Watching Chick-Flicks Wid Beetches...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I am a man, I tell you! A man!

But...

Yeah, I occasionally dabble in the dark side by agreeing to sit throught a girl's movie for the sake of my lady-friend(s?).

The most recent occasion in which I watched a movie I could never see with a man-friend was last night. My beautiful girlfriend-to-be (Please Buddha!) and I went to an MTV (Rent a room, big leather sofa/bed, big screen, drinks...) place to watch Pride And Prejudice, and I must say it was a lovely movie. The perfomances were generally charming and some of the lighting was delightful...They should have bloody kissed during that sunrise though, god-damnit!

Anyway, other guilty pleasures that need a lady's company to be enjoyed include:

My Best Friend's Wedding
Love Actually
Little Women
Notting Hill
Fried Green Tomatoes
Sense and Sensibility
Amelie
How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days
Ghost
When Harry Met Sally (OK, this one is actually OK to like...)
Moulin Rouge
Shakespeare In Love
Ever After

OK, shoot me now. My credibility is gone...

I've shown you mine, now show me yours.

Impediment
I own the dvd of Ghost. Wonderful movie, IMO. I, personally, wouldn't label this a "chick flick".

My guilty pleasures are:

Steel Magnolias
When Harry met Sally
Beaches
Titanic
Pretty Woman
Thelma and Louise
Dirty Dancing

manorastroman
sixteen candles.

BackFire
Well, my ex girlfriend talked me into seeing some shitty movies, but there were a few that she initiated that turned out to be outstanding, specifically Eternal Sunshine and A Very Long Engagement.

Amelie, a chick flick or not, is a beautiful film.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

OK, shoot me now. My credibility is gone...

it was gone when you said "Wid"

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by BackFire
Well, my ex girlfriend talked me into seeing some shitty movies, but there were a few that she initiated that turned out to be outstanding, specifically Eternal Sunshine and A Very Long Engagement.

I would never class Eternal Sunshine as a chick-flick, but Amelie and A Very Long Engagement are. I liked Amelie, but I thought the other one was a bit dull. Especially the ending.

Originally posted by forumcrew

Ewww, I feel so embarrassed. Why'd I do it? Why'd I do it?

Bardock42
"Pride And Prejudice
Sense and Sensibility"

Hehe...hehe...I'll tell VVD, hehe...you are done with

Anyways of those you listed I watched

Notting Hill

Which was alrighty

How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days

Which was shit, but hey, I don't watch movies to be entertained or anything. Going by that standard it totally owned.

Moulin Rouge

Which was sweet. Ewan McGregor is ****ing cool. And Nicole Kidman is soooo bangable.

Obviously I didn't watch either one with a girlfriend, female-friend, female-acquaintance, female that hates me (though there are enough) or female (dog)....cause I'm unlovable...you don't have to tell me.

Soo lonely weep

Ya Krunk'd Floo
That's the saddest thing I've ever heard, and it almost makes me want to become a beautiful woman just so I could love you.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
That's the saddest thing I've ever heard, and it almost makes me want to become a beautiful woman just so I could love you.

Of course you do, Morrissey lyrics have that impact on the people. Of course I am not a sad and pathetic being, I get laid all night and all the girls want me...hehe...hehe....and I totally got a date for our prom..hahahahahhaah...and and...just somebody kill me, please sad

Dusty
What Women Want
Rent
Pretty Woman

Wolfie
Originally posted by BackFire

Eternal Sunshine isn't a chick flick in any way. Amelie is good too, whether or not it's considered one. I can't say about A Very Long Engagement.

Originally posted by forumcrew
And "beetches".

SnakeEyes
Garden State (if it's considered a chick flick) is definitely an excellent film; one of my favorites.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Of course you do, Morrissey lyrics have that impact on the people. Of course I am not a sad and pathetic being, I get laid all night and all the girls want me...hehe...hehe....and I totally got a date for our prom..hahahahahhaah...and and...just somebody kill me, please sad

If you give a little love it will all come back to you (la la la la la la la).

Originally posted by Wolfie
And "beetches".

So basically I sabotaged myself. How embarrassing. I'll never do that again.

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Garden State (if it's considered a chick flick) is definitely an excellent film; one of my favorites.

Nah, Garden State is too neutral to be considered a chick-flick. It's gotta be really sweet in a girly-way to qualify. My Best Friend's Wedding is a perfect example. Moulin Rouge is just an excellent film, but it still qualifies because you couldn't get the boys over to watch it and drink a few beers. I'm talking about films that allow us men (grrrr...) to show our sensitive sides...

Darth Vicious
Hmmm I dont think Ghost is a chick flick, If it is, I like it! guilty as charged.

Other guilty pleasures that I watch whenever they are on:
Message in a Bottle
Serendipity (Kate Beckinsale is simply gorgeous!)
What Women Want
How to Lose a Guy in 10 days

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Why aren't there any posts from the female of the species in this thread devoted to movies of their ilk? It irks me awfully, so it does.

BackFire
Because they only "like" those types of movies to annoy us. Come on, man, look past the mirror.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, I see. Beetches!

jaden101
i only own 1 film that can be put into the rom-com catagory and can be considered more of a chick flick...garden state...

life is beautiful also goes down well with female company because it hits every emotion possible...same with forrest gump

manorastroman
garden state is, if possible, even MORE overrated than donnie darko.
there's a lotta romantic comedies that aren't chick flicks, like annie hall. romantic dramas are even less chick-y. buffalo '66 anyone?

wuTa
Originally posted by manorastroman
sixteen candles.

This is not a chick flick, its a classic John Hughes comedy.

"What are you bitching about?! I have to sleep under a Chinamen named after a Duck's D!ck"

Farmer Ted+Long Duck Dong= F*kin Genius!!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by manorastroman
garden state is, if possible, even MORE overrated than donnie darko.
there's a lotta romantic comedies that aren't chick flicks, like annie hall. romantic dramas are even less chick-y. buffalo '66 anyone?

Wurd to yer momma.

Even though I classed it as one, When Harry Met Sally is simply just a great, great movie. I'd really like people to start owning up to liking some really sickly sweet movies like the ones Darth Vicious spewed-up.

Many a girl has told me that The Notebook is the "most lovliest of lovely movies", any man-person care to admit they agree? (I haven't seen it. Yet...)

As a side-note, who can recommend some good date-movies? Perhaps they are the same as chicko-flickos, but maybe not. Maybe not...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.