Bouldering/Rock Climbing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

goatstradamus
Hey
Does anybody here like to boulder or rock climb?

I am fairly new to the sport, I have not done much rock climbing but have been bouldering a lot lately, I try to go to the rock gym 3-4 times a week. I really started getting into it summer 2006.
The sport is amazing IMO. When you first start out it seems your just working on developing the right muscles in your arms and getting down basic technique and then later on as the grade gets higher strength seems to not matter as much if you don't have correct balance and amazing technique. And the injuries.. it seems to be one of the most dangerous and painful sports out there.. so far I have had to sit out for 2 months because I pulled a ligament in my arm and I also broke my foot from a fall.
I am addicted to this sport.
Anybody else feel the same? or have anything to say on the topic?
Opinions, experiences?

Never heard of bouldering? check this out...
video of Chris Sharma sending an insanely hard bouldering problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2jHte0Zv5U

chillybanana
My boyfriend is really into rock climbing. He is a good climber. Yesterday he took me for the first time climbing outdoors (I have been into an indoor wall) and although I was terrified at first, I really got into it, especially when I got more confident with my footing and was able to rely on the strength of my legs rather than straining my arms to hold on. I managed a couple of challenging climbs and it was great to get to the top. Not that I was climbing too high stick out tongue. I'd really like to do more climbing, although it'll be a long time til I'm any good stick out tongue

Any other climbers out there?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.