 49.27 million (worldwide)
Gameboy Advance - 76.79 million (worldwide)
Nintendo DS - 26.82 million (worldwide)

and the we have the...

PSP - Worldwide: 22.94 million units (worldwide)

Oh, wait, that makes it the 5th (or last) highest selling hand-held ever. So much for that.

Pulse2
Humm....more people have bought it then any other hand-held excluding DS eh? Lets take a look.

and the we have the...

Oh, wait, that makes it the 5th (or last) highest selling hand-held ever. So much for that. Um, 1, I think you're forgetting Gameboys had no real competition back then and 2. Unlike those gameboys, PSP is still selling and is still here and is by no means outdated. But I give you credit for doing your maths, I means you are smart.

What would make you smarter is to give PSP related advice, or no advice at all, becuase you're not helping the situation.

((The_Anomaly))
Um, 1, I think you're forgetting Gameboys had no real competition back then and 2. Unlike those gameboys, PSP is still selling and is still here and is by no means outdated. But I give you credit for doing your maths, I means you are smart.

What would make you smarter is to give PSP related advice, or no advice at all, becuase you're not helping the situation.

Umm...your exact words were "the fact that more people have bought it then any other hand-held excluding DS". Which is an insanely incorrect statement. The fact that the Gameboys didn't have much competition isn't relevant, the PSP is not the second highest selling hand-held, its sold less then the DS, which isn't even the highest selling hand-held anyways.

Pulse2
Umm...your exact words were "the fact that more people have bought it then any other hand-held excluding DS". Which is an insanely incorrect statement. The fact that the Gameboys didn't have much competition isn't relevant, the PSP is not the second highest selling hand-held, its sold less then the DS, which isn't even the highest selling hand-held anyways. Wait, are we talking just game wise or handheld in general wise?

We all know Nintendo is the leader of th handheld market, its nothing new, infact we new this before the DS was out, so why regurgitate old news? The fact that PSP is selling and appealing to any kind of audience and has yet to even enter the red flop zone is remarkable considering so many handhelds today never see the light of day. You can't go around making blank statements about how it is crap because it only sold 22million, heck thats a lot of people, heck thats 3 million away from how many Original xboxes were sold, heck that surpases gamecube sales by lightyears, so before you make statements, I think you sould consider what you say, just because you happen to not like it being a biased Wii and DS fanboy who would probably never give any PSP owner the time of day doesn't mean others can't enjoy what they have, I have yet to enter a Nintendo related topic and bash it and tell people to buy PSP, 360, Zune or PS3 instead, maybe because I'm more mature, who knows.

((The_Anomaly))
Wait, are we talking just game wise or handheld in general wise?

We all know Nintendo is the leader of th handheld market, its nothing new, infact we new this before the DS was out, so why regurgitate old news? The fact that PSP is selling and appealing to any kind of audience and has yet to even enter the red flop zone is remarkable considering so many handhelds today never see the light of day. You can't go around making blank statements about how it is crap because it only sold 22million, heck thats a lot of people, heck thats 3 million away from how many Original xboxes were sold, heck that surpases gamecube sales by lightyears, so before you make statements, I think you sould consider what you say, just because you happen to not like it being a biased Wii and DS fanboy who would probably never give any PSP owner the time of day doesn't mean others can't enjoy what they have, I have yet to enter a Nintendo related topic and bash it and tell people to buy PSP, 360, Zune or PS3 instead, maybe because I'm more mature, who knows.

Was I bashing it? I was merely pointing out the fact that the BS claim you made that the PSP was the second highest selling hand-held system ever, which was a fact you obviously pulled out of your @ss, because its completely false. And now your trying to change the subject and say I'm a Wii/ DS Fanboy. I don't even own a DS (I play other peoples), I do own a Wii, but I'm not big on handhelds, and I never have been. All I said is that the PSP has crappy games when compared to the DS and it does. The PSP is a overpriced machine that does a lot of things that most people don't need because they already have things that do it. I just hate when people pull crap outta they're @sses and make sh*t up, which is what you did, so I then pointed out that you were wrong.

Bicnarok
Buy a game?
I thought everyone downloads them nowadays.

Pulse2
Was I bashing it? I was merely pointing out the fact that the BS claim you made that the PSP was the second highest selling hand-held system ever, which was a fact you obviously pulled out of your @ss, because its completely false. And now your trying to change the subject and say I'm a Wii/ DS Fanboy. I don't even own a DS (I play other peoples), I do own a Wii, but I'm not big on handhelds, and I never have been. All I said is that the PSP has crappy games when compared to the DS and it does. The PSP is a overpriced machine that does a lot of things that most people don't need because they already have things that do it. I just hate when people pull crap outta they're @sses and make sh*t up, which is what you did, so I then pointed out that you were wrong. And you corrected the claim, I was meant to say other then Nintendo which has always owned the handheld market, but I said DS, there is no reason to go getting in a huff and a puff, I wasn't even talking to you in the first place, I was aiming my difference in opinion to the other guy who invaded the convosation, nor did I say Nintendo handhelds were crap in anyway, I simply made my point that the DS was about as fun (in my opinion) to the other Gameboys, and I would know, I bloody have one, in fact, I've had all gameboys, so I think I know what I am talking about when it comes to what I enjoy and what I don't, Sony brought something new to the table that no other gaming handheld maker other then Nintendo has managed to achieve nor sell as well as, and I went with it, because its new, its unique and the games although limited are more fun to me then what I have been playing on Nintendo handhelds for years with better graphics and different storylines.

So to blankly call it crap is a stupid remark because it can't be crap if it does everything that an mp3 does, a mobile does and a gaming handheld does, its only a matter of time before ringing ppl on it is possible, the cam is already there, and the only thing it is missing, is its own unique games, but Locoroco is a sign that even that is possible once developers start making proper use of it. Maybe Sony too can make unique games for it, if Nintendo can, so can Sony.

And as for not needing the stuff it has, maybe you do, but I do, so that "people" statement is way too large a comparison, which the one mistake I made, you certainly are digging a bigger hole for yourself with all the blank statements you are making because you siply don't like the PSP, at least I have acknowledged that the DS is a superb handheld, I've simply grown out of it, thats all, and have chosen what I like, the PSP, and am now helping another PSP owner to choose the right games, if you don't like it, tough, thats your problem, this isn't a DS thread anyway.

Pulse2
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Buy a game?
I thought everyone downloads them nowadays. Lol, what? The old PS1 and demos or the emulators :P

But that is true to a certain extent smile

dirkdirden

PVS

and the we have the...

Oh, wait, that makes it the 5th (or last) highest selling hand-held ever. So much for that.

also makes it a close second place for best selling handheld on the market. nintendo's past handheld successes are irrelevant.
they are both very successful in the market and its all up to preference.

stop being a fanboy.

BackFire
Thing is, PSP sales have all but evaporated right now. Over the last year the DS has outsold the PSP by a huge amount, especially in japan. The DS, with the new DS lite design, are still selling like hot cakes, the PSP, not so much.

KILLA420
lol but the freaking guy is asking for Psp games, so quit the "Buy the Ds" Shit. Yes the Psp is protable shit, but wasn't what the thread guy asked lol. It actually has decent games now. MGS Portable Ops has a great story and gameplay like real MGS games(cannon story too). Oh and Loco Roco is creepy but still good.
wait, whats so bad about the psp, besides the price, i may not be a serious gamer, but i dont find anything wrong, the price, obviously excluded?

Ricodrayz
wait, whats so bad about the psp, besides the price, i may not be a serious gamer, but i dont find anything wrong, the price, obviously excluded? At the begining it was garbage lol. Had no games and the good games were ported to the Ps2. My sqaure button is messed up lol and teh batteries die in 2 minutes. Ps2 port titles that were crap came on the PSP. So yeah, it was horrible...as for other things it does, umd failed, and memory costed alot to doload anything.
It was garbage for awhile but now it is actually good with hit original games that don't even get ported to the PS2. The fixed the buttons, and they also have memory cheaper because the bigger ones cost alot(you only need the cheap one is more than enough)

KILLA420

KILLA420
At the begining it was garbage lol. Had no games and the good games were ported to the Ps2. My sqaure button is messed up lol and teh batteries die in 2 minutes. Ps2 port titles that were crap came on the PSP. So yeah, it was horrible...as for other things it does, umd failed, and memory costed alot to doload anything.
It was garbage for awhile but now it is actually good with hit original games that don't even get ported to the PS2. The fixed the buttons, and they also have memory cheaper because the bigger ones cost alot(you only need the cheap one is more than enough)
i still have the 30mg that it came with, i haqvent got around to buying more memory erm
idk i was glad i bouthgt mine in march last year on the internet for $200, it was new too!!!eek!

Pulse2
Originally posted by BackFire
Thing is, PSP sales have all but evaporated right now. Over the last year the DS has outsold the PSP by a huge amount, especially in japan. The DS, with the new DS lite design, are still selling like hot cakes, the PSP, not so much. PSP is far from dead, the sales may have slowed down, but that doesn't mean they have stopped, the PSP is very powerful and very capable of catching the DS, don't think it is impossible because nothing is, the DS is great, but mainly for its unique games, once PSP has gotten itself a foothold of the handheld market, it can then make up for losses, Nintendo has had the handheld market on lockdown for years, did you really expect Sony a newcomer to instantly take its place, yeah right, little or no one had experienced gaming on a Sony handheld before, and considering its a newcomer, it did damn well in comparison to Sega's handheld, NeoGeo pocket and all those other flops that released and sold next to nothing.

I think PSP should be praised, it isn't always easy to enter a new market and dominate, look at Xbox, when it came out, it didn't do so well because of its lack of games etc, plus Sony and Nintendo rightfully owned the gaming market, now look at it, the 360 is dominating and is out of this world.

With its own unique games, more RPGs, more colourful games, more entertaining games, why should the PSP not take Nintendo's place if done well, I already know that Japanese are by no means biased, 360 doesn't sell well there, not because its American, but because it doesn't have games that appeal to Japanese people, just like the PSP, but yet, PS2 destroyed GameCube over there, so that is already proof that Japan does not favour one console over another, they just like the one with the most interesting games, and if PSP pulls that off, whallah, there we have it, sitting right next to DS smile

Might proove to be difficult with Nintendo's 6 or 5 generations of experience with the handheld market, but its not impossible.

BackFire
I didn't say it was dead, just basically that the current numbers that show both systems being somewhat close to one another in sales aren't as accurate as they seem, because PSP sales have slowed down drastically over the last year, where as DS sales are skyrocketed. At this point next year, unless there is a drastic change, the DS will have a very commanding lead over the PSP. It's the same deal with software, the DS has a bunch of top selling games if you look at the top sellers for each week/month. PSP has far fewer.

Wasn't really trying to put the PSP down or anything, I know it's a fine system with some good games, I may get one someday when the price drops, but the DS is in a much much better position.

Ricodrayz
lol so why does reports say the Psp sales boosted alot, and it outsold teh Ds in NOv in the usa anyway. For that month anyway lol

Pulse2
I didn't say it was dead, just basically that the current numbers that show both systems being somewhat close to one another in sales aren't as accurate as they seem, because PSP sales have slowed down drastically over the last year, where as DS sales are skyrocketed. At this point next year, unless there is a drastic change, the DS will have a very commanding lead over the PSP. It's the same deal with software, the DS has a bunch of top selling games if you look at the top sellers for each week/month. PSP has far fewer.

Wasn't really trying to put the PSP down or anything, I know it's a fine system with some good games, I may get one someday when the price drops, but the DS is in a much much better position. But PSP sales havent slowed down at all, here is the recent Japanese sale charts:

- DS Lite: 319,708 ^ 10,078 (3.25%)
- Wii: 108,237 ^ 22,798 (26.68%)
- PS3: 70,942 ^ 20,771 (41.40%)
- PSP: 48,962 ^ 20,032 (69.24%)
- PS2: 37,730 ^ 7,270 (23.87%)
- Xbox 360: 17,168 v 18,175 (51.42%)
- GBA SP: 1,867 v 29 (1.53%)
- Game Boy Micro: 1,491 v 64 (4.12%)
- Gamecube: 1,152 ^ 583 (102.46%)
- DS Phat: 158 v 9 (5.39%)
- GBA: 42 ^ 25 (147.06%)
- Xbox: 3 v 3 (50.00%)

Source

If anything, PSP is still dominating over other various competition there, sitting comfortably in fourth place just under the PS3, like I said, if your saying that it ihas slowed down, that means the othe competition behind it must have stopped completly, its even doing better then the still dominating PS2, and yeah DS is infront, but its no suprize, Japanese like colourful games, RPG games, and games like Mario, Nintendogs and Brainage, if the PSP had a few unique games to make use of its own features with the same colourful gfx, then it too will succeed, what the PSP is missing is RPGs, the DS has lots, even Pokemon is an eample of a DS successful RPG, add a few to the PSP and it will be irrisistable, just you watch when FF comes out for PSP, the sales will shoot up just the same way they did for X360 and Blue Dragon. This is why PS2 destryed the likes of Xbox and Gamecube, its RPGs and number of great Japanes titles, right now, there are few developers making unique games for PSP, instead they are being lazy and porting games because of the PSPs power, the DS forces game creators to use new ideas because the DS cannot handle these gfx, plus it has touch screen, therefore game creators have to be original, a game like Tekken or GTA cannot be ported to DS as it is not ideal, this forces devs to stop being lazy and make unique games for it, this is what Sony needs to do, make it more difficult for Devs to port, plus make its own games, the graphics should be a bonus, if Nintendogs could look that fab on DS, they could look next to real on PSP, so whats stopping devs from making fun, unique games like Locoroco, Nintendogs or Mario, nothing really, except, well, their laziness.

Rachet and Clank should be another reason to pick up a PSP, it will be stunning on PSP, plus R&C have always been fun. PSP has potential, high potential and it CAN take Nintendo's no 1 spot or even stand right next to it, its just up to developers to make more use of it. Its by no means any fault of the PSP's, its the devs BLAME THE DEVS I SHOUT!! THOSE LAZY.......

Pulse2
lol so why does reports say the Psp sales boosted alot, and it outsold teh Ds in NOv in the usa anyway. For that month anyway lol They did, this Xmas PSP has proven to either be more popular or everyone in Japan simply already has a DS so sales are slowing down, either way, the chart of Japanese sales I just put up prooves yours and my point, this Month (alone) PSP has overtaken DS, and PSP will have its chance to shine later on in time, right now Sony is doing a great job with the PSP no matter what anyone says (wish I could say the same for PS3), and PSP even though everyone thought it would be a complete flop before it released has done its job, it has penetrated the Handheld market successfully and made a name for itself, now just to take it over, if the PS2 could, so can the PSP.

BackFire
But PSP sales havent slowed down at all, here is the recent Japanese sale charts:

- DS Lite: 319,708 ^ 10,078 (3.25%)
- Wii: 108,237 ^ 22,798 (26.68%)
- PS3: 70,942 ^ 20,771 (41.40%)
- PSP: 48,962 ^ 20,032 (69.24%)
- PS2: 37,730 ^ 7,270 (23.87%)
- Xbox 360: 17,168 v 18,175 (51.42%)
- GBA SP: 1,867 v 29 (1.53%)
- Game Boy Micro: 1,491 v 64 (4.12%)
- Gamecube: 1,152 ^ 583 (102.46%)
- DS Phat: 158 v 9 (5.39%)
- GBA: 42 ^ 25 (147.06%)
- Xbox: 3 v 3 (50.00%)

Source

If anything, PSP is still dominating over other various competition there, sitting comfortably in fourth place just under the PS3, like I said, if your saying that it ihas slowed down, that means the othe competition behind it must have stopped completly, its even doing better then the still dominating PS2, and yeah DS is infront, but its no suprize, Japanese like colourful games, RPG games, and games like Mario, Nintendogs and Brainage, if the PSP had a few unique games to make use of its own features with the same colourful gfx, then it too will succeed, what the PSP is missing is RPGs, the DS has lots, even Pokemon is an eample of a DS successful RPG, add a few to the PSP and it will be irrisistable, just you watch when FF comes out for PSP, the sales will shoot up just the same way they did for X360 and Blue Dragon. This is why PS2 destryed the likes of Xbox and Gamecube, its RPGs and number of great Japanes titles, right now, there are few developers making unique games for PSP, instead they are being lazy and porting games because of the PSPs power, the DS forces game creators to use new ideas because the DS cannot handle these gfx, plus it has touch screen, therefore game creators have to be original, a game like Tekken or GTA cannot be ported to DS as it is not ideal, this forces devs to stop being lazy and make unique games for it, this is what Sony needs to do, make it more difficult for Devs to port, plus make its own games, the graphics should be a bonus, if Nintendogs could look that fab on DS, they could look next to real on PSP, so whats stopping devs from making fun, unique games like Locoroco, Nintendogs or Mario, nothing really, except, well, their laziness.

Rachet and Clank should be another reason to pick up a PSP, it will be stunning on PSP, plus R&C have always been fun. PSP has potential, high potential and it CAN take Nintendo's no 1 spot or even stand right next to it, its just up to developers to make more use of it. Its by no means any fault of the PSP's, its the devs BLAME THE DEVS I SHOUT!! THOSE LAZY.......

http://ds.ign.com/articles/750/750195p1.html

It's the same in America too, DS lites have been outselling the PSP's all year, since they came out.

BackFire
lol so why does reports say the Psp sales boosted alot, and it outsold teh Ds in NOv in the usa anyway. For that month anyway lol

I've seen no such reports, do they exist, are they real? Where are they?

I've seen reports stating that the DS has clearly outsold the PSP thus far, including the month of november.

Ricodrayz
Edit: I won't even bother lol Sales are much closer everywhere else, only Japan the Psp can't catch up.

BackFire
Edit: I won't even bother lol Sales are much closer everywhere else, only Japan the Psp can't catch up.

Closer, but still far favoring the DS.

Look at the link I posted, clearly states that the DS is very much ahead in America as well, it's a similar case in Europe too.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45344

Look at the graph right there, even the GBA beat the PSP in America during November, and that's a nearly dead system. The PSP is simply not doing well enough to compete with the DS, and apparantly, even the GBA.

Ricodrayz
Closer, but still far favoring the DS.

Look at the link I posted, clearly states that the DS is very much ahead in America as well, it's a similar case in Europe too.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45344

Look at the graph right there, even the GBA beat the PSP in America during November, and that's a nearly dead system. The PSP is simply not doing well enough to compete with the DS, and apparantly, even the GBA. We Know the Ds is winning, who said the Psp was beating it. Come on Backfire, don't lose sleep laughing evil face
The Gba only been out 3 x longer with no competition..why wouldn't it lose to it?

BackFire
Well, you and pulse said that you heard the PSP outsold the DS in November, which I objected to. I've still not heard anything supporting that theory.

And I don't think you understand the statistics I'm posting above, these are monthly sales, not lifetime sales. the GBA beating the PSP last month alone should be very alarming for Sony.

Trust me, I'll sleep very well tonight, my friend.

Ricodrayz
Well, you and pulse said that you heard the PSP outsold the DS in November, which I objected to. I've still not heard anything supporting that theory.

Trust me, I'll sleep very well tonight, my friend. 1 month in 1 state? lol wasn't a big deal anyway. I think it was the Psp games that sold out the Ds games for a couple months. Ds hasn't really released a super game in a while so of course PSp games iwll win for a little bit. I think Super Mario is the only Ds game that made it on teh top 10 best selling handheld games for so and so months.

Pulse2

And I don't think you understand the statistics I'm posting above, these are monthly sales, not lifetime sales. the GBA beating the PSP last month alone should be very alarming for Sony.

Trust me, I'll sleep very well tonight, my friend. Did you even look at the stats I showed, thats the beginning of December stats, it clearly shows more sales on it confused

But 1 month means nothing, we know DS is doing better, the last think we need is a Cockrel in the mornings waking us up to tell us that, why don't you tell us about how the PS2 outsold the Gamecube over and over as well, thats just as pointless to this convosation as knowing DS is outselling the PSP, even blind people can see its outselling, and they don't even need to see, we don't need to drown in the obvious. The PSP is doing well, end of story, maybe not as well as the DS, but then the DS only appeals to one market, the gaming market. What are non gamers supposed to do with it? Just chat?

Its like Ipod, why don't you drown us in statistics as to how the Ipod is also beating PSP and Zune for that matter. To be honest, 22million and still rising is excellent numbers for a new handheld such as the PSP, simply amazing. Who cares if it hasn't reached DS sales? Like I said, if it did, it would have made a right laughing stock out of Nintendo who has been in the handheld industry for years, considering there were no games for it yet, and Nintendo has several years worth of games for thier DS that they can continue on.

Ok, if 22million is the benchmark set by Sony with PSP, imagine what PSP2 will achieve with Sony's new successful experience of the handheld market. Hopefully Sony will add more difficult methods so porting is next to impossible, add a phone service, have its own chat service intigrated, have more games made uniquely for it, whos knows, but all I know is I will be one of the people to buy it smile

All the original PSP needs is some more exclusive games, more RPGs, more colourful games with heros people can relate to and a cheaper price point, and watch and witness the sales go up.

BackFire
Yes, the stats you showed clearly shows the DS beating the PSP, which is why I was confused when you agreed with Rico about the PSP outselling the DS in the month of november, and hence me "drowning" (I love hyperbole) you in statistics that proved otherwise. You're defending the PSP as if I said it was a failure or a bad system, which I never said or insinuated, I know it's a success and a respectable system.

That last stat that shows the GBA beating it last month was posted just because I thought it was interesting, and it wasn't something I was aware of.

Anyways, you say the DS only appeals to one market, so what? That's a strength, because it's not trying to do a bunch of stupid shit like watch movies on a failing format (UMD) it allows the price to stay low, nothing wrong with a company just focusing on one thing and one thing alone, it allows them to make that one aspect of their system superb, while not having to worry about all the other secondary aspects.

You also ask why I don't speak about ps2/gamecube/ipod sales. Possibly because this thread is about the PSP and handheld gaming, not old console systems and a music player.

So again, to make it clear, I only objected to the idea that the PSP outsold the DS in November, which was an untruth, nothing more.

BackFire
Anyways, to answer the original question.

The best games for the system seem to be:

MGS:Portable Ops

Burnout

Tekken: Dark Ressurection

((The_Anomaly))
Yes, apparently these people cant handle that the DS is winning, and when they hear it, they say your bashing the system, even when all your stating is mere facts. Thats what they did to me, so I left cause it was annoying.

Pulse2
Yes, the stats you showed clearly shows the DS beating the PSP, which is why I was confused when you agreed with Rico about the PSP outselling the DS in the month of november, and hence me "drowning" (I love hyperbole) you in statistics that proved otherwise. You're defending the PSP as if I said it was a failure or a bad system, which I never said or insinuated, I know it's a success and a respectable system.

That last stat that shows the GBA beating it last month was posted just because I thought it was interesting, and it wasn't something I was aware of.

Anyways, you say the DS only appeals to one market, so what? That's a strength, because it's not trying to do a bunch of stupid shit like watch movies on a failing format (UMD) it allows the price to stay low, nothing wrong with a company just focusing on one thing and one thing alone, it allows them to make that one aspect of their system superb, while not having to worry about all the other secondary aspects.

You also ask why I don't speak about ps2/gamecube/ipod sales. Possibly because this thread is about the PSP and handheld gaming, not old console systems and a music player.

So again, to make it clear, I only objected to the idea that the PSP outsold the DS in November, which was an untruth, nothing more. Its whats behind the arrow you're looking at. To the right of the arrows I mean. I know full well the DS appeals to one market, and I didn't say anything was wrong with that, but even a non gamer knows the PSP isn't just aiming at the gaming market, its aiming at business ppl, the average person on thier daily jog, a person in a car, a person on a flight, urban gamers, mature audiences, pretty much anyone, and games for PSP although limited also appeal to all ages although targeted at a mature audience, its okay to focus on one aspect, but in a modern world, nobody would outside gaming would ever think about picking up a PSP, but with its other possibilities, anyone can, it isn't just focused at one market like Ipod or DS is, it is focusing at several, yes its expensive, but for an item such as the PSP, its worth it to some people, obviously a supporter of the DS would never see it this way as handhelds are made for gaming apparently, but you are forgetting why Sony became famous in the first place, walkmans, and these days its other handhelds, it is a really stupid thing to make a gaming handheld when you have a compnay that has many different qualities, Sony is in the movie industry, the phone industry, the gaming industry, the tech industry, why in the hell not make use of its strengths, that would be a stupid idea, and with the lack of games for a brand new handheld to the industry, its only wise to have other things to back it up at least until its games can help support it.

Have you considered that? Why do you think other handhelds from other companies failed? Its because they went head to head with a leading company with far more experience, why do you think Microsoft goes unchalleneged in the Software industry, or Ipod in the MP3 industry? Why do you think Zune failed to reach Ipod's standards? its because it went head to head, and when you look at Microsoft's inexperience in the MP3 department, whos product is an average person most likely to go with? Ipod of course, its a more recognised brand. So don't tell me about what Nintendo is doing, I'm not stupid, I know full well what they are doing and it is easy for them to get sales, nearly everyone knows the term gameboy, even non gamers do, how the heck was Sony meant to compete with that with a new only gaming (but limited) handheld? Next to impossible for them to survive in the market, to be honest, if they had followed the gaming path alone, I would have been suprized if they made 1m sales alone. So all those other features you say are crap and unneeded, I'll have you know, all that so called crap and failed devices has made the PSP both a name in the handheld industry and kept it surviving this long.

When I first had PSP, people asked me if it was gameboy, notice the powerful brand name Nintendo has, now when I walk around with it, people come up to me and go "Oh, you have a PSP", I was even stopped by a high sophisticated woman in London once who didn't even look as if she knew anything about gaming, we had a little convo on the train about the PSP, and she herself said she had considered buying it, the only thing stopping her being the fact that she was unsure of the price, once I told her, she seemed fine with it, not the slightest bit phased.

So please, spare me the details about how DS dominated this and that, DS dominated because there was no competition, also because former competitors were either to stupid or limited to realise that in the business world, you cannot always take on a business head to head and expect to win or survive for that matter. You have to have something extra, something unique, otherwise the company with the more know brand name wins, just the same way PS got past Nintendo with CDs and Xbox is competiting with PS3 with XBL, like Wii competes with Sony and Micro by having the new Wiimote, you need difreciation to suceed, if you studied business you'd know that.

Right now all that matters is that PSP has done its job, it has given itself a rightful name and stopped being known as a Gameboy, it has sold 22million, more so then any current next gen console, it is still increasing in sales, sold more then any competitior in the handheld department Nintendo has ever had on a large scale.

Lyna303
I was just thinking that...

Pulse2
So do you want to bring up that point about how DS dominates again? Cos its a rather pointless statement, considering it has been out before I was born, you're not bringing any new information to the table, by telling me that the DS is dominating, how is that meant to tell me anything I don't know, the DS is meant to be dominating.

It makes it seem as though the only reason you posted that is to get some attention or to stick a knife into the PSP, because even after we gave you the reason, you're still telling us the same thing over and over again. Wake up people, some people don't stick with a 2 decade old product, some people like something new, something unique, and thats where PSP stands.

I don't even understand how DS dominating has anything to do with the thread topic, have you looked at it by any chance? The thread is not called "Haha, DS sux, PSP owns" and it certainly isn't about that either, so why are you here telling me about the same thing we can clearly see with our own two eyes, what do you think we are blind, maybe thick, stupid enough that we haven't known the DS has been dominating for what, 2 1/2 / 3 years now? WE KNOW IT IS, stop puking up old news, but before you leave the thread finally realising that we don't give a sheeps butt about how the DS is dominating, take this with you, the PSP has not failed, its done what it needed to do, you can go now because it simply seems as if you have nothing positive to contibute to the thread, nor new. In fact you've taken it way off what it was meant to be, it might as well be closed now. Trust people to spoil a thread..

BackFire
Its whats behind the arrow you're looking at. To the right of the arrows I mean. I know full well the DS appeals to one market, and I didn't say anything was wrong with that, but even a non gamer knows the PSP isn't just aiming at the gaming market, its aiming at business ppl, the average person on thier daily jog, a person in a car, a person on a flight, urban gamers, mature audiences, pretty much anyone, and games for PSP although limited also appeal to all ages although targeted at a mature audience, its okay to focus on one aspect, but in a modern world, nobody would outside gaming would ever think about picking up a PSP, but with its other possibilities, anyone can, it isn't just focused at one market like Ipod or DS is, it is focusing at several, yes its expensive, but for an item such as the PSP, its worth it to some people, obviously a supporter of the DS would never see it this way as handhelds are made for gaming apparently, but you are forgetting why Sony became famous in the first place, walkmans, and these days its other handhelds, it is a really stupid thing to make a gaming handheld when you have a compnay that has many different qualities, Sony is in the movie industry, the phone industry, the gaming industry, the tech industry, why in the hell not make use of its strengths, that would be a stupid idea, and with the lack of games for a brand new handheld to the industry, its only wise to have other things to back it up at least until its games can help support it.

Have you considered that? Why do you think other handhelds from other companies failed? Its because they went head to head with a leading company with far more experience, why do you think Microsoft goes unchalleneged in the Software industry, or Ipod in the MP3 industry? Why do you think Zune failed to reach Ipod's standards? its because it went head to head, and when you look at Microsoft's inexperience in the MP3 department, whos product is an average person most likely to go with? Ipod of course, its a more recognised brand. So don't tell me about what Nintendo is doing, I'm not stupid, I know full well what they are doing and it is easy for them to get sales, nearly everyone knows the term gameboy, even non gamers do, how the heck was Sony meant to compete with that with a new only gaming (but limited) handheld? Next to impossible for them to survive in the market, to be honest, if they had followed the gaming path alone, I would have been suprized if they made 1m sales alone. So all those other features you say are crap and unneeded, I'll have you know, all that so called crap and failed devices has made the PSP both a name in the handheld industry and kept it surviving this long.

When I first had PSP, people asked me if it was gameboy, notice the powerful brand name Nintendo has, now when I walk around with it, people come up to me and go "Oh, you have a PSP", I was even stopped by a high sophisticated woman in London once who didn't even look as if she knew anything about gaming, we had a little convo on the train about the PSP, and she herself said she had considered buying it, the only thing stopping her being the fact that she was unsure of the price, once I told her, she seemed fine with it, not the slightest bit phased.

So please, spare me the details about how DS dominated this and that, DS dominated because there was no competition, also because former competitors were either to stupid or limited to realise that in the business world, you cannot always take on a business head to head and expect to win or survive for that matter. You have to have something extra, something unique, otherwise the company with the more know brand name wins, just the same way PS got past Nintendo with CDs and Xbox is competiting with PS3 with XBL, like Wii competes with Sony and Micro by having the new Wiimote, you need difreciation to suceed, if you studied business you'd know that.

Right now all that matters is that PSP has done its job, it has given itself a rightful name and stopped being known as a Gameboy, it has sold 22million, more so then any current next gen console, it is still increasing in sales, sold more then any competitior in the handheld department Nintendo has ever had on a large scale.

Yes, the PSP is aiming at all these different people, and as a result the system doesn't accel at anything in particular. It just does a bunch of different things fairly well, and costs a lot at the same time. The problem with having too large a scope is that most people are only going to look to it for one function, and that's gaming. When they see two handheld GAMING systems sitting next to eachother, one costing nearly twice as much as the other, they won't take into account that the more expensive one can play expensive UMD movies, or browse the internet or download awkward roms, they'll care that the DS is less expensive, has better games, and has a unique and interesting new way of playing games.

Again, you're going on with the defending of the PSP, as if I maliciously insulted it, all the while just ignoring that the sole point I came into this thread to make was that the PSP had not outsold the DS in the month of November, which was stated in the thread, I came to correct that and make sure everyone was on the same page in knowing of the correct sales statistics, and not following falsities about the PSP beating the DS in November. Had nothing to do with which system was better, or such and such system sucks, just posting correct information about sales in response to incorrect information that was posted about sales. That's all my intent was, and you're acting as though it was more than that, continually saying in response to me that the PSP has done well (which I never denied) and that the PSP is a good system (again which I never denied) and going on about the Ipod (which I've never even mentioned and has even less to do with the purpose of this thread than discussing the DS, seeing as the Ipod isn't even in the same medium as the DS and PSP).

So, before you go on complaining more about people going off topic and posting about things that have nothing to do with the meaning of the thread, be sure to withold further gibberish about the Ipod and defending the PSP against attacks that were never made, thanks.

Pulse2
Yes, the PSP is aiming at all these different people, and as a result the system doesn't accel at anything in particular. It just does a bunch of different things fairly well, and costs a lot at the same time. The problem with having too large a scope is that most people are only going to look to it for one function, and that's gaming. When they see two handheld GAMING systems sitting next to eachother, one costing nearly twice as much as the other, they won't take into account that the more expensive one can play expensive UMD movies, or browse the internet or download awkward roms, they'll care that the DS is less expensive, has better games, and has a unique and interesting new way of playing games.

Again, you're going on with the defending of the PSP, as if I maliciously insulted it, all the while just ignoring that the sole point I came into this thread to make was that the PSP had not outsold the DS in the month of November, which was stated in the thread, I came to correct that and make sure everyone was on the same page in knowing of the correct sales statistics, and not following falsities about the PSP beating the DS in November. Had nothing to do with which system was better, or such and such system sucks, just posting correct information about sales in response to incorrect information that was posted about sales. That's all my intent was, and you're acting as though it was more than that, continually saying in response to me that the PSP has done well (which I never denied) and that the PSP is a good system (again which I never denied) and going on about the Ipod (which I've never even mentioned and has even less to do with the purpose of this thread than discussing the DS, seeing as the Ipod isn't even in the same medium as the DS and PSP).

So, before you go on complaining more about people going off topic and posting about things that have nothing to do with the meaning of the thread, be sure to withold further gibberish about the Ipod and defending the PSP against attacks that were never made, thanks. Are you saying that you immidiately expected the PSP to be brought to a new market and have more and better games then the DS and outsell it on its own turf? Yeah right, that was never going to happen, unlike Nintendo, Sony doesn't have it own large brand of games under its own brand name, they are usually done by another buisness under its name, so the lack of games was expected, its just common sense to know full well that the PSP was not going to survive one week with just games playable, first it needs to have the developers in order to make the games for it in ithe first place, Nintendo would have ease with the DS, gaming isn't even an issue with Nintendo, knowing full well that the games on the other gameboys are definatly going to draw more people in, they just recreated those games to be intigrated with its new touch screen features, tell me, how on Earth would PSP have competed with that being just games based and completly new, how in Gods name would it have even lasted the few short seconds it was released, it would have been the biggest flop, the biggest let down from Sony in the Playstation brand, Sony can't afford that, they had to have something the DS doesn't have, something different, something new, something to show people the power of the PSP even with the lack of games, slowly the developers would notice the PSP and start making games specifically for it.

To many the extra stuff was pointless as they wanted games, but to millions of others, the extra crap stuff was great, as it would replace and conjoin many things people didn't have or did have. If PSP could play games etc, why buy a seperate MPS, why buy a seperate handheld, why buy a seperate portable DVD player? This PSP does it all, the games are slim but yet increasing, and slowly but surely, it will have great games on it too, not that it already doesn't. I've played some fun games on my PSP, so there is no lack of entertainment there.

About that correction you made regarding the stats, nobody mentioned anything about DS outselling nor the November stats untill you came in:

Your first post:

Go have a look, my argument was focused at Anomaly before you came in about his negative veiwpoint of the PSP. The november stats as unrelated to the topic as they were came in reply to your point about DS outselling the PSP which we already know about.

So basically, that whole Novenber stats and DS outselling is no fault of mine. I'm just making simple facts clear to someone who is showing negativity towards something they don't like when they could have simply ignored the topic and not reply to it if they dislike it. Nobody has forced you to buy a PSP and quite frankly we couldn't care less if you liked it or not, bought it or not, we did, and from that, am I not entitled to give advice to a fellow PSP gamer without someone else interupting?

And I could understand if what your saying was worth interupting the topic for, but its not. So I don't understand why you (not you in particular) would waste your time defending the DS when someone else recommended it for no reason whatsoever considering we aren't interested in DS. If you like the DS, I'm sure there are other DS threads you could bash the PSP in and mention its poor sales, but this topic certainly isn't it.

And from the small list of good games you put up, it is obvious you simply dislike the PSP because the PSP has various other game that are just as good if not better or more fun to play then that petty jokale list you put up, and that same list is growing. Whether DS outsold PSP in November is no ones concern because as much as the person you beleive is wrong because of that, you are also wrong regarding the slowing down sales of PSPs, you obviously dislike it so much you havevn't been paying attention to the sales of it, so you are making false accusations, since the release of PS3, the sales of PSP have been been raising rapidly as non owners buy so that they can connect with thier PS3s. So what if DS outsold it? How is that effecting the success of the PSP? People don't buy a game platform because it is doing well, they buy because of the games they enjoy. And as limited as they are, there is no doubt that people are buying PSPs because there are games they enjoy on it.

Pulse2
Add: Why not bring Ipod and Zune into it, you already took it off topic, what difference is a little bit more, besides, I have to explain the whole business world to you because you don't seem to understand it.

BackFire
Are you saying that you immidiately expected the PSP to be brought to a new market and have more and better games then the DS and outsell it on its own turf? Yeah right, that was never going to happen, unlike Nintendo, Sony doesn't have it own large brand of games under its own brand name, they are usually done by another buisness under its name, so the lack of games was expected, its just common sense to know full well that the PSP was not going to survive one week with just games playable, first it needs to have the developers in order to make the games for it in ithe first place, Nintendo would have ease with the DS, gaming isn't even an issue with Nintendo, knowing full well that the games on the other gameboys are definatly going to draw more people in, they just recreated those games to be intigrated with its new touch screen features, tell me, how on Earth would PSP have competed with that being just games based and completly new, how in Gods name would it have even lasted the few short seconds it was released, it would have been the biggest flop, the biggest let down from Sony in the Playstation brand, Sony can't afford that, they had to have something the DS doesn't have, something different, something new, something to show people the power of the PSP even with the lack of games, slowly the developers would notice the PSP and start making games specifically for it.

No, I never expected the PSP to be able to go blow for blow with the DS, but a lot of people did expect it, including Sony. After all, they did it with the Playstation, came into a new market and totally dominated it, so people thought it may be the same thing here. I was never one of those people, nor did I insinuate that I was. So this whole segment of your post is worthless, seeing as it's asking me questions and retorting against something I never said (once again).

To many the extra stuff was pointless as they wanted games, but to millions of others, the extra crap stuff was great, as it would replace and conjoin many things people didn't have or did have. If PSP could play games etc, why buy a seperate MPS, why buy a seperate handheld, why buy a seperate portable DVD player? This PSP does it all, the games are slim but yet increasing, and slowly but surely, it will have great games on it too, not that it already doesn't. I've played some fun games on my PSP, so there is no lack of entertainment there.

Once more, stop acting as though I've said that the PSP doesn't have good games, or that I think the system is bad, I don't. I know the system has some great games, I know the systems good, again responding to shit that was never said or purposely insinuated. If my saying "The DS has outsold the PSP, PSP sales have slowed down substantially over the last year, while the DS sales have picked up" equates in your mind to "The PSP sucks, it has no good games and is dying" then that's your problem, but for gods sake stop responding to shit I've never said, it's just making your posts stupidly long.

About that correction you made regarding the stats, nobody mentioned anything about DS outselling nor the November stats untill you came in:

What difference does that make? It was still incorrect information. What? Because someone stated something incorrectly after I came in, I'm not allowed to correct it?

Go have a look, my argument was focused at Anomaly before you came in about his negative veiwpoint of the PSP. The november stats as unrelated to the topic as they were came in reply to your point about DS outselling the PSP which we already know about.

Yes, and I corrected these incorrect statistics, nothing more. It's you who have taken my correction as an insult to the PSP (despite the fact that I've made it as clear as humanly possible that I DON'T think the system is bad, and even said that I plan on buying one once the price comes down).

So basically, that whole Novenber stats and DS outselling is no fault of mine. I'm just making simple facts clear to someone who is showing negativity towards something they don't like when they could have simply ignored the topic and not reply to it if they dislike it. Nobody has forced you to buy a PSP and quite frankly we couldn't care less if you liked it or not, bought it or not, we did, and from that, am I not entitled to give advice to a fellow PSP gamer without someone else interrupting?

Good lord, I'll go ahead and repeat this since you've failed to grasp this fact: I don't dislike the PSP, and I'm not showing negativity. Stating factual statistics about sales is not showing negativity. Apparently nothing short of lying is positive enough for you when regarding the PSP. And of course it's your fault, you're the one who backed the false statistics that claim the PSP outsold the DS in November. It's my fault that you lied because you lied in response to something I said? Wonderful.

And I could understand if what your saying was worth interrupting the topic for, but its not. So I don't understand why you (not you in particular) would waste your time defending the DS when someone else recommended it for no reason whatsoever considering we aren't interested in DS. If you like the DS, I'm sure there are other DS threads you could bash the PSP in and mention its poor sales, but this topic certainly isn't it.

And why are you even talking to me about this person who suggested buying a DS, I didn't' do this, I simply came in to give my view on the sales statistics and later to correct false information. It's now my fault someone ELSE decided to recommend a system other than the PSP? Excuse me all to hell. And Apparently what I'm saying IS worth interrupting the topic for, since you're actively taking part in...well...interrupting the topic to respond to what I'm saying (and a few things I'm not saying).

And from the small list of good games you put up, it is obvious you simply dislike the PSP because the PSP has various other game that are just as good if not better or more fun to play then that petty jokale list you put up, and that same list is growing. Whether DS outsold PSP in November is no ones concern because as much as the person you beleive is wrong because of that, you are also wrong regarding the slowing down sales of PSPs, you obviously dislike it so much you havevn't been paying attention to the sales of it, so you are making false accusations, since the release of PS3, the sales of PSP have been been raising rapidly as non owners buy so that they can connect with thier PS3s. So what if DS outsold it? How is that effecting the success of the PSP? People don't buy a game platform because it is doing well, they buy because of the games they enjoy. And as limited as they are, there is no doubt that people are buying PSPs because there are games they enjoy on it.

What poor logic, because I didn't list more good games, I don't like the PSP? Those are simply the ones that I thought of first, I know there are other good games. Please show me where I said that these are the ONLY good games for the system. I'll wait...

Of course sales have been rising, it's Christmas time! Sales of every system has been rising, DS including. PSP sales as a whole HAVE slowed down over the last year and a half, a global surge in sales because of the Holiday season doesn't change that. It's cute that you accuse me of not paying attention to something, when you have Apparently not payed attention to the numerous times I've stated that I don't dislike the PSP and would even purchase it if the price dropped. And the success of the PSP is of course connected to the success of it's ONLY COMPETITOR! As everything item is, success is determined by how well something competes and sells as opposed to it's competition. And for hell's sake, please don't confuse this with an attack on the PSP, simple business here, man.

So, in the spirit of Christmas, allow me to wrap up my thoughts in a neat little package so you hopefully understand my thoughts on the PSP and what I was saying earlier that you misinterpreted as attacks on the system, and hopefully no longer feel the need to lie and tell me how I feel about it:

The PSP is a fine system, it has good games and, yes, is successful, and I am interested in buying one once the price comes down. That said, the DS has outsold the PSP by a significant margin, especially this year. So, in conclusion, both systems are good, sales be damned. But that doesn't mean one should lie or deny the sales statistics.

Merry Christmas.

Pulse2
To be honest, the sales are complete insignificant, the only thing the dominant sales of the DS proove is that it is a more known and better established brand, not only that, but it has more games to appeal to a wider range of people, the PSP is bound to not have this yet as it is a new product. Sony assumed the PSP would do well not dominate, but do well and still give DS a hard time, I don't know where you got the idea they thought it would dominate from, only silly blind Sony fanboys assumed it would because it was so called "cool". As for the slowing down, in fact they haven't, they have been going at the same steady slow pace they have always been selling at, no faster, no slower. There are still people picking up PSPs, it has dropped at all, DSs up-peak in sales is down to the lastest releases such as Nintendogs, Brainage and Pokemon which are just 3 simple examples of fun games you can pick up on a DS.

I still don't understand how DSs domination has anything to do with the thread, so why you felt to mention it is beyond me. But when you are corrected for producing a blank statement such as that, you get all defensive and feel the need to correct others. And yet still, you have yet to contribute anything to the thread.

Do not feel as though my annoyance is aimed at you specifically, I conversing with you and any other owner of DS that may be considering adding a blank remark without contibuting to the thread in any way. A merry christmas or happy holiday to you as well.

BackFire
You may not remember, but over a year ago, PSP sales were huge, that thing was really popular for a while, at least here in America, it was a gaming craze. Since then, it's slowed down to it's current pace. Not a bad pace, but much lower than Sony would like, I'm sure.

DS outselling the PSP doesn't have anything to do with this thread, it's not really important at all, just there was a discussion brewing about it, and I thought I'd give my thoughts on the subject of the sales war between the two systems. That's all.

Pulse2
Maybe the first half a year the sales went through a major burst, no suprize there, it was brand new, people wanted to see what it was capable off, over the last couple of years however the sales haven't dropped dramatically but have been simply moving at a slow steady rate, however, I don't think this is what Sony is concerned about, the PSP is still selling well, maybe as not well as the DS, but the fact it is selling better then all other competition on the market at the moment is fantastic, its only 3 mill away from total worldwise xbox's sold, and it is matching PS2 sales point for point as PS2 sales gradually slow down.

The major concern for Sony is the developers not making proper use of the hardware, the PSP has next to endless posiblities, and with all the extensions, there is no excuse for developers to make pathetic ports and stick them on the PSP, if Namco can work hard making a game for PSP so can anyone else. Its because it is so easy to port that developers don't pay much attention to what they put on PSP, a shocking 60% of games on PSP are not even worth glancing at, others are fun but don't get noticed because of the top place takers such as GTA and Tekken.

Killzone was made specifically for PSP and it is a superb game, so was Locoroco, and so will Rachet and clank, there are so many games on it, so what happened to the other 60% of cack games on PSP, god knows, ask the devs, they certainly seem to be proud of the crap they spill up and stick on the PSP, its like the leftovers of a popular brand on PS2 they stick onto a PSP.

50% of my time is spent gaming and the other 50% using my PSP for other things, I have no need for much of anything else, I must admit UMDs were a waste of time, Sony should have simply added a download service so that you could download movies, would have been cheaper for them and more profitable. That service could have been shared with the PS3. The UMDs come in useful for gaming, and I would take UMD over cartridge any day for gaming, but I never buy movies, I might even consider if if UMDDVDs were cheaper then the normal DVD, but they aren't so its not worth buying them unless its playboy, lol, which a mate of mine has.

Music is superb, and I have a whole library of it, memory stick prices don't bother me, I can get them cheap, plus amazon and ebay have lots of cheap ones, you just need to be buying wise. Loading times are slightly annoying in some games, but developers have become more experienced with the hardware, and 2 minute waits for the first few PSP games have become a thing of the past, large games like GTAVC and Tekken with superb gfx take little or no time to load, so games that aren't large or graphical should take milliseconds to load. I am happy with my purchase of a PSP.

KILLA420
you guys are really cut throat about your games. i play my psp wether you guys say it sucks or not

Pulse2
you guys are really cut throat about your games. i play my psp wether you guys say it sucks or not So do I. I've never been much of a crowd follower smile Just cos everyone thinks something is great doesn't mean I have to agree with everyone :P

KILLA420
So do I. I've never been much of a crowd follower smile Just cos everyone thinks something is great doesn't mean I have to agree with everyone :P
i hear ya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.