Illuminati War!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
If all the members of the Illuminati went into an all out war using all the resources at their disposal who do you think would come out on top?

The Illuminati:
Ironman (Tony Stark)
Dr. Strange (Stephen Strange)
Professor X (Charles Xavier)
Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
Namor (The King of Atlantis)
Black Bolt (The King of The Inhumans)

The each have one week to prepare in any way possible. Which one takes it?
war

DarkCrawler
1. Doctor Strange
2. Black Bolt
3. Namor
4. Mr. Fantastic
5. Iron Man
6. Xavier

Madvillain
Either Dr. Strange or Reed Richards. Strange's magic and the Ultimater Nullifier trump anything else.

marvelprince
I gotta go with

Reed
Tony
Black Bolt
Strange
Namor
Xavier

Xavier doesn't have any powers now so I didn't factor him, Reed and Tony are both smart enough to come up with ways to neutralize the others before they can use their powers. Strange is tough but he can take time to really do stuff while Black Bolt just has to crack his mouth. Namor is tough in a face to face confrontation but with prep the others have him trumped and short of Xavier gathering all the available mutants behind him I can't see him doing much

Metalmanx
1. Dr. Strange--His magic is too powerful.
2. Xavier--If he pulled all of his resources (advanced alien tech, for example) and every mutant who has served on an X-Team of sorts, they'll definitely pull the second place from the Illuminati.

I'm honestly not really sure about the others.

Edit: I'm also figuring that you mean Xavier with powers, unless I'm mistaken.

Entity
Originally posted by Metalmanx
1. Dr. Strange--His magic is too powerful.
2. Xavier--If he pulled all of his resources (advanced alien tech, for example) and every mutant who has served on an X-Team of sorts, they'll definitely pull the second place from the Illuminati.

I'm honestly not really sure about the others.

Edit: I'm also figuring that you mean Xavier with powers, unless I'm mistaken.

Yes I did and that was how I saw it going down too. I honestly don't see why so many are just factoring him out of this equation. Even without his powers he still has quit a bit of help and infulence amoug the mutant population.

I could also see Reed or Tony coming up with something to dominate as well. Don't see allot beating Strange's magic thou. stick out tongue

marvelprince
Well i placed him on the lower level cause I know that right now not a lot of mutants are very happen with him, especially with the events of Deadly Genesis

Metalmanx
Originally posted by marvelprince
Well i placed him on the lower level cause I know that right now not a lot of mutants are very happen with him, especially with the events of Deadly Genesis

True, but I was factoring in the stuff from the original post:

"If all the members of the Illuminati went into an all out war using all the resources at their disposal who do you think would come out on top?

The each have one week to prepare in any way possible. Which one takes it?"

Assuming Xavier's cool with the mutants, he could pull a GIANT, nearly unstoppable army.

marvelprince
Well then how come you don't place Black Bolt higher up on the list. The mutant population took a serious hit so their numbers probably aren't more than the Inhuman's numbers, not to mention that while not all mutants will rally behind Xavier all the Inhumans will follow Black Bolt without fail. Oh and Namor's people are plentiful in number so if we're talking bout armies we can't forget him.

The more I think bout this the harder it is for me to decide a winner

Entity
True, but I was factoring in the stuff from the original post:

"If all the members of the Illuminati went into an all out war using all the resources at their disposal who do you think would come out on top?

The each have one week to prepare in any way possible. Which one takes it?"

Assuming Xavier's cool with the mutants, he could pull a GIANT, nearly unstoppable army.

Just what I was thinking. Same with Tony and the Avengers or Reed with all the resources he has.

This would be a living hell for all of 616! I really think something like that would even be much worse than Civil War! confused

Metalmanx
Well then how come you don't place Black Bolt higher up on the list. The mutant population took a serious hit so their numbers probably aren't more than the Inhuman's numbers, not to mention that while not all mutants will rally behind Xavier all the Inhumans will follow Black Bolt without fail. Oh and Namor's people are plentiful in number so if we're talking bout armies we can't forget him.

The more I think bout this the harder it is for me to decide a winner

Another good point.

Hey, Entity? For the mutants, is this pre or post Decimation? Meaning, are there only 198 mutants to select from now? Or are there the previous 2 million something?

Entity
Another good point.

Hey, Entity? For the mutants, is this pre or post Decimation? Meaning, are there only 198 mutants to select from now? Or are there the previous 2 million something?

Well, I was thinking pre but, the more I think about it, it would greatly even things if it was post. Making it allot more interesting a read if this was in a comic. So I think I will go with post.

Does anyone have an idea as to the Inhumans exact numbers???
Just a ballpark figure. I really have absolutly no idea. I just thought they were about the size of a medium level city. Maybe smaller.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Entity
Well, I was thinking pre but, the more I think about it, it would greatly even things if it was post. Making it allot more interesting a read if this was in a comic. So I think I will go with post.

Does anyone have an idea as to the Inhumans exact numbers???
Just a ballpark figure. I really have absolutly no idea. I just thought they were about the size of a medium level city. Maybe smaller.

Okay, at least that's clarified. I still think that Xavier and the mutants would be a VAST force with which to be reckoned. I mean, even the remaining mutants are still some of the most powerful and versatile mutants there ever were. Know what I mean?

masterbruce
strange ftw

Entity
Okay, at least that's clarified. I still think that Xavier and the mutants would be a VAST force with which to be reckoned. I mean, even the remaining mutants are still some of the most powerful and versatile mutants there ever were. Know what I mean?

Absolutely, that is why I say post. If this were pre there would be much less of a fight.

inamilist
wait

so namor would get the entire Atlantian armed forces and advanced technology?

How many of those mer-people live in Atlantis... and don't they have powerful sorceres in their own right?

marvelprince
Originally posted by inamilist
wait

so namor would get the entire Atlantian armed forces and advanced technology?

How many of those mer-people live in Atlantis... and don't they have powerful sorceres in their own right?

Yup. Thats why I say its so hard to call this one. Everyone has a army, Strange is a walking deux ex machina and Reed has doomsday devices laying about everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony was learning to harness the power of the Void in order to fight too. This would be a HUGE fight. Forget Civil War, this is cause for concern

inamilist
Yup. Thats why I say its so hard to call this one. Everyone has a army, Strange is a walking deux ex machina and Reed has doomsday devices laying about everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony was learning to harness the power of the Void in order to fight too. This would be a HUGE fight. Forget Civil War, this is cause for concern

This would be ww3

atlantis vs the inhumans vs mutants vs shield

reed and strange are uber powerful, and might have those "doomsday" type plotholes... but really, short of them holding the universe hostage with the nullifier or something, I don't see them as being as major a threat

marvelprince
Originally posted by inamilist
This would be ww3

atlantis vs the inhumans vs mutants vs shield

reed and strange are uber powerful, and might have those "doomsday" type plotholes... but really, short of them holding the universe hostage with the nullifier or something, I don't see them as being as major a threat

Well Tony would have SHIELD backing him so there's his army and Reed can just use his son if he needs to.

Evangel94
All their resources?

In order of who would win...

1. Doctor Strange
2. Mr. Fantastic
3. Iron Man
4. Xavier
5. Namor & Black Bolt tie for 5th

MightyEInherjar
If it's all out war, bloodlust, no holds, Strange wins this every time. He can retreat to his fortress till he's had enough prep, and then there's nothing that's going to be able to stop him from simply flying out into space and destroying Earth.

With all of his feats and such...blowing up Earth would be nothing to him if he had the will to destroy his own planet.

Entity
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
If it's all out war, bloodlust, no holds, Strange wins this every time. He can retreat to his fortress till he's had enough prep, and then there's nothing that's going to be able to stop him from simply flying out into space and destroying Earth.

With all of his feats and such...blowing up Earth would be nothing to him if he had the will to destroy his own planet.

Yea, I really don't see Strange going that far or, even needing to. I mean this is his home and I don't see Strange destroying all those innocent lives in the process. This is more just about them fighting each other because they believe they are right. Not them all trying to completely destroy the rest of the teams and planet into oblivion!

So no global blowup

bigbran
Originally posted by Madvillain
Either Dr. Strange or Reed Richards. Strange's magic and the Ultimater Nullifier trump anything else. Find me a scan of when Reed has ever had the UN at his disposal.

OK:
1. Doctor Strange
2. Doctor Strange
3. Doctor Strange
4. Doctor Strange
5. Doctor Strange
6. Black Bolt

Entity
Originally posted by bigbran
Find me a scan of when Reed has ever had the UN at his disposal.

OK:
1. Doctor Strange
2. Doctor Strange
3. Doctor Strange
4. Doctor Strange
5. Doctor Strange
6. Black Bolt

Why stop at Black Bolt?
Strange can't cast him in another demention or something too?

bigbran
Originally posted by Entity
Why stop at Black Bolt?
Strange can't cast him in another demention or something too? Ya, but I had to give another team member some sort of credit.
Black Bolt gets 6th, Strange gets the rest.

long pig
Strange stops the Earth from spinning which for some reason results in a global time stop. He then proceeds to stab everyone with a knife.

Knifing FTW.

Entity
Originally posted by long pig
Strange stops the Earth from spinning which for some reason results in a global time stop. He then proceeds to stab everyone with a knife.

Knifing FTW.

Wouldn't that be just a tad bit tedious???
I mean really that would take forever. I really think Strange could come up with something a little better than that.

lando005
i'm going with tony on this one with his behavior as of late he's more underhanded than the others if he plays it dirty he can catch the others off guard

Entity
Originally posted by lando005
i'm going with tony on this one with his behavior as of late he's more underhanded than the others if he plays it dirty he can catch the others off guard

Stark is very good at using deception and manipulation to even the odds and like the others said, I am sure he would have shield to help him in a situation like this.

No way do I see him and shield outdoing Dr. Strange or a full scale attack from either, Black Bolt and the Inhumans or Xavier and the mutant population. Even if it is just 198 they still have a vast amount of resources at their disposal.

marvelprince
Well Tony has been acting like Batman on crack with these contingency plans as of late. I can so see a scenario were he reveals that in all of their meetings he's been thinking of ways to put them down. He freezes Reed, makes Namor afraid of water, traps Charles in a virtual world where he believes he'll have to continually use his powers to survive, convinces Doctor Strange that magic doesn't exist and successfully teaches Black Bolt sign language. (Most of those plans courtesy of Batman ala Tower of Babel btw).

There are so many turns this thing can take, especially with prep. Lets not factor out BB. Everyone seems keen on Strange ftw but in the time it takes Strange to cast a spell Black Bolt could just yell "Surprise!". Sure it'll take out Canada but he'll score a win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.