Fundraisers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
At school, the drama club is trying to find original ideas for fundraisers, but so far have come up dry.

We need something simple that can be done during school hours and isn't being done by every other clcub in the school. So far we've done bake sales, pizza sales, candy sales and 50/50 raffle. Anyone have any ideas?

The Core
Raffle off a date with yourself.

debbiejo
Give to what YOU feel is important.

Naz
The chior at my school sold coffee.

Bardock42
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
At school, the drama club is trying to find original ideas for fundraisers, but so far have come up dry.

We need something simple that can be done during school hours and isn't being done by every other clcub in the school. So far we've done bake sales, pizza sales, candy sales and 50/50 raffle. Anyone have any ideas?

Why don't you go to your town centre and make some performance, I know it's like begging, but hey isn't that what fund-raising is generally. Also, cause you are the drama club and all.

debbiejo
There are lots of ways to get money for the needy. Once we all went door to door collecting empty bottles and cans.....They are 10 cents, some 15 a piece for refunds.......You can make a lot of money that way...Then we bought items and sent them to needy people over seas...

lil bitchiness

Bardock42

Fishy
That's pretty cool smile

Anyways sell your body's for cash, if your good looking that will make you money and who knows you might actually enjoy yourself in the progress.

allofyousuckkk
Originally posted by Fishy
That's pretty cool smile

Anyways sell your body's for cash, if your good looking that will make you money and who knows you might actually enjoy yourself in the progress.

eh, already tried that
noone wants to buy(im not bad looking though)
but ya, in high school, girls seem to be able to magically get some

idk how

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Bardock42
You got money to do something charitable? I mean. SICK.

Amnesty International are not a charity. They are a pressure group. There is a part of Amnesty which has a charitable status...I think.

Les than 2% of the money Amnesty gets goes towards administration. We were part of administration (that and sending out the leaflets and other taunting things people hate)

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Amnesty International are not a charity. They are a pressure group. There is a part of Amnesty which has a charitable status...I think.

Les than 2% of the money Amnesty gets goes towards administration. We were part of administration (that and sending out the leaflets and other taunting things people hate)

If it was 1% maybe there wouldn't be no death penalty in the US no more (note the Anglo Saxon usage of the the double negative)

lil bitchiness
If it was 1% maybe there wouldn't be no death penalty in the US no more (note the Anglo Saxon usage of the the double negative)

You dissin'?

Ugh, there is a huge political devision within Amnesty now, because some people think Amnesty has gone pro-abortion, other things its gone anti...its all just a big mess now. When did the abortion become an issue, I don't know.

Bardock42
You dissin'?

Ugh, there is a huge political devision within Amnesty now, because some people think Amnesty has gone pro-abortion, other things its gone anti...its all just a big mess now. When did the abortion become an issue, I don't know.

Apparently I am.

Well, I suppose one could claim abortion to be a reasonable part for Amnesty. I suppose either way, depending on your POV it could be protecting the rights of women and girls or the rights of people (if you would define foeti as people).

lil bitchiness
Apparently I am.

Well, I suppose one could claim abortion to be a reasonable part for Amnesty. I suppose either way, depending on your POV it could be protecting the rights of women and girls or the rights of people (if you would define foeti as people).

The problem is, Amnesty was not supposed to claim either perspective and people believe it has moved from its fundemantal belief - war, political prisoners, weapon trafficking, and only recently rights of women.

Meh, you can't make everyone happy.

botankus
Since you probably can't call it "Slave Day" anymore, do the whateveryouwanttocallitnow Day, where you auction off individuals to be your servant for one day. You're probably not popular, so get the head cheerleaders, football jocks, and hootchie mamas up on stage and auction them off for $$$$.

Bardock42
The problem is, Amnesty was not supposed to claim either perspective and people believe it has moved from its fundemantal belief - war, political prisoners, weapon trafficking, and only recently rights of women.

Meh, you can't make everyone happy.

Hey I think they should support whatever they find supportworthy. Don't see why they'd have to stick to what they were originally founded for.

lil bitchiness
Hey I think they should support whatever they find supportworthy. Don't see why they'd have to stick to what they were originally founded for.

I agree. But a lot of people do not. Some even efused to be part of Amnesty anylonger because of the whole woman issues that they are contrencating on.

Amnesty International stands for human rights, so it should be spread out...people can be assholes.

Bardock42
I agree. But a lot of people do not. Some even efused to be part of Amnesty anylonger because of the whole woman issues that they are contrencating on.

Amnesty International stands for human rights, so it should be spread out...people can be assholes.

I agree, the basic idea is human rights. Just because that was specified doesn't mean it isn't still what is supposed to be supported.

sithsaber408

If your drama club still needs a fundraiser, PM me.

I work for YFA (your fundraising answer) in Rocklin, CA.

We're a fundraising supplier, meaning that the groups bringing candy or gift wrap programs to your school would buy from us, or one of our competitors.

However, we have the licsensing rights to an awesome product:

ASAP microwave popcorn.

It blows up into 3-D shapes, like baseballs, basketballs, etc....

Plus, it's made to fully comply with SB-11 and SB-19, the new Healthy Schools Initiatives, that are taking away candy sales and soda machines on campus for many schools.

It's a great fundraiser, requires no investment (you sell through order taker brochures), and if you can get 100 kids to sell 1 case each (which is 6 bags of popcorn, as opposed to the traditional 52 candy bars) you make a profit of $2100 for your group!

Even more if some of the kids are go-getters that sell 2 or 3 cases each.

(again, that's only 12 or 18 bags of popcorn)

If this sounds good to you, check out our website:

www.yfausa.com (I'm on the contact page, my name is Bryan)

Then give me a call and I'll get your club leader or activities directors info. and put them in touch with one of my distributors.

MODS: I'm not trying to spam or anything, just linking to a place that can help with fundraising. (that I happen to work at) stick out tongue

allofyousuckkk
thanx sith, ill print this out and bring it to my teacher

and to the person who said that i should sell people as slaves for a day. just bc your in drama, doesn't mean ur a loser, im pretty popular myself :P

sithsaber408
thumb up

Cool, just PM me or use the phone number on the "contact us" section of our website if the group decides to use the popcorn for a fundraising event.

I'll set things up between your group's decision maker and one of my distributors.

Good luck with the drama club!

botankus
thanx sith, ill print this out and bring it to my teacher

and to the person who said that i should sell people as slaves for a day. just bc your in drama, doesn't mean ur a loser, im pretty popular myself :P

I didn't say you were a loser. I just said you probably weren't popular with the student body.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.