Desktop "Theme" ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kelly_LS
Alright this isn't really a "problem" but I've been wanting some help with it. I know a desktop theme is the wallpaper of your computer right? Well is it possible, I know it has to be, to change the appearance of the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and the start menu and stuff? I know you can change it to classic or windows xp style (since I have xp) but I've been wanting to change it to a black theme with some silver colored text or whatever and I've seen it on someone's snapshot in the "Show off your Desktop" thread, so can I get some help please?

El_NINO
Yes its possible, I believe you need to patch your XP first with a file to bypass security. I used to do it but not anymore.

Here is a good place to start:
http://www.wincustomize.com/index.aspx

If you want to learn more just search for " Windows XP themes"

Kelly_LS
Alright thanks. One problem, they're all technical looking themes. I just want one that changes my taskbar/start menu to black with white/silver text but I can't seem to find one.

El_NINO
You cant change just the taskbar, you have to change the entire theme to do so. Unlike changing window colors, taskbar goes together with your theme.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.