New Arcade Fire Album

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kitay
Listening to this this morning and by god are they back on form.

Anyone that knows the band should know these guys are pure stunning.

Check out their new track here which is immense.

Cant wait!

Song Link

~Da Rev~
Big fan of the band, this one excites me to the max.

Solo
That's real old, man. Listened to that shit sometime around their debut album's release. But it'd definitely be a great single.

I'm a huge fan, though. They're one of my favorites.

Phat J
whats arcade fires best album?

StinkFist462
personally i like thir Arcade Fire EP over Funeral. but both are beyond amazing.

Phat J
im just trying to get into some new rock music and i dont know where to start

Solo
You'd probably want to start off with Funeral.

Phat J
thats what i dled, i havent listened to it yet though.

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by StinkFist462
personally i like thir Arcade Fire EP over Funeral. but both are beyond amazing. I'm going to have to completely agree with you on that one. I liked funeral, not as much as i liked their EP

Solo
The new album is named Neon Bible.

Solo
The album has been leaked, it's amazing.

Solo
email= [email protected]
pw= 12345

You're going to need winrar to extract the tracks, though.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Solo

email= [email protected]
pw= 12345

You're going to need winrar to extract the tracks, though.

Take the link down.

If downloading is your thing, sucky, but up to you. Don't aid people trying to rip bands off, it's not cool.

-AC

Solo
I'll be buying the album the day it comes out, but until then this'll do.

Slay
Originally posted by Solo
I'll be buying the album the day it comes out, but until then this'll do.
Can you assure that the other people who download it will buy the actual album? No you can't. So it still is best if you take the link down.

Solo
Originally posted by Slay
Can you assure that the other people who download it will buy the actual album? No you can't. So it still is best if you take the link down.
I'll go ahead and assume that only fans will be downloading this, and if fans are downloading this, I'll make a second assumption that they'll be buying it as well.

manorastroman
downloading is much, much less harmful than the suits would have you believe. bands make the vast majority of their money touring, anyway.

how is it possible to like EP more than funeral? EP is good, a few songs being quite good, but blatantly inferior to funeral.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by manorastroman
downloading is much, much less harmful than the suits would have you believe. bands make the vast majority of their money touring, anyway.

Ahh the opinions of the unaware.

Go do research.

-AC

StinkFist462
Neon Bible is very good.

i recommend the DL.

Solo
Live Webcast on February 17

http://www.arcadefire.net/news/arcade-fire-live-on-npr/

manorastroman
the more i listen to this album, the better it gets. it might even be better than funeral. i love the bruce springsteen influence.

Solo
Yeah, it's growing on me.

Bardock42
I gots it, I gots it w00t

Pretty ****ing excellent so far...favourite might be Intervention at the moment...but that's a first listen

manorastroman
intervention is the best track at first...after intervention, i got really into keep the car running, followed by well and the lighthouse. lately windowsill has been blowing my mind.

the only tracks i don't like are my body is a cage and the first half of black wave/bad vibrations (the part sung by regine).

StinkFist462
intervention is the best track at first...after intervention, i got really into keep the car running, followed by well and the lighthouse. lately windowsill has been blowing my mind.

the only tracks i don't like are my body is a cage and the first half of black wave/bad vibrations (the part sung by regine).

i like the first half of Black Waves/Bad Vibration slightly more. i like the whole up beat sound and feel to it. then again i also love the second half. the whole general dark sound of it and the really long crunching distortion in the background.

Solo
I haven't been disappointed by any track The Arcade Fire have released.

Bardock42
The new one didn't kick in like the first so far

manorastroman
the transfer from the well part to the lighthouse part on "well and the lighthouse" might be my favorite musical moment so far this year.

Bardock42
Neon Bible and The Well and the Lighthouse are quite amazing, too. I decided. So it is.

EPIIIBITES
Did anyone see them on SNL?...one of the best sounding performances I think I've seen on that show.

They played intervention and another new one.

Canada...proud.

StinkFist462
i didnt think their SNL performance was on par (or even comparable) to the time they came to MPLS at 1st ave. during the time Funeral was released.

manorastroman
my love for this album is fading a little bit. it's still very very good, but some of the lyrics seem to be riding the line between cheesy (every spark of friendship and love will die without a home) to god awful (mtv, what have you done to me...save my soul, set me free)

Captain Maynard
This whole CD is fantastic (IMO). I had respect for this band, this just pushes that respect. I enjoy their sound as a whole, all the instruments they use and how they use them to get the fullest sound out of them. I enjoy the darker sounds in Intervention, the beautiful organ sound droolio. I'm a fan of all these songs, they're all fantastic.

Alpha Centauri
my love for this album is fading a little bit. it's still very very good, but some of the lyrics seem to be riding the line between cheesy (every spark of friendship and love will die without a home) to god awful (mtv, what have you done to me...save my soul, set me free)

Yeah, because words should make you dislike the music, shouldn't they? Makes perfect sense.

-AC

Solo
Just bought it, brilliant.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yeah, because words should make you dislike the music, shouldn't they? Makes perfect sense.

-AC
Why so confrontational with this guy? I can tell what he means.

You can't totally enjoy a "song", when "part" of the song (the lyrics) are making it undesirable for you.

It's like I've seen a good movie with a score that's so bad that it distracts from all the other great stuff in the film.

I have a problem with that group Underworld. They have some amazing synth savvy and lay down some kicking beats...but at the end of the day, I'm afraid to say they just sound kinda nerdy with some of the lyrics.

They keep throwing in these corny lyrics...and in a corny fashion as well (scatting and all that), and it's like..."please just shut up and let the beats drop".

It's a constant complaint I hear about that group.

As far as Arcade Fire, I can't imagine their lyrics have gone all that bad...but I still get his point.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
Why so confrontational with this guy? I can tell what he means.

You can't totally enjoy a "song", when "part" of the song (the lyrics) are making it undesirable for you.

It's like I've seen a good movie with a score that's so bad that it distracts from all the other great stuff in the film.

I have a problem with that group Underworld. They have some amazing synth savvy and lay down some kicking beats...but at the end of the day, I'm afraid to say they just sound kinda nerdy with some of the lyrics.

They keep throwing in these corny lyrics...and in a corny fashion as well (scatting and all that), and it's like..."please just shut up and let the beats drop".

It's a constant complaint I hear about that group.

As far as Arcade Fire, I can't imagine their lyrics have gone all that bad...but I still get his point.

No, I perfectly understood that the lyrics made it undesireable for him.

My point was; They shouldn't, because that makes no sense.

If they do, fine. Doesn't make it a sensible comment, though.

-AC

manorastroman
groan. i didn't use the word "music". i said "album". are lyrics no longer a part of songwriting OR a listening experience?

Alpha Centauri
Don't leap if you can't land.

If the lyrics are making you dislike the album, it applies to music also doesn't it?

Too many cretins on this site.

-AC

The Core
That's a pretty extreme view, IMO. You just...ignore lyrics for the sake of music?

manorastroman
yes. it applies to the instrumentation, the lyrics, the vocals, the production, the concept. everything really. but i specifically said the LYRICS are making me like the ALBUM less. this means that the bad lyrics are taking off tally points on the overall album score. do i really have to spell this out for you?

Captain Maynard
yes. it applies to the instrumentation, the lyrics, the vocals, the production, the concept. everything really. but i specifically said the LYRICS are making me like the ALBUM less. this means that the bad lyrics are taking off tally points on the overall album score. do i really have to spell this out for you? Vocals and Lyrics do not have to have anything to do with anything. They could be singing "shit" over and over again and that wouldn't effect on their musicianship

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by The Core
That's a pretty extreme view, IMO. You just...ignore lyrics for the sake of music?

I don't go out of my way to ignore lyrics, I don't go out of my way to pay attention. They neither make nor break music or albums for me. I don't buy music for words, and anybody who does is stupid or has absolutely no right to complain. Buy a spoken word CD, download the lyrics, don't buy the music then moan about the words.

yes. it applies to the instrumentation, the lyrics, the vocals, the production, the concept. everything really. but i specifically said the LYRICS are making me like the ALBUM less. this means that the bad lyrics are taking off tally points on the overall album score. do i really have to spell this out for you?

Such an idiot.

I know what you're saying, and I'm saying it's stupid. The lyrics being "bad" to you, is what's making you like the album (Which includes the music) less. You can't say "It's making me dislike the album, which includes the instrumentation, but I'm not specifically referring to the music.". Specifically or non, you're referring to the music.

I could understand if you bought a piece of paper and didn't like what was written on it. I don't see the sense in buying a music CD and then complaining about words, probably cos there's no sense there.

-AC

manorastroman
Originally posted by Captain Maynard
Vocals and Lyrics do not have to have anything to do with anything. They could be singing "shit" over and over again and that wouldn't effect on their musicianship

i know, but it would have an effect on the album. did you misread or something?

it's especially silly point to make in this case, seeing as neon bible is very clearly a concept album. how can you NOT judge a concept album on the basis of lyrics (though not lyrics exclusively)?

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Such an idiot.

I know what you're saying, and I'm saying it's stupid. The lyrics being "bad" to you, is what's making you like the album (Which includes the music) less. You can't say "It's making me dislike the album, which includes the instrumentation, but I'm not specifically referring to the music.". Specifically or non, you're referring to the music.

I could understand if you bought a piece of paper and didn't like what was written on it. I don't see the sense in buying a music CD and then complaining about words, probably cos there's no sense there.

-AC

i take solace in the fact that your opinion (like most of your opinions) is egregiously individualist and mostly stupid.

i very well can say that the lyrics make me like an album less without referring to the music itself. i'm referring to the album as a whole; the lyrics don't change my opinion on the music, but they do change my opinion on the album as a whole. or did lyrics just go from A (not part of the songwriting process, not part of the listening process) to B (apparently indistinguishable from the music, as saying i dislike one seemingly means i dislike the other)?

The Core
Originally posted by Captain Maynard
Vocals and Lyrics do not have to have anything to do with anything. They could be singing "shit" over and over again and that wouldn't effect on their musicianship

Lyrics, maybe not. Vocals, absolutely. A lot of bands have to stylize their vocals to either fit or distinguish themselves from other bands in their genre. While they could sing "shit" over and over again, it's ultimately how they go about crafting it that does make a difference.

I could sit here and draw parallels amongst many a "hardcore" band, and they'll usually come out on par with one another in lyrical content , delivery and even the actual musicianship, pertaining to instruments. If the lyrics are indecipherable, and the music is the same as the next band in their genre, what's left? Their image, which is why I more or less disregard the genre.

When it comes to Hip Hop, I think it's a totally different story. In that arena, delivery and lyrical content are those artists bread and butter.

Alpha Centauri
i take solace in the fact that your opinion (like most of your opinions) is egregiously individualist and mostly stupid.

My opinions are quite clearly not mostly stupid, that's just you speaking with an over-generalisation because you're angry.

I absolve thee.

i very well can say that the lyrics make me like an album less without referring to the music itself. i'm referring to the album as a whole; the lyrics don't change my opinion on the music, but they do change my opinion on the album as a whole. or did lyrics just go from A (not part of the songwriting process, not part of the listening process) to B (apparently indistinguishable from the music, as saying i dislike one seemingly means i dislike the other)?

Then fair enough. You're now explicitly stating the lyrics hold no sway over your opinion of the music, to which I agree.

-AC

papabeard
meh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.