To all new members!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKingofKINGS!
I understand you're new, and a lot of you like to use text talk, but here at KMC, we use a language called "English." This language has a lot of rules, but is really a beautiful language, and has many ways of displaying your opinion about something, and a wide array of descriptions.

RogerRamjet
i'm feeling numb...

RogerRamjet
don't project, don't connect...

Dusty
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
i'm feeling numb...

Capitalize the first letter of a sentence.

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by Dusty
Capitalize the first letter of a sentence.

since you gotta go...you better go now....go now gooooo noooooow.....oooohhhh we've already said..so long.....i don't wanna see you go...oh you better go now.....oooohhh gooooo nooow

Strangelove
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
I understand you're new, and a lot of you like to use text talk, but here at KMC, we use a language called "English." This language has a lot of rules, but is really a beautiful language, and has many ways of displaying your opinion about something, and a wide array of descriptions. It's fantastic, really smile

BlackSunshine
riiight

TheKingofKINGS!
This should be stickied. erm

~Da Rev~
I'm not quite sure whats going on. Someone want to fill me in!??

RogerRamjet
the very best in life is free....

Dusty
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
I'm not quite sure whats going on. Someone want to fill me in!??

What flavor of jelly?

Strangelove
strawberry droolio

Röland
Get the jelly. . . tw*t! haermm

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
I'm not quite sure whats going on. Someone want to fill me in!?? I felt it was necessary to alret our large influx of new members that we use proper English here. That's it.

Strangelove

~Da Rev~
I felt it was necessary to alret our large influx of new members that we use proper English here. That's it. There are new members!??! scared

Lyna303
i don understnd dis english... evillaugh

RogerRamjet
I felt it was necessary to alret our large influx of new members that we use proper English here. That's it.

and what if they're not from an english speaking country?

Dusty
and what if they're not from an english speaking country?

West Virginia?

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by Lyna303
i don understnd dis english... evillaugh

hi wave

RogerRamjet
West Virginia?

no...Sweden, Pakistan or even bloody Holland...

Röland
Originally posted by Strangelove
"Good word, bro"

"I don't even give a sh*t about the hives. I want jelly in the f*cking house! STAT! PRONTO! TONIGHT! I don't give a-I will break your neck and pour jelly all over your body and PRAY TO THE GODS OF JELLY TO BURN YOUR SOUL IN A JELLY-LIKE HELL. Now GET THE JELLY!"

Lyna303
hi wave hi big grin i thought you hated me for winning one of the 1,000 posts in the 1,000,000 posts thread

RogerRamjet
hi big grin i thought you hated me for winning one of the 1,000 posts in the 1,000,000 posts thread

i'm a lover not a hater...big grin wait!.......you were saying? confused

Strangelove

Röland
Originally posted by Strangelove
Dane Cook's a silly ***** stick out tongue

That he is. stick out tongue

TheKingofKINGS!
and what if they're not from an english speaking country? Then why are they posting on an English Only forum?

Lyna303
i'm a lover not a hater...big grin wait!.......you were saying? confused
what do you mean what was is saying?

RogerRamjet
Then why are they posting on an English Only forum?

good question...think about it this way...would you like to stick to f.ucking Pepsi throughout your whole life?

Lana
I understand you're new, and a lot of you like to use text talk, but here at KMC, we use a language called "English." This language has a lot of rules, but is really a beautiful language, and has many ways of displaying your opinion about something, and a wide array of descriptions.

Because, of course, only new members use poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar and older ones NEVER do.

Then why are they posting on an English Only forum?

Why not? A very large number of members here speak English as a second or third language. This isn't a US-based board, for that matter.

RogerRamjet
what do you mean what was is saying?

ah...forget it, my gem...how come i don't see you in the 1,000,000 thread anymore? confused

Lyna303
ah...forget it, my gem...how come i don't see you in the 1,000,000 thread anymore? confused
becuase its been taken over and the old members aren't there much anymore...its sad...

Strangelove
becuase its been taken over and the old members aren't there much anymore...its sad... I'm not in there as much as I used to for that reason erm

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by Lana

Why not? A very large number of members here speak English as a second or third language. This isn't a US-based board, for that matter. I'm well aware of that. I've come across a few German and French posters, but they had ample English skills.

RogerRamjet
becuase its been taken over and the old members aren't there much anymore...its sad...

MG, Doc, Scotte and Pict are there almost all of the time... sad

Blanka
MG, Doc, Scotte and Pict are there almost all of the time... sad and me

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by Blanka
and me

yes, and you...

Strangelove
Originally posted by Blanka
and me roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lana
I'm well aware of that. I've come across a few German and French posters, but they had ample English skills.

Not everyone can speak perfect English, though. Yeah, it drives me insane when people use textspeak and such, but if it's someone who's not a native speaker and sometimes messes up their spelling or grammar, or doesn't capitalize properly, what's the big deal?

A very large percentage of the people on KMC are not native English speakers. I'm sure I could name a few and you'd have no idea.

Lyna303
MG, Doc, Scotte and Pict are there almost all of the time... sad apparently not when im on...i see MG though

Dusty

A very large percentage of the people on KMC are not native English speakers. I'm sure I could name a few and you'd have no idea.

My native language is Klingon.

Also, JavaScript.

TheKingofKINGS!
Not everyone can speak perfect English, though. Yeah, it drives me insane when people use textspeak and such, but if it's someone who's not a native speaker and sometimes messes up their spelling or grammar, or doesn't capitalize properly, what's the big deal?

A very large percentage of the people on KMC are not native English speakers. I'm sure I could name a few and you'd have no idea. I completely agree with you. This was thread was for the purposes of eliminating text talk. Namely the mention of in in the initial post.

TheKingofKINGS!
My native language is Klingon.

Also, JavaScript. Tee-hee. Klingon. That sounds durty.

Yes, it's spelt Durty now.

Itzak

u tel thm tiger. w00t

MR.Grum
I understand you're new, and a lot of you like to use text talk, but here at KMC, we use a language called "English." This language has a lot of rules, but is really a beautiful language, and has many ways of displaying your opinion about something, and a wide array of descriptions. Huh? (Drops cookie Dough)shut up to all you noobs he's just anal about text never mind him.Hes just looking for something to make fun of. huh

BakaXero

zOMG!!!11one!one1
LOLz U RoxAz keep up D good WRk
KThxBai doped

Kongu Dude
i c wat u mean. big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinHappy Dance

Slay
I felt it was necessary to alret our large influx of new members that we use proper English here. That's it.
Yes let's ''alret'' them. This thread is nothing else than pointless bitching and trying to sound intelligent...

Morning_Glory
I understand you're new, and a lot of you like to use text talk, but here at KMC, we use a language called "English." This language has a lot of rules, but is really a beautiful language, and has many ways of displaying your opinion about something, and a wide array of descriptions. happy .... that made me feel all gooey

drewbiefan
I have noticed some members using text language on here. If I have used it, which I may have a couple of times, I do apologize. I do not write full sentences in it however, as I think it can be very hard to read.

JacopeX
Let's keep this thread alive so that all these "Newbs" Get the picture. Or sticky this thread. big grin

xXxPunkchickxXx

Not all new members use this text talk. I may be from Italy but I know what english is. And I do not need a link taking me to something.

JacopeX

xXxPunkchickxXx
I did not understand that

Slay

Bardock42
Originally posted by Slay
Van Der Sar> Casillas

Van der Sar > 50

Slay
Originally posted by Bardock42
Van der Sar > 50
What?

drewbiefan
It says all the newbies, but people that may not be new on here could type in text, sms language.

Bardock42
What?

He is old.

Slay
Originally posted by drewbiefan
It says all the newbies, but people that may not be new on here could type in text, sms language.
You joined this month, you are a newbie. erm

Slay
He is old.
So are Kahn and Lehman, you cockgobbler. Besides most great goalies are ''at age''.
Even Casillas is closing in on 30. erm

drewbiefan
Well i am not totally new, but I am not using sms language though so that cannot be aimed at me!
I said that there may be none newbies on here that could be writing in sms so why is this thread aimed at just newbies? forexample i am not using text!

Slay
Well i am not totally new, but I am not using sms language though so that cannot be aimed at me!
I said that there may be none newbies on here that could be writing in sms so why is this thread aimed at just newbies? forexample i am not using text!
But you don't capitalize the words you begin a sentence with, you forget spaces, and you don't capitalize the word ''I''. On KMC, they lynch you for that.

And, by popular unwritten KMC rules you stop being a newbie after you've been here for a year.

Bardock42
So are Kahn and Lehman, you cockgobbler. Besides most great goalies are ''at age''.
Even Casillas is closing in on 30. erm

Yeah, I was just making a statement about him being old. I was quite fond of him in the 90s. Besides his club kicking my favourite clubs ass (which made me unhappy).

Slay
Yeah, I was just making a statement about him being old. I was quite fond of him in the 90s. Besides his club kicking my favourite clubs ass (which made me unhappy). He's a good goalie. Not many goalies become the first goalie of their teams at age 18 and win the Champions League two years later... actually he's the only one that did that. You might appreciate the vid I have linked in my sig.

drewbiefan
I often forget about capitializing the I! I do not forgot on actual paper but it is very easy to forget over a computer. And that is not so text language. They are generally meaning the ones that write words like this "4rom" instead of "from", I am not doing that on this forum, I only use individual lettering like that, which does not really make my sentences hard to read like proper text language does.
Well maybe those that have been on here for longer would not use text language, but some people couldstick out tongue
But some individual letters can easily be forgotten in the capitializing part.

Bardock42
He's a good goalie. Not many goalies become the first goalie of their teams at age 18 and win the Champions League two years later... actually he's the only one that did that. You might appreciate the vid I have linked in my sig.

I will watch it. I am not into Football much anymore. Was never that big of a fan, but I am totally out of touch.

Slay
I often forget about capitializing the I! I do not forgot on actual paper but it is very easy to forget over a computer. And that is not so text language. They are generally meaning the ones that write words like this "4rom" instead of "from", I am not doing that on this forum, I only use individual lettering like that, which does not really make my sentences hard to read like proper text language does.
Well maybe those that have been on here for longer would not use text language, but some people couldstick out tongue
But some individual letters can easily be forgotten in the capitializing part.
Oh no, they're not just talking about text language. Even the smallest mistake can be fatal. Especially watch out around Syren. fear

Slay
I will watch it. I am not into Football much anymore. Was never that big of a fan, but I am totally out of touch.
Warhammer took up all your time?

drewbiefan
Oh I seemessed But still, you surely must understand what I mean when it is actually easy to forget about the I's. smile

Slay
Oh I seemessed But still, you surely must understand what I mean when it is actually easy to forget about the I's. smile
No, not really. ermm

Bardock42
Warhammer took up all your time?

Partly I suppose. Football is just nothing I am too interested in. My peers neither so that is pretty useful.

Slay
Partly I suppose. Football is just nothing I am too interested in. My peers neither so that is pretty useful.
Either way, I want to **** Heidi Klum. Although not so much now she has had a baby...

ThePittman

Bardock42
Either way, I want to **** Heidi Klum. Although not so much now she has had a baby...

Didn't she have like 3 now? But I find her very beautiful.

Kongu Dude
Originally posted by JacopeX
Let's keep this thread alive so that all these "Newbs" Get the picture. Or sticky this thread. big grin
yes

Slay
Didn't she have like 3 now? But I find her very beautiful.
Yeah, but after a woman has a baby her vagine hang like wizard sleeve.
Haha, Borat, cracks me up...

drewbiefan
Sorry, I just do not understand hw one letter can make such an issuesmile
I know it is still there but it hardly makes the sentence hard to read. Many many people forget, it is not such a prblem, just one letter!

Bardock42
Yeah, but after a woman has a baby her vagine hang like wizard sleeve.
Haha, Borat, cracks me up...

I wouldn't know. On either count.

Rogue Jedi

Ultraman Baltan
i ttly agre wit kinokingS des no0bs ned tu lern sum inglis mn .

The Pict
This should be stickied. erm

No it shouldn't.

Lana

I pointed that out already.

It was fairly ignored.

Kongu Dude
Lana's Sig is scary. oh

stick out tongue

TheKingofKINGS!
It kinda reminds me of LOTR.

Kongu Dude
Law of the Retards? hmm

TheKingofKINGS!
Lord of the Rings.
You were close though.

Kongu Dude
Lord of the Rings.
You were close though.
I see.

Yeah, I was pretty close. swe_bum_3

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by Kongu Dude
I see.

Yeah, I was pretty close. swe_bum_3 They're essentially the same thing.

Kongu Dude
They're essentially the same thing.
Yeah. stick out tongue

Lana
Originally posted by Kongu Dude
Lana's Sig is scary. oh

stick out tongue

No it's not stick out tongue

Yeah, she kind of looks like Galadriel.

They're essentially the same thing.

icon5 Lord of the Rings is awesome. Ever read the books? Or have you only seen the movies? Because if you've only seen the movies your opinion is null and void stick out tongue

Shelbert Lemon
It doesnt bother me how someone speaks so long as I can understand what they mean to say... Im no ones English teacher and certainly not a nit picker.

Kongu Dude
I've only watched Three of the LOTR Movies.

Have I missed something? ermmnone

TheKingofKINGS!

icon5 Lord of the Rings is awesome. Ever read the books? Or have you only seen the movies? Because if you've only seen the movies your opinion is null and void stick out tongue I have, I was just kidding around. I'm actually a large LOTR fan.

Bardock42

icon5 Lord of the Rings is awesome. Ever read the books? Or have you only seen the movies? Because if you've only seen the movies your opinion is null and void stick out tongue

Read the first one, was horrible. Started the second got worse. Was blinded temporarily.

Kongu Dude
I have, I was just kidding around. I'm actually a large LOTR fan.
WoW sucks, but LOTR is kinda great. hmm

TheKingofKINGS!
Read the first one, was horrible. Started the second got worse. Was blinded temporarily. laughingOriginally posted by Kongu Dude
WoW sucks, but LOTR is kinda great. hmm Yeah, WoW was pretty lame and overrated. Just like Halo.

Kongu Dude
Yeah, WoW was pretty lame and overrated. Just like Halo.
That's exactly my point.

They're too overrated, and WoW isn't that great. erm

You pay money for becoming a geek? no expression

Lame. ermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.