Random program giving me nightmares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
So when I got this comp it came with all of the typical advertisement, 30-day-trial programs. Now I went into control panel and removed all of these. But one of them is gving me problems. The program was called Vongo, and when I try and uninstall it I get an error message, and the program remains. This wouldnt bother me too much, except that now, every time I log on, windows installer pops up telling me its configuring Vongo. But nothing happens, and the same message just keeps popping up. It happens every time I log onto my windows username, and occasionally will happen at seemingly random times

What is the problem here? Do I need to fix windows or Vongo? Any help at all would be appreciated, this is really starting to bug me.

Prabhodh
What does the error message read when you try to uninstall it?

EDIT: http://alpha-forums.cnet.com/5208-7587_102-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=201778&messageID=2163108

Hope that helps.

BakaXero
download a program called "hijack this"
when you start it up it should come up with a list of running apps go through the list and delete the ones you are sure should not be there. google the ones your not so sure about.

El_NINO
I have a feeling the error message says "Cannot uninstall because the program is in use".

To remove it you must first go into Task Manager and stop that programs process in other words stop it from running. Once you have done that then you can uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.