opinion on the best mp3 player

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phat J
i need everybodys opinion on something. im getting an mp3 player and i wanted to know which type is the best and least likely to break in a year. i was going to get an ipod but ive been talking to a couple people and they had problems with theirs. im getting a 20 or 30 gig one so its gonna be 300 plus dollards so i wanna get the bets kind. i remember hearing about an mp3 called zen and that it was cheaper and much better than the ipod. does anybody know about this?

i realize that this thread is probably going to get closed but i dont know where to put it so ****it. post quick before a mod sees it. or someone who'll report it. (im lookin at you AC stick out tongue )

Marxman
Whatever you get, get it with whatever the best warranty is. Trust me, you'll thank yourself. If you're anything like me, you bring your music where ever you go. Many things can happen. You could drop it on the ground and it breaks, drop it in a puddle, sit on it the wrong way and it snaps. Just get the warranty.

Phat J
yeah i plan on getting the warranty, they can expensive though.

Marxman
Think of it this way. They warranty is another $50 at the most. If you break your player, you get another for free or a small fee. If you don't get it you'll have to pay another $300 to get a new one. Plus if you're lucky, the one you buy will go out of production and you'll end up getting a better version.

Phat J
should i get a zen or an ipod?

~Flamboyant~
My friend had a Zen, and I tried it. The touch pad is extremely sensetive making it hard to use. I would go for the ipod. I've never had any problems with mine.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~
My friend had a Zen, and I tried it. The touch pad is extremely sensetive making it hard to use. I would go for the ipod. I've never had any problems with mine.

It's funny, I have a Zen!!!! And its SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Phat, lemme mix ths up foryou, homeslice! Ipods are wiggitywack, if you dig my scoop.Zen is all zen baby! It would take a monkey three shakes to figure out the touch pad! Zen is the way of the future for real! They so far off the chain, I can't even come up with an unfunny joke! laughing

Seriously, a Zen V would be my definite choice. I'm saving for one right now!! eek! Ipods are waaaaaaaaaay over rated, Zen is much smoother, sleeker technology. It's a bit big, but that's like, then only bug, IMO. Also, make sure to cop some real headphones (don't be too shocked if the free ones break next week). Once you get a handle on the touch pad's sensitivity (which you can change) you'll love it and find Ipods unreactive and slow. Make the right choice, cuz! Cop dat Zen ishh Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Phat J
i think im gonna get a 30 gb ipod video and the warranty to go with it.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by Phat J
i think im gonna get a 30 gb ipod video and the warranty to go with it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! mad go read my post!!!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, get the iPod. It's the coolest, bestest, superest thing out there. I really can't comprehend why anyone would choose anything else. Well...I guess they could be idiots. That would be one explanation. Or poor, but that's the same thing. Arghahahahahahahaha, stupid poor people! Arghahahahahahaha.

jaden101
i recently got the 80gb ipod...does the job for me...despite the fact that i promised myself i wouldn't succumb to the ipod generation

i used to use the sony NW-HD3...20gb...it was almost full were her indoors decided to take my jacket out of my cupboard and put it in the wash without checking the pockets....genius

i hear some good things about the microsoft zune...gives you a different option

lorddreamer
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, get the iPod. It's the coolest, bestest, superest thing out there. I really can't comprehend why anyone would choose anything else. Well...I guess they could be idiots. That would be one explanation. Or poor, but that's the same thing. Arghahahahahahahaha, stupid poor people! Arghahahahahahaha.

Are you calling me stupid? And poor? roll eyes (sarcastic) some kids just don't know, I suppose...
The Ipod is really not so great. 80 G is a lot though, if you can afford that. I can't think of anything with more memory than that sad

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by lorddreamer
Are you calling me stupid? And poor? roll eyes (sarcastic) some kids just don't know, I suppose...
The Ipod is really not so great. 80 G is a lot though, if you can afford that. I can't think of anything with more memory than that sad

Get some money, poor boy. No-body loves you. You're just a poor boy from a poor family. Spare us your story of your Zen-monstrosity.

amity75
Ipod. Coz Itunes is so simple that even a mentally retarded monkey like me cannot fail to understand it's simplicity. Simply plug in ur ipod and collect your songs.

StinkFist462
i have a Zen Vision: M.

lorddreamer
Originally posted by StinkFist462
i have a Zen Vision: M.

How you like it?

I'ma just tune out the hatred ...

Phat J
you're a disgrace to canada

lorddreamer
woooooooow I don't even like Canada!! First chance I get I'm out.
Honostly, though, why are you all such mad haters? What have I ever done to y'all?

~Da Rev~
I've got a Zen Vision: M and it hasn't failed me yet.

I had an Ipod, and i thought it was an overrated piece of crap.

dirkdirden
I have an 4gig Ipod nano. It drops the mad hits player.

95% satisfyed with my nano so far had it for 8 months now. 3% knock off becuase it scratches easy....really easy, 2% knock off becuase it can go wigity wack if you use it on more than one computer.

I would just go in and use them both for a little while and which ever one makes you feel more gangster is the one you pick.

Flying High
i'd go for the creative zen smile

i have an old version and i've had it for almost two years and it hasnt broke yet..my friends ipods tend to get a bit crappy every so often...

plus...the battery indicator is WAY weird :s

§P0oONY
I've got a 30GB iPod... It's decent enough, does everything I need.... Video function is pointless as anything though... Who wants to watch a video on a 2 inch screen?

Phat J
Originally posted by lorddreamer
woooooooow I don't even like Canada!! First chance I get I'm out.
Honostly, though, why are you all such mad haters? What have I ever done to y'all?
i thought you were tuning out the crap so i figured, why not?

lorddreamer

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Phat J
i need everybodys opinion on something. im getting an mp3 player and i wanted to know which type is the best and least likely to break in a year. i was going to get an ipod but ive been talking to a couple people and they had problems with theirs. im getting a 20 or 30 gig one so its gonna be 300 plus dollards so i wanna get the bets kind. i remember hearing about an mp3 called zen and that it was cheaper and much better than the ipod. does anybody know about this?

i realize that this thread is probably going to get closed but i dont know where to put it so ****it. post quick before a mod sees it. or someone who'll report it. (im lookin at you AC stick out tongue )

I personally don't concur with iPod, but I like mp3 players. I have one, but its poo, cos it did brake in a year, unfortunately.

vintageSW77
ive had 2 creative zens and they are both ****ed
i dropped the first one and that was the end of that
the 2nd one the headphone socket went on one ear so thats the end of that
they lasted me a year each

ipod for xmas

lorddreamer
Originally posted by vintageSW77
ive had 2 creative zens and they are both ****ed
i dropped the first one and that was the end of that
the 2nd one the headphone socket went on one ear so thats the end of that
they lasted me a year each

ipod for xmas

I'm not even gonna try to to convince you that dropping your mp3 player is not the mp3 player's fault... and the headphones really are crap. That's true, but that also, I won't try to tell you has nothing to do with the Zen.
smile
HOWEVER! Dont go dropping 200 dollars on ah Ipod!! Those will break in about a month, if you go around dropping you mp3 players stick out tongue Unless your going after that 60 or 80 or whatever, an iRiver or Toshiba!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.